Marvel Genesis: Hank Pym

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nighthunter

"That doesn't even make sense" says Hank Pym as he listens to the argument of the In-Betweener. "How can life and death be the same thing and opposites at the same time?" continues the world's greatest scientist. 

"You are thinking of the physical plane. Considering only what you can touch and see like any scientist would, i'm talking about the astral plane. We never cease to exist, we never stop learning and we never go away." 

"Why the change of phase though?"  

"Why must the water become ice and then vapor and then into water again?" 

"Fair enough. I have to go so I'll see you tomorrow." 

Having said that Hank Pym  shrank once again to his normal size and dimension and appeared once again into his office. It was time for him to continue to change the world with nothing else than his brain, but before he was able to do it he had to do his one phone call of the day, he only did it once to make sure that he would keep working and not be driven insane but it was always his favorite part of the day. 

He picked up the phone and waited for the love of his life to pick up. "Hi Janet? Its me Hank..." 

Meanwhile... 

A group of around twenty people gathered in front of a tour guide who was giving them the equipment needed for their visit to the institute. This equipment included video glasses, microphones to interact with the AI and even flying boots. As everyone had them gathered the AI projected itself with the look of Hank Pym. 

"Hi. My name is Henry J. Pym but the world mostly knows me as Dr. Hank Pym. You are now gathered at the entrance of the Pym institute of Breakthrough research  and innovative science." 

The scene then moved them directly to the outside of the institute where they could see it from above thanks to the window roof. "This is regarded as the greatest scientist institute not only of the country but of the world. Every single day dozens of the greatest scientists in the world let their imaginations run wild in order to make tomorrow a better future for people like you and me." 

The scene then took them to the inside of the laboratories where they could see first hand how the scientists all researched in things that just two years before would be considered as completely impossible. "Nothing is impossible." announced the AI Hank Pym to his audience and then grabbed one of the devices of the scientists to show it to the tour group. "This man here is working in a belt that cancels the gravity field of the user making him literally fly. This comes from a man from a race which only 60 years ago invented the airplane."  

The tour group marveled as they looked at the various inventions of the scientists working there until one little girl did a question which made everyone turn in interest to the AI Hank Pym. "Isn't it dangerous that the inventions are so exposed? What if a bad guy comes here" 

The AI Hank Pym smiles and starts to touch lightly the little girl on her head. "No one can steal from the Pym institute dear, we have the best science in the world." He then got up and made everyone fast forward to a door which had "Think Tank" written in it. "We also don't have all of our inventions in here. We keep our best scientists and inventions behind this door taking care of the most ambitious projects." 

Back  to the office 
"Had a great idea when talking to the In-betweener Janet. Think I may actually pull it off now."  

"Hank maybe its time for you to let it go I..." 

But before Janet was able to reply the sound of someone knocking at the door interrupted her. "I have to love baby. I love you" says Hank and then he puts the phone down.  He opens it and sees that its Bill Foster. "Time to work boss" announces Bill and then they start walking to the think tank. 

"Its not healthy."  says Bill  

"I know." 

"And up to a point kind of freaky. You do know you have to move on. Janet is dead." 

Hank then turned to look into Bill's eyes not with anger as expected but with sadness. "I love her Bill. I've always loved her and I always did. The universe played a cruel joke on me when it took her away from me the same day as our wedding. It wasn't a revenge act, it wasn't a big disaster. It was a heart condition...it was so random...It didn't make sense. The universe played a joke on me Bill, but it forgot that my mind makes it my playground. So I invented a phone that lets me speak with the dead, I could have used it to debate with Einstein about scientific principles or listen to Elvis' voice once more but instead I choose it to listen to the woman I love every single day. I know its wrong, I know its creepy but I also know that her love is the only thing keeping me going" 

Hank then opened the door to enter the think tank room and looked into Bill who was trying to apologize for even saying anything. "Don't worry about it. Ready to change the world again?" 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

This is awesome in a the-end-revelation-creeps-me-out kind of way.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Aiden Cross

Very nice, keep it up!

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Blizaga101

I really liked it, i agree with the weird twist at the end and i loved how you kept repeating cruel joke. Just made it that more well written
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter
@primepower53 said:
This is awesome in a the-end-revelation-creeps-me-out kind of way.
You can't do a Hank Pym story and ignore the crazy side of his genius. Glad that you liked it 

@Aiden Cross said:
Very nice, keep it up!
thanks man, will do 

@Blizaga101 said:
I really liked it, i agree with the weird twist at the end and i loved how you kept repeating cruel joke. Just made it that more well written
thanks man
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator
@Nighthunter: Like M. Night Shyamalan says, "It's a twist!" Great chapter by the way.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

thanks man

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

whoa  Hank's got a sixth sense thing going on i see. 

"I see dead people"

Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Clue_

I read this and was skeptical at first...but I think you captured enough of Hank's essence and core. It was pretty good work.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter
@Clue_ said:
I read this and was skeptical at first...but I think you captured enough of Hank's essence and core. It was pretty good work.
Thanks man. Hopefully I'll have time for the next post soon
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By moviegeek17

that twist at the end was brilliant! cant wait for part two to come out!

Avatar image for thewalkingcomicbookfan
TheWalkingComicbookfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think it was great! Well written with a good twist at the end- keep it up!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@Nighthunter: I had to laugh that the acronym for Pym's lab is B.R.I.S or the covenant of circumcision :) This is really good

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Gambit1024

Moar.

Loved it dude, can't wait for more.