Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By CaptainLantern76

Author: CaptainLantern76

Series: Jurassic Park

Rating: PG-13

Genres: Adventure/Romance/Mystery/Suspense/Sci-Fi

Well, it took forever, but I finally got Chapter Two up. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you, Edwin”, Alan said as he, Ian, and Billy got out of the car.

“You’re welcome” Edwin said. Then he started the car and left.

The trio looked at the hotel. It was a plain, whitish, square-shaped building. It was not the tallest hotel, nor the widest. But this hotel seemed nice enough.

Alan, Ian, and Billy walked into the building. It looked much better on the inside. There were all sorts of fancy paintings, statues, etc. And then they found where to check in. Standing there was a pale young lady. She had blue eyes, brown hair, and was wearing a red and black uniform.

“Hello” Ian said to the lady. “Room for three, please”.

“Why certainly – wait a minute…” the lady said. “Is it really you? Are you really Dr. Malcolm?”

“Umm….yes.”

“Oh my god….I am such a huge fan of you”, the lady said in such an excited tone, grabbing Ian’s hand and shaking it like crazy. “First Dr. Sattler, the Dr. Harding, and now…YOU!” she said. The lady went on about how she admires his work, his personality, and his looks.

“Okay, okay, okay” Ian said, freeing himself from the woman’s grip. “Nice to see a big fan.”

Then the lady noticed Alan next to Ian. “Oh, and I see you have Dr. Grant with you…”, she said in a negative tone.

Alan noticed her tone “Well, seems like I’m not getting a wild, fangirlish reaction”.

“In all honesty, I prefer Richard Levine to the likes of you – his theories are better; I’d attend to one of his speeches over yours any day of the week,”

Alan scoffed. “Figures”

“Well, here’s your room keys. You guys are in luck, too. We only had one available room left.” the lady said, ignoring Alan’s remark and handing Ian the keys.

“Thank you” Ian replied.

So the trio walked up to their rooms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room was white and medium-sized. There were three beds lined up against the left corner of the room, with nightstands next to each. A couple feet away from the beds was a small brown desk, with a black desktop on it. On the right corner of the room was, of course, the bathroom. There was also a green, soft couch, along with three chairs of the same brand. In front of these was a large, black 100-inch screen TV.

“Damn” Billy said. “This is a really nice room.”

“Yeah” Ian said in agreement.

Billy, being a little tired, went to the touch and turned on the TV – and Spongebob Squarepants appeared on the screen. And it was a GOOD episode, too.

Patrick: Let me tell you a story to cheer you up.

*Patrick picks up SpongeBob and puts him on his red chair. Patrick’s eyes turn big an adorable*

Patrick: It’s called “The Ugly Barnacle”

*SpongeBob’s eyes turn big and adorable*

Patrick: Once, there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end.

*A creepy smile forms on Patrick’s face. SpongeBob simply stares at Patrick*

SpongeBob: That didn’t help at all.

Billy chuckled.

“Well, guys” Alan said. “I think I’m going to have some have lunch”

“You have fun with that” Ian told Alan as he went straight to the computer.

So Alan left the room.

John looked out the window.

It was a bright, sunny day in San Diego. The birds were chirping and all across the neighborhood he lived, kids were playing in their front yards. Then, one particular sight caught John’s attention. He saw two kids, both looking no older than six, playing with a bunch of dinosaur toys, all from the same toy line. John smiled at the sight.

Then Edwin walked up to John. “Master Hammond, your lunch is ready” he said.

“Thank you.” John replied back.

John and Edwin walked downstairs to the dining room. It was a pretty large room. In the center of the room was a huge glass table, with a plate of grilled cheese on the end. There was a chain hanging lamp above the table. There were all sorts of small monuments across the room. Also, on the other side of the room, there was a large painting of a herd of Parasaurolophus during the late Cretaceous, drinking from a large lake; in the background of the painting was an obscure carnivorous dinosaur known as Gorgosaurus, watching the herd and preparing to make its move.

“Ah, grilled cheese. My favorite”

Then John and Edwin heard the front door open. Then they heard a woman’s voice. “Ah, it’s good to be home”. John and Edwin knew who this was – it was John’s wife, Julie Hammond. She had come home from work.

The two men left the dining room to greet John’s wife. Julie was a short, pale lady. She had brown eyes and light gray hair. Like Edwin, she had several wrinkles on her face. She was wearing a red dress with black stripes on it, along with a hat and high heels to match it.

“Welcome home, darling” John said to her.

“Oh, John…I am so glad to see you. I had a horrible day at work” Julie replied.

“Really?”

“Oh yes. I like being a logistician, I really do – but sometimes can be a pain”. Julie continued to rant on to John about how horrible her day was. John was paying close attention, but Edwin simply zoned out – he hated listening to Julie’s rants.

“Wow.” John said. You DID have a horrible day”

“Indeed” Julie said. “Changing the subject…how did it go with Dr. Grant and Dr. Malcolm”

“Oh, it went well. Alan and Ian accepted my offer. Not only that, but I also got Alan’s assistant, Billy Brennan, who accompanied Alan and Ian, to come. Now the team is complete.”

“Well done, darling. Well done” Julie said. “Now if you’ll excuse me, John, I’m going upstairs to relax by taking a hot bath.”

“And my grilled cheese is getting cold” John replied.

As Julie walked upstairs, Edwin looked at John. “Master Hammond, exactly how do you put up with your wife? I mean, she can be very, very annoying at times.”

John sighed. “Yes, Edwin. She can be. But I love her dearly – and when she’s not nagging and ranting, she is the sweetest woman you’ll ever meet. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have lunch to eat.”

Alan simply stared at the buffet.

It was a lavish spread. There were all kinds of food for him to choose from – from Italian to Mexican. However, to his delight, he saw his favorite food: chicken fingers. He quickly grabbed a plate of them, with a side of ketchup.

“Dr. Grant? Is that you?”

Alan turned around to see a face he hadn’t seen in 20 years. There stood the brilliant bioengineer of Jurassic Park, Henry Wu. He was dressed up in neat clothes, with a black collar t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and gray tennis shoes.

“Well, well, well...if it isn’t Dr. Wu. Haven’t seen you in 2 decades.”

“And I see ol’ John got you to be on the team, Dr. Grant.”

“Well, I wouldn’t be here if he did, now would I…”

“Yeah I guess. Here, follow me.”

Henry grabbed a little ketchup cup, then he and Alan walked across the area, until Henry sat down at a table. Alan did the same. Henry appeared to be having a cheeseburger with a side of fries.

“So…” Henry said to Alan. “How have you been doing?”

“Good, good” Alan responded. Alan took a bite of his chicken fingers. “So…what exactly is Site C like? Is there anything on it that was absent from Site B?”

“Well” Henry responded. “It’s really not much different from Site B. Site C is a little more mountainous, and the forest is smaller while grasslands are more prominent. But other than that, it’s the same.”

“Ah”.

There was silence for a while as Alan and Henry kept eating their food. After a while, a thought came upon Alan’s head.

“So…out of curiosity…when I was at Site B, I happened to run into a huge carnivorous creature known as Spinosaurus…but I don’t remember seeing it on InGen’s list. What’s the deal with that?”

Henry was silent for a few seconds. Then he began to respond.

“Well, we couldn’t show the Spinosaurus to the public – something went wrong when we were cloning it, and it was just too aggressive. They were supposed to be destroyed while you, Dr. Sattler, and Dr. Malcolm were on the tour, but the power outage took our minds off it. We thought the Spinosaurus would die after a week like the other dinosaurs. But, unfortunately, it didn’t. In all honesty…it wasn’t the only dinosaur we couldn’t show to the public”

The last eleven words made Alan choke.

“Wait – what?”

“Yes, it’s true. There was one other dinosaur that turned out to be too aggressive to be shown to the public. If you thought the Velociraptors were bad, then…*sigh*…well, they are nothing compared to…the Deinonychus.”

Alan was stunned at the revelation.

“Y-y-you b-bred D-Dein-Deinonychus?”

“Yes. Yes we did. They are worse than the Velociraptors and they are even worse than the Spinosaurus.” Henry answered.

“Well, Hammond didn’t tell me about this. Why wouldn’t he? It would’ve been nice to have known this before I accepted to be on the team.”

“Yeah…well, be glad I told you before you found out the hard way”

Alan was too stunned to say another word for a while. Then he spoke up.

“Well…I think I just lost my appetite.”

Alan grabbed his tray and left, leaving Henry alone at his table.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And done!

If you’re confused about the Deinonychus thing, since Jurassic Park’s Velociraptors are a lot more like Deinonychus, don’t worry. I’ll come up with an explanation in the next chapter.

As always, R&R!

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lorbo

My review:

The Good: I like your dialogue, it shows characters interests more than anything else it seems. Alan seems to have the most expression so far.

Critique: I suggest you find a way to avoid using 'then' so much. There are other ways to provide tags that help the story to flow that aren't so, um, obvious. I try to avoid using certain words over and over, probably the only one I abuse is 'the', but that is so common that I don't think that's all that bad.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By deadpoolrules

Dude,you write very well,like,very very very well.

@lorbo said:

Critique: I suggest you find a way to avoid using 'then' so much. There are other ways to provide tags that help the story to flow that aren't so, um, obvious. I try to avoid using certain words over and over, probably the only one I abuse is 'the', but that is so common that I don't think that's all that bad.

Yeah,I agree,but the rest is fine.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@deadpoolrules said:

Dude,you write very well,like,very very very well.

@lorbo said:

Yeah,I agree,but the rest is fine.

This

I swear I've posted here..like..yesterday lol, weird.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@CaptainLantern76: Ahh B.D Wong :) Good story, I like what you're doing

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts