feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By feebadger
No Caption Provided

So, i would like to start a little shared corner of the fan fic universe for those of you who like the darker corner of the world of fiction...HORROR!

I was wondering if any of the fine writers (and/or the aspiring greats) would be interested in writing some fan fiction based on the classic (and maybe not so classic, depending on your pitch) horror characters of fiction? Each writer can have only have one character apiece (of course, Jekyll/Hyde would being an exception) but, as with all fan fic, the rest is up to you. Stories can either be one offs or ongoings.

The only stipulations would be as follows;

1. All stories need to be, primarily set in the modern day. I want to see a contemporary take on these characters. Sure, if elements of the story exist in the past, that can be included, but the story should PRIMARILY be set in the modern day.

2. I'm hoping for collaboration to play a part in this collection. After the initial round of contributions, i am hoping to pair up likely creators/characters so that we can get some collaborative pieces going on the fan fic forum. I notice that everyone tends to labour in their own corner of this space so would love to see what happens when we put our minds together.

3. I'm going to play editor in chief on this one so what i say goes (to start with anyway). I'm a pretty fair and easy going guy so i'm always open to ideas and suggestions, but i want this to be a great collection of stories so i'm going to guide this pretty strictly to begin with. I just want great stories.

4. For the time being we're only using established horror characters and rewriting them (no Anne Rice vampires though, please as she tends to have king sized legal wobbly when people use her stuff).

5. I'm hoping to release these Horror Inc. stories in a measured way; four at a time so that everyone will get a chance (hopefully) to get their stuff read. Four stories will be released simultaneously on a date i will work out with the writers and then the next four will be released at a pre-determined time following that. Make sense? No? Good ;P All you need know, is please don't post your finished pieces until you've contacted me, no matter how eager you are to share your magnum opus with the world. It will benefit us all this way, trust me.

6. I'm hoping to collaborate with some of the regular contributors to the artist show off section (of which i am a sporadic contributor) and get some of the guys and gals over there to contribute a piece for each of the stories posted. I will be lending my own humble skills to to art piecestoo to make each story contributed by you guys as appealing to as wide a demographic possible. If you are an artist or know someone who will do a piece for you or other writers, get them on board and let me know.

7. I will actively be hawking your post to all and sundry. Anyone that will listen, i will actively pursue to try and get as many people having a look at the contributions that are made here. No point you putting in the hard work if it doesn't reach an audience, huh?

So, what do you think? Want to completely reinvent a horror great? Put your own stamp on Pinhead? Bring Frankensteins' monster kicking and screaming into the 21st century? Want to make the Invisible Man visible or have an Alien burst out of Ronald McDonalds chest?

Here's your chance.

PM me with your character and your pitch and we'll get this baby rolling. If you've any questions, please leave them below. I look forward to your ideas and to reading your stories.

(A great list of potential characters you can use can be found HERE!)

No Caption Provided

(Check out more art of Mrs_FreddyKrueger at http://media.photobucket.com/image/horror+characters+/Mrs_FreddyKrueger/horrorcharacters.jpg)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By feebadger

... more call outs to come...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

This could be interesting, I'll think of something and get back to you

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By deadpoolrules

Slender Man is what someone should write about

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By wildvine

Sounds like your cup of tea.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By feebadger

@joshmightbe: I look forward to it, sir.

@deadpoolrules: Great idea deadpoolrules. How about YOU? huh huh huh?

@wildvine: Thanks for calling others in wildvine. If anyone can think of someone who might be interested, please feel free to let them know.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deadpoolrules

@feebadger said:

@deadpoolrules: Great idea deadpoolrules. How about YOU? huh huh huh?

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@wildvine:

Aww, you know me too well. =3

This plus CreepyPasta? I'm going to have a full set of weekends this college semester. XD

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@wildvine:

Aww, you know me too well. =3

This plus CreepyPasta? I'm going to have a full set of weekends this college semester. XD

I knew you would come to this thread really soon. :)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By feebadger

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: So are you gonna write something for us, Necrotic Lycanthrope, are ya, huh, huh, are ya?

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger:

Most likely. I do have a wicked idea involving my OC Freakenstein and my OC "Son of Frankenstein" and the ramifications of an incident that lead to the death of the original Frankenstein Monster. It sounds weird now, and you have to now Freak and Frank Jr. to get to understand them, but even if it's a sort story, it'll be intense.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By feebadger

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Can't wait! I'll hold the character for you.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger:

:D

Frankenstein, you're gonna be re-imagined!

Monster: Ahh man, and I just got animated yesterday. :(

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By feebadger

The submissions are coming in. This is gonna be gooooood.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

Does it need to be an established character or is it okay to just use a type of monster or horror concept as a basis for a story

poze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By poze

@feebadger: I would like to do Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

@feebadger: Can I have Jason Voorhees if available?

andrewtheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 59

#18  Edited By andrewtheking

ill have Creature from the Black Lagoon if available

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#19  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cool. I'll have to think about this.

@andrewtheking said:

I've swam in the Black Lagoon numerous times...It's a little nippy and the water is not as clear as it once was (algae is terrible), but it is nice. :P

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By feebadger

@joshmightbe said:

Does it need to be an established character or is it okay to just use a type of monster or horror concept as a basis for a story

For this particular round of Horror Inc, yeah, i'd like to keep it within the realms of the more established horror characters. That's an awful big playground to play in and would love you to contribute. In the future i may expand it out to include broader concepts.

@andrewtheking said:

PM your pitch, sir and we'll see what we can do.

@The Poet said:

cool. I'll have to think about this.

@andrewtheking said:

I've swam in the Black Lagoon numerous times...It's a little nippy and the water is not as clear as it once was (algae is terrible), but it is nice. :P

Would love to have your contribute, sir.And, although i've never really swam in the black lagoon, i did pee in there once. DAMN that water's cold!

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By feebadger

@joshmightbe: @deadpoolrules: @wildvine: @Necrotic_Lycanthrope: @poze: @batkevin74: @andrewtheking: @The Poet: Revised stipulations posted above y'all, just to make things a bit clearer.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshmightbe

@feebadger: I was thinking about doing a werewolf story but I can't think of many well known stories to reboot

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I would LOVE to be apart of this.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By feebadger

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I would LOVE to be apart of this.

No problem, Nightcrawler. Just send me a PM with which character you would like to write (Evil Dead, Werewolves, Jason Voorhees, Alien and Slender Man have been taken) and your pitch for what your story will be about. Good to have you on board.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@feebadger: Awesome and thanks! I will most likely be sending you the PM with my pitch and character tonight if not tomorrow.

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: is this like a contest?

UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: Hitchcock

Battling his Monsters...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@UnderDogs_OverBoard said:

@feebadger: Hitchcock

Battling his Monsters...

sounds fun, though even as a Hitchcock fan I wonder how that would work.

Norman Bates (Psycho) and the Birds (The Birds) are obvious choices as villains (or as you call them: monsters), but then he used a lot of situational antagonists which wouldn't be considered monsters. So, I wonder how you do such a story.

I know you could easily play with the actual story and incorporate events of his movies into the story, for example you could have him be: buried and then unburied a number of times (Trouble with Harry), nearly run over by a crop duster (North by Northwest), have an affair with a woman who was not his wife (Rich and Strange), be afraid of heights (verticgo), and the list could go on and on...

@feebadger: so you want individual writers or two people stories? I do have a nice Invisible man Modern story brewing, but I can work with others if you want...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By batkevin74

@The Poet: I'd like to see Hitchcock as a paranoid schitzophrenic where he see's birds, has chats with his friend Norman, there's a cropduster following him but it's really all in his head!

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@batkevin74: I think it would be funny to have Cary Grant as the goffy clueless sidekick because he's normally so calm (and he knows to run away from danger like crop dusters).

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By batkevin74

@The Poet: Cary Grant could be Norman

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@batkevin74: *chuckles* I can see that scene now:

A dashing black haired man enters the great director's office. you could tell at once he is a leading man just by the way he walked. Hitchcock looks up from his papers.

"Yes?" he asks, in his iconic English accent.

"Well, I have to admit something," the actor hesitantly says to the floor.

"Go on, Mr. Grant," Hitchcock raised an eyebrow impatiently.

"That's the thing: my name is not Cary Grant. My real name is Anthony Perkins," the leading man's voice grew more and more manacle. He grabbed hold of his face and pulled. Hitchcock crenged slightly as the mask was ripped off to reveal a wild-eyed, not so handsome individual. "But my friends call me Norman. Norman Bates." He placed an gray wig upon his head, smiling deviously. He loosened his tie and tour the expensive suit off to reveal an old woman's dress.

He walked toward the director's desk, producing a long knife from somewhere. As he raised the blade he shouted hysterically, "And Mother doesn't like you!"

:P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By joshmightbe

Okay I think I have my story pretty much worked out I'm just having trouble coming up with a title. I'm trying to avoid cliche's though.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

Found a title and submitted my first chapter to

UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Poet: I actually meant Hitchcock going crazy though...

all of things that has been in his head and stuff...

then he turned it to movies he got rich and dated squirrel girl...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By joshmightbe

@UnderDogs_OverBoard: Hitchcock was actually pretty crazy in real life, he was well known for pretty much torturing actresses in his movies

UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: HAHA!

I know right...

I think i read that in a Cracked.com article

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joshmightbe

@UnderDogs_OverBoard: Also he didn't have a belly button which is just f**king weird

UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: 0.o

I remember Kyle XY

aahahahah

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By feebadger

@The Poet said:

@feebadger: so you want individual writers or two people stories? I do have a nice Invisible man Modern story brewing, but I can work with others if you want...

Just looking for individual stories right now, Poet, though i'm hoping to team up certain writers after the initial runs get put out. Speaking of which, loving what and yourself are putting together there with Hitchcock. Maybe with blessing you guys might want to do something with that?

Besides that idea, i was really HOPING that you were going to say Invisible Man. Don't know why, just think it's right up your alley and that you would do a great job with it. Would love it to be a part of Horror Inc.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By batkevin74

@The Poet: The clock struck two am, Alfred snapped to conciousness, sending notes from his desk flying. The grandfather clock's chime echoing through his office. Alfred looked down at the large knife stuck out of the middle of his desk.

"Oh my"

:)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm about half done with my second chapter, just waiting on approval for my first.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just looking at the fan fic section I dont post here often and this is a very interesting thread.

I would contribute if I had more time but I'm going to have less time soon.

I could maybe provide some ideas,but I dont think I will be able to do anything long term,I say this mainly because I dont want to let people down.

If any one wants ideas contact via this thread or PM me I would be more than happy to help in that way.

I was thinking something could be done with Leatherface or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre,in terms of the psychological side of things,rather than just relying on gore make the killers more three dimensional rely more on tension with a good helping of gore.I always wanted to see more done with Leatherfaces psychology more on his character flesh him out more.

Great thread though.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By feebadger

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Just looking at the fan fic section I dont post here often and this is a very interesting thread.

I could maybe provide some ideas,but I dont think I will be able to do anything long term,I say this mainly because I dont want to let people down.

If any one wants ideas contact via this thread or PM me I would be more than happy to help in that way.

I was thinking something could be done with Leatherface or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre,in terms of the psychological side of things,rather than just relying on gore make the killers more three dimensional rely more on tension with a good helping of gore.I always wanted to see more done with Leatherfaces psychology more on his character flesh him out more.

Great thread though.

Thank you, sir. We're hoping to get some collaborations together after the initial stories are released so, hopefully, maybe we can hook you up with something then, mrdecepticonleader? Would be great to have you involved.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By batkevin74

@feebadger: Just PM'd you my initial story, let me know Mr Editor sir :)

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@feebadger said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Great thread though.

Thank you, sir. We're hoping to get some collaborations together after the initial stories are released so, hopefully, maybe we can hook you up with something then, mrdecepticonleader? Would be great to have you involved.

Yeah I suppose.Thanks

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By feebadger

First round of releases nearly ready to go! HUZZAH!

@batkevin74 said:

@feebadger: Just PM'd you my initial story, let me know Mr Editor sir :)

Mr. Editor, Sir? HAH! Me likee! I'm getting the t-shirts printed tomorrow! ;P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm about mid way through my 3rd chapter, not trying to rush things just wanted to get it written down while it was still fresh in my mind.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By feebadger

@joshmightbe: Please keep going, good sir! Love the enthusiasm! (and the first chapter!)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Because my Jason Voorhees first chapter is going up :)