Horror Inc.: Hungry part 9

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Hektor and Bryna got ready for work. He looked to Robert and Edgar,"You working today?" They both shook their heads as Hektor continued, "Take those two to school and see what you can find out about these hunters, let me know if its someone we know."

He then looked to Chris, "The good news is, since the hunters are here they cleaned up your mess. Act as normal as possible and everything should be fine."

Along the way to school Chris stared at a picture of his mother, "She deserved better, after all the crap from my dad and raising me on her own I repay her like this."

Betsy asked, "What about your dad?"

Chris sighed, "He used to smack her around before she tossed him out."

Edgar interrupted, "My father hit my mother once, punched her right in the face. She chopped off his thumb with a hatchet and told him, if he ever raised a hand to her again she'd make a woman of him."

The rest in the car silently stared at Edgar for a moment as they pulled up to the school. Edgar shrugged them off.

Later Robert and Edgar pulled up to a diner and went in for breakfast. Edgar looked back at the hunters gathered and smiled as he saw Wade sitting alone away from the group. Robert followed Edgar's gaze and shook his head, "Crap."

Edgar walked over to Wade's table and sat with a grin, "How long has it been?"

Wade lowered his paper not a bit surprised, "5 years."

Edgar looked on a large scar on Wade's face and his dead left eye, "Ahh, yes. Belfast. That was the nearest any man has come to killing me in a very long time. Your father couldn't even claim that when I killed him."

Wade looked Edgar over, seeing if he was trying to bait him. Edgar continued, "He was a great warrior, you know. It was an honor to battle him as it was with you. I will not cause you trouble here, I just wished to say I'm glad its you and if by some chance you are the man to kill me, you have my word I will personally serve your first drink on the day you arrive in Valhalla."

Wade stared at him, "I don't believe in your gods."

Edgar laughed as he rose, "My gods do not concern themselves with such trivial matters as belief. See you tonight my friend, try not to die before I arrive."

The rest of the hunters stared hard as Edgar as he turned. he gave them a nod and came back to the counter as Robert grabbed a to go bag. Robert rolled his eyes, "Every time with this, you'd think you'd get tired of the whole bit."

Edgar chuckled as they left and the younger hunters looked to Wade who paid them no heed as he continued eating his breakfast.

Chris attempted to look happy as he picked up his cap and gown. His mother had been telling him all year how happy she'd be to see him in it. He faked a smile as he moved along into the lunchroom. He sat across Betsy who gave him a sympathetic look for once, " I know what its like to lose a mother, when that hunter killed my mother back in Ireland I thought...."

Chris glared, "You didn't rip yours apart with your teeth."

She gritted her teeth for a moment but Chris softened a bit, "I'm sorry, this has been the worst week of my life."

She smiled a bit, "On the bright side no more High School after tomorrow."

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By thespideyguy

These are great, why does nobody read them.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

"I'm sorry, this has been the worst week of my life."

She smiled a bit, "On the bright side no more High School after tomorrow."

Nice!

@thespideyguy said:

These are great, why does nobody read them.

I do! I have been

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Thanks @thespideyguy: I try not to worry about it too much, I'm just happy if a few people read and enjoy it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

bumped next chapter coming soon

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

bumped next chapter coming soon

Yes bump indeed! :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: The next chapter will dig in to Edgar's past a little and explain his attitude about brutality a bit.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By feebadger

This is a really great chapter in a really great story, joshmightbe. Hungry has become, kind of the backbone of Horror Inc in my opinion.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By wildvine

I like hunters in this world. I pitched a similar idea to Feebadger. Though my guys are more like the ghost busters.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@wildvine: These guys are more like a loosely organized army, I'll be getting more into who they work for in future chapters.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#10  Edited By cbishop

I don't think there's enough remorse and grief going on with the character of Chris, but I'm still enjoying the story.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@cbishop: I will have to clear up that Chris makes his dad out to be way worse than he actually is and as for the remorse part he's just keeping it bottled up.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: He just seems kind of "aw crap, I killed mom" about it, rather than, "WTF DID I DO?!" I could see the whole "I'm a werewolf/ werewolves are real" kind of muting it, but this just seems kind of way downplayed. Also, there's something very grossly Oedipal about having your character eat his mom. ;}

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Its one of those things that he's going to hold back until the worst possible moment, its going to cause some problems for him down the line.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Sounds like a good plan. Can't wait to see how you do at it.