Horror Inc. : Hungry part 4

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Chris charges through a field, his heart pounding like a kettle drum. He's fully aware of his surroundings, he wants to stop running, to sit and consider what's going on but his body simply won't stop. He can feel pure animal urge flooding his mind as he runs.

Betsy and Bryna run behind him at a distance, "Its not right, sending him out on his first hunt alone." Betsy remarks.

Bryna shakes her head and replies in her thick Irish accent, "Go ahead, girl."

Bryna steps away as Betsy turns and goes off to catch up with Chris.

Chris is feels an odd sense of relief when Betsy comes up beside him. The two of them leap over a fence where finally to Chris' relief he stops. He then turns to see a field full of cattle. Betsy immediately pounces on one tearing into it. Chris tries to stop but he's helpless against the beast as he leaps forward dragging one of the cows to the ground as it attempts to flee.

Chris is horrified at himself as he buries his face in the blood and gore from the still moving cow. In his mind he begs himself to stop, he pleads for this to all just be some nightmare that he'll wake from soon but he knows its not to be. After he strips the last edible bit from the cow Betsy wanders over and nudges him with her nose and beckons him to follow.

They briskly wander back to the house. As they stop in the back yard Betsy returns to her human form as Bryna appears with her cloths. Chris finally regains a bit of control and forces himself to revert back to human form. It hurt every bit as much as it had becoming the creature. Betsy looked down on him, her breathing heavy as the change finished. Chris fell to the ground in an unconscious heap.

Chris woke up in the morning on the couch in Hektor's living room. He sat up noticing Robert in a chair watching the morning news as he tied his boots. He looked over to Chris and in his Southern drawl,"Good mornin, I hear you had a rough night."

He then tossed Chris some clothes and headed into the kitchen as he got dressed. As Chris tied his shoes Robert returned with his keys, "Want some breakfast?"

Chris felt disgusted with the notion of eating but despite himself he nodded.

As they drove Chris asked, "So I'm a werewolf now, right?"

Robert nodded, "If it helps we didn't turn you on purpose, Edgar was just a little slow getting through that door."

Chris erupted, "You ate my friends!"

Robert again nodded, "Again, not on purpose. Just wrong place wrong time."

Chris fell back in his seat, "If you can't control it, don't you think you should've found some place without people around?"

Robert gave him a wary look,"You mean like an abandoned prison, 20 miles outside of town where its illegal for people to go hang out?"

Chris just silently stared as he continued, "We didn't plan on hurting anyone, we thought at most we'd change and eat our fill of rats and birds living in an the place. Unfortunately a bigger easier to catch meal happened by. You felt it last night, you need to learn that the wolf does whatever the hell it wants, we're just along for the ride."

Chris stammered out, "So what now?"

Robert looked to him, "Now you do your best to get used to turning into a monster at least twice a week until someone does you the favor of loping off your head."

Chris looked down and Robert eased back,"Hey kid, its not all bad, you get to live a lot longer than normal folks, you'll be stronger, faster, can't get sick, you heal faster and your senses, well that'll take some getting used to. Avoid air horns."

Finally Chris asked, "How much longer do we live?"

Robert shrugged, "Not sure, but when Hektor found me I was on the losing side of Gettysburg."

Chris looked shocked, "You were a confederate soldier!?"

Robert nodded, "Yea, and before you ask, No I was not pro slavery I just joined the side that wasn't setting my home town on fire."

(To be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Robert nodded, "Yea, and before you ask, No I was not pro slavery I just joined the side that wasn't setting my home town on fire."

Very good

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Glad you liked it, I actually have a plan for a somewhat big reveal of who turned the head of this pack into a werewolf. Though honestly it'll probably only seem big for those who know their werewolf folk lore history.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By feebadger

This is going great. I really think you should flesh out the backstory in this story instead of the one shots you were considering. Can't wait to find out more.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@feebadger: I'm working on part 5 as we speak, it will feature Robert explaining his last day as a human. It was a historically rough day.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GillaDro

Very good

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Guardiandevil83

This is freaking awesome! I know Chris felt like an ass after bringing up the control issue.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@joshmightbe said:

Very good

Seconded. Liked the bits about the prison, and just being along for the ride too.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@cbishop said:
@batkevin74 said:

@joshmightbe said:

Very good

Seconded. Liked the bits about the prison, and just being along for the ride too.

Third this! I think it was a brilliant way to state how long Robert has been around!