knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

My take on the Green Arrow Mythology

Chapter seven: The Drugs

I don’t know how long I was knocked out. For who knows how long I wake up for a few seconds to the same image, the man in the hood dragging me through the jungle with Roy draped over his shoulder. Whenever I try to struggle pain shoots all over me and I black out again, and again, and again.

SPLASH!

I get up with a start when the cold water splashes me awake. I look around me and notice I’m inside a grey cell-like room. Once I calm down from the sudden awakening, I notice the hooded man standing over me.

“Good morning Oliv-“

He doesn’t get a chance to finish. In a flash I pounce on him and start to furiously punch him, imagining the dead bodies of my parents lying on the yacht. My vision tunnels and I almost can’t stop myself…I don’t want to stop.

Unfortunately for me, the hooded man does. Easily, he grabs one of my fists in mid-punch and pushes me off. Lying on my side, I feel a fierce kick to my stomach and I double over in pain.

Ehem, as I was saying…”

I look up from the floor to see the man looking over me just like he was a few seconds ago, it’s almost like my attack did nothing to him!

“Welcome, Oliver, to the Sanctuary.”

“Oliver, wake up.”

My eyes open to the same grey cell, but this one I remember all too well. When I try to get up though, unlike my counterpart, I can’t get up, finding myself strapped to the ground. I struggle to move but find that the belts wrapped around me to be too strong. Looking up, I see Arthur standing over me.

“Good evening Oliver.”

My eyes widen when I hear him say those words and I suddenly make a connection. When Arthur sees this he studies me for a second before he speaks. “What is it, Oliver, what did you see?”

I look at him with some kind of new understanding until I finally answer him, “I saw you.”

And then, all of a sudden, I see black.

My name is Arthur Merlyn, archer to the Sanctuary. For the past few weeks, I have been given possession of Oliver Queen in his journey towards knowledge. But now I believe myself to be in an incredible situation.

In the Sanctuary, every recruit enters into the same process Oliver is in right now. The drug, or at least that it what Oliver knows it as, enters into the subject and shows him his true self, allowing it to flesh out into the subject’s actual body. At some point, the subject goes into training, such as Oliver did with Tatsu, and the ‘true self’ is able to manifest itself quicker. With Oliver, however, this is not an option. Never has a subject seen another person inside the dream. The boss, as much as it pains me, will not allow Oliver to stop the process until it is finally known why he is doing this to Oliver. But now there’s a new problem.

Sometimes when a person dreams they dream about people that they know. Most of the time when the person wakes up from the dream they know that they’ve been dreaming and the ‘meeting’ that they had with the other person is nothing more than part of the dream. I’m afraid that if Oliver keeps on dreaming of myself, and possibly other members of the Sanctuary, he will slowly begin to lose sense on reality.

In other words, I believe that Oliver is slowly becoming crazy.

End of Chapter seven

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Okay, so this was a long time coming and I'm sorry that it's shorter than the other chapters but, well, you know. :/

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheJester

I like it very much. Your take on GA is quite unique and impressive.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By thespideyguy

I love this series, but I've missed so much. Will you please give me the links.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By dngn4774

Phew! All caught up. I really like where this series is heading and I think your doing an excellent job with it. So many questions are still going through my mind but suspense is good for keeping an audience interested.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

My name is Arthur Merlyn, archer to the Sanctuary...

This needs some kind of definitive break, like...

My name is Arthur Merlyn, archer to the Sanctuary...

When Ollie is narrating both the island and the Sanctuary, the unannounced shift from one to the other is acceptable- it's part of what makes the reader question which is the reality. When you shift narration from one character to the other though, I think you should make some definite break to let the reader know. The " *** " is a recognized symbol of things shifting that doesn't take the reader out of the story as much as them going, "Wait, what just happened, is this Ollie? No, it's Arthur...right? Yeah, okay..." and back to the story. The goal should always be to keep the reader in the story.