Fic'r interview thread: batkevin74

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

Our first interview! Is your mind ready to be blown? Can it handle ? OR HIS TIME-TRAVELLING ZOMBIES? Remember to post your nominations on http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/fan-ficrs-interview-thread/662462/

Done by The Poet
Done by The Poet

About Batkevin74

Username: I am batkevin74

Age: My age is probably way older than everyone but lets just say Stephen King publishes his first novel; the Watergate Scandal happened and Cyclone Tracy hit Darwin in Australia the year I was born...I also cunningly hid it in my user name...d'oh!

Languages: I speak English, Australian, American. I can also speak with a South African, Scottish, Irish & French accent

Favorite fictional character: I am all about the Batman

Taste in comics: Hmmmm I like Batman & the Bat family but at the moment hating Batwoman and not that fussed on Bat Girl. I like the Fantastic 4 for the science element. I'm an Aquaman convert. I love Tiny Titans one of the best, funniest and cleverest comics around! I like Deathstroke at the moment but when Liefeld comes on board I'll drop it. I get very sick of the constant multi-part crossovers that happen seconds after the last multi-part crossover...I'm looking at you Marvel!!! I buy a lot of Marvel trades mainly because the pump them out and they're relatively cheap. I am primarily a DC fan though

AND NOW THE QUESTIONS!

CFb: Have you ever written a fic about Batman?

BK74: Not yet! Started one in the DCU where Damien was going to take on Superman who'd come from an alternate universe and the first thing Supes did was kill Batman because he's the biggest threat. But as yet no dedicated Batman fan-fic by myself. One day I'll do one

CFb: Which character do you find the most fun to write about?

BK74: At the moment it's the guys I've created for my various fic's here. Kerek aka Migraine in the now defunct DC: 5th World, Warstar, Distain & Corporal America in Marvel Iron Age and Green Panther in the New Amalgam Universe. They're mine and I can do with them, well within reason, what I like with. I'm also kinda proud of MY Punisher in Marvel Genesis, giving a slightly new take on Frank Castle.

CFb: Which one of the characters you created do you like the most and think would be interesting to see in a comic book?

BK74: Hmmm good question. I'd love the to see the Iron Age as a maxi-series with Scalphunter, Warstar and co but that's a pipe dream. If it could get cleared, canonised and approved by the powers that be probably Green Panther. Seems not only do I like him but he's had something ridiculous like 200+ views :)

CFb: Who are your favourite writers on the vine currently?

BK74: I am really enjoying , , & surprisingly new poster . There's also several others but then I'd spend this entire comment box mentioning everyone. So for the moment it's those four, no offence to anyone else, but if you've posted something I've probably read it and commented on it. Also The Impersonator just for they're sheer massive volume of work especially on Wolverine, Alpha Flight and Iron Man Cluster

CFb: So, do you read as many fics on the board as you'd like to?

BK74: Honestly I try to read everything new that pops up because if I read they're stuff, hopefully they'll read mine. It's a bit of a give and take I feel. Because at times it's weird when a fic has 63 views and 2 comments one of them being mine that say 'BUMP'. At times it does feel like I'm trolling, don't mean too just happens and being in Australia I run on a different time scale to the northern hemisphere

CFb: What do you think the Fan-Fic board needs more of?

BK74: Views from Axel Alonso, Dan DiDio, Brian Michael Bendis, Erik Larsen, Todd MacFarlane, Mike Richardson, Matt Gagnon, Mark Waid, Mark Millar who if you don't recognise the names are key people in the comic industry and a way that Fan-Fic'ers can possibly break into the mainstream. An artist can go to a convention and hand over a portfolio and get picked up but us writers have a hard time because it's a bit hard because nobody wants to read a seven page story nor listen to an awesome idea of where Batman & Aquaman fight time travelling zombies on Neptune.

CFb: So, what made you get into Fan-Fic?

BK74: I've been writing fan fic on my computer for years, emailing it to friends. I happened across Comic Vine almost by accident

CFb: What was the first fic you ever posted?

BK74: First post..um probably my Hulk story that I'd written years ago and popped up here. Either that or Marvel Space. I can't remember

CFb: Do you think writing Fan-Fics improves your writing skills?

BK74: Certainly do. More you write the better you get. People comment and suggest things, catch bad spelling and grammar and you strive to be better on your next one and the next one.

CFb: Why should other people view and get involved on the fan-fic board?

BK74: Why view? Well if you view stuff you can say "Hey I knew that guy BEFORE he got famous!" :) It kinda happened to Brian Michael Bendis and he's writing ALL of Marvel these days :) And you should get involved, it's fun! You get to indulge in all those fan-boy/girl fantasies like "Who would win in a fight between Savage Dragon and Wonder Woman...I'll write that"

So that kernel of an idea that's sitting there, grab a pen and paper or fire up the computer and get writing. Post it here and HAVE FUN!

-

YOU HEARD THE MAN!GET THAT FIC POSTED!!!Also, don't forget to check the fic'r interview board for links to new exciting interviews with your favourite Fan-Fic writers!

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By feebadger

Hey, thank you for the good word and congratulations on being the first interview batkevin74!!! (And don't feel too bad, i'm neeeearly as old as you x)) May your pen never dry nor your mind.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@CapFanboy: very cool!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapFanboy

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy: very cool!

I know :'D...You're coming up pretty soon on the list Poet....or should I say Teop! YES! i know your secret identity!!!

FEEL LIKE A TIM DRAKE!!!

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@CapFanboy: and now you know why reVamp calls me teoP...

of course I would ask that I am able post to a second fan fic (one that I would like to be linked to an intereview...) before I am refered to as a "Fic'r"

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapFanboy

@The Poet: post away, then when you're done lemme know

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By rav4

Nice interview! And thanks for the mention, batkevin, keep up to good work :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By The Impersonator

An awesome interview! Thanks for mentioning about me, batkevin74. :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

very cool

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

@spiderbat87 said:

very cool
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By batkevin74

Thank you one, thank you all!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@CapFanboy: Any more interviews?

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CapFanboy

@batkevin74 said:

Yes! Just setting up questions for sora_the key

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@CapFanboy said:

@batkevin74 said:

Yes! Just setting up questions for sora_the key

I thought it was innervenom123 next...

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By feebadger

@CapFanboy: @batkevin74: @The Poet: Been out of the loop for a while but am ready to re enter the fan fic ring and would love to see another one of these (can i nominate Ravager4 or primepower53 because they work their ASSES off!)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Well look at this! When did this occur? (Kinda rhetorical since it says 2 months & 2 days ago) @CapFanboy is there a series of these?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Bumping this thread so people can read it and also because I added something to the op which wasn't there before...

@batkevin74: @CapFanboy:

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74
rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By rav4

@The Poet: Are you making one for everyone now? :o

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Ravager4: maybe?

Just need to find the right images for the users. something that fits them (or in Batkevin's case: images I can steal from their profile XD)

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CapFanboy

@batkevin74 said:

@CapFanboy said:

Our first interview! Is your mind ready to be blown? Can it handle ? OR HIS TIME-TRAVELLING ZOMBIES? Remember to post your nominations on http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/fan-ficrs-interview-thread/662462/

Done by The Poet
Done by The Poet

Nice pic! That's really cool! Thanks :)

Your thanks must be directed to It's his wonderful time-management skills that allowed him to create this without slacking like I would have!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CapFanboy
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batkevin74

@CapFanboy said:

@batkevin74 said:

@CapFanboy said:

Done by The Poet
Done by The Poet

Nice pic! That's really cool! Thanks :)

Your thanks must be directed to It's his wonderful time-management skills that allowed him to create this without slacking like I would have!

Oops! Thanks for my pic :)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@batkevin74: np

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Nice read. Kind of reminds me of those one page interviews in the back of Wizard...when Wizard was still good...and not cancelled.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should restart this idea

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@batkevin74: Already closing on 3 years. I'm starting to miss poet and cap.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By batkevin74

@dngn4774: They're both still about, just in limited cameo appearances

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should restart this idea

I read through all of these... <looks above> ...1 year 7 months ago, and had the same thought. I was (and am) under the impression that it's up to CapFanboy who gets to continue this. It could be fun, but most of the regulars have been interviewed. Nothing says they can't be interviewed again though. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I'm thinking there's a whole new wave of writers who haven't been chatted to as yet

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: True. WGP just has me in the mindset of mixing the old with the new. :)

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is cool

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers