Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxYoungFatexx

Atomic Structure #4

Rated: T

_____

When great forces are on the move in this world, we learn that we have choices, and our actions have consequences. Every person has two choices: life or death. This can be a vindictive or charitable power; something no human should possess. However, I did.

The lure of this supremacy is an enthralling ruse. It is something that can sentence your life into a pathway of endless darkness. Heroes must repudiate; heroes must forswear using these powers for ill means. However, sometimes, I think certain villains deserve to feel pain. They deserve the pain they have caused to others. They deserve to feel that pain.

I continued staring hard, and my hands shuddered.

I curled my fingers, skyward, slowly sliding down the fearful face. A human sized bug, something I could squash in minutes. My hands were glowing, and that face seemed to be praying, hope that fate would let him live. I do not believe in fate.

“Please,” the bug said, but I was not listening. Here and now, I was God; and I was in control. “Please,” the bug begged again, but I was enchanted through this enticement of power.

I leaned closer, whispering, “Why” into its ear. My hands continued their crawling, a terrifying imitation of nails preparing to plunge deeply onto a black board. “You killed that little girl; why shouldn’t I do the same to you, insect?”

“Please,” it begged again, but my nails sank lower into its skin. I smelled the dreadful scent of burning flesh; but in my eyes, I was just slowly removing a pest. “Please! I’ll do anything,” it cried louder, and the boiling slightly increased.

“You’ll do anything? What about bring that little girl back.”

It said nothing, and I prepared myself for the final sentence: death.

“Dark Fly, stop!” A voice shouted; it was the Atom. “Put him down, now.”

“Why should I?” I screeched, twisting around to face the older hero. I was ready, and I was willing to accept whatever consequence came from killing this… this… mosquito.

“This won’t solve anything.” He said, putting down the body of the Bug-eyed Bandit. He walked closer, and I pointed one hand in the air at him. He stopped, and he said. “Don’t do this; you’ll regret it.”

The bug behind him started laughing. “Ah, don’t listen to him, girl. Put that vermin’s lights out.”

My other hand trembled, slowly reenergizing its light, and it started burning again. I looked away from Ray, who, disappointed, curved his head away. The light show stopped, and the bug stopped too.

“Now,” I said, giving the burned insect a soft slap on the mark. “Every day you wake up, you’ll see the number of how old that girl would’ve been, if you didn’t murder her.” Then I walked away, heading towards the Atom. He was smiling, and I think he was proud of me. Instead of a tap on the shoulder or back, he embraced me.

“Good job, Dena.” He whispered.

“Thanks,” I replied, but then I pointed over his shoulder. “But, I think we probably should catch him before he escapes again.”

“So,” I absconded from the embrace, walking towards the Bug-eyed Freak. “You meant lights on, right?” My hands held high, glowing like fireworks. The Bug Master’s eyes shut tight, and he stopped crawling away. “Lights” I paused, arching my fist, which was now no longer glowing, back. “Out, Freak”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was the finale of this short series. However, Dena Cray (And maybe the Atom) will be back with another. This was a fun short story to write, and I wanted to practice writing one again. For this finale, I had so many ideas: one including a flashback. But I decided to use a short, sweet ending. Anyways, I may have another series coming up.