Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxYoungFatexx

Atomic Structure #2

Rated: T

Being in the air, felt like home. The wind caressed my face as I flew over the city. High above the clouds, I saw the airship connected to a tower, and of course, bad people love black things. I should not be talking, I guess. I keep a skull on my zipper, but then again, I am hot… literally. Below the aircraft, I flew low, but had to endure the heat of the ship’s huge exhaust. A colorful aura surrounded my body, switching colors every now and then. My powers kept the fumes from damaging my lungs. However, just like every power, I had to hurry up or I would run out of energy.

With a swift motion, I flew to side of the ship. My hands ignited into a fury of colors, and they let out a sharp bang, providing a new entrance. Leaping inside, I heard the swift sounds of footsteps coming down a hallway. I waited, and I waited. Sometimes grunts can take a long time.

“Hurry up, Boys!” I said, moving towards the grunts holding guns.

Their weapons were trained on me, and one of them shouted, “Stop right there, we got you outgunned!”

“Oh, you’re right,” I said continuing to walk. “But you’re guns aren’t brighter than mine.” I raised my hands and shouted, “Bang” and then, gunshots exploded through the hallway. None of them could see a thing. Nor could they see I had floated in the air and landed behind them. Nevertheless, it was amusing to say the least. “This would be a good television show.”

Instead of bothering to finish these crooks off, I exited to another hallway. “That should keep them blinded for an hour or two.” I stretched my arms upward, my wrists crossing over each other. I loved my job but sometimes it could get boring. Moving further, and then down another hallway, I found the control room. Unlike Batman, I prefer a more suitable entrance: banging the door open.

I watched as the door sailed into the room. “Whoops,” I thought as I saw it hit something large and antique; probably cost a lot of money. “Oh well.” I maneuvered to the captain’s seat, which, was facing away from me, a classic villain move. Brushing past the chair, I saw… nothing. “Great…” I said, sitting down in the chair. Then, a hideous face appeared onto the screen. I quickly backed away in disgust. “Wait, I thought you were dead.”

“No, my dear, the Bug-Eyed Bandit never dies!” He said.

I rolled my eyes; “here it comes”.

“You thought you could thwart me, sidekick of the Atom. “

Please, continue your monologue.Wait… sidekick, sidekick… I am not the sidekick of the Atom!”

“Don’t try to fool the Insect Master. That is why you will never catch me! Try to get pass my swarm, if you dare.”

I gripped the armrests; my hands burning it like lava. My teeth grinded together as the video went dead. “That does it, I will step on that insect bas-“

“Relax, kid.” Someone said behind me. I tilted my head sideways, and I saw the Atom smiling. The older hero moved closer, grabbing a phone near the control systems. “Hold this,” he said. I was confused; “what the heck is he doing?”

“Getting passed things is what I do best.” He said as if he read my mind. Then, he leaped inside the phone. I was little shocked, even though it was my second time seeing him do it. Over the phone, I felt like I was eavesdropping onto a married couple’s argument until into it turned abusive. I sighed; if I was lucky, I got that other job.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I do not own Ray Palmer (the Atom), SHADE, or the Bug-Eyed Bandit. I also do not own the design of Dark Fly's costume. Only the characters: Winston, Star Gate, Dena Cray (Dark Fly) are all owned by me (including this story). I love using characters made by Gardener Fox as he is my favorite comic book writer of all time.

No Caption Provided

- Dena Cray, Dark Fly

This picture was drawn by http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=superhero&offset=168#/d4380z1

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#2  Edited By GR2Blackout

Like last time, its awesome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@xxYoungFatexx said:

Wait… sidekick, sidekick… I am not the sidekick of the Atom!”
No Caption Provided

Nice! Now is that Christina Applegate as the model or a Ms Marvel re-colour? Either way it's a great pic and a good story. Good work