#1 Posted by Project_Worm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo! I've been excited about this one for a while. There will be some pretty deep revelations about Jesse so read on and find out! If you are new or simply want to check out a part that you missed, go ahead and head over to my E.I.C. - Discussion & Collection thread for links to all of the previously released parts. As always hope you enjoy! :D and of course This Fan-Fic is rated T.

"It's cool and all, but how do you plan to get us to Themyscira?" Ricochet mused.

"My dad left me this." Flo held out her hands toward another pool of water toward the end of the cave, this one deeper. She concentrated for a moment, and then a large submarine floated up to the surface!

"Whoa!" Allie ran over to the sub. It was big enough to contain all of them, and maybe some extra supplies. It was a golden-brown color, with Atlantean hieroglyphs along the sides.

"How'd you call it to the surface like that?" Quinton inquired.

"It responds to Aquatic Telepathy, just like a fish. Except the sub has no conscious of its own, so it takes almost no effort for me to control it."

"So you can just, tell it what to do with your thoughts?" Ricochet raised an eyebrow behind his mask.

"As long as it's within my telepathic range.

"That's pretty cool."

Soon everyone was onboard the submarine. The inside was more spacious than it appeared, providing a lounge area along with the cockpit.

"Nice." Jesse plopped down on a recliner. "Your dad had good taste in furniture."

"How fast can this thing get us to Themyscira?" Tommy leaned against the wall.

"I know a lot of shortcuts through deep-sea caverns and stuff. So if I manipulate the currents… about three hours." Flo guessed.

"That should give us time to come up with a battle plan. We can't just storm the beach like a bunch of savages and expect to get the job done. We need strategy." Ricochet pointed out.

"Well, since I'm not really much of a strategy guy, I'll leave you all to it." Jesse stood awkwardly and looked to Flo. "Hey, hot-fish-girl, you got anything to eat on this submarine?"

"Check in the back. And my name's Flo."

"Whatever." Jesse zoomed out the small door and to the back of the sub.

"Don't let him near anything other than food. He'll probably steal it." Tommy warned.

"I'll watch him. I'm not too into this strategy-thing either." Allie stood up and walked after Jesse.

Allie walked in to find Jesse shoveling a box of chocos into his mouth. "These… are the stalest cookies I have ever eaten." Jesse said through a full mouth.

"Well yeah, they've probably been on this thing for over a decade, genius." She laughed.

"Yup." Jesse looked at the expiration date. "These things were bought before the invasion even happened." He tossed the box over his shoulder. "A fitting last meal, isn't it?"

"Hey, don't talk like that. We're all going to come out of this alive."

"I wish I could be that optimistic, Allie. But it's a miracle we've survived this long." Jesse pushed back his spiky red hair. For the first time, his energetic blue eyes looked calm.

"Jesse…?"

"Yeah?" He turned to face Allie.

"What happened to your sister?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"It must have been something really bad if you're so sensitive about it."

"I said I don't want to talk, ok Allie?" Jesse snapped, anger lining his voice. Then he looked into her startled emerald eyes, and sighed. "Look, I did something that I'm not proud of, ok? And she died because of it. Ever since then, my life has been like a bottomless pit. And more shit keeps getting shoveled into it."

Jesse reached into his pocket and pulled out a locket. He handed the locket to Allie. When she opened it, she saw a picture of a family. There was a man, who she recognized as Wally West, with his arm around a woman who must have been Linda Park. In front of them were two kids, probably four or five years old. One was clearly Jesse, he was scrawny, had messy red hair, and a hyperactive flare to his eyes. He was holding his fingers up behind his sister's head, making bunny ears. She looked a lot like him, the same eyes, the same fiery red hair, though hers was much longer and a bit wavier.

"This was taken during the invasion." Allie realized.

"Yeah. On the morning that my dad…"

"That he died?"

"Yeah." Jesse took the locket back. "I didn't really understand what was going on back then. It was just me, my sister Jessica, and mom and dad." A tear streamed onto the locket, and Jesse quickly blinked away any more that might fall from his eyes. "I remember when they took this picture. I remember exactly what my dad said to me."

"Jesse…" Allie tried to sound sympathetic.

"Things will get better son.'" Jesse's voice cracked as he recited his father's words. "I promise things will get better. I promise…'" Jesse paused for a moment. "I promise that I'll always be there for you.'"

"Oh God… Jesse." Allie realized that unlike the rest of them, Jesse had known his parents. He remembered them. And he missed them.

"That was the last thing he said to me. He promised that he'd always be there. Always." Jesse clenched his fist over the locket. "But he never came home."

"Jesse, I'm so sorry." She placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Forget it." He pulled away from her. "It was a life lesson. Never trust anybody. They'll always let you down." He jammed the locket into his pocket and started walking toward the final door in the submarine.

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

#2 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Great i love how it showed insight into Jesse

#3 Posted by Project_Worm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kavahaden: Thanks man! Yeah I definitely focused on creating some depth with this one.

#4 Posted by batkevin74 (10361 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

"What happened to your sister?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"It must have been something really bad if you're so sensitive about it."

"I said I don't want to talk, ok Allie?" Jesse snapped, anger lining his voice. Then he looked into her startled emerald eyes, and sighed. "Look, I did something that I'm not proud of, ok? And she died because of it. Ever since then, my life has been like a bottomless pit. And more shit keeps getting shoveled into it."

Awww poor Jesse

Tommy's parents: Tim Drake & Stephanie Brown?