#1 Edited by Project_Worm (3431 posts) - - Show Bio

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Young Justice: Earth In Chains... Now before you start freaking out I am not starting over, I simply chose a more fitting name for Volume #2. Anyways if you are new or simply want to check out a part that you missed, go ahead and head over to my E.I.C. - Discussion & Collection thread for links to all of the previously released parts. As always hope you enjoy! :D and of course This Fan-Fic is rated T.

"You want me to do WHAT?" Flo exclaimed. Finding her hadn't been easy. The group had taken a rout through a secret wing of the Batcave, which Jesse had showed them, as a shortcut to Gotham Harbor. And while there, Tommy had re-stocked his supply, and picked up a black and gray utility belt that he felt was more "his style." Once they reached the harbor, they had spent several hours trying to locate Flo. She had greeted them happily enough, but when they told her their plan, she didn't seem too enthusiastic.

"We aren't asking you to actually enter Themyscira with us. We just need you to transport us there." Tommy explained calmly.

"Not – a – chance." Flo crossed her arms. She was dressed in a blue tank top and a pair of shorts. With her long, silvery hair and her tanned skin, she looked like the perfect surfer. Except that at the moment, she looked really, really serious.

"Just take us close enough to the island that we can get on. We'll do the rest from there." Ricochet pleaded.

"No! I don't think you guys understand how dangerous this is! Themyscira is one of the most heavily guarded places you'll find. You can't go within a hundred miles of the Bermuda Triangle without being shot!" Flo persisted.

"Even if you were traveling under water? How tight can the security really be down there?" Tommy reasoned.

"You don't even know what kind of creatures are around there. They've populated the waters with Apokoliptian sea creatures. Most of those things make sharks look like minnows!"

"Come on, you're Aquaman's daughter right?" Jesse stepped forward. "Can't you just do that telepathic talk-to-fish thing and make them not kill us?"

"Huh… Aquatic Telepathy is hard, ok? Usually I can only make it work with smaller types of sea life."

"Please, Flo. If we know what it is about Tommy that Darkseid thinks is dangerous… it could give us an edge." Ricochet insisted.

"An edge? For what, exactly? Wait, you aren't really planning on…"

"Fighting Apokolips? That was my plan." Ricochet nodded.

"It's crossed my mind once or twice." Tommy added.

"Whoa, what?" Jesse backed away from the group. "Nobody said anything about starting a full-blown war with Apokolips! That's insane!"

"I agree with the annoying kid." Flo nodded to Jesse. "What you're planning to do here is suicide."

"Well at least our deaths will be worth it." Tommy said coldly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Flo looked at him disdainfully.

"I've pretty much wasted sixteen years of my life. I'm not wasting another second. You think I don't know that I'll probably die? Of course I know that. But at least I'll die knowing I actually did something with my life. That's a privilege you won't have."

"Excuse me?" Flo jabbed her finger into his chest. "Are you telling me that my life is worthless?"

"Name one thing you've ever done, other than hide." Tommy glared at her. She was silent. "Exactly," He went on, "You're a coward."

"Well the fact of the matter is, heroes die. And cowards live."

"So you really want to live like this? Just hiding from the world?"

There was another long silence.

"Ah, even if I did want to take you guys to Themyscira, what makes you think I could get you all there?"

"When you saved my life two days ago, I was drowning near Mt. Justice. You brought me here, almost four hundred miles, in about an hour. You obviously have some method and transport, and considering you're still alive, I'm guessing it's through the water, where Apokolips won't find you so easily." Tommy explained.

"Alright, so maybe I do." Flo sighed in defeat. "I'll take you guys to the Bermuda Triangle. After that, you're on your own."

"Fair enough." Ricochet decided.

"So how exactly will we be getting there?" Quinton chimed in.

"I'll show you." A small smirk crossed Flo's lips. "But not here. Follow me."

Flo leapt into the water, barely even making a splash as she disappeared into beneath the surface.

The group exchanged awkward glances to each other. "Should we follow her?" Quinton sounded uncertain.

"We've come this far. We might as well." Tommy shrugged, walking toward the edge of the docks.

"No!" Jesse's voice broke in. "No, there is no way in hell I am following some freaky fish chick down to the bottom of freakin' ocean, even if she is hot!"

"Jesse, come on." Tommy sighed.

"Not a chance!" Jesse screamed loudly.

"Hey! Sonic-scream hangover here!" Allie chimed in weakly, holding her palm to the side of her head. She still had a terrible migraine after using such a powerful scream against the Hellhounds.

"Sorry. But I'm out. I prefer to not head underwater and fight sea monsters and crap like that." Jesse shook his head.

"Alright Jess, I'm sure you'll be much safer on your own, anyway. After all, how likely is it that those Hellhounds will find you again?" Tommy taunted.

"Tommy, I know what you're trying to do." Jesse stood his ground, but then sighed. "And it completely worked." He walked over to the dock, and he and Tommy both dove into the waters.

Ricochet followed them. Quinton looked over to Allie. "You think you're strong enough to swim?"

"I guess." Allie and Quinton reluctantly jumped in after their teammates.

To everyone's surprise, they were able to breath! "Took you guys long enough." Flo spoke clearly in the water.

"How- how are we breathing?" Tommy asked, amazed that he wasn't even getting wet. He was also a little disturbed that Flo had suddenly developed gills on her neck.

"I put up an air bubble for you more land-oriented people." Flo smiled. "Just hope that nothing breaks my concentration, or you'll all sink like rocks."

"Good to know." Jesse's voice cracked.

"Jesse, you can't swim, can you?" Allie glanced over to him.

"What are you talking about? Why would you think that?" Jesse was suddenly very defensive.

"Because you turned into a spaz the moment Flo jumped into the water."

"I've never had to swim, ok? I can run across water! So swimming isn't really that important of a skill for me." Jesse folded his arms.

Flo shot Jesse a glance. "Is he always so…"

"Irritating? Yeah, pretty much." Tommy responded.

"You said you were going to show us something?" Quinton reminded her.

"Right. Follow me." Flo took off like a torpedo through the water, while the group struggled to keep up behind her. Jesse was in the very back, flopping around like a fish out of water.

Luckily, a powerful current picked up behind them and began carrying them closer to Flo's speed. She had likely created the current herself.

After a few minutes, they came to some kind of underwater cave. They swam a bit further before climbing out of a shallow pool, and stepping out into the cave.

"This is where I was born." Flo smiled.

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

#2 Posted by ekrolo (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Really great series man :) and thank you for helping me improve my own writting by read your own, keep up the great work.

#3 Posted by Project_Worm (3431 posts) - - Show Bio

@ekrolo: Thanks man! That's a HUGE compliment! Glad you liked it.

#4 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

its back!!!!!

#5 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

is there anyway you can work lobo/slobo into this series?!? if you can i will worship the ground you walk on

#6 Edited by The Impersonator (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice chapter!

#7 Posted by Project_Worm (3431 posts) - - Show Bio

@turok_son_of_stone: Hmm? Yeah... both Lobo and Slobo are definite contenders, my only reserves would come from whether or not I feel like I can write them (more than likely one of them) in a way that does them justice. I'll definitely give it a thought, glad to here you liked it!

@The Impersonator: Thank you!

#8 Posted by The Impersonator (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: You're welcome. :)

#9 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

great great great great great great great great job i love this series

#10 Posted by Project_Worm (3431 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kavahaden: Great to hear it! Thanks for the kind words.

#11 Posted by batkevin74 (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

"I agree with the annoying kid." Flo nodded to Jesse. "What you're planning to do here is suicide."

Bwhahahahaha but wait, there's more

@Project_Worm said:

"Because you turned into a spaz the moment Flo jumped into the water."

Spaz! ha ha ha, sorry I've been away from this, it's very entertaining. Now back to Tommy's parentals: Nightwing & Oracle. Maybe he's bat related but not a Wayne...either way

TELL ME!!!

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMPED!