Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

(PART 1)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/x-men-phoenix-endgame-part-1/649627/

X-MEN: PHOENIX - ENDGAME (PART 2)

Rating: T+ (Suggestive Themes, Mild Violence)

THE X-MEN AND ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

(If you haven't figured out already from my first entry, this is my portrayal of the X-Men as well as the Marvel Universe in general. Some things have been kept from the current ongoing series such as people, places, deaths and events, but at the same time many things have been heavily warped and/or changed. So if you read something that isn't exactly congruent or parallel in the current X-Men or Marvel universe than it's probably because it's not suppose to be. Thanks for reading and enjoy!)

Writing by

The atmosphere is thick with ash and death. The X-Men have recently found out that the Phoenix Force had resurfaced in New York taking over the body of Susan Richards also known as Invisible Woman as a vessel, killing hundreds in the process as well as the rest of The Fantastic Four. With the world in a panic, the remainder of the X-Men travel to Malibu, California in hopes of intercepting The Phoenix before reaching the ashes of Jean Grey in an effort to stop the inevitable end of the world should it achieve it's goal in resurrecting her. After years of indifferent feelings towards one another, Wolverine has made it clear to Cyclops that this is his final mission as an X-Man due to Cyclops's decisions in the past regarding Jean and himself. With the team already shattered, how will they react to the straining battle that lays in wait ahead of them? As of now, one thing is for certain. There is no escape...

CAPTION: MALIBU BEACH, CALIFORNIA

The beach is eerily quiet. The only noise that can be heard is the soft sound of water crashing against the soft sand and the sound of Gambit shuffling a deck of cards.

The X-Men are here. Watching. Waiting.

Rogue and Gambit are sitting close to each other on the sand watching the ocean, distanced from the rest of the team.

Rogue: Do ya feel that?

Gambit: Feel what darlin?

Rogue: I can't explain it. I feel it every time.... every time...

Gambit: Go ahead. Spit it out.

Rogue: Every time aye lose you.... or someone aye care about. This isn't going to end well.... I just know it.

Gambit: Dat ain't ever gunna happen again darlin'. You're gunna need a lot more than a God like cosmic force to keep me away from you, and that's a promise chere.

Rogue: You're dangerous for me, ya know that right?

Gambit: Of course, I do.

Cyclops is shown walking towards the team from the Blackbird. Rogue and Gambit also return to the group after seeing Cyclops returning.

Shadowcat: So? Whats the news?

Cyclops: The Avengers are dealing with mass anti-superhuman riots in the city. They can't help us.

Iceman: Do they not know what we're dealing with here? It kind of doesn't make sense to protect a city that might not be standing there in the morning. They should be here.. with us. This isn't just our fight. If this should head South, if The Phoenix really is headed here... then we are ALL screwed.

Cyclops: The Avengers as well as all the other super-humans under Fury's payroll aren't going to abandon New York and come assist us based on a whim. The only proof we have of the Phoenix Force's return is the markings on my wrists... and apparently that's not enough to assemble the troops.

Shadowcat: What?! What about Sue? How do they explain that?!

Cyclops: The Fantastic Four had just returned from visiting The Van Allen Belts. They think the same radiation that gave her her powers must have overloaded or something. We're alone this time.

Wolverine: What about Alpha team? Colossus can have the rest of the team over here as soon as you give the word.

Cyclops: That's not going to happen.

Wolverine: Why the hell not?

Cyclops: Because like it or not, this might be the end. If we can't stop this from happening right here, right now, then we're going to need a backup plan.

Wolverine: Summers... what the hell did you do?

CAPTION: UTOPIA

Beast is standing in front of a large group of mutants. Many recognizable, many are not.

Beast: We have to make a decision. Here and now.

Namor: What decision could there possibly be? We go now. Before it's too late.

Magneto: Letting your emotions get the better of you will only get you and your friends killed, Namor. For all we know Mrs. Richards is already dead.

Namor: YOU PUTRID SWINE! You would allow the very people you swore to protect, die in battle while you cower away in some hole? You always have disgusted me Magneto, but never surprised me. You all can stand here wasting precious time waiting for someone to give you orders, or you can come with me and fight with your fellow X-Men. The choice is yours.

Namor boards a large jet with many of the mutants. Most stay behind. Beast is one of them. Him and Magneto are watching the group board the jet from a window in a higher building.

Magneto: I don't understand Henry. I thought you would have been the first one on that jet.

Beast: I made a promise, Eric. A promise, I should have never made.

Magneto: ....But you let them go?

Beast: I wasn't talking about them. I was talking about her.

Hope is in a large bed fitted with machines helping her breath behind them. She is unconscious and has been presumed to have been for a very long time.

CAPTION: MALIBU, CALIFORNIA

Emma Frost: Scott... we have a problem. Make that two.

Cyclops: Shes almost here...

Emma Frost: Thats the first, yes. The second is we're not going to go at this solo as originally planned. Namor and a team will be here shortly. A large team.

Cyclops: This isn't good.... This isn't good at all.

Rachael Summers: I.. I'm not sure I can do this.

Shadowcat: ....If we stick together we'll be fine--

Rachael Summers: No Kitty, you don't understand. You don't understand the power... the rage.... if it consumes me again... i'll kill all of you without a second thought. I'm not ready for this!

Cyclops: Of course you are, this is what you have been trained for. All of you. You're scared? I am too. Your angry? So am I. You want to run? Go ahead, none of us will blame you. What's coming is far more greater than anything most of you have ever experienced. But don't think for one second that you can't do this. We are the X-Men. We have saved the world more times than any of us would like to admit. From the depths of Hell to the voids of space our influence has been beseeched. We are the X-Men and we all made a promise to protect humanity and mutant kind alike at all costs. Any costs. This is it... We're all in. It's all or nothing... it's either all of us... or none of us. I can't promise any of you a tomorrow... You have all done more than your fair share in this lifetime to protect this world and it wouldn't be right for me to just deceive you like that. But what I can promise you all is a chance. A chance to finally redeem ourselves from the mistakes that we have made or to die along side one another trying. We are the X-Men and we will not....

Cyclops along with the rest of the X-Men stare fixed upon something in the sky above them. Their faces glow red from a bright hot light.

Cyclops: ....surrender.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

That's quite awesome! All the characters sound great, good work

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@TheWholeDamnShow: this is quite literally amazing

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@primepower53 said:

@TheWholeDamnShow: this is quite literally amazing

Thanks man! I'm glad you like it! Thanks again for the awesome comment :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

Great chapter!

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@The Impersonator said:

Great chapter!

Thanks for reading! Nice Avatars btw, I think they're all awesome. Especially that Cable one.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By The Impersonator

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

@The Impersonator said:

Great chapter!

Thanks for reading! Nice Avatars btw, I think they're all awesome. Especially that Cable one.

You're welcome! and Thanks! :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@TheWholeDamnShow: Is there a Part 3 yet or have I missed it?