X-Men: 10,000 BC

frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By frochez

Ok, so while reading X-Men: Regenesis, I was inspired by the images of Scott and Wolverine fighting each other while dressed as cavemen, with the other x-men standing on either side as they chose who to follow. I thought the style was cool, and the idea has sat in my mind ever since. Over the last couple of weeks, I've begun toying with the idea of a spin-off/ fan-fic concerning the x-men, but set several thousand years in the past. Here's a vague idea of how I think it could work. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We already know that the x gene exists as a result of the Celestials visiting Earth thousands of years ago and experimenting on early humans. So, the potential for prehistoric mutants has already been there, and there's n reason why they shouldn't ahve been. Of course, there is sometimes the argument that the high number of mutants over the last few decades is a result of the x gene being triggered by radiation, but what about solar flares? Or meteorites? Or naturally-occuring radioactive substances in the Earth's crust? All of these things could help trigger mutations. Adn besides, there doesn't ahve to be a lot of mutants in this story- in fact, it works better if there's only a very small handful. Apocalypse and Namor are generally accepted as being the first mutants. However, just because they are the first recorded, powerful mutants, doesn't mean that there weren't any before. In fact, I seem to remember Dr. Nemisis saying that Namor wasn't the first mutant, but merely represented the beginning of the first Mutant Baby Boom. Thus, we could have mutants present in small numbers centuries before En Saba Nur was born. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Characters Scott Summers Acestor- let's face it, in almost any X book you care to mention, there's at least one character that's related to the Summers family. Havok, Vulcan, X-Man, Cable, Hope, Ruby...Even Apocalypse, in some versions, is meant to be related to Cyclops. How about a character who ahs Cyclops's power, but on a much smaller/weaker scale? Or maybe something more like Bassilisk in New Mutants, capable of creating blasts of light, rather than concussive force, from his eye? The Phoenix- Now, we know that Jean Grey isn't the first character to posses the Phoenix Force. In fact, she's not even the first human. This could be a good opportunity to show the Phoenix arriving on Earth for the first time, and maybe explain the entity's fascination with humanity. Nightcrawler and Angel- Both characters have been described as coming from races of mutants- the first demonic, the latter angelic- that have existed since Biblical times. So we could have an interesting interaction between two (or more) characters from these tribes. Romeo and Juliet, anyone? Wolverine and Sabertooth- Now, I'm not a massive fan of Wolverine (ok, ok, put away the torches and pitchforks!). I just feel that he's a little overused. However, in Wolverine's solo comic, the character of Romulus is stated as being a member of 'Lupus Sapiens'- a race which evolved from wolves instead of apes. The story introduces the idea of a war between blond- and dark-haired lupine warriors which have fought each other for thousands of years, thus explaining the emnity between Wolverine and Sabertooth. We could see the beginning of this war in X-Men: 10,000, or maybe a continuation of it. So, what do you think? Obviously it's going to take a bit of work to flesh it out, but how do you like the basic premise?

White Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By White Assassin

Awesome idea. please write this so i can enjoy every minute ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

Do it. It's a great idea.

I think Charles would be kinda left to die coz of his lack of mobility but is kept around coz he influences their minds. And mainly they'd fight over food & women

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

I'm looking forward to this story. :D

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KisserNe

OH MY GOSH! Do it, please!?

This sounds so exciting! I hope you write it because I am greatly looking forward to this plot! ^___^

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Interesting...But wasn't Magneto the first mutant?

White Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By White Assassin

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: nope namor appeared before him and before namor, apocalypse was around

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Cavemen X-Men Vs Apocalypse, Gideon, Selene etc whilst the Eternals watch on.

Also Magneto would me next to useless since there's no metal...or the tribe leader when he "finds" lodestones...I think I'll shut up and let frochez write their story

But yeah this is a great idea. Beast & Wolverine are perfect for this environment as is the idea of the X-Girls in skimpy animal loin cloths

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KisserNe

@batkevin74 said:

Cavemen X-Men Vs Apocalypse, Gideon, Selene etc whilst the Eternals watch on.

Also Magneto would me next to useless since there's no metal...or the tribe leader when he "finds" lodestones...I think I'll shut up and let frochez write their story

But yeah this is a great idea. Beast & Wolverine are perfect for this environment as is the idea of the X-Girls in skimpy animal loin cloths

Hahahahahahaha, indeed. Skimpy animal loin clothes... :))

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@frochez:Is this idea dead and buried? Coz it was pretty good