Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence.

No Caption Provided

X-23: Blood Rage, Part 2- Assassin

The hard rain hit the streets. Detective Sarah Kinney never realized how much work, she had to put through. She walked towards the bar, and saw a group of dead people, who had been killed a few hours ago. The bartender called in the police, trying to tell his story of what happened. Sarah heard the same story before. She knew these killings were similar to the ones that happened back at some high school. That school is where her daughter used to study, until one day; she also got killed in a similar fashion as this.

It’s no wonder that the police department has to deal with these unnatural assassinations. Certain reports have indicated that the claw marks were the result of a feral animal, which might have been escaped from a local zoo, or faraway, which was quite impossible because there weren’t any wild animals running around the big city. Surely, people would have seen them coming.

The hours were getting late, and Sarah wanted to ditch back home. She worked all day, even nights that she couldn’t forget. She really wanted to quit the detective business, and start off her new career. But she was only good at the detective work. She was meant to solve crimes, thus saving people’s lives. She had solved countless cases back in her day. But now...these days were becoming complicated.

Sarah examined the bodies for a while. She wanted to know what’s up with the bodies, and see if there was any difference. She had a hunch that a serial killer would leave some tracks in the crime scene. The forensics couldn’t take the account of who the killer was, let alone some depraved psycho wanted to kill people for his or her pleasure.

Mostly, the killers were the guys and Sarah had a rough past with them. She also dealt with some mutant maniacs trying to terrorize a normal city, a city like this. It never occurred to her that she would deal with such people, who were out of the ordinary.

After taking a careful examination of the bodies, she walked out of the bar. She lit a cigarette, smoking through the cold air. It was so cold that she wanted to get back home, take a shower, and give this hard case a rest.

A reporter named Ben Urich came to the bar, snapping the photos of the corpses. Sarah recognized him as the top photographer, who took pictures of Spider-Man in the past. She didn’t mind him, as she walked away. Ben noticed her walking away until he stopped her.

“Hey Sarah,” Ben said. “Found anything?”

“No,” Sarah said. “Nothing much. It’s the same.”

“I see,” Ben said. “Well, I have to take these pics and send them off to Jonah J. Jameson. He was curious to see who killed these people.”

“Don’t we all?” Sarah said. “Look Ben, if you wanted to know more information, you might as well have to ask someone else. I’ll be off.”

‘Oh...okay,” Ben said, scratching his head off a little. “Look Sarah...I...I’m sorry of what happened to your daughter. I had no idea...”

Sarah didn’t say anything. She just walked off into the big crowd as the hard rain dropped on their heads. Ben stood there for a while, watching her go away from him. He then walked back to the crime scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was midnight. She came back to an abandoned warehouse. Sweat came on her face, and she wanted to stop whatever she was doing. It was wrong of her. Yet, she had to kill them. Sinister has reprogrammed her to do his bidding. He told her to kill everyone on sight, and steal some samples, so he could continue his dangerous experiments.

Sinister wasn’t the kind of person that anyone could deal with. Not even the members of Project X. He had joined the program, ever since Wolverine was around and that time, William Stryker called the shots. He wanted to see if his experiments were successful. One of the experiments was her, the X-23. She was a copy, a clone of Wolverine being made inside the incubation tank. Sinister had watched her grow; hoping this time, the girl would be complete.

Now here she was, complete and successful and to the point that Sinister hasn’t stopped her from doing anything. He thought that X-23 could survive on her own way. She had the animal instincts to do so.

She walked upstairs, and reached the rooftop, staring at the full moon. Most people were sleeping now. She knows this, because of their snoring sounds ringing to her ears. She can also smell the blood of someone, who died two years ago. Yes, two years was quite a long time. She had killed a girl. She tried to remember her name. Who was she?

After killing that girl, she felt the bloodlust coming through her lips. It’s like some wild animal that controlled her entire body. She knew that Sinister was responsible for it. He had to pay the crimes of what he did. Somewhere in her mind is trying to tell her to stop. Where is this voice coming from? Who is this voice?

“Hey kid,” a familiar voice said. “It’s alright. “Everything will be fine.”

She couldn’t recognize this voice. Every time, some wild dream came to her, and there she saw the dark figure walking among a pile of corpses. He stood there, and told her that killing was a game; even his worst enemy had said that. They were born this way.

No, she thought. She couldn’t possibly believe that. She told him countless times. Still, the dark figure disagreed, somewhat.

“Listen to yourself, kid,” the dark figure had said. “You ain’t gonna survive like this, if you keep this up. What you do, it’s all part of a stupid game. We are born this way. But something tells me, you wanna give up. Whateva you do, do it carefully. I was just like you. I was being used. What you see here, is what I did in the past. I’m only telling you this, because you...”

The dream had faded out of her mind. She wanted to know more from him. She tried to sleep, hoping to have the same dream. But none had come to her.

She smelled a rat close by, a dead rat. She flew down, landing on the ground like a secret ninja, without making any sound. She still smells the blood from the dead rat.

She came closer to the rat, thinking that she wants to eat it. But she wasn’t hungry at the moment. There wasn’t any rage on her to take the action because the rat was already dead.

Then, a homeless man walked into the corners of the abandoned warehouse. X-23 noticed him. She unleashed the adamanium claws from her knuckles, walking slowly towards him. He didn’t notice her, since he was drunk. A few minutes later, the homeless man stopped and saw the girl. He smiled.

“Hey there, girl,” the man said. “You look lonely. Do you want some company? I sure liked to have one, if you don’t mind.”

At first, X-23 had no idea of what he was talking about. She only thought that this homeless man wanted to kill her. Yes, that was the only thing in her mind. Sinister had said this to her, time and again that every lifeform is dangerous to her, because they think that X-23 is too dangerous to live.

The girl wanted to stop this wild programming. But she couldn’t help it. There were thoughts coming to her, speaking to her like some mad telepath, who is trying to reach her.

“You can do it, kid,” the familiar voice said. “I know you can. You’re the best.”

He was right. She was the best of all killers out there in the world. She came closer to the homeless man. The man smiled more, thinking he can have something with her. Then he stopped. He screamed, when X-23 jumped on him. The girl tore him apart like a wild animal. She felt the blood rage coming towards her. She smiled.

To be continued in X-23: Blood Rage, Part 3- Violent Tendencies.

Whoa there. X-23 has gone berserk. But will she retain her freedom while she’s being controlled by the mad Sinister? You better find out in the next chapter of X-23. I want to know who this voice is. Please help me...whoever you are. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.