Writing Fan-Fic.

WASmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WASmiley

Has anyone Written a story (Or fully done a comic book) for fun about them gaining superpowers, like
Superman's
Flash's
Thor's
Hulk's
etc.
Or does that strike people as being selfish and all about yourself?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@wasmiley: No a bad idea, the only problem is personal bias. There's a good chance that if you portrayed yourself as a superhero you would ultimately try to be better than the hero you were copying, which in a way is like saying to their fanbase "I'm better than your hero!".

The trick would be staying in the moment, for example say you're interpreting Spiderman and you reach the death of Gwen Stacy scene, don't pretend that you already knew that your webbing would break her neck and write in an entirely sucessful approach that saves her and stops Norman Osborn. That would be insulting to the fanbase.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

@wasmiley: No a bad idea, the only problem is personal bias. There's a good chance that if you portrayed yourself as a superhero you would ultimately try to be better than the hero you were copying, which in a way is like saying to their fanbase "I'm better than your hero!".

The trick would be staying in the moment, for example say you're interpreting Spiderman and you reach the death of Gwen Stacy scene, don't pretend that you already knew that your webbing would break her neck and write in an entirely sucessful approach that saves her and stops Norman Osborn. That would be insulting to the fanbase.

now what does it say if you made a terrible comic using only Paint with origin stories similar to Captain Marvel, Dick Grayson, Superman, Batman...etc. Does that make me better those guys? :P

1001 Poet Tales (or The Secret Origins of the Poet!)

edit: you know...looking at that now I am think I might redo that. I could make some cool looking stuff using illustrator (stuff that actually looks like real people...). But that is a whimsy for another day...

ernesth100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've wrote atleast 3 or 4 comics and I am working on a novel in which me and my 2 cousins(referred to as my brothers in the story) gain powers and become a trio of shape-shifting heroes. I like writing and drawing!

WASmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WASmiley

@dngn4774: Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

@ernesth100 That sounds like a cool idea, good luck on it.