#1 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

A week ago I wrote a short story called Exiles Mimic's Resurrection. Eneyway I finished parts 1 and 2 but right now I have a case of writers block and I have no ideas for part 3. So I was wondering if some body could help me out?

#2 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

No takers.... eneybody.... Oh well cant say I didint try.

#3 Posted by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

mimic meets his former self?

i dunno

#4 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"A week ago I wrote a short story called Exiles Mimic's Resurrection. Eneyway I finished parts 1 and 2 but right now I have a case of writers block and I have no ideas for part 3. So I was wondering if some body could help me out?"
Write down a few 'blue sky' ideas - just a couple of lines on each and then go and do something completely different that does not need your mind to be engaged i.e. Walking the dog. Take this break away for a few hours and then come back to your desk (work area) and let your mind go over the ideas again.
You may find that you suddenly have some inspiration as your subconcious has been working on the issues.
#5 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to share somthing its a sample of my story this is from part 1. orders the Sentinels to attack At that moment all of the Sentinels exploded dust and smoke everywere. Blink looks to the right were she can see a familiar figure in the distance his eyes growing red his hands glowing yellow his skin shining as he comes out of the dust tears come down her eyes then she says Cal is that you? He replys yes Clarice its me im back. Pretty cool.

#6 Posted by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i know it sounds weird, but the best way i've found of moving forward in fanfic is to go back a few scenes, then write those scenes out again from a different characters point of view...

these 'new view' scenes will then help you see the 'action' from a different point of view and help you figure out where your main character is without worrying about their thoughts / motivations. Once you've figured out what they want to do next, switch back to writing from their point of view and it flows out quite easily...

M

#8 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

I got given great advice last night, if you are stuck on a scene, but have a better idea of a later part of the story write that first, then you can cut and paste. You dont have to do the whole thing at once.. after all Jk Rowling wrote the last scene of the last Harry Potter first.

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Mistress Redhead said:
"I got given great advice last night, if you are stuck on a scene, but have a better idea of a later part of the story write that first, then you can cut and paste. You dont have to do the whole thing at once.. after all Jk Rowling wrote the last scene of the last Harry Potter first."

works for some writers, doesn't work for others...

failing all of these suggestions, write out a plot line first lol

I have a massive document with my 'outline' for my "The Power of Xion" fic... it's about 12,000 words just for the outline and has all the plot points of various chapters listed and where i want to take the fic for the final chapters of each story...

that way at every chapter you write you can go back to the outline and check where your characters are in their development, where you need to take them, what plot points you need to go through and what you need to happen in the fic...

once all that is plotted out then you just have to move the characters through the basic plot points and fill in the interaction, speech and thoughts...

M
#10 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Realy I did not know that.

#11 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Mistress Redhead said:
"I got given great advice last night, if you are stuck on a scene, but have a better idea of a later part of the story write that first, then you can cut and paste. You dont have to do the whole thing at once.. after all Jk Rowling wrote the last scene of the last Harry Potter first."

I have a massive document with my 'outline' for my "The Power of Xion" fic... it's about 12,000 words just for the outline and has all the plot points of various chapters listed and where i want to take the fic for the final chapters of each story...

that way at every chapter you write you can go back to the outline and check where your characters are in their development, where you need to take them, what plot points you need to go through and what you need to happen in the fic...

once all that is plotted out then you just have to move the characters through the basic plot points and fill in the interaction, speech and thoughts...

M"

that's what I do too :D
#12 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Mistress Redhead said:

M"
Hmm i should do that!

and i was offering help geez :-P
#13 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I think I have a good idea for my story. As you know my story is about bring back Mimic here a sample of what I have so far so tell me what you think. Months later Mimic woke up in a strange room were he met a alien being called Ord it was then he told mimic that he did not die but was in suspended animation because he copied both Wolverine's and Deadpools healing powers. Ord also told Mimic that his copying powers were made stronger by the mutant sage from Earth 48012 now Mimic can copie more powers but still at half.

#14 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a crazy one. In this draft I got lazzy so I said to my self why dont I just bring him back with the Dragon Balls LOL. That way I can bring back Mimic, Magik and all of the other Exile members who die. So what do think of this one?

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

When i get a writers block i do the above unless the block last a few days then i just set the story down for a good time. Taking time to write down ideas that comet o my head an what not, then when im back into the writing mood i slam it all i have thought up down. Works for me an has for both Sinner an Puzzle Box

#16 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I solved my writers block but what im asking right is what do you guys think of the samples I wrote? I have another topic titled My story drafts. I put 4 different samples there and I was wondering if somebody can tell me what they think about them. Because the best one will be my ending to my story.

#17 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Moved to fan-fic.

#18 Edited by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

write about the same thing everyone else does.

paris hilton and terrorism

#19 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont want to write about paris hilton and terrorism. we get enuff of that alresdy I would rather write about somthing im intrested in.