Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whoisme

Chapter 1

A little trip to Earth

I have seen things no other being will ever see. Worlds being born and dying and dead. Living planets, the ground throbbing underfoot, air trembling with a wistful hum of memory and passions long lived and forgotten.

Celestial drakes fighting in the void of night, every movement a blaze of whitish-blue light, their golden coils twisting, tighter and tighter, closer and closer as tooth and claw glance and scrape off of fiery hides.

Creatures like dancing lights, tittering and speaking careless riddles, flurrying behind me, in front, anywhere they could, cocky and unafraid. I am the pioneer, the explorer, the scout, the eyes and ears of the ones I serve.So why, just why, do I have to be the one to go steal from the goddamn humans!

I'm not a soldier, a warrior or spy. I go where they want me to go and I report back to them on what they want to know, but for the most part I do my own thing and only remember that I have a job when the boss starts barking in my ear. What would anyone want with a species that's only claim to fame is a couple of Green Lanterns and something called the Justice League? Y'know, it wouldn't be so bad if I could hang out for a while (humanity's a bore, but underwater life, like dolphins and jellyfish, seem kind of interesting), but the boss wants me to come back right away! What am I supposed to do with that?

Ok, so I'm here now. Dammit, I have to turn into a a stinking human. For those of you who don't know, humans are some of the most disgusting creatures the universe has seen fit to scrape up and set into motion. Think of them as shriveled, hairless apajands, except with the cute factor taken out. Without fur, you can see every bone and glob of fat bulging against their skin like it's about to bust out. That's right, skin. Humans are all big piles of soft organs with the skin holding it all together, kind of like a bag. It's all oily and greasy and it gets damp when they are in the heat. Humans have to put this stuff on it so their smell doesn't attack everyone around them. The worst part though, is the eyes. They're basically colored balls of sludge sticking out of openings in the skin. And they see out of those things. Yea, it's creepy.

I feel unspeakably dirty as my insides soften and split and shape themselves into entrails and my outsides soften and become skin. My heartbeat is annoying me already. Sunshine stings my eyes. I shudder as an icy breeze kisses my bare skin. How do they live like this? The boss better give me a vacation after this; and a good one too! I mold my flesh to be thinner for increased mobility and eventually decide to make myself female (it's part of this whole gender thing that humans have. Don't ask; you don't want to know).

My movements are jittery and awkward at first. Placing one foot ahead of the other is a struggle. It takes me a solid hour of trotting in circles before I can show myself to the natives.

The first thing that hits me is the stench. Do these guys collect waste? For a moment, all I can do is keep myself from gagging. Finally I manage to take one step, then another. I'm not winning any races, but this will do. I think back now, trying to recall my instructions through the haze of the shock from hearing that I would be going to Earth. I remember that I was in the form of some sort of gaseous organism. The boss had about the same amount of emotion as a rock, as always. He said . . . "The humans have erected a building with a symbol of a horizontal line with a linear line jutting from the bottom." The memory flashes suddenly, clear and complete. Boss carves the symbol into the wall. L. "This building is owned and maintained by a human called Lex Luthor. He has been playing with forces he can not comprehend, not realizing that they were playing with him. Normally I would not interfere, but his meddling could do damage to more than just one world. "

I manage to keep a straight face, even after the word "Earth" is brought up. I am a professional, after all. I said, "Boss, I need specifics. You know why I do this and it not the whole-"

His eyes were like a certain kind of metal called icestone, made by an extinct race. Cool and impenetrable. One look and I shut up. I've worked for the Boss for a long time, but I've never forgotten who he was. Who he is.

The Boss continued as if there had never been a break in the conversation. "You are to infiltrate the building. There will be guards, equipped with the most advanced weaponry the human mind has yet to conceive of. This will not be a problem for you. However, tread lightly. There are stronger beasts on the prowl and you do not want to attract their gaze. Your target is a metal capsule created by Lex Luthor. It leaks an energy residue, so I am having a device made that can track that energy. I shall send it to you shortly. After you acquire the capsule, leave the planet and give it to me."

"Boss", I said, "Is there anything else I should know?"

He paused for a moment. Then he averted his gaze, looking towards something far away that only he could see. "Under no circumstances break, crack or open the container."

"Why?" I didn't mean to ask. It's against my whole thing about knowing only what I need to know. But this was off. The Boss. These instructions. I had to know why.

Then he looked at me again, and there was something different about those cold eyes. Something I had never seen before. He said, "The thing inside that capsule. It's alive.."

I shiver and blink back into reality. Some humans, males I think, are chattering to each other and flushing furiously. They sneak glances at me when they think I'm not looking. I realize that they are all wearing what looks like removable fur, which I am not.Who knew that such trivial things can make you stand out.

I slip behind a tree and change my skin, letting an identical set of coverings grow out of me.

It takes me a while, but I find the building with the L. It's easy, really. It dwarfs its neighbors, the symbol flashing with yellow light. I allow myself to smile, thinking of the Intavian springs I will visit to wash this human stink off of me, when he get home. Shouldn't be too long now.

Fifty yards away, the guards see me. Two of them, in crisp blue uniforms. They are suspicious I may trying going into the building, but hope that I turn away before then. I do not. My human feet crunch the pine needles as I make my way. One of the guards yells something in the native language. I smile, now fifteen yards away. He yells again, louder now. I decide it's time to stretch my muscles.

My arms melt into the sides of my body. Legs fuse together. Skin shrivels, until it is a husk of purple wrinkles then bloats, exploding outwards. My body is swollen, thicker and longer and stronger. I'm a Intavian worm.

The guards don't know what's happening until the worm sprays acid and their flesh starts to steam. Then they don't care anymore.

Boss was right. Getting through the guards was easy. I only had to change my form to fight and once now to turn back into a human so I could carry the capsule. It's about the size of my torso, but surprisingly light.. The device he gave me to track energy is in my hand. I made this whole thing to be much worse than it actually is. I'll be home within a few hours of coming.

That's what I think before the red blur snatches the capsule from my hand.

All I can do is stare at the newcomer. He's tall for a human, with black hair, red and blue coverings and a S symbol on his chest. He examines the capsule and says something in the native language.

I roar and now I'm the Intavian worm. Acid erupts from my mouth, trailing steam through the air. Now he is somewhere else and the wall is melting behind him. He's saying something else. This guy isn't human. He's nothing like those guards I killed.

Fine. If he wants to run circles around me, fine. I look at him and then I am him. I grow, my hair turns black, my muscles harden. I smile. I attack.

He probably isn't used to fighting people as fast as him, because he barley could block the first punch. The second one caught his jaw. It finally occurred to him to drop the capsule.

We locked hands, fingers intertwined. Good news, I wasn't giving. Bad news, neither was he. It looked like we were equally as strong. So I made myself stronger. I pushed him down, down, and broke away. One last punch and he's flying through a shower of stone chunks.

I pick up the capsule and rise upward, smashing through the roof. I can hear people screaming underneath. This form is awesome, maybe this trip wasn't a waste.

I look down and see red covered wonder boy staring at me. I smile and salute him. Then I rise, making this body faster and faster. As I leave the atmosphere, I image i hear a voice from the capsule. It says, Good.

Rules for making new chapter

Do whatever you want as long as it goes off of previous chapter. You can follow any character you choose, not just who I wrote about.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I wouldn't mind people critiquing the chapter that I posted.

Does anyone want to write the next chapter?

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I'll write it...For a price.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By dngn4774
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Actually, was just going to ask him to do a story for Star Wars GOT, but that GIF makes it look more sinister so I have no problem.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme: Already told you the requirements...:)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whoisme
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme: Impressive for somebody with so few posts...You have massive potential. Of course, this is just an intro to a character I've never seen before, so can't give you a HUGE critique or anything, but from what you have, pretty good.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sean Luthor, otherwise known as The Doomhound, sat on a light construct chair on the planet Qward, trying to calm his mind. He was in his Doomhound form, his face a skull with horn like spikes around the top and enormous fly like, orange eyes. His massive body was covered in spiky armor, similar to Doomsday's, and the Sinestro Corps logo lay in the center of his chest, his fingers ending in long claws. As the new leader of the Yellow Lanterns, who he had been trying to reform into the protectors of the galaxy rather than a knife in it's back, he needed some time to just sit down and rest. He had created a kind of light construct projector, which he used to watch his old girlfriend Poison Ivy. Recent events caused her and Sean to separate, and she was living like a queen on a deserted island of the coast of Puerto Rico. Sean smiled, even if he wasn't with her, he was glad that she could finally find the secluded peace she'd longed for. Sean himself hoped for a time when he could simply retire to her island...But in his heart he knew that would never happen. Leaders like him couldn't just quit, especially when they had the responsibility of controlling the most feared warriors in the galaxy and keeping them from stepping out of line.

"Doomhound!" a voice yelled out. Doomhound turned to see Devildog, panting heavily after having returned from a scouting trip on Earth. "I...I have news you're not gonna like...Lex...He's alive. Some kind of shapeshifter stole something from his labs at LexCorp, and I caught him intimidating his troops into tracking the shapeshifter down." Doomhound growled, clenching his fists as he slowly walked down the stairs of his chamber. "My father," he half laughed. "Like a cockroach in a business suit. No matter how many times he's flushed down the toilet, he always comes back 10 times as bad. Do you have any idea what he's planning?

Devildog shrugged, "I wasn't aware he was planning anything." Doomhound nodded before walking to an outpost near his chamber, overlooking the galaxy. Earth appeared as nothing more than a speck from here. "If my father is alive, I can bet my life that he's planning something." he insisted. "I'd be worried enough if we'd found out about this 2 weeks after he disappeared...Within 6 months he could do some damage even I might not be able to fix. Call council, we need to discuss expanding our roster."

Doomhound's Yellow Lantern Council was made up of 5 members excluding himself. Sinestro, Swamp Thing, Etrigan the Demon, Tekik and Devildog. The Council was made of a combination of ruthless and noble, cold and compassionate. It provided a balance that would allow this new Yellow Lantern Corps to thrive. "I suppose we're gathered in this place, to be sent on a wild goose chase." Etrigan grumbled. Doomhound shook his head, slowly. "No...Devildog has alerted me of some...Disturbing news. 6 months ago, we faced the first battle of our new Corps history. We were tasked with taking down both Sharplactus and Lex Luthor. Partly in thanks to support from Kid Thunder, among other heroes, Sharplactus was defeated and an old...Acquaintance of mine sacrificed himself to put an end to Luthor."

"Ah yes, Bryant Wieters..." Sinestro remembered. "Shame he went out like that, would've made a fine Yellow Lantern." Doomhound nodded, uneasily. Psycho was violent, radical and slightly delusional. Granted, Doomhound was forced to recruit some members of questionable ethics. But Psycho had a personal grudge against him, he was after all a traitor to his eco-terrorist vigilante sqaud "The Judges". "The point I am making is that Psycho, or Bryant Wieters if you will, only delayed my father from his acts of evil. A vile, has been stolen from his labs. Apparently, that capsule was so important, it was the one thing that got Luthor to come out of hiding. And anyone who decides to steal something that valuable from Lex Luthor is either stupid, or very dangerous. Seeing as they were successful in retrieving the capsule, I say the first one."

Doomhound faced all of his council members, looking each of them in the eye. "I believe we're getting caught in the middle of a conflict that could reap terrible consequences for Earth, and possibly beyond." he said. "We'll need to recruit new members if we are to stop Luthor...Or the thieves responsible, if necessary." Swamp Thing was the first to stand up. "And who would those members be?" he asked, curiously.

Doomhound smiled slightly, "Our first recruit is former member. Has some...Psychological troubles, but ultimately I believe he wants to do the right thing. A boy by the name of Superman Prime."

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, the last Kryptonian, the champion of Earth, core member of the Justice League and Man of Steel, was completely, utterly, numbingly bored.

Sure, space is pretty. Stars sparkling in night's void, comets falling in the distance, planets dancing around suns and moons around planets. But for a guy who essentially has an office in a satellite, the scenery's appeal fades fast, especially when it is all you can see for six months.

Clark misses his TV. How is it possible for someone to miss a TV this much? He misses Lois, he misses his Mom, he misses his Mom's cooking. Hell, he's starting to miss his enemies (not the truly evil ones, but still. There's everyone else on the ship, Batman, Wonder Women, Martian Manhunter and John Stewart, but even they failed to entertain after the first few weeks. They've all used up their good stories on other trips and small talk has been utterly exhausted. Diana only comes out of the training room to eat and sleep. The Flash has been reduced to making some joke about any remotely different star formation they pass. And without any distractions, Clark can't help but think about-

"You look tense". Batman said.

Superman laughed. "When did you start calling me tense?"

"Ever since that alien beat you and took Luthor's capsule".

Kal-El looked at him. "Bruce, you didn't see it. It turned into me, then it had my powers, then it was stronger. I don't want something like that messing with anything Lex makes."

If he had an expression, it was hidden behind his mask. "It doesn't matter what the alien can do. It's not here. We are going to find the capsule and if anything, including a shape shifting alien, gets in our way, we will win."

Martian Manhunter groaned and clutched his head. He's sitting at the controls, so the ship slows as soon as he lets go.

"Are you all right?", Superman asked.

"I'm fine", he replies after a moment. "It's just that . . .whatever is inside the capsule, it's powerful. I knew that, it had to be or I wouldn't be able to sense it from Earth, but even I never expected . . . it's just giving me a headache, that's all."

"I would kill for a headache", John Stewart says as he forms constructs and lets them fade above him absent mindedly.

"Can you describe it to me?" The Flash groaned, "In detail?"

Suddenly, they all felt a jolt in the ship.

"Meteor shower", Martian Manhunter yells.

"How did we not see this coming?", Batman asks.

Superman took control. "It doesn't matter any more. Bruce, Flash, Diana, help Manhunter get out of this. Stewart, help me protect the ship.

Clark and Green Lantern left through the airlock. John makes a box around the ship out of his will, Superman punched the rocks or exploded them into dust with his heat vision. When the ship was out of danger, they went back inside.

"Thank goodness everyone is Ok", Superman said.

"We are completely out of our way", Batman pointed out. "We have to go back in the direction of the capsule".

"I can not allow that to happen, Bruce Wayne", something spoke through Martian Manhunter. The voice was vibrant with age and power. His eyes blazed violet and he floated as if he was suspended in water.

"J'onn?" Wonder Woman ventured.

"Since the beginning I have been, a force of nature fulfilling my purpose, numbly, thoughtlessly. But after I began to form a consciousness, I discovered that I was alone. Alone in the void, unable to feel or be felt, to breath, to see, to hear. You shall not take my prize from me." Martian Manhunter lifted his hand and fired a bolt of purple energy. Then everything went black.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are moments when I wish I could run among them. I wish that Kal-El would let me. I came from Krypton his protector his faithful protector and always I am just the shadow the faithful friend nobody does see.

Krypto the protector. I watch them run around and defend the ship , I watch them stop the meteors and I think I could do that. I even stopped a few myself.

Nobody knows about me but Clark and Super girl and she yelled at me last time I tried to do anything.

You could be hurt she screamed and she hugged me.

I am a shape shifter but only things 4 feet tall and my real form is small and furry but I still walk like any human and for the most part that is what form I take.

The form of a female girl. Only super fast super strong and super everything.

Yet they still worry your fast but not fast enough , your strong but not strong enough and your so cute that we would die if we lost you.

What would mom do if you died they say.

I just sit and watch as they fight and wage wars and protect the earth. I hope they let me play to.

This shape shifter is like me. We can become anything only I cannot become anything large.

I worry so much I have to drink Wonder Women's root beer. She catches me and I think I am in trouble.

Oh no she simply picks me up and she hugs me. What did I do to deserve such treatment?

Next time I will stay home with ma and pa. We will feed the cows and eat ice cream. Better then having a warrior amazon hug you and call you cute.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomhound only assumed that the best way to track down Superman Prime was to ask the original Superman himself, and had decided to visit the JLA at their Fortress of Solitude. Doomhound motioned Swamp Thing and Etrigan to follow him. "The rest of you, stay behind." Doomhound insisted. "It's no secret that you hold no friendship to the JLA. I'd prefer this end non-violently"

Arkillo scoffed, "But violence is always so much more fun." Doomhound shot Arkillo a warning look, which was enough to shut up the reptilian like alien. Doomhound and his Corps were expected, so the doors were already unlocked for them. As Sean walked in, he was immediately greeted by Cyborg. Out of all the JLA, Oliver seemed to be the only one who Sean considered a friend. The last time he saw him, Cyborg had been in critical shape after risking his life to help save him. "Glad to see you're back on your feet." Doomhound laughed.

Cyborg eyed the two Yellow Lanterns behind Doomhound, and nodded, impressed. "Glad to see you're taking your new position with some responsibility." Cyborg smiled. "Nice to see the Yellow Lanterns aren't being led by a mustache twirling psycho anymore." Superman flew down to meet with Doomhound, as Sean backed away from Cyborg to speak with the Man of Steel. "Superman Prime is a dangerous loose cannon, Doomhound." Superman warned. "I hope you're doing this for the right reasons. Under the wrong leadership, he could wreack terrible destruction."

Doomhound squinted at Superman. He didn't hate him persay, but he resented him for his self-righteousness, arrogance and his inability to understand how the ends could justify the means. "Superman, let me remind you, I NEVER had to betray Sinestro," he growled. "I NEVER had to turn the Yellow Lantern's into guardians of justice, molding them from mauraders of terror they once were. You know my history, and you know the mistakes I have made, I've been quick to correct."

Superman shrugged, "True..." he admitted. "But Superman Prime is one of the most dangerous men on the planet. If you can't contain him, it could mean the deaths of countless innocents. Why do you want him anyway?"

"I've recently discovered that Lex Luthor survived the explosion..." he announced. "That he went out of hiding after a VERY important vile of his went missing. If he was willing to risk the wrath of the Yellow Lanterns and reveal himself simply for losing this vile, it's clearly important...And the idea that it was stolen makes me more worried. Whoever had the guts and the ability to steal that vile could be even more dangerous than my father. We'll need to strengthen our Corps to it's limit, and Superman Prime is a key member we need on our team." It was true...If anything, he felt that it was more necesarry to be prepared for the thief and their employer than Luthor. For it was thief that had been the one to put fear into Luthor's heart, and as Sean knew, fear was the greatest and most powerful weapon in the galaxy.

Superman nodded, scratching his chin. Though Superman didn't approve of Doomhound's violent nature against criminals and his tactic of instilling fear, he knew that Doomhound had a very good talent for recognizing potential threats and preparing for them accordingly. When leading the most frightening heroes and villains in the Universe, he had to be. "I'll have to consult the League on how to deal with this threat," he announced. "I'll let Cyborg aid you in your pursuit of Superman Prime. There's a good chance that he won't take kindly to your Corps. There have been several sightings of him near the Metropolis arches. Good luck."

Doomhound nodded, motioning for Cyborg to follow him, as he set off after Superman Prime.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP