Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

[ Written by Joygirl. Plotted by Joygirl and Avenging_X_Bolt. ]

For the rest of WotRL, future updates, and a glance at the full roster, check out (and make sure to recommend!) the Wrath of the Red Lanterns user list, which will be acting as the library and central hub for this title!

-------------------------------

My name was once Atros.

I am the High Lord of the Red Lantern Corps. I created the power battery with the arcane blood of the Four Inversions, of which I am the lesser-known Fifth.

The Guardians and their impure organizations see me as many things. A rage-fueled Red Lantern, a powerful leader, a tactician, and a brute. They know nothing of my sorcery, nothing of the blood magic that powers my own Corps and makes them unique. The pseudo-science that powers their own batteries is simple, predictable. Able to control and circumvent by merely understanding the way it works.

The red rings obey my commands, and mine alone. The power of the Sacred Order is mine, and mine alone. It is through this that my Corps stays intact.

Though, from time to time, I admit to a sense of concern. While certain members of the Corps – Dex-Starr and Ratchet come to mind – seem to be fully loyal to the cause of the Red Lanterns, I know that things are not always as they seem. There are threats coming from within, threats that I don't always know that I can keep in check.

Laira was once a member of the Green Lantern Corps. I acted in foolishness and haste when I allowed her to bathe in the arcane plasma of the Blood Ocean – with her mind restored, she shows an ever-increasing amount of clarity and focus. When she fully recovers from her own death, and recovers her own self, her willpower will be unrivaled by any within my own Corps. If she should get her hands on a green ring, her strength could be too much for me to handle alone.

Veon is an unchecked threat. Attempting to restore his sanity is akin to playing with fire: he represents something unknown in the power of the red ring, a type of Rage so intense that it cannot be controlled or overcome. When Ratchet unlocks the secrets of his mind, the results could be catastrophic.

Even Zilius Zox's infinite cruelty is not unknown to me, though his history of incompetence marks him as a lesser threat. If he gets it into his mind that I must be destroyed, I don't know what he may be capable of. Along with the others, he must be watched.

However, even with Razer sprinting through our ranks and Skallox's unknown motivations, no member of my own Corps presents as much of a threat as my own second-in-command. Bleez was the first Red Lantern to be converted, so many years ago in Havania. The first one among us to start recovering her intelligence without being dipped in the Blood Ocean. The most powerful Red Lantern, eclipsed only by me.

Yet she schemes in the dark. Continuously examining the rings, the power battery, the lesser lanterns. She drinks from the Blood Ocean daily, like some sick vampire. Though I have turned my eye to her machinations, they are too sinister and convoluted – too much like Bleez herself – for me to figure out. Using blood magic in an attempt to scry on her has met with... mixed results. She has already taken precautions against it, of a sort I cannot know.

The easy answer would be to destroy her. I could do it, I would be only a small challenge. Strike her down in front of the rest of the Corps, show them all the results of mutiny. But my Corps is too volatile and too chaotic for me to control – when they were but mindless raging machines, I could direct them, if not truly harness them. Now that each Red Lantern has regained their intelligence they are violent and destructive individuals, too vitriolic to keep in line.

When everything is said and done, I need Bleez. It is her personal power and sensual cruelty that keeps the majority of members under control. Her influence over the Corps is both a godsend and the biggest threat of all. Should she find what it is she's looking for, and divides the rest of the Corps against me... I cannot predict the outcome.

No Caption Provided

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Joygirl
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

And so it begins...........kinda

Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This made me worry for my favorite Character's future... Great Job!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@joygirl: A little too much Bleez wanking for my taste, but still a great issue.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: IF I DON'T WANK HER WHO WILL, DNGN. WHO WILL.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@dngn4774: IF I DON'T WANK HER WHO WILL, DNGN. WHO WILL.

Have you considered a title change to Wank of the Red Lanterns? :P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romulusaugustus: Honestly I'm just restoring her to where she was before she was ruined. ^_^

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RomulusAugustus

@joygirl: lol fair enough. Great issue BTW, really looking forward to issue #1

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking they're gonna kill Atros in the near future of the RL comic. The next issue promises the death of a Red and his face makes up the background. That'll suck.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joygirl: Now that each Red Lantern has regained their intelligence they are violent and destructive individuals, too vitriolic to keep in line.

Excellent line! Vitriolic rarely gets enough use :)

Any more to come?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joygirl: Thank you, I shall read it sometime tonight

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@joygirl

I liked how this one was all introspection. I wonder if its foreshadowing though?