Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

[ Written by Joygirl. Plotted by Joygirl and Avenging_X_Bolt. ]

For the rest of WotRL, future updates, and a glance at the full roster, check out (and make sure to recommend!) the Wrath of the Red Lanterns user list, which will be acting as the library and central hub for this title!

------------------------

Mommy!” he screamed out.

It's okay, Razer... it's okay, everything's going to be okay.”

General Zartok smiled slowly, folding his arms. “No, 'Razer'. It isn't. Drusa... finish her off.”

No! Mom, no!”

It's okay, Razer, it's okay, don't worry....”

-------------------

“This is ridiculous, my lord. Skallox and I have served for far longer, and are only now just being inducted. We fought in the Four-Corps War with you, fought by your side next to Bleez and the others. Yet you sully the concept of an inner circle with this fresh-faced twink?” Zilius Zox flailed his short, stubby arms back and forth wildly as he ranted, looking up at the towering red beast that was just now creating the new sect within the Red Lantern Corps.

“You may have served longer, Zilius,” Atrocitus boomed out, crossing his arms across his massive chest. “But you also have a history of incompetence. It is only by plodding along that you have risen this far in rank – you should be honored, not spiteful.”

“What of Razer, then? What has he done?” Zilius continued, “He didn't even show up to accept his new rank, how has he risen up so quickly? Only Bleez, Dex and Ratchet outrank him, and he didn't even fight in the war alongside you!”

Bleez now pitched in, tapping one clawed finger against her full, silky blue lips. “Seems he is the High Lord's pet, does it not?” Atrocitus uttered a warning growl, but the havanian continued casually. “Think about it. Razer's home planet was destroyed by Mongul, the same way Atros's was by the Guardians and their foul Manhunters. Perhaps he relates to the frail little thing.”

“If you want to get technical...” Ratchet began, extending one tentacle thoughtfully and eliciting a groan from the other lanterns. “Razer, like our lovely Bleez here, showed a level of cognizance before our lord Atrocitus introduced him to the Blood Ocean, and even now that he has returned from it, he shows a greater level of control and skill... his military training, perhaps?”

“Yes, thank you for the exposition Ratchet,” Bleez sneered. “We all know that Razer served in the military. But he still lacks the passion and ruthlessness that gives the Red Lanterns our strength.”

Atrocitus lowered his eyes, one massive red hand slowly curling into a fist. “That's enough, out of all of you. Razer is being inducted into the Inner Circle, and your opinions on him are irrelevant. Even now, the reason he hasn't shown up is because he is single-handedly retrieving fuel for the power battery from a warzone not far away. He shows initiative and control, and therefore he's an asset. I'll hear no more...” his voice lowered dangerously. “...Criticism, of my choices.”

The other red lanterns, even Zilius, grumbled quietly and shuffled awkwardly, eventually leading to Skallox, who had been silent until now, piping up. “Well... thanks for the inner circle thing. It's an honor, my lord.”

Atrocitus grimaced, a gesture seen often from him. It was still unclear whether it was a smile, frown, or something else... those teeth tended to complicate things. “That's more like it. Now go, all of you. I'll tell Razer myself later. And... well, Veon, I don't think will much care.”

There was a brief pause.

Zilius floated up off the ground so that he could flail all four short limbs in tandem. “Veon's in the inner circle too?!”

------------------------

Razer exhaled slowly, wiping one gauntlet across his brow to draw away what little sweat he had build up, and set down his personal battery, still sticky from the blood he had filled it with. “There we go. All in a day's work, I suppose.”

“Feels good, doesn't it?” came a soft voice from behind him, causing the thin, pale warrior to turn instinctively. The speaker was their miracle-corpswoman, the incredibly resurrected Laira. “Bringing those bastards to justice? Doesn't it make you feel like you're doing something important?”

Razer nodded slowly. “Yes, it does,” he said in his soft, slightly raspy voice. “That feeling is all I have, anymore.”

“it's all any of us have,” Laira affirmed, carrying her own battery to the huge, cracked central battery of Ysmault and pouring in her payload. Razer's eye lingered as she turned away from him, tilting his head slightly to the side. The miracle girl had given him a lot to think about – how much a Red Lantern could withstand, how much they could heal from. How long their rage would keep bringing them back, and when they would eventually burn out.

Then again, she also gave him other things to think about, as her lithe blue figure abruptly reminded him. He could never pursue her, of course... not with Illana so fresh in his memory. “Yes, unfortunately, it is,” he said quietly, before lifting himself into the air. “Atrocitus has summoned me, so I'm afraid I must take my leave.”

“See you again sometime, maybe out in the field,” Laira replied as he flew off, offering a small smile.

“Yeah... maybe.”

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

heh ...twink.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

*does happy dance*

This one turned out great, better than I had hoped!!!! Onward torwards the next one!!!

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

*Applauds*

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloody fantastic. Bloody fantastic!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Bump

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

heh ...twink.

That's the one line that kept making me laugh through the whole issue.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@dngn4774 said:
@thecheesestabber said:

heh ...twink.

That's the one line that kept making me laugh through the whole issue.

Heehee, well Razer always seemed a bit femme to me. I'm pretty sure Bleez has more testosterone than he does....

*does happy dance*

This one turned out great, better than I had hoped!!!! Onward torwards the next one!!!

Indeedily!

@armiv2 said:

Bloody fantastic. Bloody fantastic!

That's the idea. :3

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@joygirl

Nice new chapter. Can't offer too much, other then I enjoyed it.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Very good, could you @ me when any subsequent chapters come out

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Bruxae

I really like how you use the details of the story to your advantage, something I can never do when I try to write something.