Wrath of the Red Lanterns #0.3 -- Veon

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

[ Written by Joygirl. Plotted by Joygirl and Avenging_X_Bolt. ]

For the rest of WotRL, future updates, and a glance at the full roster, check out (and make sure to recommend!) the Wrath of the Red Lanterns user list, which will be acting as the library and central hub for this title!

------------------------

“What's going on?” Razer said quietly, his arms folded across his chest. The bizarrely-colored earth-cat, Dex-Starr, crawled up onto his shoulder for a better look, his long blue tail swishing back and forth.

“I'm unsure,” Atrocitus replied, taking a pensive posture with his hands clasped behind his back. With his first several officers already doused in the agonizing abyss of the Blood Ocean, and a few of those having already set out onto their vengeance-quests, the High Lord had moved on to the next “wave” of recruits, the first of which had been a curious creature.

Squat, but sinuous – powerful yet feral. The deep indigo, one-eyed creature known as Veon had always been a particularly ferocious lantern when he had been mindless, and Atros had high hopes for him... very high hopes. Now, however, Veon thrashed and squirmed within the Ocean's embrace, shrieking and spewing plasma out of his mouth, his very body seeming to twist and contort, muscles knotting.

“It's taking too long. His awakening should have finished by now,” Razer said, taking another step forward. Dex had settled on his shoulder now, arms and legs draped over either side, and had started to purr contently... though his eyes never left the spectacle of Veon's anguished flailing.

“He's reacting badly to the awakening. I've never seen anything like it before.” Atrocitus reached in quickly, closing one massive hand around Veon's head-tail and yanking him out of the burbling scarlet liquid.

“Killllll! Rend, maim! Rrraaaagggge...!” Veon spluttered. He had visibly changed, but only slightly. When each member of the Red Lantern Corps emerged from the Blood Ocean their uniform would change very slightly to fit their own tastes – Veon's, however, was nearly identical to the way it had been before. A burning red membrane coating his body, encasing him and emblazoned with the Red Lantern insignia.

“We may never know what happened to him, to bring him the ring,” Atros mused, still holding the writhing creature up by his head and examining him closely. “Perhaps it was so terrible that even being granted lucidity was not enough to bring sanity. We may not be able to comprehend the torment he has sustained.”

“We have all sustained true pain, Lord Atrocitus,” Razer said softly, standing behind and to the side of the Corps' leader, getting a closer look at Veon. “No one's rage is greater than another's.”

“Untrue,” Atrocitus growled, tossing Veon to the bank and turning away. He'd been manageable up until now, he'd remain so. “Rage is not equal. Some rage, certain burning furies, are more bitter... more savage. More pure. The rage of a Red Lantern.” He inhaled, turning to face the blue-flesh creature again as it scrambled onto all fours, struggling to regain what senses it had. “But perhaps even that rage is not without its impurities."

No Caption Provided

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@joygirl Are you ever gonna do one about the REd Lantern woman who Melted and burned things with her touch, she wasn't around very long, but even Atrocious new to keep his distance from her

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joygirl
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: What about a Pulp Noir Story about The Question and Dex-Starr hunting down Dex's Owners Killers :D

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: I was planning to just actually write it as a Red Lanterns title without crossovers. ^_^

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Well I still wanna an Extra Violent but Warm and Fuzzy Dex Starr Story :D

Great Job on Dese by da way

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By dngn4774

@joygirl: Liked the ending. I guess Atros isn't found for the concept of democracy? XD

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl: Liked the ending. I guess Atros isn't found for the concept of democracy?

Not so much. :P I haven't even gotten to the Sacred Orders yet....

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By dngn4774

@joygirl: Why doesn't the blood ocean get it's own comicvine page. Is that just too often overlooked in the comics or did you add your own style in incorporating it into rl transformations?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl: Why doesn't the blood ocean get it's own comicvine page. Is that just too often overlooked in the comics or did you add your own style in incorporating it into rl transformations?

Nah it's pretty much exactly the way I depict it. And yeah it does deserve it's own page, especially if Harley Quinn's Hammer does.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#13 wildvine  Moderator

@joygirl

I enjoyed your visceral descriptions as always. I have no idea who this guy is, but I am interested in seeing more of him, er, it.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Will I understand it if I never saw the series

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: Hopefully. I try to explain them from the ground up and most of them got very little character development anyway

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joygirl: Animated series, that's what this should be. Short, concise, you'd need licensing but cross that bridge later. Maybe a sample trailer to DC

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He looks a bit like a Geth from mass effect. :D I hope he shows up in the New 52 soon, I want to learn more about him. I feel like ive missed out on alot of cool characters by not reading pre-n52.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I felt like Veon could have been a little more sympathetic...Obviously, Atrocitus is a hard-ass, but it would have been nice to see him at least pity Veon.