World Still Needs Heroes: Hercules Epic life

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King

Thunderstrike, Syr, Gunna, Cho and Lyra standing in a magical forest realm of the Olympian gods as they look at amazement at the bright colors and fresh scent in the air. Artemis looking at their expression smiles as she guides them through the wooded area to a small clearing where she and her Nymphs reside near warm spring pool. As they walk by they see Puck who runs past Lyra scaring her for only a second.

Puck: pardon me, My Lady.
Gentlemen and little one.

Gunna: Look a Goat-man!
I want one!

Gunna looking up at Syr as she points at Puck who begins to play the flute and dance around as the Nymphs giggle and laugh. Artemis encouraging Gunna to play with Puck as Syr releases the child's hand as she runs after the goat-man. The nymphs all appearing in different colors mirroring their personalities and even powers some covered in ferns, others with slightly moist hair, some green others blue and some looking no different then human wearing furs.

Artemis: do not be concerned for her safety.
here nothing can harm her, She is safe.

Syr smiling  as she tries her best to relax but as a shield maiden she must not lax in her duties, Watching Gunna chase after Puck into the bushes as he disappears only to appear from a different location each time playing his flute to announce his location to Gunna. Gunna turning and giggling each time as she chases him, Amadeus Cho watching her play around shift her attention to the Nymphs by the Hot spring grotto noticing a waterfall which he finds odd but realizes in a realm such as this logic has no place.

Amadeus noticing the beauty of the Nymphs becomes sadden as it reminds him of the Gorgon woman he had met in a previous adventure. Lyra walking around taking in the beauty of the place reminded that where she comes from her world is desolate, robbed of such beauty. Thunderstrike amused watching Gunna hiding in a tree waiting for Puck to run bye, Puck confused looks around looking for the child who leaps out of the tree screaming landing on top of him smashing his head with her tiny hands knocking Puck out.

Gunna: i win!!

Syr: Gunna, No!!

Thunderstrike: Ouch!

Lyra: what just happen?

Artemis: do not worry for Puck he is a sturdy being.

Gunna smiling drags Puck by his hooved leg toward Artemis and Syr.

Gunna: can i keep him?

Artemis: i'm afraid not little one.

Gunna sadden looks back at Puck and begins to think.

Gunna: then maybe i should eat him and skin him?

Syr: No!

Thunderstrike: No!

Lyra: tell me she is joking?

Amadeus Cho: probably not.

Gunna begins to sniff the air something having caught her attention as she tries to locate the source of the smell guiding her back into the woods. The rest follow her curious of the scent in the air something smelling delicious. Artemis smiling bids her nymphs goodbye Puck waking up and rubbing his head as he watches them leave. Finally they make it through a clearing an open field with wine river flowing through, gods, demigods, nymphs and forest creatures from Golden hines to Centaurs who lazily graze on the field while others Roast a large wild Boar preparing a table with fruits and vegetables. Gunna licking her lips as she stares at the large wild pig, The other gods noticing them invite them  to sit with them as they wait for the meal to slowly cook. The group look around and find it amazing the different races of mythological creatures before them, a group of  Centaurs in the distance practice their archery as they gallop across the field taking aim at the round straw target. Gunna excitedly jumps up and down asking permission from Syr to go play with them.

Syr: you may if they would have you.

Artemis takes Gunna's hand as  she walks her to the Centaurs to introduce her, Gunna looking at them in amazement shocked that they are part horse and man, never having seen such a thing in her small world.

Gunna: Horsey?

Artemis: no little one, Centaurs.

Gunna: Oh.

Thunderstrike, Lyra and Amadeus Cho take a seat while Syr walks off toward the archery range inhabited by the Centaurs in hopes of keeping an eye on Gunna, Gunna already having made new friends as she rides on the back of a Centaur giggling and shooting arrows at the target while Artemis Watches and prepares to join in the fun.

Thunderstrike: so what happen on Olympus?

Amadeus Cho: there was a Civil war in a bid for power, Mount Olympus destroyed.

Lyra: what?

Thunderstrike: why?

Amadeus Cho: yes.
The Olympians have disbanded many now live on earth.
a few who did not live on Mount Olympus like these here remained in their domain.
God or Man they always want more whether it is power or wealth.

Nymph: now, now, no more talk of such gloomy things!
here drink, let us sing, dance and celebrate.

The Nymphs begin to dance as they play their string instruments and flutes the gods watching and smiling as they drink the rustling of the bushes announces the arrival of forest people from small elf like sprites to fairies who flutter about changing in color all joining in the dance and festivities. The ground giving way as roots grow out and begin to form trees bearing fruit, one of the nymphs summons a small hot water spring, the ground opening as the water bubbles out from the ground as it finishes forming the nymphs remove their clothes and dive in to frolic.

Thunderstrike and Amadeus Cho blush at the lack of inhibition on those immortals while Lyra takes note of their embarrassment and teases them.

Lyra: you guys are just going to stare or jump in?

Lyra running into the hot spring pool removes her clothes and jumps in while the two guys watch in astonishment the nymphs gesturing them and asking them to join the fun. Puck  arriving begins to play his flute as he prances around the two young men and suddenly stops to speak to them.

Puck: Nymphs, gotta love them, em i right?

The two young men stare at one another for a second before speaking.

Amadeus Cho: i'll go in with my shorts.

Thunderstrike: good idea.
i dont think i have shorts in this costume.

Amadeus begins to walk toward the group as he hesitantly takes off his clothes leaving only his shorts on while the females encourage him to jump in.Thunderstrike takes a few steps back and begins to spin his Magic Mace overhead, The Nymphs stare at amazement wondering what the young god is doing.

Lyra: what are you doing 'strike?!

Thunderstrike enveloped in a cocoon of energy suddenly discharges as the nymphs scream in shock and Lyra puts her hands to up to block the blighting light, Suddenly Thunderstrike is wearing blue shorts with disc design similar to his asgardian uniform.

Lyra: how about a warning next time, Champ?

The nymphs astonished at his appearance begin to talk and whisper among each other about the young immortal as they welcome him into the pool.

Amadeus: show off..
are you ladies aware that Pi is the constant formula to finding the circumference of a circle using it's Radius?

Lyra making a face at Amadeus splashes water at him while Thunderstrike laughs.

Lyra: wow, you must be a regular ladies man with those kinds of lines Cho.

The Nymphs confused not understanding the mortals scientific gibberish simply giggle and brush it aside as they splash water at him and peck him on the cheek as they swim away hoping he follow.

Amadeus: how can immortals not know PI?

Thunderstrike: forget about it and go chase them.

one of the nymphs laughs as she answers...

Blue Nymph: i like pie.
apple and pumpkin pie.

The other Nymphs laugh as they answer back with their own favorite desert as they ask Cho what he likes... a stranger appears walking out from the forest having been watching the new arrival the whole time.

Strange woman: they know what PI is.
they just don't understand your mortal definition of it.
Different language as it were.

Amadeus turning to look at the new arrival who is wearing gold trimmed fur, blue eyes, blond hair with glittered oiled tan skin carrying a bow and arrow.

Amadeus: Oh, umm.. i'm Amadeus Cho.

Strange woman: i have heard of you and your adventures alongside Hercules.
His "Champion".
i am called Alexandra Ceryneian.

Lyra: care to join us?

Alexandra Ceryneian : no. although these others may enjoy frolicking with strangers, i do not.
i enjoy the serenity of peace and quiet.

Thunderstrike: well, if you change your mind we'll be here.

The Nymphs annoyed at the arrival of their fellow immortals try to get the mortals attention from squeezing Amadeus cheeks in an attempt to have him face them.. dont listen to her she is a grump, come play with us.

Blue Nymphs: pls..

The Nymphs desperate for attention dive underwater while the Blue one looks at Amadeus waiting for a reaction finally Amadeus screams in shock nearly jumping out of the water while the other nymphs rise and break the surface laughing and giggling.

Amadeus: what the hell?!

Lyra: what just happen?

Thunderstrike: umm.. a guy and girl thing, i think.

The strange exotic woman having seen enough walks away back into the forest, as she makes her way through the forest she arrives at her home a large Oak tree with a small opening covered by bushes, moving them aside she walks in and closes a small door that fits snugly making it appear as if it were part of the tree. putting away her bow and arrow she makes herself at home, although the entrance is within the tree her home is far larger, taking a seat she looks around hoping to find a particular book. Her Home having magic glowing stones embedded within the walls  provide her with light Shelves across the walls hold her book collection from ancient scrolls to modern mortal novel stories and books of science. Her books all gifts from Artemis and other immortals whenever they return from the mortal world.

Back at the hot spring pool Thunderstrike and Lyra awkwardly talking when they are interrupted by the giggling of Gunna who had quietly snuck by jumping in a cannonball fashion creating a large splash and interrupting their talk.

Gunna: no more talk, play!
i bet you cant catch me!

Gunna swimming away as Lyra and Thunderstrike chase after her the Nymphs once more excited begin to laugh and chase after her. one of them turning into a water like form as she shoots Gunna out of the water with a powerful spurt balancing her in the air.

Gunna: no fair! you cheated..

the nymph laughing cuts off the water jet as Gunna screams falling back into the water. The Nymph re-solidifying as she stares at Gunna who appears grumpy. Gunna staring back watching the Nymph turn back into flesh slaps her across the face.

Gunna: now we're even.

Her fellow nymphs laugh at the slapping of one their sisters one of the nymphs turns into a mermaid like creature and swim beneath Gunna allowing her to ride on her across the pull as Gunna laughs in excitement.

after an hour of playing everyone tired exit the pool and begin to get dressed in order to return to the banquet in hopes that the food is ready. Gunna the only one still naked runs across without care, Syr stopping her ask her for her close, Gunna pointing at the Pool as her furs float bye, Syr face palming herself in frustration. Thunderstrike taking note has Gunna fish out her clothes and hand it to him, Gunna Gathering her clothes hands it to Thunderstrike and watches in fascination as Thunderstrike begins to spin his Mace summoning the Mystic energies in the restructuring of the clothing. Thunderstrike finishing hands Gunna back her fur which is no longer dark brown but golden fur, Gunna taking it giggles as she begins to put it on laughing as it fits her perfectly as if it were a single piece pajama. the front opening once Gunna is fully inside it, it glows and seals itself. Gunna laughing as she pulls over her hood which is a lion mask and mane. As they head toward the table Gunna runs past everyone showing them her new set of clothes her small tail hanging loosely, Syr smiling takes her hand which are now gloved her fingers sticking out from the lion paw and on her knuckles are small lion claws.

Gunna: look, i'm a kitty.

Syr: a Lion.

Gunna: a lion, Roar!

Artemis: that is a beautiful costume little one.

Gunna: thank you.

The gods prepare the Boar for serving as they begin to slice off pieces and serve them to those patiently sitting and waiting for their plate. The Nymphs sit beside them some refusing meat in place of fruits, vegetables and wine. Alexandra  Ceryneian  coming  out from the wooded forest to join everyone in the feast. the Fairies flying bye as they take their place at the end of the table a smaller miniature table having been made for them. a few of the Nymphs summon small tree stubs to grow from the ground a perfect height for the small sprites and elves who will be joining them..

Lyra; how did you do that?

Thunderstrike: magic.

Lyra: the no buttons.

Thunderstrike: i dont know, i was thinking of a zipper but was undecided.
the Mace just did it for me, i guess.

As they sit and eat the immortals begin to tell stories of their past adventures and myths for entertainment, the guest patiently listen, some stories sounding familiar others unheard of by mortal ears but fascinating none the less.

one of the fairies darts out of the miniature table and flies toward Gunna dancing around back and fourth speaking to Gunna inaudible to the rest, Gunna smiling nods and claps her hands. Suddenly the Fairies fly about sprinkling pixie dust on Gunna and her friends, once done the leader of the fairies hovers in front of Gunna snapping her little fingers immediately the team vanish in a puff of Pixie dust. Outside a local Tavern a Roman Soldier is kicked out as he yells at the Barkeep as he stumbles out he sees a group of people fall out of the sky bearing witness to their arrival. The team falling over one another as they try to get back up and get their bearing. The soldier looking at them angrily responds to their arrival in a drunken voice.

soldier: did my father send you?!
he has no power here! i'm not going back!

Amadeus Cho: this is just great!
He's here too?!

The Soldier looking past the young men toward the women as he walks toward them and smiles.

Soldier: i havent seen you ladies before, where has my father been hiding you two?

(looking at Lyra) are you a nymphs or giantess?

(Lyra looking at him angrily)

Lyra: neither, i see he hasn't changed much.

Soldier: i see you have heard of me.
would you like to truly know me?

Lyra responds by slapping the soldier giving him a bloody lip and knocking him unconscious, a holy man having seen there arrival runs off screaming about demons. Amadeus and Thunderstrike turning to see the man run off. Gunna laughing walks toward the unconscious soldier and kicks him in the stomach.

Gunna: you're a bad man!

Thunderstrike: We better get out of here, quick.

Amadeus Cho: and you might want to change into your human form, Lyra.

Lyra: and what?! it's cold out here!
i'll freeze to death!

Thunderstrike taking off his fur Cloak cape wraps it around Lyra as she transforms into her human form.

Syr: we need to find a boarding house and get out of the street.

Lyra crouching over the soldier as she feels about for his money bag, going over his Wine Gourd and travel pack.

Thunderstrike: great, now we're mugging him?

Lyra: i doubt our legal tender would be of much use here.

Amadeus Cho: what about him?

Syr: we take him with us till we figure out how to get out of here and back to Olympus and our time.

Gunna grabbing the Soldier by his leg as she drags him behind the team, arriving at a boarding house they enter to speak with the female in charge of the boarding house. Syr taking charge as she is the only one to understand the language being used in the village. Given a room and paying with the soldier's money pouch they head upstairs locking the door to their room behind them.

Gunna: should we wake him?

Thunderstrike: i dont think its a good idea.

Amadeus Cho: some how we traveled back in time as far as i can tell.
the fishing village the clothing of the people, i say we are in europe.

Syr: aye, they speak the old tongue of the gull.

Lyra: wait if they are speaking whatever language, how is it Hercules was speaking English?

Syr: he was not. it was the residue magic of his godliness.
 even this far away from his land he retains certain abilities probably due to his dual nature of man and god.

Amadeus Cho: i dont know, just being here we are creating a temporal paradox.
We shouldn't interfere.

Thunderstrike: unless we are suppose to be here and by not intervening we might change what is suppose to happen.

Lyra looking at Gunna and bending down to speak to her.

Lyra: what did the fairy tell you, Gunna?

Gunna: if i wanted to see the story rather then listen to it.

Amadeus Cho: really shouldnt trust fairies, elves and gnomes.
historically they are mischievous and cause problems more often then not.

Hercules struggling to regain consciousness opening his eyes he sees Gunna in her Lion Skin Pajamas sitting on his chest and smiling.

Hercules: what happen?
who and what are you people?

Gunna: I'm a troll! roar!

Hercules: i'm sure you are.
If my father did not send you are you gods of this land?

Syr: yes and no, Olympian.

Hercules: I see you have heard of me then?
and who may you stranger be?

Syr: I am Syr a shield maiden and these are my charges.
Thunderstrike, Lyra, Amadeus Cho and the little one is Gunna the "troll."

how is it you came to this land, Hercules?

Hercules: the life of an immortal Olympian grew tiresome.
Tired of my father's rule, i came to this land seeking new adventures.
having heard legends of demons and evil that needed vanquishing. This land needs a hero and so i came.

Amadeus Cho: how did you get here in the 1st place and why in roman soldier clothing?

Hercules: you are an odd looking boy, are you one of the elves of this land.

Amadeus cho: No, That's just great. He's racist to boot in this time.

Hercules: you speak of a race, do you seek to challenge me?
I should worn you i am a founder of the roman/Greek Olympics champion of the many events.

Amadeus Cho: and still stupid.

Hercules: that mace where did you get it? it looks like my own.

Hercules in a panic reaches to his side feeling for his mace and other items making sure nothing has been taken, his chord of wine still there but his money pouch missing.

Hercules: i have been robbed! the lousy Bar keep!

Syr: nay, we took thy money to purchase the room rental.

Lyra: what were you doing outside the Tavern?

Hercules: a misunderstanding.
if the Bar keep did not wish for his wife and daughters to be complimented, he should not have employed them.

Lyra: should have known.

Thunderstrike: so how did you get here?

Hercules eyeing the young warrior before responding.

Hercules: ah! a fellow warrior the bearing and armor it is spartan is it not?
a fellow greek?

Thunderstrike: kinda spartan, yes.
but, i am not greek.

Hercules: hmm.. well then let me tell you the story of my arrival.
once ages ago there were Titans..........

Amadeus cho: cliff notes, pls. we know this part.
Chronos father to Zeus, your mother mortal woman gave birth to you having been seduced by Zeus.
We mean how did you get to Europe.

Hercules: you mortal lack patients.
I joined the Roman army after hearing that they had spread to Germania.
Once we landed, i snuck away riding away followin  the shore having found small villages and tribes and listening to their legends of an evil plague. this fishing village was my last stop before heading toward the great drinking hall in the mountain up north.

Thunderstrike: wait drinking hall, a great evil?
does this sound familiar to any of you?
It sounds like the movie plot to.....

Amadeus Cho smacks the back of Thunderstrike's helm to keep him quiet.

Thunderstrike: what was that for?

Amadeus Cho: whether we are suppose to be here or not we cant divulge future events even if it is suppose to be a myth.

Hercules: future events? are thou Soothe Sayers?

Amadeus Cho: no. we are just very learned.

Thunderstrike: he's just more learned then the rest of us.

Hercules: a Wizard?!
i can use you for my adventure.
how would you all like to join me at least pay off what you have taken?

Lyra: well, he got us there, we did mug him.

Thunderstrike: not us, you.

Syr: we will need provisions.
you men stay here, i shall take Lyra and Gunna with me for supplies using Hercules purse.

The men staying in the room watching Syr and Lyra leave, Hercules smiling as he watches their rear end and raises his eyebrow and nudges the young men..

Hercules: so do you men have claim to the women?

Amadeus annoyed lies down on his straw mat ignoring Hercules question, Thunderstrike blushing at the question..

Thunderstrike: well, i guess. i dont know.
me and Lyra have a thing or at least i think we do.

The Women walking down the street Lyra wrapped in Thunderstrike's Fur Cape walking through the cold and ice covered streets looking for a shop that sells fur clothing and weapons. Upon finding what they are looking for they enter the shop and view the furs and the ancient iron weapons. the store keep being an older woman politely ask them if they require help.

store keeper: how can i help you today, young ladies?

Syr: we require fur blankets, clothing, traveling packs, dried meats and an Axe.

Syr pointing at the wall for the items she speaks off the old lady grabbing a stole places it down and uses it to reach the items placing them on the counter.

Gunna: i want the axe gimme the axe!

Syr: patients little one, we must pay 1st.

Store Keep: what a cute child and such lovely fur.
i am sure she is warm as can be.

Syr: aye. tell me store keeper, were are the men. i do not see many this village is as dead as the grave.

Store keep: bah! most of the strong of arm men have all headed up the mountain in search of the demon that plagues this land.
they do not return. The women and the few elderly men remain behind to fend for ourselves.

Lyra quitely looks at the furs as she tries to see how to properly wear them.

the Store keep smiling runs to assist Lyra realizing the furs are not enough to cover her and would simply be draped on the poor child and not provide sufficient protection from the weather. Lyra politely smiles unable to understand the woman's offer of assistance.

Syr; you must excuse her, she is not of this land.
she does not speak your tongue.

Store Keep: oh, that's okay.
the fur cloak is not enough to keep her warm and the furs here are mostly for the men.
i have women Clothing and furs behind this curtain where she can try them on.

Syr: thank you.

Store Keep: just let me lock the front door, here.
let us find something for the sweet child.

The store keep grabbing Lyra's hand as she guides her behind the curtain, a few moments later Lyra comes out wear snug fitting leather pants and top with fur trim with leather and fur trimmed gloves.

Syr: excellent.

store keep: dont tell me you young ladies plan to head up the mountain.
it's not save, especially with the child.

Syr: do not worry, My Lady.
we do not plan to go to that dark place.
we are simply picking up mementos for our travel home.

store keep: good, how will you be paying for this?

Syr reaching into the purse pulls out a handful of roman gold coins and a red ruby.

Syr: i hope this is enough.

Store keep: it is.

Syr: one more thing, i require a back harness for the axe.

Store keep reaching beneath her counter pulls out a leather harness and places it on the counter.

Store keep: here you go, it's on the house.

Lyra grabbing the harness begins to put it on Gunna making sure it is tightly fasten. Gunna having seen Syr pay grabs the axe from the counter and giggles..

Gunna: mine!

Store Keep: careful little one, it is very sharp.

The ladies grabbing their provision head out after thanking the woman as they head back to the inn. unnoticed by them the holy man spies on them from a corner of a hut. Upon arriving back to the room they see the men asleep dropping their gear Syr pulls our fur clothing throwing them at Amadeus while he sleeps and proceed to slide them over and pass out, the quest can wait till morning.

Following morning Hercules is the 1st to wake and already down stair eating breakfast waiting for his new friends to wake. The rest of the team begin to wake on their own smelling the fried eggs and bacon each ready to believe that they had dreamt this recent adventure. Thunderstrike walking down the stair followed by Gunna who sniffs the air smiling and runs to the wooden table as the woman cook places a plate in front of Gunna. finally everyone awake Amadeus in his fur clothing take their seat and begin to eat as Hercules tells them of their upcoming adventure.

Hercules: nobody knows but it is said this evil takes men and women at night, bodies never to be seen.
some say they drain the blood of their victims and eat their flesh.

Amadeus Cho: who says?

Hercules: they say.

Thunderstrike: who is they?

Hercules: bah! those who tell the story.
finish eating you will need your strength for the climb to the great hall.

The Team finally ready to leave pay the Inn Keeper one more time for their hospitality, checking their supplies and fastening their packs they begin the long walk up the mountain. Thunderstrike not sure if they will even find anything as he tries to get answers from Amadeus Cho.

Thunderstrike:(whispers) okay, if we are here with Herc, how is it he never told us this story in the future.
God knows he loves to talk about his adventures.

Amadeus Cho: i been trying to figure it out. he either chose not to tell us and preserve the timeline, which doesnt sound like him at all or this never happen to "our" Herc and we are in a different universal timeline.  there are too many variables to go over, i mean this could very well be our timeline and Herc didnt rememver because it never happen and we are changing our own timeline creating some sort of paradox.

Lyra: this is just confusing...

Thunderstrike: tell me about it.

Amadeus Cho: I am hoping that Herc just drank himself stupid and just forgot which would maintain our reality intact.

Thunderstrike: seems about right.

Lyra: let's hope.

Hercules leading the march alongside Syr and caring Gunna over his shoulders as they march through the rocky icy terrain. After a full days walk they reach the outskirts of a frozen forest the trees being spars and nearly barren and decide to make camp before sunset and lose the light. Hercules robbed of much of his godly might is still an impressive specimen with the strength of ten men as he carries over a hundred lbs of wood for the fire. Gunna walking behind Hercules her axe in her holster drags a giant rotten log weighing several hundred lbs.

Syr: what are you doing little one?
that is too large to make a fire, you should not have cut it down.

Gunna: i didnt, it was already down.
It's food,

Lyra: but we have food, already.

Lyra pulling out dried meat from the packs showing it to Gunna, Gunna pulling out her Axe cuts the log splitting it in half exposing several maggots and insects.

Gunna: this food..

Thunderstrike and Amadeus do there best to maintain their composure as Gunna grabs a handful of insects and puts them in her mouth creating large crunching sounds as she chews.

Hercules: truly this child is a "troll".

Gunna smiling at Hercule's comment showing her insect carapace covered teeth.

the team begin to sit around the fire after Thunderstrike used his mace to ignite it. Lyra and Syr laying out the fur blankets putting aside their weapons and packs. Hercules rubbing himself to stay warm and being given a Fur blanket to cover himself.

Hercules: so you guys believe i am a god, right?

Thunderstrike: yes.

Amadeus Cho: no.

Thunderstrike: he's just messing with you.

Hercules: i know being away from my land and people has diminished me perhaps punishment from my father, Zeus.
but, there is something more here. i can feel it, something here seems to dampen one's spirit.
It's almost as if the gods are not here. I have heard the gods of this land are asleep. The reason for this endless winter.

Syr: I am a god and i do not sleep. i am beside thee.

Thunderstrike: Maybe we should go to Asgard for help to get us home?

Amadeus Cho: and we would pollute the timeline.
Besides Odin could very well attack us as soon as we appear.

Syr: Odin knows all, he would give us aid if he could but, i sense he would rather we return under our own might and bravery.

Amadeus Cho: yeh, whatever.
its the same pitch with every deity.

Syr: he will help us if needed.
i do not like the tone Amadeus.

Hercules: so tell me what em i like in the future?

Amadeus Cho: an alcoholic drunk blow hard.
same as you are now. you "gods" dont do change very well.

Thunderstrike: we really cant tell you much.

Syr: you are a great warrior in any time, Lord Hercules.

Lyra: and a relentless womanizer.

The team finally falling asleep as midnight comes an eerie howl is heard through the mountain full of pain and rage Gunna waking up her eyes glowing red as they pierce the darkness. Syr waking up to hug Gunna who has pushed herself within her fur blanket.

Gunna: something is out there...(whispers)

Syr: Aye, but it does not come for us.

Hercules: not this night. but soon we will confront it.

Lyra sleeping between Thunderstrike and Amadeus Cho each overlapping their blankets to stay warm the fire slowly dying out. Next morning they awake at the crack of dawn using the fire to melt slow throwing leaves to make a crude tea and eating the dried meat preparing once more for the journey...

Amadeus Cho: i'm curious how many people can you teleport with you, Thunderstrike?

Thunderstrike: i dont know never thought about it.
i dont think there is a limit. why didnt i think of that, could have saved us the hike.

Lyra: well, now is a good time to start with the magic mace swinging.

Thunderstrike: where em i going?

Syr points to the peak of the mountain, Thunderstrike gesturing everyone to gather around him, Gunna grabbing his leg as Thunderstrike begins to whirl his mace which is stopped by Hercules head being the tallest of the group. Hercules grabbing his head in pain.

Hercules: ow! you little....

Thunderstrike: sorry...

Thunderstrike trying again Hercules bending down just enough to avoid the mace the mystic energies and dimensional winds pick up creating a vortex. the team begin to fade as the vortex carries them no more then a few feet from their original location..Thunderstrike stopping and the team disappointed at the result.

Hercules: and you call yourselves men of the future.
told you something was wrong with this land.
it not only dampens the spirit but your magic as well.

Amadeus cho: well, he had to be right sooner or later.

The team once again beginning their journey march onward passing Boulders with strange rune markings, Amadeus asking Syr if she can  read the language but it's meaning lost to even her. entering the dead forest they find more markings carved on the trunks of the sickly trees, Gunna running her hand on the marking.

Hercules: even here so far from Rome and Greece these markings appear.

Syr: aye, the religion does spread but to mark so many trees with the brand?

As they look around the carving appears to have bn placed on almost all the trees.

Hercules: it is an omen of evil and doom.
the cause for this land's curse robbing us of our power.

Amadeus Cho: it's a cross...

Lyra: i bet they were carved by the weird guy in robes who saw us appear.

Hercules: my father was a fool to allow these fanatics to spread false beliefs.
This Odin of yours would be wise to put a stop to it in his land.

Amadeus Cho: this just keeps getting better and better(face palm)

Hercules: tell me has this sect infected your future?

Thunderstrike: look, Herc. it hasnt "infected" our future.
well, not mostly. umm... well.. look, i'm christian sort of..
well, still undecided, agnostic that's the word.. although the televangilist i consider an infection.

Amadeus Cho: Herc, what do you know of the religion of the cross?
i mean it started in your own back yard.

Hercules: i know many things, it does mirror my life.
but the names and locations the details are all wrong.

Thunderstrike: is he saying what i think he is saying?

Amadeus cho: i think, he thinks they plagiarized his life.

hours later as they make their way through the woods the animals the birds all quiet not even insects can be heard.. all the woodland creatures natural and supernatural have gone into hiding or abandoned the land in fear. Hercules still babbling as he continues his rant.

Hercules: and do you know who else has a beard, Me.
i am also known as the Lion of Olympus and i do enjoy the occasional Lamb...
son of a god... need i go on?

Thunderstrike: no. you made your point.

Amadeus cho: just, shut up!

Syr: aye, i have gotten a headache from your constant talking.

Hercules: i am just saying to be weary of the markings.

The team finally arriving to the Great Drinking Hall after crossing the forest expecting a welcome they are instead greeted with more silence, The outside village empty all having long abandoned it. Gunna sniffing the air as she tracks the few survivors and points to the team toward the hall...

Gunna: they are there i can hear and smell them..
this town smells like rotten meat and death.

the team carefully  making there way to the hall doors, Hercules pushing them open as he steps through and views those who have hidden themselves within it's doors...

Guards: intruders!!

King: halt! let them pass!
who are you strangers?!

Hercules: me and my friends have heard of your troubles and have come a long distance to lend our aid.
I have crossed the ocean leaving behind my mantle and birth right. Son of a god and king!

Holy Monk: Blashemy!

The King sitting on his Throne next to his Queen his adviser approaching the King Whispering in his ear, the team recognizing the Adviser as the crazy Holy man from the village.

King: my adviser claims you are demons sent to kill me.
what do you say about this?

Hercules: your adviser is a madman who runs around in sheets and cursing every person he meets to hades for enjoying the simple pleasures of life, wine and women.

Holy Monk: my liege you would allow him to speak of me in such a manner?!
i demand retribution!

King: what he said is it a lie, Monk?
i know you too well do not lie to me.

The monk angry quietly backs away mumbling curses as the King welcomes the new guests into his hall.

King: what have you heard of this place?

Hercules: that this was once a great drinking hall and now cursed by unknown evil.

King: aye, it has become cursed. many men die here never to be seen again.
the evil comes while we sleep unable to fight it for some curse keeps us from waking once nightfall comes.

Holy Monk: you must abandon your old pagan gods and except the Christ if you are to be saved from this evil my liege.

Syr: prayer will not protect you, evil comes to wreck havok no matter one's faith.

King: better you stayed in your homeland and spared yourselves our horror.
two warriors and four children is hardly will hardly be enough.
The gods are our only hope.
yet, they still slumber tis summer and the winter snow and ice does not melt.

Syr: we be not mere warriors your king but heroes of our land.
rest assured that we will find the cause of your misfortune.

So be it let us eat and celebrate before the curse falls upon us later this night, if we are to die this night let it be not on empty stomachs. Hercules smiling agreeing as he makes his way to the banquette table reaching for a cup the few women appearing to pour mead in the empty cups as they bring roasted pigs and cooked fowl to the table.

Lyra asking Syr where did the food come from if they are all stuck here, Syr repeating the comment to the King hoping for an answer.

King: the land is nearly empty of game many of our young men go to the village for supplies.
many do not make it back killed on the road or abandoned us out of fear.
the few brave men who return come back to face death bringing the supplies.

Syr translating to her band while the warriors at the table suspiciously eye them unsure why she needs repeat the king's words to her friends in the same language. Gunna walking on the table as she reaches for food while the warriors laugh musing at her spirit nature some commenting on her strange fur clothing.

Hercules: if we are to combat this evil, we must know all there is to know.
what can you and your people tell us of this evil?

Holy Monk: they are demons from the loins of hell itself come for all nonbelievers.
ravagers of men souls, drinkers of blood.

Hercules: can any of you actually tell us anything of worth?
(ignoring the monk)

King: It comes at night taking our warriors while we slumber unable to wake.
there bodies never again to be seen.
all we can say for sure is a blood curdling howl is heard prior to us passing out or upon awakening.

Hercules having heard enough begins to ignore the king as he eyes one of the beer maidens grabbing her by the wrist as she spins unto his lap  both smiling at one another as Hercules begins to kiss her. the rest of the team rolling their eyes as they witness Herc's seduction, Syr continuing to translate the king's words to the team.

Thunderstrike: i dont know what we are suppose to do here.

Amadeus Cho: i agree. if these guys are passing out by magic what is to stop us from doing the same?

Lyra: by magic? more by Mead.

Syr: they drink knowing they face certain death unable to do anything else.
they are warriors and face death without fear.
(whispers)
we may be immune to the spell and sorcery of this land.
after non us are mere mortals.
whatever magic place here was before our arrival.
this may provide us the opportunity we need to face this evil.

Night fast approaching the reveling beginning to quiet down Hercules missing from the main hall where abouts unknown, The moon begins to rise high in the sky and a bestial howl is heard heralding the coming doom. The cracking of ice, leaves crunching in the forest trees being push aside as the forces of evil begins to head toward the great hall. Inside the hall the warriors passed out in mid sentence, The king and his Queen passed out on their throne. Gunna running on the table lifting there heads as she screams for them to wake up and letting them fall back on the table. Her ears perking up toward the Hall doors as she whispers to her team.

Gunna: somethings coming...

Syr making sure her team is awake and ready as they prepare for whatever is coming, Thunderstrike pulling out his mace gripping the handle. Amadeus Cho checking his Ipod and gripping his golden mace. Lyra looking around for Hercules.

Lyra: where the hell is Hercules?

Syr: worry about him later.

The team gathering around the Hall doors waiting to face the evil suddenly the doors slam open blowing out many of the candles inside the hall... screeching noise and roar is heard challenging the strangers who dare face them. The shadows moving as if alive the figures moving incredibly fast using the darkness to their advantage. the largest shadowy figure at the door matching the height of the doorway, Syr behind her shield with spear in hand issues commands to stay close withing each other's view while facing the largest creature. Thunderstrike raising his mace shines a light to the enemy allowing his team to see there enemies, a large giant like creature and two feral like creatures with fangs and claws. one of the smaller creatures lunges at Amadeus Cho and stopped by his banner tech shield repelling into the wall, the creature turning around digs his claws and scurries up away from the light.

Syr angry throws her spear at the largest one only for it to fall on the ground upon impact failing to injure the giant forcing Syr to pull out her sword as she charges the monster. Lyra attacked by one of the smaller creatures from behind screams and transforms into her She-Hulk form turning around as she grabs the creature. the creature breaking it's claws on Lyra's skin, Lyra punching it remorsely
breaking its neck and ribs with each blow and dropping it on the ground as she turns to help Syr against her enemy.

Thunderstrike attempting to hit his opponent who darts around him it's agility matched only by the smallest of the group. Gunna tackling the creature out of the air pulling her axe roars at the creature, the creature in turn hisses at her. it's strength no match for her trollish might regardless of her size. Gunna finally lifting her axe slices off it's head.

Thunderstrike: we have to get the big one outside before anyone gets hurt!

Syr: it is easier said then done. he is immune to our weapons!

Hercules running out to the hall naked from all the commotion having missed the 1st precious minutes, his neck covered in hickies...

Hercules: okay, i'm here!

Lyra: are you naked?!

Hercules form covered by the shadows as he steps to lend his aid walking over the presumed dead creature as it grips his ankle digging it's claws into his flesh. Hercules screams in pain as he grabs the creature's head attempting to choke it. Hercules noting that it appears human but that it is not, only instincts of a predator remains, an unholy creature. Hercules straining to break its already shatter neck yet continuing to move about. Hercules changing tactics strains to pull it's head from its body as a tearing sound can be heard as Hercules succeeds dropping the creature to the ground as it's head rolls on the floor. Thunderstrike, Lyra, Gunna, Amadeus Cho Syr and now Hercules now having only one more creature to face as they surround it herding him toward the door drawing the line between it and the sleeping warriors.

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Dark King

Syr: it is Immune to our weapons, my sword and spear cannot cut it!!

Thunderstrike and Amadeus knowing what they must do charge their enchanted weapons as it sparks building its attack sporadically flickering both champions knowing something is wrong as they fire a lightning bolt the electrical arc reaching out to one another as it combines to hit the giant creature sending him hurling out the door tumbling into the forest as it roars in pain.. Thunderstrike realizing that his Mace only fired a lightning bolt and not a Thunder blast as was intended.

Amadeus Cho: The Magic something is either draining it or blocking it!

Thunderstrike: I noticed!

Hercules running out the door to face the creature in the darkness of light the team following behind him, The Giant creature roars as he charges toward them. Lyra jumping up and launching herself in an a riught hook attempt  only to be hit in mid air into the ground following it with a foot stop. Thunderstrike in an attempt to stop hurls his mace hitting it square in the face and dropping to the ground one of its enchantments lost. Hercules follows up by tackling the creature into the ground as they both roll into the forest. The creature growling as they hit trees some breaking upon impact. Hercules not possessing his true might  put himself in mortal danger as he presses it's arm against Herc into the mud and soft soil  of the forest ground the giant monster raising it's fist. Gunna having scurried up a tree near a branch as it readies for her attack waiting for the right moment as she leaps into the air Axe in hand screaming as she slashes cutting deep into the creatures shoulder biting deep into bone as she lands turning to face the monster bearing her teeth as she growls....

Gunna: you leave him alone!

The monster howling in pain lifts its arm off Hercules hold onto it as it back hands Gunna, Gunna surprised braises herself as she is hit by the monster sending her hurling into the air at incredible speeds.
Syr screaming for her leaps into the air hoping  to buffer the incoming impact as Gunna slams hard into Syr's body causing them to produce a loud ring from metal and asgardian skin the impact robbing them of the momentum and dropping them to the ground. 

Lyra awakening from the impact as she sees both Asgardians passed out and unmoving turning she sees the incredible Hercules refusing to let go from the monster's arm screaming and cursing it as Thunderstrike jumps and attempts to choke it while Amadeus behind his shield being pounded on by the monster's free arm. Lyra not sure who to help fight the monster or check of Syr and Gunna but as she begins to decide she hears Hercules..

Hercules: you will not hurt anyone else, Monster!

Hercules gripping it's wounded arm which Gunna's axe had maimed. it's shoulder gouged and bone exposed, repeated use has weaken it and torn sinew making it's arm nothing more but useless.  Hercules grinding his teeth and finally managing to dig his heels into the ground he strains with all his might, his muscles tensing in an attempt to match it's raw strength with his own rage. The creature in pain howls instinctively ceasing it's attack on Amadeus as it reaches toward it's shoulder. Hercules finally succeeding a loud tear being heard across the forest and even the village several days below ripping it's arm off it's body..

Amadeus, Thunderstrike and Lyra all look at grotesque fascination as it screams in a blood curling pain..

Monster: Aaaaaarrrroooohhhh... eeeeh! 

The creature lashing out kicks Hercules who hides behind it's own severed arm as it sends him skidding into the ground from it's already weaken blow...the monster grabbing Thunderstrike with it's one good arm and slamming him into the ground, Amadeus unable to harm it but hide behind his shield as he watches the monster howl and run back into the forest screaming into the night....

Lyra getting up runs to check on Syr and Gunna, Thunderstrike getting up as he tries to decide whether to go after the monster or not instead he sees Hercules force himself back up to his feet possibly having broken ribs as he slowly tries to run after it. Thunderstrike seeing Hercules makes his choose as he calls after Herc.

Thunderstrike: let it go! they need help!

Amadeus Cho already beside his fallen allies as Thunderstrike frantically runs to join them, Hercules looking at his new allies turns toward them as he stumbles to their side. Thunderstrike angry and enraged that Gunna has been injured is tempered with sadness and fear of abandonment reminded of his own father passing away playing hero and hoping the same does not happen to them.. Hoping that they are okay and are not dead, Syr opens her eyes instinctively having bn clutching Gunna in her arms realizing everyone is looking at them both. Syr looking down is overcome with fear that her charge may be mortally injured. rising to her feet she nudges Gunna in order to get a response. Gunna straining to open her eyes and speak..

Gunna: i'm scared... i dont want to die.....(closes her eyes)

Syr, Lyra eyes begin to well up.

Lyra: this cant be happening....

Thunderstrike: there must be something we can do?

Hercules: there is.. get her back to the drinking hall and hurry.

the Team hurriedly run back inside the drinking hall all sore and injured forgetting their pain and bruised body.  Hercules struggling climbs the stairs back to the sleeping room where  the young maiden had been entertaining him, rummaging through his belongings in the dark he finds what he is looking for a dried fruit Gourd filled with a liquid wine. Hercules running back to the hall as the team surround Gunna around the floor, the lights flickering  from the wind blowing in, Amadeus closing the door.  Thunderstrike hugging Gunna  in Syr's armsand slamming his mace on the ground as he prays for it's magic to work, straining to hold back his tears he lifts the mace and whirls it above them but to no avail it's magic no longer able to draw the energy needed for whatever he has in mind.Hercules  taking seat  among them as he uncorks the Gourd and pours it's liquid content into Gunna's mouth.

Syr: drinkit little one,,pls...

Hercules: she has to drink it, it will restrengthen her spirit possibly heal her as well even in this dark realm far from greece.

Amadeus: ambrosia.

Hercules: aye, twas a gift from my wife before i left to be used for emergencies.

Hercules once again pours more into her mouth hoping that it's mystic properties would take hold, Gunna slowly opening her eyes as she instinctively coughs spurting the precious liquid some of it being swallowed while some runs down  the side of her lips. finally after a while Gunna's begins to respond her strength slowly returning as the magic heals her wounds and fortifies her godly heritage, her eyes even flashing red for the briefest of moments a sign of her new strength.

Hercules: see she is fine...

Thunderstrike: no thx to you! she got hurt trying to save you!
you running like an idiot did you really think you could hurt it when even we couldnt?!

Syr: do not blame Hercules, Thunderer. it was not his fault alone. 
we all share in it. 

Gunna fully awakening yet still tired hugs Syr as she speaks being cradled in her arms. Hercules listening to Thunderstrike takes a quick shot from the Gourd and begins to strain to rise his body too being injured the ambrosia slowly repairing and knitting his fractured bones and his bruises slowly vanishing. unnoticed by them as they argue the Monk  is awake and had been listening to their argument possibly witnessing the miraculous healing and the magic unleashed in their battle with the monster and it's minions.