World Still Needs Heroes: Hercules Epic Life 3

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King
Thunderstrike flying behind the Dragon carrying Hercules and Gunna who is sitting on his back holding unto the collar of his cape like reigns giggles and kicks Thunderstrike on his side to get him to speed up.  Nearly on top of the Dragon, Hercules screams as he prepares to jump onto it's back holding onto Thunderstrike with one arm in the other an iron sword his golden mace hanging from his waist. Thunderstrike makes a sudden stop as he kicks Hercules toward the Dragon, Hercules screaming as he flies through the air with sword in hand stabbing the Dragon as it shrieks in pain. 

Thunderstrike follows the Dragon as he begins to fall from the sky  Hercules still on it's back stabbing it remorsefully over and over as vicious as his attack is they are minor cut only penetrating minor none vital areas on its back and shoulder. Hercules grinding his teeth digging his fingers into the Dragon fighting the forces of gravity and wind shear.  Gunna standing up as Thunderstrike approaches the Dragon as she screams to Thunderstrike though the howling winds.

Gunna: it's my turn!

Thunderstrike:
Gunna, no!

jumping off of Thunderstrike Gunna flies through the air pulling her Axe from it's back harness in one smooth motion toward the behemoth. The Dragon struggling to fly and right itself in the air and turn over is interrupted by Gunna who lands on its chest digging the Axe into it's chest  slashing it and opening deep cuts. the Dragon responds by attempting to scratch her off with it's front limbs and claw her away. Gunna laughing runs up it's neck and runs her axe across it and jumps to it's wing and begins chopping it making it useless.

Thunderstrike coming toward the Dragon full speed as Gunna begins to get lifted off the Dragon from the updraft and wind displacement from their fall already hitting terminal velocity toward the ground. Gunna smiling  instinctively spreads her arms and legs as she shoots up away from the Dragon, Thunderstrike plucking her out of the sky as she hugs him as he arrives and slows down their fall and begin to hover spinning his Mace.

Thunderstrike: are you crazy?!

Gunna:
no, are you?
it's okay i wont tell.

the Dragon falling  out of the air hitting  the ground causing a great dust cloud and thunderclap the ground trembling  across the valley, rocks and boulders rolling off the mountain miles away from the impact.

Thunderstrike: Oh my god, Hercules!

Thunderstrike shooting across to the impact area as he lands sliding on his feat from angle of descent, Gunna hopping off of him as she runs toward the Dragon which appears dead. 

Gunna: he sure is ugly and big and his stinks...

The Dragon slowly begins to move rocking back and fourth, Gunna growling and bearing her teeth as she prepares to fight it once more, Thunderstrike grabbing her by her hood keeping her from running toward it.

Thunderstrike: hold on their Dragon Slayer.

Slowly the Dragon begins to rise as if being levitated  by an unknown force beneath it steps out Hercules who strains to hoist it up as he roars in triumph and tosses it aside.

Hercules: another Victory for the Lion of Olympus,,Arrrgh!!

Gunna: Roaawr!  Grrr!!

Gunna roaring in response to Hercules both staring at each other growling and smiling as Gunna Jumps on his back and is lifted by Hercules as she roars toward the sky. Hercules turning toward the Dragon and then Thunderstrike.

Hercules: be merry, Thunderstrike.
 We won!

Gunna: we won, Dragon Slayers!
yeh! Errgh! 

the three gather around and begin to talk about what to do with the body knowing they cannot just leave such a large creature in the valley floor barely keeping it from reaching the town and it's ppl. 

Hercules:
we can chain it and throw it in a quarry it would be a another great feat for Hercules, you can help if you like.

As they talk they do not notice the Dragon slowly moving, it's eyes opening as it darts back and fourth looking for it's enemies. slowly rising as it inhales preparing to shoot a blast of mystic Dragon flame.
As it makes ready a spear flies through the air hitting it in the eye missing its brain but causing it to scream the flames spurts out in it's scream as it tries to turn back at it's intended target it's cry giving Thunderstrike warning enough to spin his mace and block the blast protecting his friends.  

Syr
: eyes open, you claim victory too soon!

The Dragon pulling the Spear from it's eye and snapping it to keep it from being used on it,  it backs away no longer able to fly it's wing ravaged by the Troll creature, it's options limited 
wounded and desperate it makes it very dangerous. Lyra with Amadeus beneath her arm land in time for the final battle the Dragon looks back and fourth at it's opponent roaring a challenge.

Hercules: why dont you take this one, i already bested it.

Gunna: yeh, you take this one, we already beat it.

Thunderstrike: gee, thanks guys.
what happen to your confidence?

Hercules:
i lost my sword, you still have your axe.

Gunna: here, take mine..

Hercules: no little one you may need it.

Thunderstrike ignoring them realizes they have to put it down quick already he knows his might and power is diminishing throwing his mace with all his might it strikes the Dragon across the chin as it attempts to avoid it. the Mace strikes it's target and returns to his hand but it confirms his suspicion as the Dragon shrugs off it's blow. The Dragon once more breaths fire on his Thunderstrike, Gunna and Hercules. Thunderstrike stepping forward spins his mace once more to block the attack to keep his teammates save. Lyra, Syr and Amadeus watch Thunderstrike beginning to falter already groaning in pain feeling the heat behind his mace it's magic already being sapped by the accursed land. 

Syr:
Amadeus!

Amadeus: i'm on it!

Amadeus runs to the team and puts his shield to use buying Thunderstrike type to recuperate from it's attack  Lyra  immediately leaps toward the Dragon tackling it's neck as she pounds on it and keeping its fire away from her friends. Syr running to Thunderstrike and his group as she tries to boaster their confidence.

Syr:
We must take it down, if the magicks of this land keeps us from our might.
 it will do the same to that Dragon. it grows weaker every second that passes!
 Now make ready and help Lyra or would you have her fight and die alone?!

Hercules running to help Lyra jumps unto the Dragon his might already diminishing does not stop him from landing ground shaking blows on the Dragon's chest. the team realizing it is not enough begin to analyze the creature for a possible weak spot. Syr and Gunna run to help their teammates like gnats on an elephant the Dragon attempts to scratch them off and roll on the ground pressing it's weight on Lyra and Hercules hoping to crush them. Syr and Gunna running up on it and leaping off at the right moment to keep from being injured and crushes. Thunderstrike wanting to help his teammates thinking something is wrong with him but not sure what yell at him for help. Thunderstrike staring at his hands as he tries to release his mace a cracking sound and muttering in pain as he stares as his hands that were fused to his mace as it was unable to absorb the heat and magical energy from the Dragon's flame... 

Amadeus: you need to use your chain!
Thunderstrike, do you hear me? 
your chain! 

Thunderstrike: i hear you! 

Thunderstrike looking up at his friends struggling buries his pain and feels the agony of grabbing his mace as well as loosening the chains on his other arm.. now with both Axe and Mace in hand runs toward the Dragon who attempts to shake of Lyra and Hercules off it.. Thunderstrike running leaps at the Dragons, The Dragon opening it's mouth prepares to fire at Thunderstrike, Thunderstrike responds by throwing his mace into the creatures mouth as it gulps in air for it's attack opening it's mouth wide the Mace flying within it's body stopping the Dragon from breathing fire. Thunderstrke then swings the Axe burying it deep into it's snout.  causing it to scream in pain, immediately Thunderstrike unravels his chain and wraps it around it's mouth keeping it shut. The Dragon stumbles back as a look of confusion and bewilderment appearance on it's face and slams down to the ground unable to move..

Hercules:
what just happen?!

Syr: Odin.

Lyra: What?!

Amadeus: it cant move? 

The Dragon attempts to drag itself digging it's claws to the ground and pull itself forward only able to  raise it's neck in deviance.

Thunderstrike:
One last enchantment. we need to kill it, quickly.

Gunna running toward the Dragon jumps on it's head and begs to be the one to kill it.. Amadeus hands her the last Iron sword while Syr show Gunna  the one place to place the kill strike at the base of it's neck between vertebrae for a merciful kill. The Dragon simply lying still allowing itself to be killed unable to put up with the agony unable to move it begs for it's own death as it groans in pain and snorts. the team watch Gunna plunge the iron sword into the Dragon's base of the neck killing it instantly. The Dragon begins to glow green causing Gunna to jump of in fear the team backing away, The Dragon begins to shrink back down to it's original elfin size,  Thunderstrike's mace  appearing protruding from the Elfin body as it begins to harden to rock.. Thunderstrike walking toward it painfully grips his mace and pulls it out as the elfin body crumples and turns into dust.

out of nowhere the holy monk comes out having witness the whole thing as he goes to confront the heroes, the Heroes seeing him groan and turn their back to ignore him not wishing to hear his insults and condescending comments. Suddenly the Sky begins to Darken as thunder is heard and lightning spiderwebs across the darken cloud sky.  A roll of fog flies across the frozen snow covered ground  making it hard to see.

Thunderstrike:
will this day never end?

Hercules:
aye, i too grow tired of this.

Lyra: we stopped them creatures and killed a Dragon, what else do we need to do? 

Voice: Nothing, child. you and your band of heroes have done enough.

As the team tries to look through the fog they see a dark jet black horse stepping through as it's hooves crack the frozen ground, snorting the fog rolls around it's snout, it's eyes glowing  reflecting back the little light the makes it through the fog.  Syr immediately takes a knee to the new arrival who looks down at her from his horse.  Gunna's eyes glow red as she peers through the fog and  crossing her arms in deviance turning her face away from the stranger in a pout.

Gunna:
i know who you are, i'm not scared of you.

Hercules, Thunderstrike and Amadeus look at the stranger still unable to see him clearly through the dense fog. 

the rider pointing at Hercules through the fog speaks,

Voice:
you i know, you have bn here before. 
but, again you do not belong here. 
go home Greek and forget this day.
Know that this day you will always be remember even if your names are lost to time, i will remember.

Hercules: i will never forget this day! it was a great Adventure.............

Hercules Vanishes from among his companions Amadeus and Thunderstrike get in a defense position from the sudden disappearance of their teammate.

Voice:
hold your weapons young Warriors, i have harmed him not.
he is home among his people, save.
none of  you belong here, this i do know.
the magicks of this land have been weaken and i see the cause and it shall be dealt with.
i thank you children for your deeds.

The cycle of Ragnarok has once again begun, i see young Thunderer.

Amadeus watches The Rider and his horse walks through the fog kicking up fog as it whirls and rises from it's movement as it stares at them... the fog cloud clear enough to allow the Monk to see the Rider having overheard it speaking... raising it's cross it mumbles and speaks in Latin hoping to pray the abomination away from it's sight. The Rider dismounts as he stares at the monk, Thunderstrike, Amadeus, Syr and Gunna watch to see who they know can only be Odin the Sky Father will do.

Amadeus:
i guess his world has been shattered.

Syr: do not speak in such tones in the presence of the All-Father.

Odin: you... 

The Monk looking away refusing to make eye contact to this false god angers Odin who grips him with a gloved hand raising and turning him from  his chin as he orders the Monk to peer into his eyes.

Odin:
obey me!

The Monk looking in his eyes screams in fear Odin eyes glowing the Monk's eyes glowing in response as  whatever has bn influencing the Monk is forcibly exorcised from its body. The green energy coalesces into a form  before Odin's feet the Monk falling back passing out in shock as he sees the demon that has come out from his body. Loki on the ground  groveling begs for mercy from the All-Father.

Loki:
Father, Lord Odin. it was just a game, i meant no harm.
These strangers, i knew not if they were friend or enemy, i simply wish to test them!

Amadeus: that's a lie! he was doing all this long before we even arrived!

Syr: aye, My Lord. thou son does lie.

Thunderstrike: so it was all Loki's doing?
 what a dick, no matter what time we're in.

Odin: you have been up to no good for many months Loki. 
your use of Sorcery and various arcane arts even using humanities beliefs.
nay, Loki this was more then a game you were up to more then just mischievous but schemes of  evil.

This land and it's denizen have bn plagued by you too long even hiding within a mortal. truly you have gone to far.

Odin Vanishes Loki who screams at the punishment that awaits him, whatever it may be. Odin 

Thunderstrike: why couldnt you have stopped all this?

Odin: Loki had convinced mortals in this land in this new religion, they're lack of belief is their right to choice. 
i cannot force them to worship me and ask me for aid. i do not come where i am not wanted. 
this will one day change as you are evidence of that but for now humanity must grow on it's own.

Amadeus: the crosses on the tree basically worked like magic runes having magic in it due to belief further keeping you away.

Odin: yes. you Green woman, what manner of magical creature are you?

Lyra: i am not magical ummm.. Lord Odin.
I'm human through changed by science.

Odin: science, humanity will come a far way. 
and you fearless one, what is your name?

Gunna: I am Gunna, The Troll!

Syr: she is only have Troll, Lord Odin.
she is also asgardian.

Odin: hmm.. a trollish asgardian, things have changed but that is life.
something change while other stay the same.
It is time for you to return to your time.

Lyra: what about the ppl here? it's not their fault what happen here.
 they need your help. they say the land has been frozen for a very long time and that it is summer.
some think you gods are sleeping so they dont pray to tell you for help. 

Amadeus: this was all Loki's fault will you fix it?

Odin: i will correct any harm my wayward son has wrought

Odin's eyes glow healing the trees removing the cross carvings and the various Runes placed on the landscape fully breaking Loki's spells. the land begins to thaw grass growing the land rejuvenating itself. creatures mystically being brought back to the land birds flying and not just animals but magical forest creature that have been hiding or abandoned their home begin to appear as they are  drawn to Odin's presence.. The Team look around as they see the fog that announced Odin's arrival disappear and see his horse has eight legs. butterflies and pixies appear flying around darting about and floating in front of Gunna as it speaks to Gunna and flies off.. Gunna smiling for only those touched by magic can see the splendor of the fairy and magical world. Odin smiling waves his hand and vanishes them back to their timeline. Odin mounting his steed prepares to leave as he turns back and sees the Monk wake up standing on his feet watching Odin ride off on his  horse Sleipnir who raises on his hind legs and kicking his front ones as it runs off toward an appearing rainbow in  the distance. The Monk runs off screaming in fear driving him mad, Odin could have easily wiped his memory but instead chose to allow the mortal to see and remember him without the aid of Loki he could not comprehend what was before him..

Monk:
And he rode on his horse and on it rode, Death! 
not pale but black as night! 
and hell followed with him!

The Monk running back to Town no one will ever believe what he has to say eventually he will end up in a mad house or a monastery  as he runs his feet strike the ground and far beneath it a world of magic of elves, imps, fairies of various races smile and chatter already sculpting their heroes in the middle lifted among the rest the small one, the Dragon Slayer.
the monk still screaming above the surface of the earth no one but perhaps the one new arrival who disembarks  the arriving ship in the harbor looking for Adventures and Labors to perform will believe him.  the stranger sometimes mistaken for a demigod, a man who carries many names has arrived in this land for his own quest of adventures for now he has taken the name of Hero.

Far away in the middle of the sea floats Hercules on top of a  wooden barrel the waves pushing him toward his homeland  Poseidon's sea knowing his nature seem to respond to the Godling making his journey pleasant as he finally arrives on sandy beaches of his homeland.. fisherman and various ppl see the stranger  arrive. Hercules slowly rises to his feet his Golden mace, his Wine Gourd safely fasten around him still wearing his Roman garbs.  Hercules  roars in deviance toward his gods for not allowing him to leave Greece and get past Rome,  The people thinking him crazy as the y walk past him or ignore him.  

Hercules: you would destroy a Roman ship and it's soldiers to keep me here,  Father!
Do you place no value on mortal life?! 
or did you let your brother bring my ship down and gave those brave men a watery grave without honor of dying in battle and partaking of thy gift?!

Hercules begins to walk toward the nearest town as he strips off his Roman armor leaving them on the beach and drinking his ambrosia, the waves crashing into the shores as it washes away his armor and footsteps into the sea. 

We may forget but the World still remains thanks to it's heroes..................The End....

Feel free to ask questions criticize i left a lot of things about this story vague so feel free to ask for clarification since this is the end of the my World Needs Heroes and i wont be making anymore stories.