Star Wars: Wookiee Hunt, Episode 2: Fett or Flight

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
DateStar Wars: Wookiee Hunt, Episode 2ViewRead the...
07/09/13Fett or Flight(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
RatingRating ExplanationLast Episode:
TMild violence. No regard for Star Wars continuity. Wookiee/ combbot relations.Tubacca

As the stormtrooper joined Fett at the edge of the dropoff, looking below, Fett said, “That is why there will never be a jedi wookiee. Let’s go.”

“Noted, sir,” answered the stormtrooper.

Fett shook his head as he retrieved his blaster. He hated stormtroopers. They were just like his father, minus free will, appreciable skill, and anything resembling a personality. He checked the charge on his weapon, holstered it, and started towards the trooper’s speeder bike. Why waste the jetpack, when he could catch a ride back to the ship?

No Caption Provided

He was about to mount the back of the bike, when something thumped the ground behind him. He snapped his head around quickly, only to find a wet tree branch laying near his feet. Then he heard the low growl of the wookiee, and looked up to see him floating towards him, from the edge of the cliff. “Jedi hell! How many times do I have to kill you?”

Fett grabbed for his blaster, but stopped short when he heard the charger whine of a blaster from off to the side. “I really wish you wouldn’t do that,” said a voice from the trees.

“Fine, I won’t do that,” answered Fett, turning towards the trees, his hands out to his sides. He jerked his hand up suddenly, and fired off a shot from his wrist laser. There was a hum as a lightsaber came to life in the shadow of the trees, and deflected the blast. The stormtrooper chose that moment to take his shot, but missed and was downed by the voice’s blaster. Fett was reaching for his blaster pistol, when his hand froze, and he couldn’t move his arm. He then found himself levitated off the ground, as the wookiee growled loudly.

“Tubacca doesn’t like it when people shoot at me,” said the voice, revealed to be a young woman, as she stepped from the trees. “I don’t much care for it either.”

With some difficulty, Fett turned his helmeted head towards the wookiee, and said, “And here I thought he was just mad because that branch got away from him.” The wookiee let out a low snarl. “Or maybe it’s because he’s wet as a drowned bantha.” Tubacca snuffled gruffly. Fett sneered, not that anyone could see it through his helmet. “So who’re you, kid?”

“The name’s ’Tar Solo, and I’m the one who’s mad about the wookiee being wet. Do you know how hard it’s going to be to get that smell out of my ship? Be glad you’re in that armor right now, is all I can tell you.” Tubacca stomped, letting out a short, indignant howl. ’Tar raised an eyebrow in her partner’s direction. “Oh, pipe down, furball. I bought you that combbot, didn’t I? A few towels and an hour with that, and you’ll be right in no time.” Something that might have been a purr came from the wookiee.

“Heartwarming,” Fett offered snidely.

“Careful,” chided ’Tar. “Tubacca is angry about the tree branch. First rule of playing with a wookiee: let the wookiee win.”

“I hate to lose,” countered Fett. “Maybe you could scratch him behind the ear later.” Tubacca growled and used the Force to shake him violently. In doing so, he turned Fett to face him. As the bounty hunter flopped back-and-forth, he tightened one of his legs, and a couple of darts fired from his knee pad. One lodged in Tubacca’s bandolier, and the other knicked his ear, causing him to lose his concentration and drop Boba to the ground.

’Tar acted quickly, simultaneously Force sweeping Tubacca to one side, and Force shoving Boba Fett to the other side of the clearing. “Run, you ape! Into the trees!” Tubacca howled angrily, but followed immediately. They heard a couple of blaster shots as they got to the trees, and as they became concealed by the tree coverage, they heard Fett’s jetpack fire up. “Oh, brother, I hope you’ve got the ship running!” The wookiee growled low as he ran. “Stop griping,” ’Tar called over her shoulder, “He’s not going to blame you!”

The bounty hunter’s jetpack whined overhead, and a few blasts from his disruptor rifle tore through the trees, coming nowhere near them. “He’s firing blind! Just get to the clearing! We’ll be covered from the ship!” Tubacca’s long legs had put him ahead of her now, and he reached the clearing first, but drew up short. ’Tar caught up quickly, and stopped only long enough to see Boba Fett dipping and diving in midair, furiously returning fire at the several weapons trained on him from the bronzed ship. She shoved the wookiee and shouted, “Run! Go! Get to The Copper!” They bolted across the clearing and up the cargo ramp, a shot from Fett sizzling the air behind ’Tar as she scrambled into the ship. She returned fire, and slammed her fist on the button to close the cargo hold.

As ’Tar and Tubacca ran into the pilot cabin, a young man was at the comm, punching buttons furiously, and glancing over his shoulder only long enough to yell, “What has that damned wookiee gotten us into now?” Tubacca whined in protest.

“Just get us the hell out of here, Drom!” ’Tar shouted at her brother. “Better yet, let the wookiee drive!”

“Forget it! I’m already in the seat, and he smells like a wet bantha!” Drom shouted, as the ship began to lift off, still firing weapons at Boba Fett. Tubacca huffed loudly. Drom smiled to himself, as The Copper Eagle barrel rolled through the atmosphere.

Tubacca dropped into a seat in the back of the cabin, and chortled agreeably as he called up the combbot program and punched the start button.

The bot started, and Drom complained, “Aw, no! Again? You're cleaning up the furballs, Furball!” The wookiee snarled. “Fine! Have it your way! But you will service the air purifier this time!” Tubacca curled his lip and huffed at Drom, then happily drummed his furry fingers on the console, as the combbot continued.

“A ship’s rising from the planet!” shouted ’Tar. She scanned a display, and added, “It’s the Slave I, Drom! Get this crate moving!”

“Relax!” called Drom. “This may not be The ’Falcon, but it’s still got hyperdrive. Leaving the galaxy’s best bounty hunter in our stardust, in three, two…” Drom’s countdown was interrupted by the ship rocking violently, and the sound of an explosion from the cargo area.

“We’ve been hit!” screamed his sister.

Drom’s hands blurred over the control console, trying to steady the ship. “I’m aware of that!” He hit a few more buttons, and The Copper once again returned fire on Boba Fett, and listed a little in its flight. Tubacca gave out a disgruntled arf. “Shut up, hairball! I’m flying the ship, you're flying the combbot!” His hands glided over the console, and he called out, “Hang on! I’m taking her into that asteroid field!”

The Copper tipped upwards at almost a ninety degree angle, spinning sideways as it did so, and angled around towards the biggest asteroid Drom could see. The cannons stuttered only long enough for Slave I to land one more hit on their tail section. The Copper listed more pronounced as it swung around the space rock, and from Slave I, Boba Fett saw a large explosion from the far side of the asteroid.

Fett checked his readouts, and saw that a TIE fighter was just escaping the planetary atmosphere, far behind him. He flipped a switch and transmitted to the surviving stormtrooper, “Let Lord Vader know that the contract is fulfilled, Empire credits are appreciated, and I will return in one week.”

“Sir?” asked the stormtrooper, plainly nervous about delivering Fett’s message.

“You heard me! Fett out!” Slave I leapt into hyperdrive and was gone.

The stormtrooper flipped his communication switch off, and slumped a bit in the cockpit. “Great," he said, then went silent, brooding while the TIE fighter engines whined in the background. "Stupid bounty hunter."

Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cbOriginally presented in: CCC #11.

Story, original characters and content are owned by Chris Bishop. Copyright Chris Bishop 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
OC Names:
Characters:Objects:
  • Solo, Drom
  • Solo, 'Tar
  • Tubacca
  • Copper Eagle, The
Comic characters used in this fic:
Picture Credits:
PictureCredit

He snapped his head around... "Jedi hell!..."

Boba Fett by ninjacompany on Deviantart

"It's the Slave I, Drom!..."

Slave I from CV wiki

"Stupid bounty hunter."

Tie Fighter- I originally found this through Google Images, but it appears to be from a screen capture shown on Necktie PUNS BLOG. I chopped it to pieces with MS Paint.
CCC #11 comments for Wookie Hunt, Part 2: Fett or Flight:
Column HeadColumn Head
...I'd rank you like this ...cbishop 2nd...4donkeyjohnson
Caught between cbishop and jatoe48er will re-read and ponder my choicebatkevin74
...my vote and it has been hard, but I'm going with jatoe48er ...where's the cbishop love?batkevin74
...I was expecting your legion of followers to sweep you into victory :)batkevin74
...<sigh> Maybe next contest.cbishop
.Fic-O-Pedia: cbishop. (My library of fics)Fic #006

Thanks for stopping in! :^D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop:

Fett shook his head as he retrieved his blaster. He hated stormtroopers. They were just like his father, minus free will, appreciable skill, and anything resembling a personality. He checked the charge on his weapon, holstered it, and started towards the trooper’s speeder bike. Why waste the jetpack, when he could catch a ride back to the ship?

He was about to mount the back of the bike, when something thumped the ground behind him. He snapped his head around quickly, only to find a wet tree branch lying near his feet. Then he heard the low growl of the wookie, and looked up to see him floating towards him, from the edge of the cliff. “Jedi hell! How many times do I have to kill you?”

Excellent opening to chapter 2.

Now I did the bit with Tar & Tubacca picking music reminded me more of Space Balls than Star Wars, but overall, this is good.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Yeah, there were two things going on there: 1) I just wanted a way to fit that song into the story - it's something I've loved since I was a kid. 2) Within the context of the CCC, I was going for comedy, trying to make the other writers laugh. I should've known better, really - you write something targeted to a limited audience, it usually doesn't read as well outside of that group. After the fetch scene in part 1 though, I couldn't help continuing to characterize Tubacca as a big goofy pooch.

Edit: 10/27/14: The song mentioned here is a favorite from childhood, called "What Do You Get A Wookie For Christmas (When He Already Owns A Comb)?" In the contest version of this story, I had worked the song into the story. It was in this version too, but I've since edited it out, because the Youtube link I was using for the video was disabled.
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You don't kill Wookies!! They are freaking adorable! Lmao. Awesome story by the way.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump so I can find it on forum. Edited from the contest version.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Wonder where my Trandoshan Brothers and Sisters were during this?

Let's go Hunting
Let's go Hunting