Wolves- Prologue

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

My name is Josef most people call me Joe, I am a werewolf. Before I start my story I feel I should clear up a few misconceptions. The full moon has nothing to do with our change nor is being a werewolf some horrible curse, we can turn humans into our kind but a lot of us, myself included were born this way. Secondly, this whole thing were it's thought that we're just normal people when not in wolf form, not true. We have all the attributes associated with our kind at all times the change just amplifies them. Next, silver bullets, they hurt like hell but won't kill us. We can only die by having our heads removed or being burned to ash. Recent movies and books have been pretty spot on about our feelings toward vampires, some scientist who researches our kind proved that there is actually a chemical response in our brains that makes it biologically impossible for us to feel anything but animosity toward them.

We aren't some wild beasts living on the out skirts of society, we live among you, we do have our own culture with laws and customs. It's my job to make sure my kind obeys those laws. I am an enforcer, basically the werewolf version of a cop which tends to be a little more intense than the human kind. Currently I'm on the hunt for one of my kind whose been killing humans which has been a serious no no for our kind for hundreds of years due to humanity's tendency to blame all of us for the actions of a few and get all lynch mobby.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

This story will have more to it in the following chapters, I just wanted to get the basic rules of this particular world out of the way first so I wouldn't need to explain the minor details later

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Excellent idea. I think this is essential for any modern ongoing story, especially in comics (and by extension, fan-fic, of course). DC and Marvel have so much history, it's almost impossible to compete with them. If you don't set up story rules and just enough of a backstory right away, it doesn't feel grounded enough, and can seem fly-by-night, compared to the much older series available (that we have grown quite comfortable with). This intro gives just enough for the reader to chew on and think about, so that they can jump into the first chapter without feeling like they've missed out on something. Great move.