Wolverine......swamped

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Wolverine

The swampland is a dangerous place to wake up without your clothes and your memory but it is just what happened to Logan the morning of Jan 3rd 2014. He felt like and animal and rushes for cover when the lightning strikes. Flash backs take him to the wars and explosions going off around him but his memory does not come back to him. A strobe light of activity on the road before him, he is one with the world around him , one with nature he blends in with the swamp. Logan rolls in the mud it covers him head to toe he moves in the shadows a memory comes to him of the clan of ninja.

"One must be the shadow do not blend with it make it part of yourself." The teacher became like family the family long dead.

Logan still does not know his own name but he knows how to stay alive as the enemy lowers themselves from a massive ship and begin the scan for him. "Use the magic of the ninja Logan" The whisper from the past comes to him it reminds him of his training.

Logan He thinks but the name means nothing to him..."SSgt what are you doing standing around do something" The flash backs are driving him insane...He moves through the shadows and one by one takes out the patrol before him. They will live but the bruises will be around for days.

Onto the ship and room by room never using a single door.. "I will teach you our ways Logan but you must never show another living soul" He can see the Master Ninja teaching him everything and not just one but many of them through the years.

Soon he stand before the pilot and he bows before he tosses him out the door and lifts off into the air.

I am wolverine he thinks.

Not once did he use his claws for it was not needed. He is drawn to a place with others like him a battle is about to begin and he feels the need to join in. How many wars has he been in? How many more will he fight till he simply says enough.

Logan smiles as he puts the ship on auto pilot. A fine day to be alive he thinks, A fine day indeed.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@arthurkerr: He felt like and animal and rushes for cover when the lightning strikes. Flash backs take him to the wars and explosions going off around him but his memory does not come back to him.

An animal. Flashback is one word.

Your opening paragraph is a little frenetic, seems like you're almost trying too hard to push around the confusion and chaos.

It's a bit odd but I'll read the next chapter. Write it up!

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks....

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

@arthurkerr: Pretty good story. Just make sure to correct the mistakes before posting it. To be honest with you, it was bit hard to read. I'll correct it for you, so you can get the idea of correcting mistakes. I'll also be there to correct as much. But it's very important to check the errors. Sometimes, the MS Word won't correct those mistakes for you (Unless, you're using Notepad or some other program). So you have to correct it on your own. Do the best you can and you'll have your story much more readable.

Here goes...

The swampland was a dangerous place to wake up without clothes and memories, but it was just what happened to Logan the morning of Jan 3rd, 2014. He felt like an animal, rushing for cover when the lightning struck. Flashbacks took him to the wars and explosions going off around him, but his memory didn't come back to him. A strobe light of activity on the road came before him. He was one with the world around him, one with nature that he blends in with the swamp. Logan rolled in the mud as it covered him with head to toe. He moved within the shadows as a memory came back to him, the clan of ninja.

Okay. You need to make sure of the past and present tense (Sometimes, I have trouble with that) When you're using the word, "is" like the swampland is a dangerous place. It sounds like someone is saying from his first person view. You're using a narrative here to describe the character and the surroundings around him. So it should be was. The rest had some missing words. Also, beware of the commas. You need to add those to get the story flowing in a sentence.

"One must be the shadow. Do not blend with it. Make it part of yourself." The teacher became like family, the family long dead.

Logan still didn't know his own name, but he knew how to stay alive as the enemy lowered themselves from a massive ship and began the scan for him. "Use the magic of the ninja, Logan." The whisper from the past came to him and reminded of his training.

Logan, he thought but the name meant nothing to him. "Sgt, what are you doing standing around? Do something." The flashbacks drove him insane. He moved through the shadows, and one by one took out the patrol before him. They might live, but the bruises will be around for days.

Soon he stood before the pilot. He bowed. Then, he lifted and threw him into the air.

I am Wolverine, he thought.

Not once, he used his claws for it wasn't much needed. He was drawn to a place with others like him. A battle was about to begin and he felt the need to join in. How many wars he had been in? How many more will he fight till he simply says enough?

Logan smiled as he puts the ship on auto pilot. A fine day to be alive, he thought, A fine day indeed.

I'd like to see more of this story unless it's a one-shot. Keep up the good work.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By arthurkerr

wow thanks it was supposed to go on the 15 minute thing but it says I posted to much on that lol. Batkeven74 made me feel bad so I had to write a beginning chapter and who knows if I will continue it or not. He is such a rich character that is for sure. I always seen him as he is in Air Walker such old soul. To do the character justice is my only concern for he truly has so much to offer you can get lost in the possible. As always it was just food for thought. I love to play with characters and give and idea or two for those whom truly are gifted with words. Hoping they can see that some of the characters such as Wolverine have more to give then most give him credit for.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow thanks it was supposed to go on the 15 minute thing but it says I posted to much on that lol. Batkeven74 made me feel bad so I had to write a beginning chapter and who knows if I will continue it or not. He is such a rich character that is for sure. I always seen him as he is in Air Walker such old soul. To do the character justice is my only concern for he truly has so much to offer you can get lost in the possible. As always it was just food for thought. I love to play with characters and give and idea or two for those whom truly are gifted with words. Hoping they can see that some of the characters such as Wolverine have more to give then most give him credit for.

No problem.

Oh, I see. 15-minute or not, it's wise to get the errors done correctly. I've already learned that correcting errors is very important. It's essential in crafting a unique story. It's not easy, but once you keep noticing the mistakes, read them over and you'll do fine. That's what I do most of the time and yes, sometimes you don't notice these errors. Likewise, you can go back, read them again and correct them.

I'm a big fan of Wolverine. I've been writing much about him in the past and present from a first-person viewpoint. He's definitely an interesting character. There are lots of stories you can tell about him. I liked to see your take on the character, if you're continuing to write the story.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

No problem.

Oh, I see. 15-minute or not, it's wise to get the errors done correctly. I've already learned that correcting errors is very important. It's essential in crafting a unique story. It's not easy, but once you keep noticing the mistakes, read them over and you'll do fine. That's what I do most of the time and yes, sometimes you don't notice these errors. Likewise, you can go back, read them again and correct them.

I'm a big fan of Wolverine. I've been writing much about him in the past and present from a first-person viewpoint. He's definitely an interesting character. There are lots of stories you can tell about him. I liked to see your take on the character, if you're continuing to write the story.

Thank you , I started the story fresh and new just for Batkeven74 it is called Wind Walker. I am playing with a idea I have wanted to do for years and years about a soul far older then he seemed. One that started his journey when the world was young. Maybe he forgets himself from time to time to stay sane. It is a work in progress.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: You're welcome.

Nice. I'll look forward to it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@arthurkerr: I made you feel bad because I pointed out two spelling mistakes, said it was a little frenetic at the start and would read more...?

Don't worry your pretty little head about me making you feel bad ever again Arthur, I will now avoid everything you write from now on in. No more chance of me offending you. You and me, we're done!

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: I made you feel bad because I pointed out two spelling mistakes, said it was a little frenetic at the start and would read more...?

Don't worry your pretty little head about me making you feel bad ever again Arthur, I will now avoid everything you write from now on in. No more chance of me offending you. You and me, we're done!

wow your funny , no you made me feel bad because I did not intend to write a full story. I was upset because somebody on another board had pointed out that wolverine was not on the same par as Batman , not smart enough or on that level. I was attempting to show otherwise. I was in no way upset or worried over my spelling mistakes or anybody's spelling what so ever. It simply is not how I role. But I will say I am getting better then where I was out in the past and thank you for the attemps to make my stories better. In most cases I love to create a story and if others like it. Well that is awesome but as anybody would say. I write to see a picture for myself. If others like it to awesome if not I am not offended in the least. It would be nice if people liked what I had put down for it is the spice of life and one reason why anybody shares to find those of like mind. To see those whom can not only see what you want to say but make it better.

Life is to short to worry over small things. I should have said something before when I thought somebody had taken what I said the wrong way lmao but no that is not what I meant what so ever. When people pay us for our works, then I will seek out a editor and worry long hours over a few words misspelled or anything of the like. I however have not received any gains other then somebody saying...Nice job I like your work. That in itself is great food for thought and keeps most going on.

The world is a huge place. As a youtube video pointed out...nobody got time for that lol. Love the art not the artist for we are all flowed in the end and need a little team work to make it through the day. What I should have said and think I did was. Thank you for your help you inspired me to write more as you see I already did. But that to more then likely is filled with flaws. Hope anybody that reads my works knows that it is not the spelling but the raw idea that I wish to impart on the world. When I read others works I only look to story, never to anything but that. A great work should flow in your mind and be like a movie. I do see your point, if you do not wish to read my idea's in the future I say thank you for reading my thoughts in the past I enjoyed your visits. Next time I will have better things to drink, eat and partake of when you come. Please feel free to stop in again when the worlds begin or when they end. It is simply words coming together to form a thought. The thought is simply. Thank you for your time and understanding.