Wiki Stub: 5CRU- Heat Seeker Reborn- Annual 1

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

Edited By dngn4774

Heat Seeker Reborn > Heat Seeker Reborn- Annual 1 released by the 5th Column Reborn Universe on July 1, 2015

"Fever Dreams"

Short summary

Jonathan "Nate" Thames, also known as Heat Seeker, recalls a recurring nightmare that he can only describe as a "world of fire." Thames's subconscious forces him into interact with the ghosts of his past, present day friends and foes, and threats to his imminent future.

Spoiler Points/Trivia

• Nate awakens on the kitchen floor (his last location in 5CC's Heat Seeker 2). Briefly before recognizing the World of Fire he hallucinates that he has been moved outside into an alleyway.
  • The schoolbag filled with drugs in the alleyway has an image of Crazy Cat. Crazy Cat is the universe equivalent of Demon Dog, both being kids tv show characters.
  • During his fight with Wind Duster, Brooks calls him his nemesis. This could mean that Nate either believes he is still a villain or a much less honorable hero than Wind Duster.
  • In another hallucination, Wind Duster is replaced by the Quans and Mr. Yun. Yun calls Heat Seeker a coward, referring to the fact that Nate has not faced Yun since he switched sides (joining the CBTF).
  • Nate is saved by CBTF's Last Resort. During Last Resort's cameo, they briefly suggest that he stands to improve the value of his life if he becomes a hero.
  • While burying Nate alive in the cemetery, Bryce Conrad Durst reminds Nate of the two most destructive moments of his past: Nate's overdose, and his first murder.
  • Comments from Alpha and details of Tessa's appearance indicate that Nate's girlfriend was gangraped and presumably murdered during his absence.
  • Both Tess and Bryce call him a traitor. In the dream Tess call him a traitor for abandoning her when she needed him the most. Bryce's views Nate as a traitor for informing the Police of their illegal narcotics operation.
  • Heat Seeker digs himself out of the grave only to experience a fourth hallucination a top Scahill Tower. He begins to experience disastrous side effects when his utilizer device seizes control over his body.
  • Unlike other dreams where he destroys his city, Heat Seeker battles a gigantic beast that flings fireballs from the sky. The unknown beast is the true creator of the World of Fire, claiming dominion over this portion of Nate's subconscious.
  • Heat Seeker loses the battle but uses the fire within himself to become one with the alien threat.
  • Despite experiencing problems with restoring Nate's utilizer, Dr. Clayton proudly reports her success to Tori Scahill.

Creator(s)

@dngn4774

Characters

Heat Seeker

Wind Duster

Mr. Yun

Genghis Quan

Kublai Quan

Morris Pfeifer

Cobalt

Zack Attack

The Every

Alpha

Tessa Lange

Victoria Scahill

Unkown Alien

Rockstar Jones

Elouise Clayton

Groups

Scahill Umbrella

CBTF

Carriers

Yun Crew

Last Resort

Insurgency

Locations

World of Fire

Amber City

Darkhaven

Nate's Apartment

Alleyway

Abandoned Building

Cemetary

Diamond's Point

Scahill Tower

Fort Middleton

CBTF Headquarters

Unnamed Bunker

Concepts

Stardust

Crazy Cat

Carrier

Objects

Utilizer

Story Arcs

User Reviews

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Just so we're clear, Heatseeker happened in 5th Column but to him it was a hallucination...is this correct? Because the Quans, Wind Duster's crossover, star dust all came out of Heatseeker.

He's in his universe, popped into ours and is back in his...I think I got that, unless I totally missed the point

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: I think it's more like universal reflections. The heatseeker in the regular 5th column is still around, just not being used at the moment.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dngn4774

@batkevin74: No. 5th Column wasn't a hallucination to him. Essentially this current storyline is a flash forward event is based on where the mainstream Heat Seeker story could've gone if certain elements in the universe were different. As far as the mainstream universe is involved the original Heat Seeker is passed out on the kitchen floor in some drug coma limbo unless I or another writer changes that.

@knightofthechronicle: Bingo!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

"the original Heat Seeker is passed out on the kitchen floor in some drug coma limbo unless I or another writer changes that." Hmmmm :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hmm interesting indeed, sorry about the late comment BTW. Seems solid to me, ultimate Heatseeker seems to be in a bad way though. As for mainstream Seeker, looks like he's food for the Buzzard if he doesn't awaken soon.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ultimate Universe of 5th Column. Sweet! Could be fun.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dngn4774
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Yes, I have it open with about 12 other tabs. I'm going to try to finish up the reborn pm first then I'll read it to check if it makes sense. I'll also check with you after in case the universe changes I list in the new pm gives you different ideas on what to do.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

So you expect one of these for every issue? I'm a little confused on that rule.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: I'd appreciate it but I won't make any of the wiki stubs mandatory. I get how doing this might become frustrating over time.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dngn4774: Ah, I see. Makes sense.

Alrighty then.