arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

The scorching heat

I hear my name called from the streets , and other words like yeller belly , snake in the grass lower then the under belly of a hell hound. Surter makes my blood boil. I relive the past when I looked down at my hammer laying in the dust of the darkest of moons and I could not lift it.I thought about the times She had been by my side, the battles we won the worlds we saved and I hung my head low. I thought long and thought hard and then I walked away and never looked back. My father came to me he said we have to track down the yellow belly bastards that took away my honor and my worth. The hammer would be around for me when I won the day , Mjolnir would return when she was ready. I opened the package marked he whom holds the thunder holds the lightning. I looked up at the delivery person , Loki and Amora. My part time lover and full time brother."we need another in the agency brother" Loki looked at me with those eyes I had seen so many times in so many trials by our father Odin. Amora came to me she put her hands on my shoulders and she massaged the bitterness away.I opened the package from father to son enjoy your vacation. Two of the most massive pistols known to man or god I held them in my hands.

I reached through the warrior memories and became one with the knowledge on shooting and speed draws. The more I learned the more I enjoyed the feel of the weapons in my grasp. "what kind of ammo do they take "Loki smiled , and produced a case of ammo. "All kinds of fun stuff my brother take your pick" I looked at the box and decided to take it all. "so is this a yes you will join" asked Loki? "Get out and let me think" I yelled and tasted my ale. Amora and Loki got up to leave when I grabbed her hand. "Not you" I smiled at her "just him....A few days later we talked about the first job. Somebody had stolen some of Surters powers and was on the world of humans in the past. I ached to try out the guns , I went over to see Sif and she asked me how Amora was doing. We would get together later the three of us and talk about the details of castle life. I spent the day with her and we practiced shooting. She was a fast learner. Father let me use his horse and I swore he would return well and happy. I knew nothing on this world could hurt her it was not a problem. Mother was in on this deal she talked to Loki about the plans. The guns hung from my hip I replaced my armor with the look of the old western cowboys. Sif and Amora winked at me from the castle." I could get to like this Loki" I told my brother. He adjusted his own guns and wished me luck. Off on his own man hunt we traveled alone on this journey."Amora will be down in the tavern with father waiting on you if you need help they will do what they can but, He paused. I doubt you will need help" "The crate will refill with Ammo at sunrise if you need more "Mother hugged me and I waved to the figures far away looking at me. A barrel of Ale in a special container I could carry in my pocket. That would not last me a week I thought. They would catch up , I cared not for it was time to be off. Sleipnir bowed to me and I climbed on. "Through time and Space I said take me to my first trial. "This was my first bounty and hoping it would become one of many. I would be shooting from the hip on this one as I learned it was called. To just wing it , to go from gut instinct. We came from the portal into a blast furnace of a place. Whom ever stole some of Surters power would find this place right at home.

two crows circled over head. I waved to father and they winked at me. My eyes were strong , I could see them both and had known them since childhood. The eyes and ears of Odin.

Moments later I could hear the rustle of feet and the soft growl of wolves. It was them. Fathers Wolves come to keep me from harm. I wondered why he worried so. I smelled more the what was first bargained on. I smelled death and decay. I looked closer at my pistols and I felt the spirit of each.

Thunder in one hand and in the other Lightning. They sang music when fire together. Hell comes calling and the suitor is Thor. Out of the hell before me , through the fumes and heat they rode out of the desert. Giants with flame swords , Giants with clubs and ice giants with powers and worse of them used magic. I looked at my first day on this job and this is what I would come against. This is my right by fire into the Agency a group sworn to protect the world and all the worlds of the realm.

I fired a round over the heads of those closest and it was supposed to warn them.

It split in the air and rained down fire and razor sharp steal. They screamed in pain. I drew lightning and fired a round at the group using magic. It split before them and pierced hearts and brains. Death came from Lightning when she struck. Thunder Echoed a blast it rolled and rolled through the cold sand of the desert.I was beginning to like the life of the old western hero. I blasted a whole so large in the last giant in the front row that the rest simply took off running for life and limb. I holstered my weapons and looked to the desert and my target I could feel in the distance. Back in the old saloon I looked out the window and called the thunder and called the rain. It poured it hailed and he stood waiting on me. He had a look of one pulled from the depths of hell itself and he came from worse then hell. He smiled at me , he licked his lips as the flames danced on his brow as I reloaded. Stepping into the street I could see the figure playing with his guns and then he put them away. Two steps into the street. His eye twitched. His hand jerked. The gun he had on his hip went to meet his hand. I scratched my chin , whipped my brow and let out a sigh. I had the knowledge of the best fun fighters to ever grace any world running in my mind. I drew shot all rounds and put my companions back before he even put fingers on the trigger. The crater was larger then the town itself almost. I laughed and let myself sink into the roll of the gun fighter. Amora took my hand and led me back to my room. I enjoyed my ale. I left my spurs at the door and took the week off.