What hooks you on a story off the gate?

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whoisme

(Before getting into my personal agenda, I just want to say that you can use this thread to talk about what factors draw you to a story in general or ask your own questions about why your story doesn't seem to be appealing as you thought it was)

Recently I posted a story called "This Could be the End". It has 32 views and 2 comments (both posted by me). Before, I posted a story that got 200 views and four comments in the same amount of time. So I want to know what the difference is. Is the writing off? Is the title bad? Is the subject not appealing to people? What gives?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@whoisme: You crack the code you let me know. It's all a bit random and arbitrary. I have no real answers, a few examples of oddness though.

Here's my Batman Vs Darth Vader fan fic, take a look http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/batman-vs-darth-vader-637113/#131

It's okay, nothing flash just a balanced fight between the two. It has 13,000+ views. No idea how, but it made it to the first position if you type Batman Vs Darth Vader into Google.

Just write, don't worry if people view or comment. It's nice if they do, it does give you a nice feeling of "being read" but it's just fan fic.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Presentation gets my attention.

Relatability hooks me in (or the art).

(+)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Subject content. Genre, setting, and Titles, all seem to be the first thing to catch my interest.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think the genre draws me in, the story keeps me there and the characters make me want to read more issues/books/chapters