What does this make you think of. What story ideas can you come up with?

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He came from the night. Boiling blood and mangled mind. His steps could be identifiable as what deaths steps would be. His gaze seemed to drain your mind. His touch like the touch of a sword which was certain to have killed you but no pain was felt.

Who is this monstrosity, he is called Hades. And he has come for you.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It certainly makes me want to write an Ancient Greek style epic poem.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

A short story called 'Time of Death?'

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespiritstalker: Sounds interesting! Quite convenient that your name is spirit talker and this is about death.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Prior to you giving the monster a name, I imagined a story of a young boy lost in the woods. Real dark and eerie like.

Afterwards, I dunno a classic Greek epic of a dude overcoming God's.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project_worm: Actually they can both work. I get around it by saying that the "gods" were actually superpowersd beings and that each name was passed along to the person fitting the powers and description of the god. This one could be the first hades and therefore the first idea could still work, although a little different.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@admirallogic: Yeah, you're right. Just that in the fist "story" I would like to suggest that maybe the stuff the kid is seeing isn't there. While also giving the impression that it's possible he stepped into Hell on earth.

If I were to have a character like Hades I wouldn't be able to help myself from adding some exposition for him. Which would clarify that yes Hades is after this kid and no he's not just having a breakdown.

But that's just me...

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until I saw the word Hades I was getting a grim reaper/death sort of vibe, like a cross between a horror monster/demon and the grim reaper.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: Actually Hades is often used as something like a grim reaper in media.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: Yeah I know, my mental image was a more along the lines of Death from Darksiders, though when I read the word Hades I started imagining the Greek Hades.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: It seems the very name hades always throws people off. If you read greek mythology I assume that's who your mind switched to, to be honest he's way better than a lot of the other gods ESPECIALLY Zeus. Everyone is better than Zeus, hades did about ONE bad thing. It was REALLY bad but Zeus did it many many times, kidnapping women.i think the god of blaksmiths might be the only good one.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: Yeah that word does throw some off, as it just did to me. Though I agree, I think Hades is the coolest of the Greek gods tbh, forget Zeus and Poseidon, Hades is better than both to me lol

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: I only have ever used two gods in my stories, hades and apollo who I decided was actually hades. So I really just used hades.