Western Wolverine, Chapter 2- Dead City

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity

Note- Western Wolverine is part of Marvel Genesis continuity and sets in a divergent timeline of the Old West. The timeline was created due to Deadpool’s silly actions. For more information regarding what happened, read Chapters 52-55 of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Western Wolverine (4 Parts).

No Caption Provided

Western Wolverine, Chapter 2- Dead City

Almaro was also known as Dead City. I had to come here, just to cross over to the southern town of Camridge. Apparently, there were lots of dead bodies, which they got piled around like a piece of $h!t. The smell almost overwhelmed me. I couldn’t stand the stench of it. I might as well have to get a horse of my own, and ride along the way to the town and find the b@$t@rd, who killed my girl.

A group of black birds hovered around the sky, lookin’ for some dead meat. It’s been too long that I had been here. I recalled that I was part of some war. There wasn’t memory left intact in my mind much, but I’m pretty sure that I know some things from the past. There were soldiers, those Mexicans, rallyin’ against the Americans from takin’ their land. The Americans also took their women, beautiful ones. Heh! It’s funny how I could say it. But yea...I do remember that one. I used to be one of those baddies, who liked to fool around with beautiful women. But those things have changed, when I’ve met Silver Fox.

I walked over the rubble, where ashes could be seen and some parts of random dead skeletons were touched by some ravens. They came to look for the meat. But there wasn’t any of it left. The war happened a long time ago. It’s not like the ravens or the crows can find anythin’ right now. The past is the past. The black birds kept lookin’ for it and then later went up the sky. I was alone again.

The buildings were broken into pieces. All the rubble and some other $h!t that I couldn’t recognize, had been tumbled over the other small buildings. It looked like those small buildings were houses of some kind. The sky was about to go dark and I had to find a place to rest for a while till I resume my journey the next day. Hopefully, I could reach Camridge. The problem...it will take at least two days, which is why I needed some d@mn horses. I whistled just to see if there was any horse nearby or that they must be sleepin’ along with the dead. I should’ve stolen one of the Apache Indians’ horses. Then again, I have to face them off, not to mention Silver Fox’s boyfriend.

Her first name was Kayla. I don’t know why I just call her last name, Silver Fox all the time, maybe it’s because she was a brave warrior. At first, her father didn’t approve of what she had become. Her boyfriend didn’t mind either. She was trained by her grandfather, who was an expert in bows, arrows, daggers, and among other things. Kayla was so strong that she wouldn’t even stand back down or quit her trainin’. She told me all the hardships that she had to endure. It’s kinda like how I used to have one back in my younger days.

Rose sat on a bench, readin’ some newspaper. It came from Daily Bugle in the north side of the Old West. This was the first time, I saw an American newspaper.

“Hey Rose,” I said, comin’ over to her after tendin’ the horses in the Howlett Ranch. “What you’re readin’ there?”

“Just some news,” Rose didn’t look over to me. She focused solely in the paper, which headlined some article regardin’ some discovery found by Abraham Cornelius. I didn’t care much about the news. I just hear it comin’ outta people’s mouths. Likewise, I had a crush on her. It had been so many times, I’ve wanted to confess my feelings towards her. I guess it’s now the right time.

“Rose...” I paused, still lookin’ at her red hair. She was so beautiful that you could kiss her red lips and touch her warm hair. Ever since the day I met her, there was some spark ignited in me. Those feelings had taken a toll over me for a couple of months. She came to work for the Howletts, so that she could earn some money of her own and planned to move to the other towns of the Old West.

“What is it, Logan?” Rose flipped through the papers, readin’ another article about Howard Stark’s latest campaign for technological innovations. I didn’t give much thought about what to say to her. If I had taken some rest, it wouldn’t be a problem.

“I love you, Rose.” I confessed. “I’ve been wanna to tell you this.” Rose laid the paper on the table, and this time she looked at me.

The night was dark and cold that I couldn’t even sleep. Every piece of dried $h!t flew through my nose. I just wanted to leave here at any moment now. But at least, I don’t sleep with those dead people here. Not even inside this old buildin’.

A sound came over to my ears. I had to wake up and see what the hell was goin’ on out there. It could be some robbers for all I know. How many of them there could be? It didn’t matter much. Anyways, I went outside the crashed buildings and saw some dark figures, lurkin’ around the dead bodies. I looked closely at them. It seems to me that these people were dead or not dead yet. I might as well have to cover myself from this $h!t.

The dead things came at me. There were almost hundreds of them. They had those red eyes that could easily freak some human out. Of course, I ain’t scared of $h!t. I’ve been there for such a long time. I’ve unleashed my adamantium claws and slashed them over. The body parts came tumblin’ over the rubble. One of them had fangs, ready to bite my solid neck. I’ve wondered if these things were actually dead or just came back to life after I had come here. They ain’t no restin’ in peace, that’s for sure.

The female thing came behind me. I could smell her and the same time, I fought these things with my sharp weapons. It wasn’t easy dealin’ with these kinds of creatures. There was news about them. They ain’t zombies for that matter.

Then another figure passed through me. But it wasn’t the dead thing or the zombie, which I thought it was. A black guy with some black hat stabbed their hearts one by one with a wooden stake. All of them dropped down dead. He looked over me, threw the wooden stake at the female thing. It went right through her heart. The female became dead again.

The black guy approached me and slid his wooden stake right at the side of his pants. His hat almost lowered the half of his face, which you couldn’t tell of who this person was.

“Howdy,” the black guy said. “Mind telling me what you’re doing here?”

“I might have to ask ya the same question...whoever you are.” I’ve put my sharp weapons back into my knuckles. This guy had the appearance of some gunslinger. But he ain’t any gunslinger to me.

“I’m just hunting things,” the black guy said. “They’re everywhere. It’s best you shouldn’t be here.”

“I had to break it to ya...But I ain’t gotta horse. You mind if I can borrow yours or do you have an extra?” I don’t know if he was goin’ to allow me for the ride. But if what he said was true, then I had to make my journey a fast one.

“I have only one,” he scanned the place to see if more of those dead things were comin’ after us. “But you can come with me for a ride. Name one place and I’ll take you there.”

I’ve told him my story. It’s not like I can expect this guy to help me find the killer. Like he said earlier, he only hunts dead things. I wonder what they were. Maybe, I could ask him durin’ the ride.

“Sure, pal,” I smiled. “By the way, the name’s Logan. What’s yours?”

“Eric Brooks,” the black guy raised his hat over to reveal his true appearance. “But you can just call me Blade.”

To be continued in Western Wolverine, Chapter 3- Blood Drive.

Wow! We got Blade? What’s going to happen next, now that Logan had to get off early to reach Camridge? Will these dead things lurk in the night, hunting our heroes? Find out in the next chapter of Western Wolverine. The smell of their blood drives me nuts. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.