War: The Rise of Ares.. Part 2

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King
 The army of Hades arrive in tow of Ares after marching for hours.. Captain Remus gives the command to hold as he separates himself from his army and walks toward  Lord Hades Castle walking up it's steps to meet the gate guards.. Ares and the possessed Golem of Loki stare and attempt to listen as Captain Remus speaks to the guard.  the guards looking down at their prisoner opens their gate and allow passage to a select few and the prisoner... The guards raise their horns as they both blow a warning of visitors...  

As the small band step forward and head toward the Castle doors of the Lord Hades while soldiers beside them glare at them and prepare to attack at the slightest hesitation.. suddenly the Doors swing open as Lord Hades marches out to greet his guest.. Lord Hades eyes glow as he looks at the small band of  Captain's Remus and pleasantly surprised to see Ares in shackles...

Hades: what have we here?!
Remus my loyal captain. thou  never ceases to amaze me.
 bring him here..

Remus:
yes my lord(signs to the golems as they drag Ares to Hades).

Ares looking up to greet his uncle's gaze..

Ares: Uncle Pluto
i have come to ask thee for help.

Hades: you come?! more like you were dragged(smiles)
tell me Son of Zeus why should i help thee?!

Ares: have we not bn allies in the past?

Hades: allies when it suited you or me.
though we are family we are not friends!
you would betray me as easily as you would betray your father!

Remus walks to Lord Hades as he whispers in his ears as Ares watches and attempts to hear...

Ares:
it's bn said time long past, that only cowards need whisper!

Hades angrily stares at the message given to him by his most loyal of Captains...

Hades: you dare, Ares?!
you say you come wishing help and you banish one of my most loyal of Captains to Tartarus?!
you betray me and usurp my right to command of those who have drank from the Lethe?!
Clearly you come to challenge my rule! it was you who did all this.. i felt it the moment i saw thee Omen!

Ares:
what madness to you speak?!
thou see enemies where there is none! 
this was your doing, uncle not I!

Hades: enough!
would you deny what you have done to Achelous?!

Ares: it was he who attacked me and denied me the ability to explain!
It was his stupidity and rage that killed him!

Hades: bring him! 

Hades turns to walk back into his Castle toward the Main Hall, his Throne Room.. the Castle is dank and gloom as torches barely providing antiquate  light... Hades untrustworthy of any as most of his guards are nothing more then spiritual golems.... Hades sit upon his Throne and snaps his fingers for his servants.. on his right is the form of a mortal woman pale and wary yet still beautiful.... within moments another soul approaches behind a curtain bringing Lord Ares a plate of fruits.. these souls unlike the rest still retain their memory and are tormented by their choices made that now haunts them in the afterlife a consequence of their reckless actions upon the land of the living..

The golems begin to shackle Ares to the floor in front of Lord Hades Throne... Loki biting his time as he tries his best to show no emotions.. looking at Lord Hades as he sits in his Throne and beside it what he had come looking for an Axe that leans upon the a skyfather's Throne. 

Loki and the rest back away behind Ares and await the will of their god. Ares angrily strains at his shackles...

Hades: tell me Ares, how did you do it?!

Ares: do what Uncle?

Hades: cause such chaos in my realm....
i can feel your rage effecting my realm seeping into the souls of my least faithful servants..

Ares:  i told  you uncle i had nothing to do with this!
It was your actions of robbing my father of his rule!

Hades: bah! without him. 
my power should have bn supreme!
but it is not!

I know it was you! I knew it was you prior to you coming to my realm!
the signs was there!

Ares: what madness do you speak of?!
my arrival here was not my choice.. are you so paranoid that do you not know what i am?!
I be Dead! killed in battle by a powerful mortal!

Hades reaches beside his Throne and grabs the Axe as he stands and pushes aside the servant knocking his plate and fruit onto the ground... Remus standing aside stares at his god and master's actions..

Hades: away from me fool!(shoving the servant)
This! i can sense thy stench of blood and War on this accursed Weapon!
your weapon! your Omen!

Ares: i have never seen it before in my life!

Hades: but it is your Omen  none the less!
It arrived shortly before the uprising began!
crashing into my realm forcing those around it to become enraged!

Loki seeing Hades gripping the Axe becomes anxious and worried.. but, realizes the fool is so paranoid that he has yet to unlock its power.. the power of the Bloodaxe was not meant for one such as Hades..

Hades: Dead, you say!(smiles).
 perhaps, Only you of all the gods is stupid enough to be killed by a mortal!
better yet, you came to challenge my rule as well.. that i cannot allow!

Ares: what do you plan to do?!

Hades: if i send you to Tartarus, you would simply forge an allegiance and challenge me later.
you do not deserve the Elysium fields.. i will torture you until you confess your treachery and then i will offer you the gift of the lethe.
Son of Zeus a mindless servant of Hades, how does that sound, "Lord" Ares?

Ares: i think you are Mad!
I'll get free and i will strangle you with my own hands!!
you'll beg me for the embrace of Mistress Death herself!

Hades:
thou are a fool i be death itself i cannot die!

Ares: We'll see!
your grip on this realms slowly slips.. your power wanes soon those you called allies and servants will turn on you!
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Dark King
Loki secretly watches Hades mocking Ares as he stands behind unseen and ignored believed to be a simple mindless soul, Loki taking this opportunity begins to whisper and flex his fingers while keeping his arms to his side as he cast a spell.. staring at the Remus he smiles as he weaves his spell of illusion before turning to the other mindless spirits and doing the same.

Hades quite mad is easily taken advantage of by Loki's spell as Hades yells at Ares who struggles from his shackles he glimpses up to see an unexpected sight that of his hated Brother Zeus who stares at his actions...

Hades: you?!
How?

Remus:  Lord Hades?!

Enraged by the sight of his brother, Hades charges at Zeus who is in truth Remus his rage and intend forces the mindless souls to follow Hades leaving behind only one who smiles as he runs to toward Ares and begins to remove his shackles. Quickly Loki undoes Ares collar removing the chains, Loki finding it difficult to remove his wrist shackles...

Ares: the Axe...
 you came for the Axe...

Loki: aye, it was how i planned to escape..

Hades swings at Remus as the loyal captain ducks realizing his master will banish him soon as he sees the mindless ones coming to aid their master.. Hades seeing the mindless approach he sees only Hercules and Ares approach... furthered angered he screams as he sees his enemies approach.. but manages to glimpse a mindless one helping  Ares escape in the background...

Hades: somethings wrong?!

almost immediately the spell breaks as Hades runs back toward Ares furthered angered with Axe in hand swinging it wildly he slashes at the mindless soul instinctively Loki jumps from his Host evading the Axe as it slices it in two... Ares free but still having his wrist shackled in place swings the chains as if it were a whip at his uncle wrapping it around his neck while the other swings around Hades ankles forcing him to fall and drop the Axe...

Remus and the mindless ones begin to run to the aid of their Master but Loki quickly inhabits a mindless one and tackles Remus keeping him from giving aid to his insane master...
Ares now wrestling with his uncle both gods powerless by the shackles and chains enchantment are nothing more then two men as they fight each other.. Ares angered by his treatment and resentment of his uncle starts to choke him...

Ares: i told you i would choke the life out of you!

Hades desperately punches at his nephew trying to  force him off and escape the chains, Ares continues to pummel his uncle trying to force him unconscious.. Loki still wrestling with Remus finally choices to leave the host hoping Remus will continue fighting with it.. Loki eyeing his prize smiles that the two gods are distracted among each other runs to the axe as he approaches he reaches out to grip the Axe but his hand simply  phases through growing in anger once more reminded he is just a shade here even to an asgardian weapon..

Loki: Noooo!!
Ares, the Axe! grab the Axe!

Ares and Pluto hearing Loki's instruction struggle for the axe as does Remus all begin to run toward the asgardian weapon...

Hades: so you did come with a companion, the Asgardian!

Ares: I learned to know when to trust and who trust!
I know my enemies! u

Hades squirms toward the axe as Ares grabs his ankle and pulls him back still both gods wrapped in the chains to busy for the prize and each other to remove them.. finally Ares stands up as he lunges toward the Axe... Remus and Hades all reach for it even Loki has once again taken possession of a mindless one in his bid for freedom.. everyone clumsily tackled each other as they collide toward the axe yet, only Ares managed to grip the weapon as they roll around. Ares angered stands up as the chains are draped over him looking down he sees Pluto on the ground cowering as he is wrapped in chains... to his side he sees Remus fighting with a mindless one..

Loki: do it! succumb to the weapon!
Kill him!

Hades: No! we are family!

Ares: aye, that we are!

Ares swings down the Axe at his uncle as Remus escapes the grip of Loki's host running toward Ares hoping to stop the Execution of his Master. As the Axe comes crashing down Ares feels the weapon's need for bloodlust, war and death as it plunges deep into his uncles chest.. the 1st living thing in this realm it has killed. Remus failing tp arrive just in time is blasted back by the backlash of the energy in the Axe and his Master.. Hades screaming in pain as his soul and godly essence seem to be drawn out of his body into the Axe and Ares...

Ares: Aaarrghh!!!

Hades: aarrrghh!!

In a blinding Explosion of light stands Ares garbed in robust armor of Gold and wolf fur trim and Helm, looking down he sees a withered body of his uncle the life drained out of him. The realm begins to shake and tremble as its new master takes his place in this realm.. the Dank Caverns give way to an open field and skies mountains ranges start to grow in the distance.. the pits of Tartarus glow even hotter in rage mirroring Ares emotions as a Spiral Citadel grows surrounded by an army of mindless ones who are no longer mindless as they too are transformed into Spartan warriors and Amazonian Women glad in armor, each having a military mind and single purpose the armies of Tartarus shocked at this sight except their fate as they sling back to their pit knowing they are no match to this new Army.

The Underworld becomes more then just a small dimension but expands itself to make a whole new world with diverse geography..Ares for the 1st time realizes his place in the cosmos and feels the power and expanded awareness of godhood taken for granted by the likes of his Father and Uncle but not by Ares, the God of War and Death.. Ares looking down sees his Uncle's body with a glimmer in his eye the chains become alive  as the snake and wrap around Pluto's body wrist, ankles even gagging Pluto as the chains levitate Pluto's body and dart itself over his Throne onto the wall as the chains draw itself in and melds with the wall exposing only parts of the arms, torso and head..

Ares: This will be your punishment uncle and a warning to any who would challenge Ares.

Loki seeing Ares bends a knee and bows before Ares as does Remus the Spartan Warriors and Amazonian Women Warriors bang their shields and chant his name as they prostrate themselves to their master and new eternal life of a soldier.

Loki: what now O' mighty Ares: God of War and Lord of Death?

Ares looking at Loki stares at him in contempt and looks around the room..

Ares: do not mock me Asgardian...
  * Axe whispers:   kill him*  

Loki: Never my Lord, but thy journey has reached an end has it not?
what about I?
i still wish to leave this realm back to the world of the living...

Ares: you knew of the Axe, you would have left me behind if thou could. 
i should send you back to Hel  or even Tartarus, Loki.
but, you did prove useful and i owe you much.

Loki: all i ask in return my Lord is your friendship and return to Midgard.
 surely one as powerful as yourself whose power is a merger of the executioner and Hades has it within his grasp to do so?

Ares stares at Loki and sneers at him but knows that he is no longer just Ares he possesses the knowledge of the executioner through the weapon. The power  of Hades is now his a part of him as he also knows that his spirit is trapped within the Axe in a Limbo realm where Hades will remain till Ares wishes it so.

Ares: do you relinquish claim to this weapon Asgardian?
* Axe whispers:   kill him* 

Loki: i do Lord Ares, it is the enchantment of travel that i did prize.(hiding his true emotions of feeling cheated by fate).

Ares: very well Loki.. tell them that Ares is now a godhead and let any who would challenge my power come!

Loki: i will my Lord...(bows).

Ares swings his Axe as it slices the very fabric of reality and watches Loki bow and jumps into the aperture and leaves Ares new realm... Ares looking at his Axe as it whispers to him annoyed Ares grips it even tighter do not tempt be  we are one and it shall remain so... the Axe whispers stop and become silent for the 1st time in ages finally the axe found its true master.. Ares turns to walk to his Throne as he spies Remus and the Servant and Pluto's consort who is still chained next to his throne...

Ares: and who do you serve Remus?

Remus: you my Lord...(kneels).

Ares: then rise i will not have my generals kneeling and cowering

Ares: what is your name boy?

Servant: Paris, My Lord...(cowardly speaks). 

Ares: Paris the once Prince?

Paris: yes, my Lord....

Ares: you shall remain a slave, i do not reward ones such as you..

turning to stare at the woman next to his Throne smiles...

Ares: and you would be Helen, em i right?

Helen: yes my lord...

Ares: my uncle did always have a dark sense of irony 

Ares kneels to the woman and raises her chain as she stares at the servant and Ares ask her...

Ares:
do you still love him?

Helen looking in disgust the one man she once loved and angrily answers 

Helen: no.

Ares: and you young Paris do you still love this woman or was it just reckless youth and actions of the living?
 would you do it all again if you could?

Paris: no my lord.. i was wrong in life and now i must bay in the after life.

Ares sits in his Throne as he surveys his new kingdom as his castle morphs and the Throne room overlooks his realm from a balcony as he watches his Newly acquired Realm.
As he surveys his realm he looks down to see an Aperture open up and an uninvited quest  begins to come through. Ares expanded awareness tells him already who it is. stepping through. the guest looks up and is astonished to see Pluto  hung and chained to a wall above his Throne and even more astonished to see Ares sitting on the throne with the Executioner Axe beside him.

Ares: Hela, he is not here.
you just missed him.

Hela: i sense my father's trickery played a hand in all this?

Ares: he had his uses.
I am now the God of Death and War.

Hela's eyes glow a bright  green to test his claim in an attempt to control the realm Ares eyes glow bright red as he matches wills against the asgardian over control of the realm.

Ares: test me not Hela

Hela: my apologies, Lord Ares.
simply making sure it was no trick of my father.

perhaps, we can become close friends and allies.. i have always found Warrior gods very appealing and here you are a god of war and death.(smiles)

Ares: tell me Hela what is this pact you speak of?(smiles)

In the Distance as the two lock eyes ignoring the  meteor like shower a sign not seen in millenniums  a sign of new arrivals one in particular that Ares would find of interest, a greek god like himself freshly killed in battle..

The End.....................