War: Rise of Ares 4

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Dark King

Ares having spend much of his time with his son and his duties as Lord of the underworld has bn haunted by an unexplainable voice that whispers to him, that no one else but him can hear.  He knows it is something important but ignores it simply to continue being with his Son in his Kingdom, what care does he have for whatever happens outside his realm. He ponders this as he watches his son Phobos being courted by the nymphs and the fellow under worlds gods for his attention, it's not what care Ares has but what care his son may have and what kind of father Ares wishes to be.

Ares sitting in his throne closes his eyes as he strains to listen to what he perceives through his godly senses straining to make out the words as he listens he is able to make out the words:
Rise, Lord Ares. Rise and live again for you are are in danger of Doom...your body has fallen to Doom...

Ares annoyed struggles to make sense of the words spoken annoyed he has not yet mastered his Omniscience and may never will limited only to his domain. Once more he struggles to home in to the voice not realizing that he is gently being pulled to the source. suddenly he is overcome by a more forceful tugging and finally pulling him against his will,  Ares fighting the pulling force adept to regain his composure and open his eyes  but is overcome by Darkness of oblivion and suddenly an explosion of light and agonizing pain.

opening his eyes he is overwhelmed by the frigid cold darkness  and can feel he is within something no longer residing in the underworld, his chest burning on fire keeping him from focusing his godly senses only thing he can feel is blood oozing  his bones,  muscles regenerating and the pain that comes with it . He's alive and he feels the pain pushing the lid off his coffin aside he rises  from the Coffin covered in his own dried up blood the gash in his chest shrinking and finally vanishing. The pain so unbearable he should be screaming in agony if he were not a god of war and death let alone moving.  Ares stepping out of the stone Coffin he looks at the carvings realizing it is asgardian in design the room he is in is  appears to be a castle but not asgardian in design but made by mortals.

Ares Concentrates trying to focus his senses pushing past the pain asking himself,
was it all a dream? no, he knows who he is these are memories not dreams, he is Ares God of War and Death, Lord of the underworld.How long has he bn dead, days, weeks, years? sense of time has no meaning to the dead.  Ares closing his eyes feels his gaze return to the underworld as it zooms in to find his son and is astonished to realize he is still sitting on his throne and staring back meeting his own gaze. The shock forces Ares to open his eyes finding himself back in the room feeling disoriented realizing he is both in the underworld and in the living world his mind straining to separate his experiences and compartmentalize to the new situation, Ares falling over the room spinning as he tries to concentrate and focus slowly breathing feeling like his mind being pulled apart. 

Slowly Ares begins to regain control his mind adapting able to push back the experience of his soul self in the underworld burying its experience and focusing on the material world. slowly rising he  begins to ponder the situation asking himself various questions
, what em i, an Avatar? em, i still me or just a clever golem ? which of us is Ares or are we both? 

As he begins to move around and thinks to exit the storage room he realizes he is not the only body in the room, he sees a body bag walking toward it he unzips it and sees a decapitated body, it's head resting on it's chest, Ares ignoring it  walks out opening the door and immediately alarms begin to ring. Ares smiles taking it as a good sign wishing to meet the idiot who would steal his body and keep in it in the darkness, instinctively he tightens his grip for an axe that is not there a flash of light and glow emanating from his clench fist as the Bloodaxe slowly materializes to Ares pleasant surprise. Hoisting it up he is engulfed a bright light transforming his bloody garb into ancient Roman/Greek battle armor and leather with a wolf fur trim cape.

The enemy comes for him he can hear their footsteps, orders being given and he knows who his enemy is and Ares is not happy.

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King
Ares smashing the Door as he makes his way through the Castle's hallways ahead of him shadows are cast against the wall in a corner allowance the arrival of his enemy, a dozen Doombots turn the corner to face Ares.Doombot : halt! so orders Doom! Ares annoyed ignores the command as he charges toward them, the Doombots open fire in mass combination of mystical and scientific energy blast flies toward Ares. Ares using his Axe to block the attacks growling in anger..

Ares: you dare hold the Son of Zeus?! Doom!!!  

His Axe in response to his anger unleashes a flare of solar blast incinerating the Doombots in mid attack and blowing out the wall exposing it to the Latverian air. 

Ares: where are you Doom?! Ares would have word with  you!!  your robots cannot stop me, i come for you Doom!  

Ares marching through the castle setting off more alarms and booby traps triggering hidden laser mounts in the wall as they rotate out locking on Ares and unleashing its nuclear powered arsenal.   

Ares: arrhh! 

Ares taking a few blast is annoyed and releases a small magnetic pulse from his axe which fails to disrupt the it's systems still continuing to fire.Ares grunts and marches through the onslaught this is a new Ares possibly the most powerful being on the planet, as Ares walks through he digs his hands into the wall ripping the gun mounts as he walks past them.

Doom hearing the alarms is in his lab sitting inside an experimental tech chamber wires hooked up to his armor and most importantly wearing a tech crown over his exposed face. Doom yelling at his Doombots to hurry ordering those who have no importance out of his lab to stop Ares or slow him down buying him time for his task at hand.  

Doom: Hurry! once done go out and kill Ares! Doom must not be stopped!

The few remaining Doombots monitoring their work station some directly hooked to the equipment staring at a circular loading bar the timer slowly counting down 58 seconds till completion. Doom in the chamber grinds his teeth in pain the procedure taxing his will and physical health, he cannot fail, failure is death and Doom will not give in so easily to the abyss.

Ares slowly making his way through the castle closer to his goal still being confronted by Doombots each more difficult to defeat adapting against him in each encounter, a wonder in robotic technology that would make Ironman envious. Ares swings his Axe at one of the Doombots who ducks beneath it unleashing mystical blast at Ares exposed chest sending Ares reeling back, The Doombots sharing a link all see Ares relative from each other even if behind a wall or below the floor. Ares regaining his composure runs toward the Doombots in front of him blocking their blast with his Axe once more, the Doombots adapting release a high frequency attack that momentarily halts Ares, suddenly the wall explodes a Doombot flying through tackling Ares managing to land a few well placed blows yet destroyed by the cross fire of his fellow automatons. Ares angered throws his at the remaining Doombots in the hallway, the Doombots respond by raising a shield blend of sorcery and science backed by one another as the Axe strike a massive energy backwash slams Ares sending him hurling back a handful of automatons explode from the overload, Ares Axe embedded on the wall. Ares straining to rise the pain from the backlash the phantom pains of his resurrection has left him weaken and exposed even with his added might an army of Doombots may be too much for even a war god.

The four remaining Doombots begin to march forward while Ares shakes straining to rise,

Doombot # 1: stay down Ares, plead for my mercy and i will grant you a swift death. 

Ares looks up staring at the automaton who believes itself to be Doom.

Ares: in a pigs eye i will. 

Doombot #2: i will take that as a no, finish him so speaks, Doom.  

The Doombots raise their hands as energy crackles building up it's charge. Ares lunges forward grabbing the wrist of the one in front of him and spinning it around to the others as they fire upon each other causing an explosion destroying them Ares caught in the explosion the smoke making it difficult to see rubble begins to rumble as Ares rises and walks through the smoke filled corridor, walls exposed to the elements as the winds blow away the smoke and Ares marches through the hallway as small flames cling to his costumed armor and steam rising from his flesh with a grimace face he reaches to his Axe still embedded to the wall and pulls it out. Annoyed Ares stares at his Axe realizing he requires a chain less he lose it in battle as he stares at it a bright light congeals on the end of the end of  Axe forming a chain hooked to his waist by a metal link connected to his belt.. 

Ares: an adamantine chain?
 the one i asked Hephaestus for.. 

Ares raises the axe and notices the chain links multiplying in responds to his stretching out the axe as he brings the axe closer the chain links shrink to accommodate his movement. 

Ares smiling heads toward the direction from which the Doombots came from  coming upon a large wooden door the entrance to the lab, Ares pushes the door open and sees  doom sitting in a large chamber staring back at Ares from behind his armored mask.. The remaining Doombots take on a defensive position halted by Doom's command.

Doom: Halt! leave us.  

The Doombots quietly exit the lab leaving Doom to face Ares the god of war, Doom slowly rises cables disconnecting in Doom's hand a technological ground which he crushes and allows it to fall as he walks out the chamber.  

Ares: you would dare desecrate my body, Doom? 

Doom staring at Ares responds.
Doom: i am Doom, Olympian. i dare much in the pursuit of science. 

Ares lifting his axe points at Doom.

Ares:This time, you die. 

Doom:an empty threat Olympian has death clouded your memory or have you so easily forgotten how i easily defeated you and your Avengers?
 you alone are no threat to me, not in the past and definitely not now.  

Ares: you recall incorrectly!

Ares lunges at Doom with his Axe overhead swinging it down on Doom, Doom responding by raising a shield the impact of the Axe and Doom's shield crackles with energy. Ares straining to push his axe through, Doom residing enchantment spells flexing his fingers to maintain the shield up. Doom annoyed changes tactics lowering the shield in a bright light which radiates from him and his armor, Ares slashing through the glowing figure with his axe only to hit nothing smoke rising from Doom's location. Ares confused looks around, he knows it cannot be this easy, a trick by Doom. Ares axe begins to glow in responds to Ares subconscious questions and the mystical energies unleashed, Ares smiling holding his Axe vanishes from the castle..

Doom on the distant hills of Latveria watches his castle smoldering, once more in ruin angry he waits for Ares to leave, the buffoon most likely believing him dead. As he turns to make his way to one of his underground exits he sees Ares materialize in front of him.. Ares smiling as he stares at Doom from behind his Axe.

Ares:
Hello, Doom. did you think me a fool? 
it wont be that easy, you cant hide from me not now not ever...

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/dark_king/war-ares-rising-5/87-65456/

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy

AWESOME! 5?

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points