War: Ares Rising 5

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Dark King

Doom taken by surprise instinctively reacts as he raises his arms screaming a spell.

Doom: Bands of Cyttorak!

the crimson blast firing forward already the spreading out in crimson tendrils as it flies toward Ares. Ares seeing it slashes down with his axe slicing the mystic energy blast and dissipating the spell before it can fully form... Doom taken back shocked by Ares new ability to fend off such an attack, Ares runs forward too fast for Doom to react as Ares grips Doom's face lifting him up slightly crushing his armored mask.. 

Doom: The Bloodaxe, How?... 

Doom struggling to speak as he grips  Ares hand trying to force him offto no avail Ares lifting his Axe to Doom as he speaks through his grinding teeth.

Ares: what were you doing with my body, 
 Doom?!..Speak! 

Doom: Gladly....Soul Reversal!  

Doom firing a spell hitting Ares right in the chest catching him completely unprepared for the attack.. Ares drops Doom stumbling back wildly swinging the Axe in front of him toward unseen assailants before Ares falls to his knees..Ares grips his head something is wrong his mind being tugged, split and twisted as he struggles to maintain his sense of self..  

Ares: arrghh! what did you do to me?!  

Ares looking up does not see Doom but  see through the veil of life and death voices overwhelm him seeing a large figure with a red skull mask yelling at Ares to kill and laughing... 

Doom watches Ares on his knees struggling to regain control Doom eying Ares Axe greedily he steps forward to take it from Ares while he is distracted, confidently Doom speaks to Ares, 

Doom: I see your soul is not as it should be, is it b/c of your new resurrection status, Lord Ares? 
does the underworld call you back?  better i take the Axe from you before you hurt yourself . 
better for someone who can make better use of it then some nitwit   god.  

Ares looking up does not see Doom approaching but the previous Bloodaxe wielder reaching toward him in it's grizzly red skull mask........  

Ares: no, it's mine! i am Ares God of War and Death!  

Doom's arm reaching out  to the axe  is surprised by Ares resolve fighting off the mystic spell Doom's eyes already glowing, his palm crackling with energy for another magical attack, Ares instinctively raises his axe severing Doom's hand.... 

Doom: arrghh! i'll make you pay! 

Ares: Hands off, Doom. The Axe is mine!.. 

Doom begins to speak an ancient spell now long forgotten on earth spoken by demons and ancient gods, when the earth was
in it's infancy with volcanoes spewing toxic gas, hellish heat and acidic water. Ares not allowing Doom another opportunity to cast a spell grips Doom's throat squeezing it tightly choking Doom before he could finish the spell.. Doom not fully dependent on magic his armor crackles with electricity building up a charge it's magic and scientific defenses act as one as it travels down to Ares arm both men groaning in pain seeing who could tolerate it the most. Both Doom and Ares  will being indomitable neither giving an inch as the attack digs into their nervous system burning nerve ending as it travels through their body each having experienced their own hell in their past this being a minor nuisance and nothing more.

Ares:I am a God of War, I have felt true pain in war and in death!
you simply anger me, Doom!

Doom gasping to breath groans for the last time his body going limp in Ares grip, Ares feeling the limpness s body drops it allowing it to fall to the ground. Ares angered stands before Doom believing it to be another ploy raising his Axe to finish the battle and make sure he is dead. As he brings down the Axe with all his might a mystical/scientific field envelops Doom blocking the killing strike unleashing crackle of energy, lightning strikes out igniting the nearby bushes and trees. In the distance Doom's Castle in  Latveria  explosion can be heard upon the raising of Doom's shield.. Doom's armor system hooking up to an orbital satellites and computer systems in his castle.  Doom's nuclear reactor in his castle overloaded and being taxed to it's limit trying to keep Doom safe. Doom's back up system in his armor scanning Doom's life force as it attempts to revive him sending nanites into his system to repair minor injuries, electrical charges send into his heart, Doom's  mental engrams being stored and duplicated in case all else fails. His armor locking unto Ares still forcing  his Axe through the arcane magics creating more feedback more minor explosions can be heard in the distance finally unknown to  Ares an orbital satellite hums to life building up a charge it's systems zooming in to Ares, locking on and fires it's nuclear powered Laser  ...

The blast strike Ares forcing him to scream in pain  not dead, weaken even shaken but Ares still stands.............. only buying Doom a momentary respite

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/war-rise-of-ares-chapter-6/598421/#5

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

this is actually awesome, i'm loving it so far! keep up the good work! :)

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TypingKira

Wao, great job!!!  

My only qualm (great word) is your grammar. Try spending a little more time in editing? Read it aloud as you edit, it really helps. Also, put each character's dialogue on an individual line, it makes it easier to read.  

THis is great stuff, I freakin' love Ares. can't wait for more!

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dark King
Doom's castle a hidden laboratory open hydraulics walls activating with hissing steam as it reveals the bizarre experiments Doom has been up to the body of Skaar floating inside a water tank hooked up to tubes his arms and legs have been severed and connected with electronic wires blue and green energy,  gamma and old power being siphoned from his unconscious body. on the side another wall raises up hissing steam and out steps out the newly half hazard rebuild Destroyer armor using Uru metal. Doom's computer systems linking up to a satellite locking onto Doom's coordinates as it vanishes from the Castle. Doom's Scientist in their hidden laboratories running around with fire extinguishers some having been injured or killed  from the feed back of Doom's battle with Ares...  

Ares back in the field with Doom struggles to regain his composure he eyes Doom,  his shield has collapse his lifeless body defenseless. As Ares looks up to the sky for another suspicious attack he sees a red light fast approaching, instinctively he  raises his axe  absorbing the incoming attack . 

Ares: not this time!

Ares uses the incoming absorbed attack by his axe and feeds it his own nova blast  which travels back up the same path of the laser  overloading the satellite as it explodes with it's nuclear powered cells in earth's orbit. The EM blast disrupts the nearby communication satellites disrupting many of earth's communication systems.

Now Ares marches toward Doom as a materializing  Warbot appears staring at Ares, it's visor opening unleashing a devastating blast at Ares who raises his Axe the energy being absorbed, Ares grinding his teeth as he pushes the energy aside and fires his own devastating blast at the Warbot. To Ares surprise his mystic bolt strikes the armor which responds with a glow as the  mystical energy dances over the uru armor as it is absorbed  further powering the Warbot Destroyer. Ares angry lunges and  swings his axe down the Destroyer, its weapon system scanning Ares attack and trajectory catches Ares Axe handle stopping him cold. Ares stares at the Destroyer  grinds his teeth growls in anger, it raises it's visor once more building a charge, Ares eyes open wide in surprise as he sees it unable to block it.  His Axe being held by the Destroyer he is   blast straight in the  chest sending him reeling back skidding across the ground. The Axe still held by the Destroyer Warbot,  it's mystic chain stretching as it is still connected to Ares waist. The Axe useless to the Destroyer Warbot as it is not in its database it does not recognize it and  tosses it aside, Ares angered and in pain stares at the machine and his axe having been tossed aside, he grips his chain and pulls it back, The chain responding begins to retract hauling the axe back to Ares who grips it once more.

Ares: you're just a machine!   
not even a challenge to the god of war!

Ares distracted does not see the newly revived Doom who rises and sees his Destroyer Warbot in front of him it's back to him, Doom still missing his hand runs to it as he yells it's security code.

Doom:
Gamma, Banner, 666 Olympian 13! 

The Warbot back opens up exposing it's inside controls as Doom runs in comfortably fitting as it closes around him and connects to his armor, Ares running hoping to stop Doom before he jumps in reaches the destroyer armor too late, his Axe swinging down once again. Doom looking through the Destroyer sensor raises an arm to block, the Axe grinds down on the uru  spiked arm, sparks flying as the two asgardian metals collide.

The Warbot looks up at Ares as Ares steps back in shock, Doom speaking through the Warbot as it's mouth piecce hisses out carbon exchanging it for oxygen. 

WarDoom: your luck just ran out, Ares. 
you took my hand consider that the  last thing you take from,  Doom. 
now i'll kill you, take the axe and turn you into a battery for my armor.

Ares pulls back his Axe and swings it at his chest, WarDoom crosses his uru armored arm across his chest blocking the axe as it strikes and sparks. Doom immediately grips Ares wrist keeping the axe at bay, Ares responds by punching Doom with his free arm across the face, WarDoom slightly turns his head to the side but is uninjured as he lifts Ares up to stare at him and show him how useless his attack is. Ares tangling refuses to give up and raises his legs wrapping it around it's arm as he holds on with his free hand and begins kicking Wardoom in the face sending him stumbling back from the earth shaking kicks. Ares taking advantage uses leverage and ancient and modern grappling tactics to spin free and flip Wardoom off his feet and driving him into the ground. Both falling to the ground Ares using his chain to wrap it around it's head, a tactic that would have worked if his opponent was alive to choke it's  blood's or air supply .

Doom:
i have fought Thor!
what chance do you have even with the Axe, Ares?!

Ares: i am no pampered prince, but a true warrior born! 

Ares strains tightening the chain, Doom's system starts to read an energy drain some how coming from the chain , Doom immediately  grips the chain and flips Ares on the ground. Ares landing on his back looks up as he sees WarDoom bringing down his foot and braces himself behind his axe as he is driven into the ground with each foot stomp from Doom...

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TypingKira

Yer the bomb! 

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark King

yeh, i have a habit of just typing what i am thinking dont take grammar into account as i imagine what is happening.. then i hit enter and realize that i should have read it and fixed it 1st.
I just write them to get them out of my mind. I'll work on it and take my time probably keep it on draft before i post them so i can fix them rather then typing them in a few minutes and sending them out.

feel like i'm on crack half the  time too many ideas hitting me at once for me too fully focus

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TypingKira
@Dark King: I have that problem too. But taking the time to edit makes it easier to read and enjoy.  

If you're interested, I wrote a blog on it?