Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Thomas Garret never spoke a word....

Even as a child, he never did any of the babbling any other babies did...yet as he grew to be a toddler...strange things began to occur around him.

Thomas' Mother Mary was always crying. Her life had always been one bad event after another. She had finally broke down on the night of Thomas' fifth birthday. The event stirred memories of when her boyfriend had left her six months to the date before Thomas was born.

One night, on a night like most, she cried over the scrapbooks of her boyfriend...this time, however, Thomas watched her cry from a view from his staircase.

"Dead." she cried between sobs. "I wish he was dead."

Thomas leaned farther over the staircase and caught the slightest glimpse of his Father. The image burned itself into his brain. Thomas swelled up with rage before climbing back up the staircase to his bedroom.

The next day Mary had turned on the T.V for a very peculiar sight.

A man hung from a tree...his body swayed back and forth...swinging like a pendulum. The face was all to familiar

"--was found dead from an apparent suicide--" the reporters blared. All at once, Mary placed the face.

It was her boyfriend...Thomas' Father.

Thomas did nothing that day. He simply curled up in his room watching the tape of the apparent suicide up in his room. The tape played over and over...he stared at it coldly...with unblinking eyes...soft, innocent eyes. He could not comprehend the magnitude of what had just happened...he only knew it couldn't be an accident.

Mary hesitantly dismissed the death as pure coincidence. Despite that, she couldn't get the incident out of her mind. She wanted to cry to the heavens and spread joy throughout the world.

Yet she couldn't...

She wanted to shout, celebrate, yet she felt...guilty...

Thomas watched her cry from the staircase that night...he never said a word...and he never smiled.

Thomas was seven when the next incident occurred. His mother had entered a state of even greater depression than before. Her Mother had just died and she could take it no longer. Anything that wasn't bolted down was thrown across the room. Thomas watched from the bottom of the staircase. He held back no tears, and said no words.

She threw everything. Books, tables, pots, plates.

Thomas watched in horror.

Mary grabbed a knife from a countertop and threw it without looking. A second later she realized her mistake.

The knife was headed straight for Thomas.

Her eyes widened in shock. Everything seemed to slow down to a halt as the knife inched ever closer. Soon, indeed, it did stop. It began to float in mid air. Thomas looked at it intensely and it turned this way and that.

Suddenly, the whole house began to vibrate. Pots, pans, and everything that wasn't bolted down began to float around Thomas...a single tear floated down his cheek and dripped to the ground.

"Please stop crying, Mommy." Thomas whispered.

His first words had been spoken.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumpity bump bump

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Project_Worm

Just bumping some of today's stories... Seemed necessary...

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapFanboy

@Project_Worm said:

Just bumping some of today's stories... Seemed necessary...

It is xD Tomorrow I'm making a self-contained, one thread "Gah!" for issues #31 onwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Nice...when the 2nd story is up let me know and I'll read it.

I will and thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Project_Worm said:

Just bumping some of today's stories... Seemed necessary...

thanks for bumping.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By batkevin74

This reads familiar...hmmmm. Child with powers (Firestatrter/Omen/Push). It's okay, doesn't really go anywhere. It's like the blurb on the back of a dvd enticing you too watch the contents

MOVIE PHONE GUY VOICE:Thomas Garret never spoke a word....until he was seven. That's when when the INCIDENT occurred!

CUT TO SHOTS OF: Whole house vibrating. Pots, pans, and everything that wasn't bolted down began to float around. Shot of Thomas...a single tear floated down his cheek and dripped to the ground.

MOVIE PHONE GUY VOICE:Unspoken Words! A film by primepower53. Coming soon!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 said:

This reads familiar...hmmmm. Child with powers (Firestatrter/Omen/Push). It's okay, doesn't really go anywhere. It's like the blurb on the back of a dvd enticing you too watch the contents

MOVIE PHONE GUY VOICE:Thomas Garret never spoke a word....until he was seven. That's when when the INCIDENT occurred!

CUT TO SHOTS OF: Whole house vibrating. Pots, pans, and everything that wasn't bolted down began to float around. Shot of Thomas...a single tear floated down his cheek and dripped to the ground.

MOVIE PHONE GUY VOICE:Unspoken Words! A film by primepower53. Coming soon!

I've only seen Push...

but I'd see a movie with that kind of trailer!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: You haven't seen Firestarter! Young Drew Barrymore playing Charlie McGee in the Stephen King written film about a tele-pyrokinetuc girl! And Omen: OMG 1976 starring Gregory Peck about the son of the Devil. Spawned three sequels and a terrible remake in 2006! Kids with powers. Go watch...NOW!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53: You haven't seen Firestarter! Young Drew Barrymore playing Charlie McGee in the Stephen King written film about a tele-pyrokinetuc girl! And Omen: OMG 1976 starring Gregory Peck about the son of the Devil. Spawned three sequels and a terrible remake in 2006! Kids with powers. Go watch...NOW!

TO GOOGLE, I FLEE!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

You seem to be on a horror/thriller type motif of late. Not that I don't like the way you write, but I'd honestly like to see a superhero wedged in there somewhere. If this started with "Blackagar Boltagon never spoke a word..." then you'd have my complete attention. A horror type story from Black Bolt's childhood, possibly explaining that his vocal power is kept in check by a terrifying incident in his formative years. I rate this a B-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson said:

You seem to be on a horror/thriller type motif of late. Not that I don't like the way you write, but I'd honestly like to see a superhero wedged in there somewhere. If this started with "Blackagar Boltagon never spoke a word..." then you'd have my complete attention. A horror type story from Black Bolt's childhood, possibly explaining that his vocal power is kept in check by a terrifying incident in his formative years. I rate this a B-

thanks for critiquing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LadyLigeia said:

Please tell me this is continued somewhere? It's awesome.

This is all I wrote. A short story to tease the readers. :P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74

@LadyLigeia said:

@primepower53: Evil author!

Fine, I shall use my imagination to finish it in my mind. ;p

MOVIE PHONE VOICE GUY: A young lady, on a quest for answers, finds she has powers...IN HER MIND!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 said:

@LadyLigeia said:

@primepower53: Evil author!

Fine, I shall use my imagination to finish it in my mind. ;p

MOVIE PHONE VOICE GUY: A young lady, on a quest for answers, finds she has powers...IN HER MIND!

haha!

Yes. I am evil. Deal with it. :P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@primepower53: