Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part One: Powers that be:

I remember being put in the rocket, Jor- El beckoning to my mother, Lara. "These are our last moments together, Kal El." He told me, as he placed a crystal in my lap. I remember the look of horror on their faces knowing that I would barley remeber them. This is my only memory I have of Krypton. My mother spoke her last words to me: "Remember what we called you, our little....Superman"

Superman. the name rang through my ears, deafening the explosion.

Next thing I knew, I was growing up on the Kent's farm. I remember when my powers started to form, one by one as I got older. Who knows, maybe one will surface now....

One time, Pa didn't see me running across the driveway and accidentally ran me over. When he got out to ask if I was okay, I just pushed the car off me. There wasn't a scratch. I was more powerful than a locomotive!

Another time I was in the middle of kidergarten, staring at my crush, Lana, when all of a sudden, she and everyone in the room turned completley naked! When I focused a little more I could see straight through her! then more and it all changed back to normal.

Later that day, Ma was talking to me about the stars, and I looked up, and I could see Mars as if I were a comet passing by.

A few years later, In school, I was warming up for gym class with a little running, and all of a sudden, I was running so fast everything seemed to be going in slow motion! I was faster than a speeding bullet!

On my thirteenth birthday (thank god nobody was around), I went to blow out the candles and blew a hole in the wall. I let out a sigh, and the hole froze over!

Months later, I discovered I could heat things with my eyes! A few days ago even, it's been a month or two after my eighteenth birthday, and I found a new power. Before I knew I could leap tall buildings in a single bound, but now I could fly. FLY! I can go up into space and don't even need to breathe!

Where am I now? I'm in Bejing, trying to find a self defense class to teach me to control my powers, if THEY even can! When I walked in I saw a philantropist named Bruce Wayne fighting the school's best fighter, Keodi Ken. After a long, tiresome fight, Ken proved to be the victor. It was customary for the a new person to fight the school's top student. "To teach humility." they said. I played along, after all, I had already memorized his fighting style. When we fought, I was actually able to punch and kick and do all those things correctly! I was gaining the upper hand when Ken intercepted my punch and threw me across the room. I figured out he was using my body weight against me. It wasn't what I came here for. I quickly grabbed his hand and squeezed, breaking it. I let my eyes glow red, and fought hard not to let out heat vision. I noticed Wayne sneak out the back. I told them "I'm not heare to learn how to fight, I'm here to learn how to control some powers of mine....

Now, it has been three months, my last test to pass is catching a fly in mid air using only my hearing, while ten snare drums play. Time seems to stop. Senconds tick by into hours, the drumming becomes distant, I like a whisper...I hear wings beat, I reach out my hand and.....

BAM! I cought it.

Now that I have mastered my powers, I've decided to go into journalism. I heard that there was a sighting of a mysterious "Bat-Man" sighted in Gotham, so I took a fly over. I made sure to blur my face out so nobody would be able to get a clear shot of me if they had a cell phone.

It takes seconds to go from Bejing to Gotham, When I search the city, after the fifth time (ableit three seconds) I find this "Bat-Man" beating on thugs, I try to see who he is under the mask, but it's lined with lead, which I've discovered I can't see through. After he's done with the thugs, I swear he sees me so I stupidly close my eyes and hope he wont see me. when I open them, he is gone. I could have found him if I wanted to, but I had a story to write.

I thought about selling the story to the Gotham Gazette, but changed my mind. Gotham's too dark, and it already has a protector, and this "Bat- Man" had convinced Me to be a protector of some great city, too. I decided to sell it to the Daily Planet, at the nearby city of Metropolis.

I stand perched in top of it's Globe, looking at the magnificent city, and I think "If I'm going to be a hero like Bat-Man, I need a name and costume". I had no idea for a costume, but the name, that hit me like a brick wall. The name my Mother Lara called me in her last moments. "Our little Superman..."

Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part Two: Origins among us

I had a name now, but not a uniform. I needed some help with that, as I could never come up with something good on my own. I quickly flew over to Ma and Pa's house and told them my idea.

They seemed a but worried, but after a short talk I was able to convince them it was for the best. "I can't get hurt." I said. "I'm invulnerable." They protested that I wasn't bulletproof, and, with a look on my face, I simply reply "If getting run over by a tractor when I was six doesn't kill me, I don't think bullets will be much of a problem.

Ma looked up at me. "I have just the thing." She said. She and Pa brought me to the barn, where they buried the rocket that had sent me here. I grabbed a shovel and speedily dug it up. Pa told me that they had both tried to open it several times, but to no avail. They thought I could with my strength, but I couldn't either.

It was then that I noticed some random squiggles on the ship. Triangles, lines, dots, cirlces. At first I thought it was just for decoration, but the things...spoke to me. I could READ it. I said some things that shouldn't be heard by human ears. It was sounds no human could make. Nothing on Earth had every made the sound. I knew the translation.

"Open."

the ship unlatched, and a strange blue glow came through, I was overwhelmed by it. Ma and Pa covered their eyes from it. I didn't have to. Even with my vision. When everything settled down I noticed a blue and red uniform with a cape. There was an S in the middle of the shield. I go to touch it...and I'm...getting drowsy...Ma's voice goes faint. Everything goes...

Black. When I awaken, My first thought is "where am I?" I don't need two guesses. "Welcome Kal El," I hear a voice say. "to Krypton." "Father?" I ask. "Yes" he relpies "If you are seeing this, it means you have touched the symbol of the house of El, and your subconious is now in the past. This will not last long, so we best hurry."

We go in a ride on a flying vehicle with only a lever for a control. Everything looks amazing! Force fields, lights, anything anyone could imagine and more! the metal is like steel, only better, and shiny! My Father explains to me about how Krypton was once the most scientifically advanced planet in the solar system. they even created insterstellar space travel! Though they later banned it after the Krypton- Daxam war. Jor El warns me that some people from the solar system may come looking for me some time.

We reach what I suppose was my home, and the latches on the vehicle. open. We get out. I see what I think would be my Mother. Jor El tell me her name is Lara. She doesn't speak English, yet somehow I'm already fluent in what I think is Kryptonese. Maybe it was the S shield, I don't know, whatever it is, I can speak it fluently. We exchange a few hugs, then part quickly. Jor El takes me to his chamber. "We need to hurry!" He tells me in a tone of voice that makes me worried.

We enter a room full of control panels. "This room allows me to see a person's destiny, if used correctly," he tells me. "That is how I know you will be Earth's greatest protector. Though it is...vague, to say the least. You would not understand the controls, but I can only see snapshot of potential landmarks for victories that you would achieve on Earth. I know nothing more." With that, Jor El flipped a switch, and  I saw pictures myself fighting with a bald purple man with white stripes, trying to drain...electicity from me? Will I have electicity powers?

Another one is a bald man, with a green battlesuit on, spraying some green stuff. What is it? It certainly appears to be hurting me... 

Another one is dressed in a blue toga? And his skin looks like granite. Another alien, like me? Why are we fighting.

Another had electricity powers, shes a woman. And seems to be getting energy from electrical wires.

The one after that looks like me, only a little more.....bizarre.

The last one has powers like mine. Somehow I know the name. "Zod." Jor El beats me to it. "My research tells me you will face him soon after you subconious leaves here." "How do you know that?" I ask. "I have a contact in the Legion of...." His voice trailed off. "Never mind, it's not important." He was once a respected General, only years later did we find out he, and his companions Faora, Ursa, and Non, killed all their competetors. They were banished to the phantom zone. Which will be in your fortress of solitude." "Fortress of Solitude?" I ask. "Your crystal, when it came to Earth, was programmed to build a fortress on a desolate part of Earth with Kryptonian artifacs. It is now doing so. Our time is up, son. remeber, I will always..." The blue light encompases me skin again. "....be with y--"

I awaken when I see Pa standing over me. "You all right?" He asks. "Fine." I reply. "I just met my Father from Krypton. I have the perfect opportunity to use the suit he gave me." I tell Ma and Pa. I just need one second. I race to my Fortress of solitude and back. It's just like Jor El said it would be! ramarkable. Artifacts from Krypton! A true wonder. After 3 seconds I return home. "Anyway." I say "I hear bank alarms. I'm going to try using the suit. Ma tells me "Good luck Clar--

Superman."

I'm a mile away, but I can still here it.

Superman.

ringing through my ears.    

***These two parts of the story are dedicated to my Mother, who's birthday is today, I've tried to characterize both Superman's mothers after mine.***

Gypsymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gypsymom

I really like the perspective from which you're telling his tale.  He's got attitude!
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Project_Worm
@primepower53
Umm I know you asked for criticism but I cant 'cause I just REALLY like this... I also read your update thingy mabob a jig.... thing and dont worry If you dont get responses i learned a while back that even if you dont get comments you can still be getting read by alot of people and even be a fews favorites.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Project_Worm:

Thank you. :)

I'm working on part three of the story tonight. You'll see it sometime this weekend.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

It has a nice, joyous and optimistic vibe to it. This isn't how I would particularly write Superman or Clark but at the same time its something fresh and exciting to see this other side of him.

Keep up the good work

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you'll see part three soon...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part three: Phantom Zod

I arrive at the bank a few milliseconds later. Bursting through the doors, I see three people criminals. One criminal is armed with a handgun, another one with a machine gun, and lastly, one with a shotgun. I tell them to stop, and they ask who I am. I tell them “I’m Superman.” and they just laugh at me. (I wonder if it’s the suit…)

I decide to play their game, and tell them. “If you don’t back down, you’ll have to kill me.” The one with the shotgun seems a little worried about it, but they all shoot, and so does he. (Albeit reluctantly.) The bullets bounce off me, feeling like how an average human would describe a fly flying into their chest. Yeah, it didn’t hurt.

After they finish shooting, the one with the handgun, comes up to me, and points the gun, at my forehead, and says “You dead man,” and proceeds to shoot. With the gun barrel on my forehead, it backfires. I go to punch him, but stop an inch away from his face, and turn it into a flick. He goes flying across the room, unconscious.

The next one, the man with the machine gun, since he has no more bullets, stupidly tries to punch me in the face, and I roll with the punch. Once he does, he yells in pain. I x ray his hand. “You’ve broken all you knuckles and three fingers.” I say. “SHUT UP, MAN!” He replies. “YOU DON’T KNOW THAT.” To show that he still has even more idiocy, trying to get out, he punches my gut, and faints from shock. His hand is shattered.

The last one, armed with a shotgun, tries to hit me with it. It merely leaves a dent in the shotgun, so I tie it in a knot, and throw him towards a wall. With all three of them down, the crowd starts to cheer. It feels good. It is then that I notice a reporter I had seen from the Daily Planet. “.” She says. “I’d like an interview.” “Another time.” I say.

I kind of feel sorry for her, as a fly off to my Fortress of Solitude, only to be intercepted by…A DOG?!!?

He pushes me through the fortress, licking me the whole way. After we finally stop, I hear a voice. “I see you’ve met Krypto.” They tell me. I turn around to see...”Zod how can I see you?” I ask him. He replies, “I’ve been watching you, son of Jor-El.” He says. But only here can we be seen. The phantom zone is like a mirror universe. You look, but can’t see your own reflection. On my side it is unbreakable.” I notice the fire in his eyes as he says his next words… “But on your side, it’s like glass.” Suddenly, Zod gets the idea to be mockingly polite. “Where are my manners?” He says. He points to a man that looks like a body builder. “This is Non, he’s mute.” Non nods his head yes. “The woman behind me is..” “Faora” She cuts in. “And this is Ursa, my wife.” They share a brief, sickening, kiss. “I’m done here.” I say. Krypto begins to growl. I see his eyes go red, and all at once, I’m not faster than a speeding bullet. I can’t stop as he shatters a realm to the phantom zone!

Immediately,  the phantom zone speaks. “Initiating repairs.” It says. But its too late Zod, Ursa, and Non escape! (and I think I see one more dressed in all red with a blue cape…) Only a small force field holds Faora in. Banging on the barrier, she says “ZOD LET ME OUT OF HERE! I WANT TO KILL EVERY MAN ON THIS GOD FORESAKEN PLANET!” Zod, turns to her. “I’m sorry, my dear” he says, whilst beating me. (I don’t think I’ve ever felt pain before…this is it) “But I can only supply you…

WITH ONE!”

He throws me through the barrier and into the phantom Zone. Faora delivers a beating to me that makes me wish I had taken those self defense classes in . “Your lucky the other Phantom Zoners are in the other parts of the universe….they’d be out, to.” I turn around, and see there’s still a hole in the phantom zone. “Ten minutes till force field completion,” Says the zone. “The only way out…” I say, even though I realize I’ve lost my powers in here…

“Is through me….”       

Part Four: One comes out

I think I'm in trouble.

I'm stuck in the Phantom Zone, without my powers, and the only way for one of it's most dangerous criminals to get out...

Is through me.

"You?" She replies? "Yes." "How old are you even?" "Eighteen." Your no man, your a boy!" She says. "And now...not even Super!

she attacks with all her might. I don't think I've known anyone to fight this well. But I remember Keodi Ken, from a few months ago. I use his styles, and she uses hers. We trade blows for what seems like eternity. Punch after punch. Kick after kick.

She goes for an kick. And I intercept it. "Remeber Keodi Ken." I tell myself. "Remember using body weight agaisnt an opponent." I heave with all my might and throw her.

"Impressive, Kal El." She tells me. "But unfortunatley for you, you won't last much longer."

The fight continues. As we fight, I notice she's switched forms. "What this attack called?" I ask, casually. (The tone in which I say it surprises even me.)

"The flying Wildebeast!" She says, trying to get a hold on me.

"Do you have to look like one to use it?" I sneer.

Engraged, she fights harder, yet my jeer has angered her. She's getting sloppy. I'm getting the upper hand. It is then that I hear that Zone talk. "Repairs will be complete in sixty seconds...KZZZZKT WARNING! WARNING! PRISONER 3584 HAS ESCAPED! 

Just then, a black hole opens up, and we stop fighting. "What is it?" I ask. Faora cries in despair, it's the Zone's defense mechanism! But it can only work if ONE certain prisoner escapes!

The portal starts to suck her in...."WHO?" I shout. "ZOD? URSA? NON?"

"NO. IT'S--"

Too late, the portal has sucked her in.

The Zone speaks again. "Portal will close in Repairs will finish in 10.....9.....8....."

I run for it. Even without my Superspeed, I'm actually pretty fast.

"4........3.....2......."

I jump, AND ESCAPE!

"Zone repaired." I can feel the suns rays returning to me, giving me my power. I check the Fortress for a teleporter to put them back in.

I find one that says "Phantom Zone teleporter." Zod has broken it.

How do I get them back into the Zone?....

.....And who was that other prisoner that escaped?  

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Primmaster64

Keep it up dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part Five: Back to the Zone

I fly through the Fortress several times; after I reach what I think was the main control panel, with crystals all over it, and one hole in the middle. I look around to try and pick which crystal will give me information on how to beat Zod.

As if in answer, one of them starts to glow, so I pick it up and put it in the center of the control panel.

Suddenly towering before me, I see a giant head of Jor El. “My son.” He says. “If you are hearing this, it means that some people from the phantom zone have escaped, and the teleporter is broken. What is your question?” “How do I put them back in the Phantom Zone?” I say.

Wired device sprouts from the control panel. Three suction-cup- like –things each connected by a wire. Jor El speaks. “Connect this device to the center of their torso, and it will send their soul back to the Zone.” I quickly pick it up and fly to Metropolis, hoping they’ll be there.

My guess is right, as Metropolis lies in ruins. I am intercepted by Non, the mute one.

We fight on the ground. After a few blows are traded, Non attacks me with heat vision. I counter with the concussive force of a hurricane. He falls back into a wall, but quickly recovers. I hit him with a right cross, as he punches my torso. “Quickly, I have to give him no time to react,” I tell myself. I pull out the device and attach it to his chest.

Non flies up in the air and writhes around like a rag doll being shaken by a little girl. Heat ice and wind fly from his mouth, heat flies from his eyes, and in a magnificent burst of energy, he is gone.

Only seconds after I find myself attacks by Ursa and Zod. Ursa puts me in a choke hold from behind, as Zod uses heat vision on me. It burns my face, but I try to shrug it off. I use my powers to blow him across a mile, then take hold of Ursa and throw her. We engage in battle, and I almost forget that I forgot to pick up the device. She lunges at me, I dodge easily. I don’t see it coming the second time. As she chokes me and says, “I’m going to kill you, son of Jor El, and then WE’LL be the last Kryptonians. I turn my eyes sideways to see the device just out of my reach.   I desperately try to get the device, and as I’m just out of breath, I grab it and attach it to her chest.

She falls to the ground and twists around like the animal she is. Energy spews from her mouth and eyes, and in a burst of white light, she is gone.

It is then that I find Zod has recovered as He lands on top of the device, crushing it. “Now how will I get him into the Zone?” I ask myself? “What did you do to my wife?!” He demands to know. He uses his strength and heat vision to barrel into me. “I’ll kill you for this, Kal El!” He screams.

Our fight is taken to space, where we continue to battle. Trading blow after blow, I’m in so much pain I’m not sure if I can keep fighting. In a last ditch gambit I hurl myself at him and throw his body back to Earth. Car alarms go off as we fight in the crater we created. We fight on the ground. It is then, that I realize there is a fighting tactic he doesn’t know, that I do.

My friend Lana from Smallville always used to take me to our mutual friend Pete’s wrestling matches. I always loved the sport, but because of my powers, I couldn’t play it. But I memorized every trick there was.

I use a mixture of what I had learned from Pete and what I memorized from Keodi Ken against Zod. In a way, my humanity has helped me win this battle. As I place a scissor hold around his neck, he falls unconscious from the lack of air.

That’s when I hear it. A heartbeat similar to Kryptonian, yet not. A man dressed entirely in red with a blue cape, picks Zod up, and uses...HEAT VISION? To blast a hole in Zod’s chest, killing him. It’s so obvious I don’t see the need to try hearing for a heartbeat. He then throws Zod’s body into space, and declares to me: “I AM MON-EL! A DAXAMITE! YOU, KAL EL ARE THE LAST KRYPTONIAN! I’M SURE YOU’RE FATHER TOLD YOU ABOUT THE WAR WE HAD. WITH YOU DEAD…” He says.

“The war will finally be over.”    

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part Six: Final Zoner

“Mon El?” I ask. “Yes” He replies. “Who are you? How did you get into the Zone?” I ask him.

“I am a Daxamite!” He says. “Did your father tell you of the Krypton-Daxam war? After the war, all Kryptonians on Daxam were kept as prisoners, and vice versa. I was held captive on Krypton, yet always managed to escape. One day YOUR FATHER created the Phantom Zone. He called it his ‘inescapable prison.” Nobody ever escaped….until now.”

WITH YOUR DEATH, THE DAXAMITES MAY REST IN PEACE!

Mon El flies towards me, and we intercept each other, our collision causing a sonic boom. We fight through the air, until I grab his cape and throw him into the basement of one of Lex Luthor, billionaire scientist’s, building. We fight there, neither of us losing or gaining. After a few minutes of just hitting each other, I decide to switch tactics. I hit him through a wall with my breath, while he retaliates with heat vision. He seems winded, yet so am I. We fight more and more, somehow generating more force each punch. “Why won’t you just DIE already?” He shouts. “I won’t let you hurt these people.” I reply. DAMMIT! He says. Gaining the upper hand and punching me several times. “I JUST. WANT. YOU!” I wipe the blood from my mouth, grab him by the chest, and slam him upwards towards the top of the building. We fight there.

After doing that, there is something…different about Mon-El. He seems to grow weaker with each punch, while I grow stronger. Until, after a blow to the chest, he collapses to his knees.

“I’m burning…” He says weakly. “I’m burning all over.” I take a quick X ray inside him. “Your blood is tainted with lead.” I tell him.

Mon EL grows fainter with each passing word. “That…explains it….” He says. “To Daxamites, lead is like a poison. Like your…” He collapses to the ground.

“Kryptonite.”

I’m left wondering what Kryptonite is. I already know how Mon El got the lead poisoning. Luthor’s buildings are lined with them. When I pushed him through the building that must have infected him.

When Mon El awakens, I tell him about how, with the help of my father, I was able to repair the Phantom Zone teleporter. I tell him about my plan to keep him alive. I think since powers vanish in the Phantom Zone, so will his lead poisoning.

“After all I did to you.” He says. “You still show me kindness. I will guard the Phantom Zone with my life.” He tells me. “The war is…finally….over.

I use the ray on him.

Epilogue:

Out in the regions of space, General Zod floats. Closer and closer, eventually he comes across a blue sun. The closer he gets to it, the more the wound in his chest begins to heal, until he starts using his hearing. “BA bum. BA bum. BA bum.” His heart starts beating. He opens his eyes, and sees a meteor too big to be just rock. He glimpses inside of it, to see a spaceship, and glimpses inside the ship, to see a teenaged, blonde girl. Zod flies off in another direction, waiting for his friends to be freed, so he can fight Kal El…another day.

Reflecting on the matter Zod talks to himself and says “Ah. Kara….Going to see your cousin?”  

The end?

Nightwing12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nightwing12

That was amazing! Bravo!

Forum Posts