Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

Previous: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/ultimate-hero-crisis-16-save-us-1579961/

Ultiman Universe illuminated the dark of empty space. Credo widened his blank green eyes in astonishment.

Credo: Well... this is an unexpected development. I am unfamiliar with your current form.

Ultiman: Me too. I'm curious to see what it is.

Credo: Then it is sad that you will not get the chance. All you have done is simply a waste of time.

Credo pointed his index finger at the hero and a second later, a beam of energy shot out. However, the blast dissipated before it could touch the hero.

Credo: I see. So you have figured out how to erect a barrier. Clever but not quite good enough.

Ultiman: Barrier?

Credo fired more blasts, though still none could reach Ultiman.

Credo: Hmm...

Credo sped over to Ultiman in an instant. He was ready to throw a punch when a large dent appeared in the side of his face. He flew a short distance and stopped.

Credo: And it seems that you have become acquainted with my telekinesis as well. Interesting...

Ultiman: Dude, what are you talking about? I didn't do any of that stuff. All I did was hit you.

Credo: Foolishness!

Credo sped over to Ultiman again. He threw a flurry of punches and kicks while teleporting on all sides of his opponent. Still none connected even though the hero appeared to be perfectly still. Finally, Ultiman caught one of Credo's fists and held it tightly in his hand.

Ultiman: See? No tricks.

At that, Credo vanished in a flash and reappeared a short distance away. He looked intently at his hand.

Credo: That is not possible. I did not see him move. That would mean that his speed escaped my eyes. Nothing escapes these eyes...

Credo turned to Ultiman and made a choking motion with his hand. Ultiman's contracted as if being squeezed. Credo then teleported behind Ultiman and readied an attack. However, the hero broke free and hit Credo's face just the same. He then followed up with a brutal knee to the stomach, causing Credo to slump over in pain.

Ultiman: Looks like you actually felt that one.

Credo remain slumped over as he spoke.

Credo: So that's it... fascinating... it seems that I have miscalculated. For both you and Firo.

Credo stood up once more.

Credo: From here on out, I am forced to use my senses and body at their best. Through your death, you have attained the power of a god. Truly an anomaly of the highest calibur. However, my world has no need for 2 gods. So even now, I cannot allow you to exist.

Ultiman: Looks like the feelings mutual. I won't let you do whatever the hell you want. Because I'm gonna set everything right, once and for all!

Credo: Then let the war of gods begin!

Credo and Ultiman flew at each other . Their fists met one after another as their barrages of punches collided. Finally, one of Credo's punches got through and grazed Ultiman's cheek. However, Ultiman returned a punch that clipped Credo's shoulder. Credo grunted with frustration as the two flew apart from each other.

Ultiman: I can handle anything you got old man!

Credo raised his hand above his hand. Slowly, everything began to dim and a light grew in Credo's palm.

Credo: Then handle every photon in creation!

No Caption Provided

Suddenly, a neon ring formed out of the light that Credo held. It then exploded outward into a storm of multi-colored spears.

Credo: QUADRILLION VOLT SHOWER!!!

No Caption Provided

Ultiman dodged a countless number of them with speed alone. He then charged up energy and then sprayed the incoming maelstrom, exploding with flashes of neon light them as it scanned across. The remaining spears flew into the distance, annihilating everything that they touched be it planet or star. Everything was engulfed in an ocean of colors rippling throughout space. Credo and Ultiman’s eyes were fixed on each other, monitoring every inch of each other. Then in an instant, both were trading blows once more. Their punches and kicks flew more violently than ever before. As they fought, they flew around and incredible speed, streaking across the darkness like 2 shooting stars dancing with one another. They were leaving streaks of light hovering wherever they went as their energies flared intensely. Finally, Credo landed a solid kick on Ultiman’s stomach and sent him flying. The hero doubled over in pain for a moment and then regained his composure.

Credo: I grow tired of this. Come hero, and let us bring this to an end.

Ultiman: Wouldn’t have it any other way!

Ultiman charged Credo once more at full speed. However the instant he got within striking distance, Credo landed a solid hit on his face. Ultiman threw several punches back, but every single one got blocked and Credo landed 3 more hits on Ultiman.

Ultiman: What the hell! I can’t keep up with him anymore. What happened?

Credo: Are you having trouble?

Ultiman: Wait, something’s wrong here. I feel something weird hovering around, as if he was controlling… I got it! You’re messing with time!

Credo: How perceptive of you. You are no longer able to guard against my attacks. By taking 2 points in time and pulling them together, I can make an action instantaneous. For example, the point in time where I create a fist, and the point where it gets to where your head is.

Credo clenched his fist and threw a punch at Ultiman who sidestepped it immediately. However, all color inverted for a split second. The hero was then back where he started as Credo’s punch was thrown forcing it to make contact with his opponent. Ultiman reeled back for a moment.

Credo: I call it TIME SHUT.

Ultiman: Damn it!

Credo: So, how will you respond to this?

Ultiman simply looked at Credo for a moment. He then charged Credo once more as before. Credo scoffed in disgust without moving.

Credo: Half-witted child!

Credo threw another punch. Ultiman dodged only to have Credo rearrange time to his liking. However, time moved again allowing the hero to block and counterattack. Astonished, Credo dodged himself only to have another fist instantly fly toward his head.

Credo: This boy learned the concept of my Time Shut after a simple explanation. What is he?

He used Time Shut once more only to have Ultiman counter with the same followed by another counter. The two were trading blows evenly once again. All color was constantly inverted, transforming space into an endless white void decorated with small black pinholes. As their fists flew at each other faster and faster space itself began to fracture slowly, creating a black rift around to two fighters. On the inside of it only colors could be seen, swirling around and mixing into otherworldly forms of light. Suddenly, the two simultaneously broke apart from one another.

No Caption Provided

The newly created rift slammed shut, throwing a shockwave throughout the area. Credo and Ultiman then began throwing barrages of energy blasts at each other. Each blast found an opposing blast, preventing either side from progressing. As they collided, each pair exploded like a gargantuan fireworks display of yellow and blue. As before, their throws became faster and more forceful by the second until the entire foreseeable area was engulfed in a storm of energy blasts. The war finally came to a halt when the two enemies began charging energy. Ultiman’s energy flared as did Credo’s until they finally fired full beams at each other. The two streams of energy clashed, radiating a bright green light all around.

Ultiman: I won’t quit Credo! I can’t! Not now!

Credo: That will not be necessary because you will perish here! You’re at your limit!

The two fighters pushed with all of their might, forcing the beams to become stronger and more brilliant with each passing second. The section where the two beams crossed fluxed back and forth as each fighter struggled on their end.

Ultiman: I guess that’s the thing about fighting for others… there ARE NO LIMITS!!!

Ultiman’s energy output increases exponentially in size until it was simply a wave of blue light, surging forth like a celestial jet stream. Credo’s energy could no longer hold it back and he was completely engulfed in it and washed away.

No Caption Provided

The blast flew across several light-years of space and plowed through any solar system it passed through, leaving a trail of light and destruction along the way. It finally met with a distant pulsar, causing an explosion that lit up the vast darkness. Gas and particles were littered about and the residual energy of the blast slowly faded. Credo floated motionlessly through the void allowing himself to drift. In a flash, Ultiman appeared nearby and glowing brightly.

Credo: How? This vermin … scum … vile filth … you dare to impede the work of a god?

Ultiman: For a god, you’re a pretty sore loser. Which is a very human quality for you to have.

Credo shot a disgusted look at Ultiman at those words.

Credo: Wretched child! You know nothing of me! Of this power!

Ultiman: I know that this is over. I’m fixing everything you destroyed and ending this nightmare. And I’ll start by taking your power.

Credo snapped upright upon hearing this.

Credo: Taking my power? God’s power? I will never allow that!

Credo charged up an energy blast. However, just as he readied it to fire, Matt was already in front of Credo. The hero grabbed him by his arm and twisted violently effectively ending the attack and rendering the arm useless. Credo let out a shriek of pain and began to retreat.

Credo: You will not stop me human! I will simply take a different universe, no, a dimension! And then I shall return to conquer this one. You have not won!

Credo flew off into the distance. As he flew, a hole opened in the fabric of space creating portal. Credo flew through it causing it and himself to vanish into this air. Credo emerged on a planet in a foreign space. Clouds of gas swayed like ocean currents after being ejected from deep dark crevices just before being pulled back in as if the ground itself was breathing. Bizarre lights drifted calmly by but then went through short spats where they whizzed around at incredible speeds before returning to their previous state. Countless unknown creatures zipped around with seemingly no heed to gravity. Odd noises akin to whales in the ocean as well as electrical discharge also filled the realm.

No Caption Provided

Credo looked around in amazement as he made he flew through the strange world. However, he stopped and turned around when he heard a familiar sound behind him. He saw the place where he had just emerged from begin to warp and ripple like the surface of water. It continued until glowing blue fingers could be seen piercing the space. They slowly pulled the rift apart. Finally, Ultiman tore it wide open and peered inside looking infuriated.

No Caption Provided

Credo was dumbfounded.

Credo: You followed me here? How? You could not have possibly found this exact place in the infinite cosmos!

Ultiman: You... You bastard! You ruin the lives of everyone you touch, bring ruin to the world, decimate the universe with no remorse! And now, once I confront you, you have the nerve to run?! … I'll kick your ass a TRILLION TIMES HARDER FOR THAT!!!

Ultiman jumped through the portal and flew at Credo who fled from him. Credo created another portal. Through it, several more portals could be seen, linking one universe to the next. Each portal led to a world vastly different then the last. Some were fiery realms where the plasma flared as far the eye could see while others were dank wastelands where the sky appeared to be an abyss. Credo flew through all of them, closing each one after use. However, no matter how many times he jumped worlds, Ultiman would blast through the space like glass, relentlessly giving chase. Ultiman finally had finally had enough when he took on an incredible burst of speed, easily overtaking Credo. Ultiman grabbed him by the face and held tight. Credo struggled to get free but to no avail. The hero dragged Credo through a world of pure energy where storms of radiation raged in all directions constantly. Credo was violently battered by the waves. Ultiman finally blasted through the fabric of space once more, returning to his own reality. He finally released Credo, tossing him into the distance. He drifted motionlessly through space. Ultiman then clapped his hands together and began gathering energy.

Ultiman: I’m ending this.

Credo: No… you will not win… I will not let you… I will not LOOOSE!!!

Credo came back to life. His golden energy started to overflow violently, covering his body. In an instant he lunged at Ultiman, going at full speed. However, the hero didn’t mind. He simply pulled his hand apart and allowed the light to blossom outward.

Ultiman: Transfer System …

The light formed into a large blade, similar to his Proton Blade but with several more jagged edges, slightly resembling a lightning bolt. He slowly raised the light blade above his head, causing it to shine increasingly more brightly until it could be seen throughout space. Credo continued his charge. Ultiman allowed him to get within striking distance of the blade before bringing it down in one swift motion.

Ultiman: … X-Calibur…

No Caption Provided

The instant the blade was swung Credo stopped dead in his tracks. The blade then dissipated, allowing everything to dim. The hero then calmly watched in silence. Everything was still. Then a single white line formed out of thin air where the blade had passed. It ran straight up and down, bisecting Credo’s entire body. The line then stretched out infinitely into the universe, bisecting everything it crossed. Slowly, the two halfs that were divided by the line began to drift away from each other. One half of Credo’s body drifted upward while the other went downward. This included the solar system, the galaxy, and the rest of the universe, excluding Matt himself.

No Caption Provided

Ultiman: Whoops… Maybe I overdid it. What the hell do I do now?

The hero reached out and clutched at each half of space with one hand. He then strained heavily attempting to pull them back together. After a moment, the halfs finally began to move back into place. He then gave a sigh of relief and relaxed. Credo still sat motionlessly, watching his victorious opponent.

Credo: What… what kind of power was that?

Ultiman: Now be a good little tyrant and stay right there. I’ve got a lot of work to do.

The hero turned his back to Credo and looked out into the vast distance. He extended his arms with his palms out, causing the fabric of space to vibrate. As it rippled more and more strongly, a portal opened up. Inside was a realm of pure Hyperion energy. It blazed brightly like a multicolored wildfire while also flowing like water. Matt looked amazed by it’s strange and hypnotizing beauty. He then approached the portal, intending to enter. However, suddenly, Credo sprung on Matt and grabbed him tightly by the shoulders. He was shaking violently. His entire body twitched erratically. His fingers also became more claw-like, digging deeply into Matt’s body. Matt screamed in pain. Credo’s blank face started to open up, revealing a disturbingly large mouth. It opened as if it was covered in some sort of sludge and had horridly jagged fangs of the same color as his skin. The inside of the mouth was completely green with a glow being emitted from deep within his body.

Ultiman: Get the hell off me!

Credo: It is mine! All of it… mine! You will never have it… I will devour all of reality and build a new one on your grave!

Ultiman tried to shake him off, but Credo refused to let go.

Ultiman: I said, GET THE HELL OFF ME!!!

Finally, the hero gave a massive omnidirectional discharge of energy that decimated everything. Credo flew for a short distance. Before stopping.

Credo: They think you are a hero for simply becoming strong and putting on a costume? You are still nothing but a foolish human! Worthless! Just like all the rest!

At these words, Ultiman flew at Credo.

Ultiman: No! They didn’t call me a hero because of these powers!

The blue energy dissipated from around Matt revealing his original body.

Ultiman: And not because of some dumb costume.

Matt tore the remaining piece if his scarf from around his neck.

Ultiman: I’m a hero because I’ll NEVER let bastards like you WIN!!!

Matt collided with Credo, giving him a savage head-butt. A mighty shockwave ripped throughout space followed by complete calm. Credo lay completely still. His forehead slowly began to crack, allowing bright green light from inside to spill out. The rest of his body began to chip away and break as well until his original body was all that remained. Credo fell unconscious and simply drifted away.

Matt: Jeez. Finally. Now stay there!

Matt turned back to the portal. He slowly approached it, took a deep breath, and then dove in. The colors enveloped him and a rushed by like ocean waves. Matt made his way deeper and deeper into the realm and then stopped.

Matt: Alright. There’s only one way to set everything right. I’ll seal this place off and make sure that this stuff never did and never will get into my world. That should work, right Firo? I’m not sure what’ll happen to me though… But I’m kinda excited to see. Haha, let’s find out!

Matt raises his hand. The energy begins to swirl around him at incredible speed. It engulfs Matt’s body from top to bottom causing him a bit of pain. However, he doesn’t budge and keeps the action going. The energy keeps swirling faster and faster. It then bursts outward, whiting out everything.

Years in the past on Earth, several scientists stand around a large machine in a lab. It looks similar to the Hyperion generators but slightly less advanced. One of the researchers turns the machine on. If slowly fires up and the fabric of space in one particular area begins to vibrate. A small portal begins to open and the neon Hyperion energy can be seen inside. The scientists look at it with awe. And talk amongst themselves. However, the hole begins to give off a sort of electrical discharge and closes with a snap. The researchers look at each other for a moment and then give up in defeat.

Scientist: Looks like another failure. I just don’t know what else to do with this machine.

Credo: Get rid of it. It’s no use.

Credo leaves the laboratory. At this moment, a white light begins to overtake everything, leaving nothing behind. At all the other points in time, the scenes blank out, unbeknownst to the people in them until time has vanished. The white then turns to black and all is a void.

The sun rises. Haven City is busy as always as people go about their days.

No Caption Provided

The Federation has their orientation day. A unit leader takes his new recruits through the facilities to get acquainted with them. They came to a large metal door with beautiful designs across the surface.

Unit Leader: And this is the meeting room. This is where high ranking members of the Federation come together to assess various things and decide the best courses of action.

Suddenly, the door slid open. Several Federation officials walked out. The last one to leave was a handsome young man with well-groomed blond hair and the only uniform with a red interior. He looked at the new recruits and smiled.

Firo: Hey, what’s up guys? I hope you come to like it here. See ya around!

Firo walked off, leaving the crowd in awe. Firo rushed out of the building and into the complex. It was abuzz with activity as always. As Firo is walking, an air bike quickly pulls up next to him. The rider wears a helmet and the bike has a rose design going up the side. The rider takes off their helmet.

Firo: Hey, Lisa. Where’re you off to?

Lisa: I have some time off, so I figured I’d catch a movie with some friends.

Firo: Hmph, lucky. I have meetings every day this week.

Lisa: Sucks to be you then. Especially since that concert they're having downtown is tomorrow night.

Firo: Well... maybe I could slip away just for a bit.

Lisa: Haha, awesome. Then I guess I'll see you there. Stay gold, Firo!

Firo: Later!

Lisa puts her helmet back on and quickly pulls off, whipping up a bit of dust. Firo continues on ahead. He comes to the mail center just in time to find Heiwajima leaving with a package in his hands.

Firo: Yo, Steve.

Steven: Firo.

Firo: What do you have planned for the day?

Steven: I have to go prep for a surveillance mission. France, I leave in a couple of hours.

Firo: Wow, cool! I wish I could come. Hey, what’s that in the box by the way?

Steven opens the box to reveal several wrapped pastries.

Steven: They’re treats from my home temple. Komori’s students made them for her after she returned and she wanted me to have some. Here, help yourself.

Firo: Wow, thanks!

Firo happily takes a roll.

Steven: I’ll go drop these off at my place and then head out. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Firo: See you, good luck!

Firo parts ways with Heiwajima and continues on. He takes of bite of the roll and looks pleased. Further down, the sound of gunfire fills the air as Firo passes the shooting range. Firo goes over to have a look to find several soldiers having target practice while Rajeev watches. One soldier gets a hit slightly off the center of the target.

Soldier: Haha, yeah. I did it! You see that sir? I’m getting better!

Rajeev: Better? Are you proud of that half ass shot? I know guys who can kill flies with some pebbles and a rubber band. Now reload. And if you miss like that again, you’re running laps! That goes for all of you worthless dirt munchers!!!

The soldiers looked utterly terrified as they prepared to resume practice. Firo finally approached looking perplexed.

Firo: So, how’s the promotion treating you?

Rajeev: Oh, it’s you. It sucks! I have to spend all my time training these no talent rats. And the paperwork is endless.

Firo: Um, you think you could take it easy on these guys? I mean, not everyone is as good a shot as you.

Rajeev: Huh? Hell no. These guys are trash, but… If I’m gonna train em’ they’re gonna be real monsters by the time I’m done here. Or die, whichever… KEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!

His insane laughter filled the air. Firo looked terrified of the gunman as well.

Firo: Alright, well I wish them luck on their hellish new journey.

Rajeev: Where are you going anyway?

Firo: I have a briefing before my mission today… which I’m running a bit late for. See ya!

Firo jogs off, allowing Rajeev to get back to his troops. Firo makes his way past several buildings before passing Sean on the path to HQ. He stops running momentarily to talk.

Firo: Hey, Sean!

Sean: What’s up? You late for something?

Firo: Yeah, actually. What are you up to?

Sean: Just going to go test some equipment.

Sean raises his wrist and touches a button on his watch. Several pieces of metal and machinery jut out from inside his boot, his sleeves, and from under his shirt. Firo looks amazed at the gear. Sean hits the button again and it all disappears again.

Sean: I’ve been working on it for a while. So I’m glad that I can finally go see if it works.

Firo: Awesome! Good luck with it, man! And I’m not forgetting about our game. When I get back, I’m winning with a Hyper Combo K.O.!

Sean: Ha, I doubt that. Later.

Firo jogs off again. He finally reaches the HQ and runs inside.

No Caption Provided

He passes several offices and other room before making it to the meeting room. He pushes open the door to find Troy waiting for him.

Troy: It’s about time, Firo.

Firo: Sorry! I got a little sidetracked today.

Troy: It’s hard not to. This place is more lively than it’s been in a long time. Especially since your dad took over.

Firo: Yeah. He’s a good leader. He always does what’s best for the people.

Troy: That’s right. The world has come a long way to this point. Finally, a time of peace.

Firo: But I also have a long way to go. Because… I’m gonna replace him one day and help the world keep moving forward!

Troy: I could see that happening. So, let’s get started!

Firo: Right!

In a certain town in a certain place…

Winter is in full force and the snow has piled up and the streets are slick. People go about their days, battling with the cold winds. A teenage girl on her way to school hurries through down the sidewalk.

Girl: Aw man, I’m not gonna make it!

She jogs quickly until she slips and falls. She manages to sit up. Her face is covered in snow and she appears to have given up. Suddenly, a man walks up to her and extends his hand to her.

???: Hey, you OK?

Girl: Uh, yeah.

She takes his hand and he helps her up.

Girl: I’m not gonna make it to school on time though. One more lateness and I’ll get suspended!

???: Hm, I dunno. I think you should at least try. That way, you can at least say you didn’t give up, right?

The girl looks confused for a moment. She then appears to have regained confidence. She dusts her clothes off and wipes the snow off her face, looking determined.

Girl: Alright! Thanks mister!

???: Haha, be careful!

The man walks away. The twin tails of his scarf blow in the wind. The girl starts running once again. However, this time she goes into a full sprint getting increasingly fast. She makes her way through town and takes various shortcuts. She finally reaches the school and bolts through the door. She hides her jacket under the staircase and runs up to her classroom, bursting through the door just as the bell rings. All the other students look at her wildly as she stands in front of them panting. She looks up and smiles at them all.

No Caption Provided

Extra Episode 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/ultimate-hero-x-asura-s-wrath-the-bravest-vs-the-a-1640325/

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Interesting. This is my first time reading one of your UHC stories and I can tell you have constructed a developed universe. The fight, especially at the beginning, reminds me of Dragonball GT when Gogeta fought Omega Shenron. I wonder, what are your influences? The fight itself was pretty creative and I like the cosmic element you brought to it. I've never seen/read something that vast before. It was entertaining. My only problem is the length of the story.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

@thespiritstalker: Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate the feedback.

I drew inspiration from several places. Like the team of soldiers was loosely modeled after the original Star Trek crew. And when they warp, visually I had the JJ Abrams movies in mind.

And your definitely right about the fights. I had anime like DBZ/GT, Gurren Lagann, Sengoku Basara, and Needless in mind. I also thought of video games like Asura's Wrath, Metal Gear, and Halo. When making them, I kinda just created the fights I always wanted to see.

Yes, the story is really long and can look like a task to read. It turned out that way because there was a lot that I wanted to develop in the story like Ultiman and Firo's relationship, the team's back stories, and the course of events leading up the final battle. I just wanted everything in the story to come full circle and make sense.