Thunderbolts Valentine's Anthology 2016

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Well it's (almost) Valentine's Day and since I'll be elsewhere that day, I thought I'd give everyone looking for that special someone (or something) a treat to let you know that I'll be thinking of you.

Impurest Cheese

Thunderbolts: Instinct

Undisclosed Location

"Look at them my darling." The unseen male figure hissed as he watched the screens before him on the wall. Each one showing a hallway of the college filled with students milling around. "Look at the those pathetic creatures ruled by their base instincts, look at them fawning over each other all because of a man who was beaten to death over a thousand years ago." He stopped and turned to look at the old fashioned looking bomb sitting behind him. "Well if it's their base instincts they want to give into, then we'll make sure they have a primal Saint Valentines Day Burton Canyon will never forget!"

Thunderbolts Base, Burton Canyon

Tilda Johnson AKA Doctor Nightshade smiled as she read the comments her lecturer had written on her paper detailing the use of 'cross species genetic material in modern medicine'. Even despite her extracurricular Thunderbolt activities the paper had been easy to complete, although the fact that she'd performed such procedures before had given her an insight into what was required.

"So Tilda I hear there's a Valentines Dance at College." Atlas mused, as he poured himself a cup of coffee. "You got anyone special to go with?"

No Caption Provided

"Maria." Nightshade replied, as she placed her assignment down. "We're making a statement that we don't need dates to have a good time." She added, as Abe and Melissa walked past lugging a pair of suitcases. "Where are they going?"

"Italy." Erik answered. "They are heading out for a long weekend in Sienna which means until Monday the Thunderbolts don't exist. Well unless something terrible and world threatening happens to head for Colorado." He added, before sending red ionic sparks up and down his coffee cup until the water inside was steaming.

"I can't see Dr Cooper agreeing to that somehow." Nightshade replied, as Yuki walked past carrying a suit holder, before backtracking into the room.

"Your uniform synthesiser finished making your dress." Yuki announced, as she handed Tilda the suit holder. "I took the liberty to enhance the silk with tiny hoarfrost crystals." She added, as Tilda removed the white silk dress, the bodice almost glowing under the light.

"That's beautiful Yuki." Atlas murmured, as he sent an ionic pulse through the crystals, the small ice particles now gleaming with their own internal light.

"Thank you both, this is incredible!" Tilda squeaked, as she gave Yuki a swift hug, before kissing Atlas on the cheek. "I never had a prom dress or you know a prom because I was in jail at the time. I can't thank you enough!" She added, before dashing out the room, the dress fluttering behind her.

"Are you still planning to walk to Wyoming this weekend?" Yuki asked Atlas, as she glided over to the fridge and removed a bottle of spring water, the liquid freezing instantly at her touch.

"That's the plan unless something drastic happens." Erik mumbled, just as the base's emergency siren sounded. "Typical, that'll teach me to open my big mouth." He sighed, as both of the Thunderbolts headed for the door.

No Caption Provided

"Reports from Project Pegasus show that the thief was only able to make off with a single 'Madbomb'." Captain America stated over the holographic link in the briefing room. "SHIELD is currently investigating the theft but we are informing all allied agents to be on the lookout for the bomb and its mind altering effects." He added, before signing off.

"Well that was a waste of time." Atlas sighed as he got up from his chair.

"It's unlikely that the Madbomb will turn up in Burton Canyon," Valerie Cooper stated, as she looked around at her assembled Thunderbolts, "still it's not the only thing missing. Where are Abner and Melissa?"

"Somewhere over the Atlantic by now." Rock Python hissed under his breath. "So are we looking for this thing or not? I mean the facility is in New Hampshire and the bomb is the size of a small car, it couldn't have gotten far right?"

"Unlikely, still I would feel happier if we had some kind of neural shield to prevent us being affected by telepathic attackers." Valerie sighed, as the rest of the Thunderbolts got to their feet. "To that end Tilda and I will start working on such a device." She added as most of the Thunderbolts filed out of the room, leaving Nightshade alone in the room with Valerie.

"Uhm Dr Cooper, is it possible to start brainstorming tomorrow." Nightshade asked quietly. "I was hoping to go to the Valentines Day Dance at university this evening."

"Of course Tilda, you're not the only one with plans for tonight." Valarie replied, before shooting Nightshade a warm smile. "Just make sure you return in a state to start work tomorrow, oh and that you have fun of course."

Burton Canyon College, Burton Canyon

Tilda sat on the bench outside the gymnasium, loud music pumping out of the windows and door, multiple couples dressed in formal wear walking arm in arm around the building and the surrounding campus.

"Wow you look beautiful Tilda." A Hispanic voice stated. Looking up Tilda smiled as she saw the woman dressed in a purple evening gown, her dark hair streaked with blood red highlights.

No Caption Provided

"So do you Maria." Tilda said, as the two women embraced each other. "Ready to be smart, single and fabulous?" She asked.

"Aren't we always?" Maria asked, as the pair of them headed for the party. "It sounds crazy in there." She added, as Tilda rolled her eyes. "It's one of those days, or one of those weekends. At least we can keep our heads, unlike the slaves to passion around us." She added, as the pair walked past a young couple kissing under a nearby oak tree. Entering the hall, both the young women weaved through the crowd on the dance floor to an occupied space at the front of the hall.

"You ready to dance?" Tilda yelled, her voice almost inaudible over the music.

"Huh?" Maria asked, just as the music faded and the P.A. system on the wall screeched.

"Greetings my peers, although I use that term loosely when talking about you dim-witted sex crazed animals." The voice over the P.A. screeched. "My name is Harris Lyle, and I am disgusted at the state of this university. It should be a place of intellect not frenzied passion, perhaps after tonight the board of directors will share my view. Oh well time to get crazy, in ten, nine..."

"C**p." Tilda swore as she struggled to get her phone out of the bag draped over her shoulder, her fingers flying over the keypad.

"four, three, two..." Harris counted, just as Tilda pressed send, "...one!" He sneered, his words drowned out by a low vibrating hum. As his countdown ended there was a moment of calm, one that was broken by a cacophony of yelling and screaming as all across the campus students, staff and visitors turned on each other.

Rock Python finished frying the aubergine fritters in the pan, before turning his attention to the oven, the sea-bass fillets inside sizzling nicely. Sighing to himself he looked over at the clock on the wall, before turning the oven off as Erik went racing past the door.

"Where's the fire?" Curtis asked, as he followed Erik down the hallway to the garage.

"The Mad Bomb has been found...on the campus of Burton Canyon University." Erik replied, "Nightshade sent us a warning text, but her phone is no longer available."

Burton Canyon College, Burton Canyon

Five minutes later the Thunderbolts arrived at the police cordon on the edge of the campus, just as an ambulance departed. Slipping out of the driver's seat Valerie walked up to the officer in charge, before shaking her head in disgust.

"What is it?" Erik asked.

"They've shot five people trying to leave campus." Valerie told him, as she drew her side-arm. "They used live-fire despite their targets being unarmed. So far SWATs plan is to wait the effects of the Madbomb out, despite the high potential for casualties if we leave the students to tear each other apart."

"I take it we're going in?" Rock Python asked. "What's to stop us going wild as well?"

"The bomb has detonated so there should be no residual psychological effects." Valerie announced. "We have two targets, the P.A. office and the gymnasium. Atlas, you and I are on crowd control at the gym, Rock Python take Yuki and secure the P.A. office." She ordered. "And remember they are innocent victims so try and avoid harming them." She added, as the two teams split up and headed for their objectives.

"I never remembered university being this violent." Rock Python grunted, as a student in formal wear swung a hockey stick at him, the makeshift club splintering on impact. "Although technically I never went."

No Caption Provided

"Nor did I." Yuki added, as she elbowed a screaming woman pulling at her hair. "These children are quite feral. Truly this madbomb is a frightful tool of war indeed." She added, as she turned and struck a naked attacker in the face.

"Has me wondering if the guy behind this is even in the building." Rock Python suggested as he threw a bolas at a woman running at Yuki with scratch marks slashed down her face. "If he is then it's likely he's a raving loony just like the rest of them."

"It would be the perfect camouflage for him." Yuki replied, as she shot a wave of ice at a burning cabinet blocking the corridor. "It is probable that we will not know him when we see him." She added, as Rock Python shattered the cabinet to peices and walked up to the office housing the P.A. system.

Valarie dodged a blow from one of the students charging out of the gymnasium, blood dripping down his lips, before elbowing him to the ground. Seconds later three more attackers were rushing towards her, this time consisting of an asian man weilding a guitar and two blonde women. Drawring her stun gun, Valerie oppened fire, taking out the guitar weilder and one of the women, only for the remaining 'mad woman' to wrap her hands round her throat and begin to choke her.

"Get off of her!" Atlas yelled, as he kicked the blonde off of Valarie as another attacker punched him in the back. "It's beginning to get difficult not to hurt these guys." He grunted, as he spun round and punched the man. "I still can't see Nightshade in all this rabble."

"I can." Valarie replied, as she dodged a clumsy jump kick from a man dressed in a blue tuxedo. Reaching the front of the stage she saw Tilda and Maria throttling each other. "Hey get off her!" She called, before shooting Maria with a stun round. Snarling Tilda let go of Maria and came runing towards her teammate, spittle dripping from her jaws. Side stepping her attacker Valarie grabbed Tilda by the hair and placed a tiara on the rabid woman's forehead. Shuddering Nightshade fell to the floor, just as the P.A. crackled.

"Guys, we may have a solution." Curtis announced over the speakers. "Cover your ears, Yuki's going to try a campus wide hypnotic trance."

"All this rage burns like a furnace inside the wintery depths of your souls," Yuki hummed over the P.A. system, "do not feed it, rest here in safety and awake in spring with no need for rage." She added, her voice causing all the infected students to slump to the floor.

"Wha...what happened?" Nightshade murmured as she got up, her body wincing with pain. "Guys the Madbomb is here!"

"It detonated, your looking at the aftermath of one twisted Valentines Day party." Eric stated as he walked over to where his two teammates stood. "Fortunately I remembered that Zemo and Fixer designed devices to shield us from the Enclave's Bio-Modem control, I took the one in Mel's costume to cancel out the Madbomb's effect on your brain."

"What about the bomber? His name was Harris Lyle or something like that." Nightshade stated, as she slid down the wall and held her head in his hands.

No Caption Provided

Harris Lyle panicked as he saw the Thunderbolts and the police come down the stairs to the boiler room on the monitor feed. Glancing at the locked door, he rushed over to the casing of the Madbomb and started fiddling with the device's control panel.

"Come on, come on." He grumbled as he reset the sonic generator inside the bomb. "Activate countdown n..." Before he could finish the sonic generator of the Madbomb detonated, a wave of sound knocking Harris to the floor, before the bomb shut down. Growling and snarling Harris rushed on all fours towards the door just as it burst open. Lunging at the closest figure Harris was unaware of the bolas striking him in the chest, steel cords wraping around him before he fell to the floor.

Tilda sat timidly on the bench next to Maria, neither one of them daring to look the other in the eye.

"I'm sorry," Tilda whispered.

"So am I." Maria replied. "Are we still...you know."

"Of course." Tilda stated with a smile as both women turned to face each other. "You're my friend Maria."

"You're my friend too." Maria answered before leaning in for a hug. "So if this is what they do for Valentines Day, I'd hate to see what happens on St Patricks."

Thunderbolts: A Walk in the Woods

Erik Josten AKA Atlas happily ate the cooked breakfast his team-mate had cooked. As he ate, he skimmed the map laid out on the table, his route to the Wyoming border marked in red ink.

No Caption Provided

"Are you sure I can't tempt you with another helping of bacon Erik?" Rock Python asked as he finished frying an egg in the pan, and transferred it onto Erik's plate. "The others won't be up for hours."

"Thanks for the offer Curtis but I should really be heading out.'' Erik stated, as he cut the egg up. "Val has my number should you need me."

"What if you need us?" Curtis asked, as he placed his own breakfast on the table and sat down.

"I'm just going for a walk Curtis, I doubt anything between here and Wyoming is going to be a threat to me." Erik snorted, just as a ripple of air stalked past the open door and phased into the wall.

Somewhere in North Colorado

A few hours later and Erik was striding through the hills and forests of Colorado, each step clearing a good thirty foot. Coming to a stop in a fire damaged clearing, Erik bent down and drug his massive fingers through the ash covered soil, before standing up straight as an invisible figure walked into the glade.

"Why did you call me out here Scourge?" Erik asked, as the unseen figure de-cloaked to reveal a man dressed in demonic looking armour. "And how can I trust you after you tried to murder me a few months back?"

No Caption Provided

"I finished my investigation into the affairs of the Crimson Cowl and I can confirm that there is a connection between Justine Hammer's successor and the corrupting force inside the CSA and the Thunderbolts" Scourge announced as the demonic grin turned to a look of worry. "As for trusting me, well if my next few words don't convince you nothing will, Dallas Rhioden is in trouble."

"Wait what?" Erik spluttered, just as he saw Scourge remove a pair of cracked glasses. "I thought Dallas was dead!" He boomed in a voice so loud that all the birds took off, their screams mixing with the fading echo to produce an inhuman sounding din.

"The USB key I gave you should have explained everything to you." Scourge hissed, annoyance and worry present in equal measures in the voice and on the face of the master assassin.

"It was destroyed in an acident by Thor." Erik muttered as he shrunk down and took the glasses from Scourge. "These could be anyones glasses." He added, as he turned the item over in his hands.

"They could be, but there is trace elements of ionic energy on the lenses, ionic energy that matches the signature you give off." Scourge replied.

"I can feel it." Erik sighed. "It still doesn't mean you didn’t attack her. You did try and kill me."

"I did on the orders of my superiors." Scourge told him, before handing Erik an envelope full of photos. "I went to see Ms Rhioden and this is how I found her apartment. I'm not expecting you to trust me, but I'm expecting you to help me find Ms Rhioden."

"I can track the remaining ionic energy I gave to Dallas." Erik stated, as he increased in size. "Stay visable and walk in front of me." He snarled, as he started heading north. "I don't trust you not stab me in the back!"

A few quiet hours later, Erik shrunk down and peeked over the edge of the bluff he'd arrived at. Squatting next to him Scourge looked at his guide, and then at the rocks around him.

"Is she here?" Scourge asked.

"Her ionic energy signature is in the area." Erik answered as he ran a few ionic sparks across his fingers. "Everything is exposed though, from here we should be able to see her." He added as Scourge cycled the visor settings in his helmet.

"Would a hologram over the cliff face on the other side of the ditch answer why we can't see her?" Scourge asked in the smuggest voice possible. "I can see the distortion of the projected image but I can't see what's behind it."

"Let's find out." Erik grunted, as he jumped down into the ditch, his size increasing as he fell, the entire ridge shaking from the impact. With a roar he slammed his fist into the cliff top with enough force to cause the hologram to short out. Shrinking down Erik saw five men dressed in military garb surrounding a bound red haired woman dressed in trousers and a red coat.

"Dallas?!" Erik yelled, as Erik ran into the now exposed chamber, the gunmen opening fire with their assault rifles, the bullets deflecting off his ionic body. With a grunt, he disarmed the closest guard before smashing him in the face with his own weapon.

"We need one of these guys to talk Atlas." Scourge announced as he blasted two of the guards with a sonic blast from of his gauntlets. Not bothering to answer, Erik slammed a forth goon into the rock face, before turning on the fifth as he removed a knife and held it to Dallas's throat.

"You don't want to do that." Scourge stated, as a beam of energy struck the knife and the man's hand, both of them transmutating into foam. Looking at his hand in horror, the guard didn't see Erik's knock-out punch until is smashed into his face. "Hmm I really need to recalibrate the beam width of that alchemy gun I took from Chemistro." He murmured, before watching as Erik bent down behind Dallas and ripped the hand cuffs binding her apart.

"Erik I knew you'd come." Dallas gasped, as she rung her hands. "Thank you, those ties really ache."

"You weren't bound for long, the bruises aren't that developed." Scourge stated, as he looked around the room.

No Caption Provided

"Who is that?" Dallas asked. "Some new Thunderbolt?"

"You don't know him?'' Erik asked cautiously, as Scourge flicked his bo-staff out and ran it across the back wall, the metal tip phasing through the rock of the ridge.

"Hologram, there is something hidden back here." Scourge hissed, as Erik helped Dallas up. "NO WAIT!!" He yelled, just as the coat twitched before sinking microscopic drill bits into the Thunderbolts hand. Recoiling in pain, Erik watched as the coat pulled a hood over Dallas's face.

"Crimson Cowl!" Erik snarled, as he balled his fists and increased in size, only for his ionic energy to spark, and then cause him to shrink back to his normal size. "Where's Dallas and what have you done to me?" He snarled, as Scourge swiped at the Cowl with his staff, only for the villain to grab the weapon, before sending coils of fabric down the weapon and into the assassin's armour.

"Oh she's around." The Cowl purred as Scourge's armour sparked and shut down. "As for you...I'm getting you ready for your staring role." The Cowl added, as the hologram at the back of the cave dropped to reveal a monster with green scales restrained by a machine, as well as a man wearing a trench coat, his cropped blonde hair and glasses making him appear out of place.

"What...is..." Erik asked, only for a stabbing pain to interrupt his thought.

"Take your place my leading man." The trench coat wearing man ordered. Robotically Erik walked over to the machine, and strapped himself in next to the inert monster. "Time to get you into costume, something that matches the leading lady should be appropriate, don't you think Cowl?"

"As long as it looks realistic Mr FX I don't really mind." The Crimson Cowl answered, as Mr FX removed a tablet from his coat pocket and typed a command on the touch pad. Seconds later the machine sprung to life and inserted steel coatings onto Erik's body.

No Caption Provided

"Mr FX?" Scourge moaned, as he activated one of the few remaining active systems in his armour. With a hiss, a pair of grenades were launched from his shoulders, thick fog filling the room, as he staggered to his feet . "The special effects Mogul who fought Sleepwalker?"

"The one and the same." The Crimson Cowl announced, as it drew a blaster pistol from its cloak and opened fire, most of the shots going wide. "He's directing a little independent film for me." It added, as Scourge summoned up a round buckler painted red, white and blue and blocked the shots fired at him. "Let's give our guest a quick preview of what monstrosities I plan to unleash." The Cowl called, as a thick green scaly synthetic skin spread across Erik's metal coating.

"Attack of the Saurians, Scene 1, Take 1!" Mr FX called, as the machine released its two prisoners. "And Action." He bellowed as the two monsters ran at Scourge, the sheer ferocity of their onslaught instantly forcing the assassin on the defensive as he blocked their blows with his buckler, each punch causing his arm to crack under the pressure.

"Atlas please remember why we came here." Scourge grunted, as he darted away from the blow before throwing a smoke grenade onto the floor. Using the diversion the thick cloud of smoke provided Scourge leapt for the wall, adhesive pads in his gauntlets and boots adhering to the stone.

"Kill him." Crimson Cowl ordered. Increasing in size one of the monsters slammed his fist into stone, the blow causing Scourge to go flying off the wall towards the ground.

"Guess I know which one of them is Atlas." Scourge grumbled, as he landed feet first on the ground, only for the second monster to come crashing towards him, its size growing before it tackled him to the ground. Groaning Scourge pulled a pistol from his holster and aimed it at the Crimson Cowl.

"Ha this is hilarious. Take your shot and then see how fruitless your bullets are." The Cowl cackled. With a pained grunt Scourge opened fire, the bullets streaking towards the figure in crimson. Still laughing the Cowl teleported away just as the bullets curved round and impacted with Mr FXs tablet.

"Those rounds come from a guy called Tracer, after programming their target, they fly directly to the target." Scourge hissed. "I knew enough to understand that those monsters are under computerised control. Take that away and they answer to no one." He added as the metallic cases fell off of Atlas and the second monster to reveal a red haired woman dressed in a black bodysuit.

"I'm scraping this project." The Crimson Cowl hissed as she teleported away, a latex mask left where the villain had been standing. Not wasting any time Mr FX ran for the mouth of the cave, only for Atlas to grab a rock and throw it at the back of his head, the villainous mogul falling to the floor.

"Erik...I can't believe that your here." The woman gasped. "You too Wendy." She added as she turned to Scourge, the assassin looking down at her feet at being named. "Thank you, it's good to see you both."

"Your name is Wendy?" Erik snorted.

"Wendy Stryker. Are you okay boss?" Scourge asked.

"It's painful." Dallas replied. "But we have bigger worries. The Cowl was awfully chatty about her plans. She was planning to use Erik and I to kill Elsa Bloodstone and take her power gem. She even stole a 'Madbomb' to keep the authorities distracted while she put her plan into operation."

No Caption Provided

"Yeah those are concerns, but I'm more interested in Scourge calling you boss." Erik grunted. "That means you ordered her to kill me and my team-mates!"

"I can't talk about that Erik." Dallas stated, "At least not now, one day I will explain all, but not today." She sighed as Scourge twisted her bo-staff, a thick grey gas erupting from the tip. "Thank you for rushing in like a white knight," she said, tears running down her cheeks as she kissed Erik on the lips. "The amnesia gas will keep you from remembering today, I'm sorry but this is the way it must be.'' She added, as she took Scourge's hand, the pair of them teleporting away just as the fog cleared.

"Urgh what happened here?" Erik groaned as he shook his head and walked out of the cave. "And how much did I drink last night to have a hangover this bad?" He asked, as he walked south back towards home.

Thunderbolts: A Songbird in Sienna

"Hey get that bloody hunk of junk out of my parking space!" The pug faced British man dressed in cotton trousers and a shirt yelled from the wheel of the rented Masarati yelled, as he sounded the car's horn at the suit of battle armour parked in the car parking space.

"Excuse me Sir, can you stop that." The valet announced, as he came rushing out towards the car parking spaces. "The owner of that...er aircraft, reserved that space until Monday morning."

"That hunk of junk doesn't deserve to be there!" The man snarled as a young couple emerged from the hotel.

"You glad we didn’t take your MACH VII armour now?" Melissa asked, as they walked across the road and into the city centre.

"Sure am Mel." Abe replied, as he looked Melissa up and down as he took in the elegant blue dress and high heels she was wearing. "Did you see Stark's face when he passed us in the bar last night."

No Caption Provided

"He looked ready to check out then and there." Melissa answered, as the pair of them sat down at a little café just off the main square, the midday sun beaming down on them against a blue cloudless backdrop. "It's going to feel weird going home tomorrow, after everything that's been going on this break feels unreal, almost dream like."

"I know what you mean." Abe agreed as a waitress handed the pair of them some menus. "It's almost as if the stress has melted away." He added, as a man wearing a trench coat and fedora hat walked past, his conspicuous state of dress hidden by the crowd. "What do you think? The house red or the white?" He asked, as he ran his fingers up the menu.

"I don't mind as long as we stop by that little gelatto shop by the Torre de Mangia after lunch." Melissa replied, as she looked at her own menu. "The nocci looks good, as does the sea bass." She added, just as the man in the fedora sat down on a bench.

"The targets are in play, all participants sign in." The man ordered as he covertly spoke into the gauntlet he was wearing.

"This is Lady Hellebore representing Contrada de Selva." One of the waitresses whispered, as she carried out a tray of drinks to the couple two tables down from the pair of Thunderbolts.

"Bird Man responding, I'm representing Contrada de Aquilla." An avian looking man perched on the roof of Torre de Mangia squawked.

"This is the Great Wall representing Contrada de Torre." A giant of a man sitting across the plaza from the Thunderbolts stated.

"Pavane reporting in as representative for Contrada de Pantera." A blonde haired woman dressed only in a leotard purred, as she stood crouched in the back of a van.

"Killshot is on station, ready to serve Contrada de Onda." The red haired busker crouched over a metal case whispered, as he covertly assembled his sniper rifle.

"As per the request of the Contrada you represent only one of you can walk away with the points. I'm sure you know what that means." The man in the fedora ordered, as he watched Abe put a hand in his jacket pocket. Tapping his gauntlet twice, "Abner Roland Jenkins, Melissa Joan Gold you have been targeted by the Great Game!" The man announced, his voice magnified by his gauntlet. "Players make your move!"

No Caption Provided

"You've got to be kidding me?" Abe cursed, as he and virtually everyone else in the café got to their feet, confused looks on their faces. With a roar, a giant of a man came charging towards the pair of Thunderbolts as everyone else began to run.

"I got him!" Melissa called as she summoned a pair of sonic leg cuffs around the attacker only for them to dissolve on contact with his body. "I don't got this!" She gulped, as both Thunderbolts jumped aside just in time to avoid being clobbered.

"Those points belong to me, the Great Wall!" The attacker yelled, as Abe picked up a chair and flung it at him, the makeshift projectile shattering on the Great Wall's body. With an amused snort, the enraged giant lunged towards the source of the attack, his massive body sending the tables and chairs in his way flying.

"Abe look out!" Melissa called, as one of the waitresses stalked up behind her.

"You should take your own advice." The waitress hissed as she blew a wave of plant spores off the exposed flesh of her arms. "I bet a pretty little b***h like you doesn't remember me?"

"Mona Smithers AKA Lady Hellebore." Melissa coughed as she threw a clumsy punch at her foe, the blow going wide as she punched the overturned table behind Mona. Not wasting any time, Mona pressed her advantage and slammed the drinks tray down onto Melissa's head, the impact sending her staggering to the floor.

"I'm touched." Mona gasped, as Abe ducked under a blow from the Great Wall. "I've been waiting for this chance ever since I was arrested. But now it almost seems too easy with the acoustic dampeners in the gauntlets the Great Game provided." She added as she pulled a pistol from her concealed shoulder holster and pulled the trigger. Summoning up a sonic shield Melissa intercepted the round bullet, before reflecting it back at Mona.

"You need some new tricks." Melissa hissed, as she delivered a kick into Lady Hellebore's hand, the gun clattering to the floor as she staggered backwards. Getting to her feet, Melissa heard a car door slide open and turned to face the noise. Springing out of a parked van hissing and spitting were two identical black panthers, their coats gleaming in the midday sun.

"Are those..." Abe asked, seconds before Great Wall caught him with a wild blow. Groaning he began to get to his feet, only for one of the panthers to tackle him to the floor.

"No Pavane!" The Great Wall bellowed as he ripped the panther off of Abe and throw it over his shoulder. "The points are mine!" He added, before picking Abe up by his arms and looking him in the eye. "I'm going to rip you in two!!" He snarled, as the second panther was caged by Melissa, only for the big cat to swipe at the bars of the cage, the hard sound structure dissipating on contact.

"There not your's yet!" Abe hissed back, as he landed a kick in the giant's face, the blow causing him to release him from the giant's grasp. Before he could recover one of the panthers leapt onto the Great Wall's back, clawing at him and giving Abe the time to run to where Melissa was fighting the other panther.

"Urgh this is not how I imagined spending Valentines Day." Melissa grunted as she summoned sonic shield after sonic shield to keep from eviscerated. As she struggled Lady Hellebore levelled her pistol at Melissa, ready to take a shot at the pair of combatants wrestling with each other nearby.

"Bet you wish I had my MACH VI armour now." Abe stated, as he slammed Lady Hellebore round the back of her head and pulled her weapon away. "I know I do."

"Ditto." Melissa hissed as she wrapped sonic chains around the nearest chairs and tables and slammed them into the panther, the blow causing the cat to scream in pain and retreat a few steps. "Behind you Abe!" She added, as the Great Wall came charging in. Spinning around Abe opened fire with the pistol, one of the seed bombs exploding on contact with his stone skin, seconds later a beam of green energy lanced out causing a rapid growth of ivy to entangle the charging giant.

"We still have those cats to deal with!" Abe sighed as the Great Wall fell to the floor with a thud, just as a police van came skidding into the plaza. "Great and now the Carbenari are getting involved." He sighed, as several police offices got out of the car.

"Which one of you is Gold and Jenkins?" One of the officers called as his men kept their weapons trained on both the Thunderbolts.

No Caption Provided

"That's us sengiore." Melissa stated, as Abe placed his confiscated weapon on the ground. "These two are assassins, as is however owns these..." She stopped as Abe screamed in pain as one of the panthers sprung onto his back. Seconds later a gunshot sounded, as one of the police officers shot the attacking cat dead.

"Thank you officer." Abe gasped, as he shrugged the panther's body off of him. Walking over to Melissa he suddenly stopped as a large shadow flew overhead. "Heads up Mel we're still not done yet." He stated as Birdman slammed into the officer and stabbed him in the eyes with his beak.

"I've got him," Melissa hissed as the blinded officer fell to the floor, "help the police secure the others." She added, as both Birdman and herself took to the skies. Rushing over to the injured man Abe heard a snapping sound, and looked over his shoulder to see the Great Wall free himself from his ivy clad prison.

"Yeah because this is going to end well." Abe sighed, as the remaining panther ran at the Great Wall, only for the giant to snap the cat's neck without even stopping it's inevitable march forward. Opening fire, the shots fired from the guns of the Carbenari did little to harm the Great Wall, as he towered over Abe and the injured officer.

No Caption Provided

"As I said before," The Great Wall rumbled, "those points are mine!" Grimacing in pain, Abe got to his feet just as the sound of a car engine started and a van slammed into the Great Wall, the giant doubling over in pain from the impact. Breathing a long sigh of relief Abe felt something rip his cheek open, blood dripping down his face. Groaning he watched as a blonde woman dressed in a leather bikini climbed out of the wreckage dragging a whip behind her.

"Pavane." Abe hissed, as the shadow of Songbird and Birdman flew over head, the former throwing sonic chaff back at her pursuer only for the obstacles to dissipate on contact with her opponent. Swinging around Melissa flew down towards Pavane, only just missing the villainess, with Birdman in hot pursuit, his slower flight speed sending him crashing into Pavane.

"Foolish creature!" Pavane spat as she lashed out with her whip, the tip wrapping around the leg of Birdman. Taking to the skies Birdman shot up about fifty meters dragging Pavane behind him, only for a sonic buzzsaw to slash through the whip cord and drop the assassin to the plaza below with a thud.

With an avian scream Birdman pitched upwards and slammed into Melissa's belly, his talons and beak stabbing into her flesh. With a scream of her own Melissa gouged her fingers into his elbows, the sheer tenacity of her attack breaking his arm bones. Falling towards the plaza, Melissa dragged Birdman across the ground, his back snapping as they pair of them came to a stop.

Rolling off of Birdman Melissa slumped on the floor as Abe raced over and helped her into a sitting position. "You're still the meanest bird in the sky ." Abe stated as some police officers walked the man in the fedora hat into the plaza.

"Signore, this man has a gauntlet like the others." The commanding officer stated as he gestured to the band attached to Birdman's leg.

"My guess is your the referee?" Abe groaned, as Melissa struggled to her feet behind him. "We've defeated the four assassins the Great Game paired you with, they are headed for prison and your going with them."

No Caption Provided

"And you are headed for the grave." The referee cackled as he was lead away by the police officers. "If you would do your job Mr Killshot..." He called, as the sound of a rifle echoed around the plaza, followed by three more shots, each one felling a police officer. Summoning a shield, Abe and Melissa watched as a rifle round drilled through the referee's skull.

"I can't believe that a man with a gun would be the most dangerous threat of the day." Melissa hissed, as Abe removed something from his jacket pocket. "What's that?" She asked.

"Mel you are my light, the driving force for everything I have done since we met." Abe stated, a smile on his lips. "And even though we've had our differences, I've never stopped loving you. Melissa Gold, will you marry me." He asked, as he revealed a ring accented with a glowing cluster of white diamonds.

"Yes, oh my god yes!"Melissa gasped, as a chatter of an assault rifle sounded from across the street. "Although we have to deal with Killshot first."

"We can create a makeshift cluster round with what we have,although it would mean sacrificing the ring." Abe stated.

"What do you need from me?" Melissa asked.

"A saw and a launch pad." Abe answered. "Separate the diamonds from the band and aim for the eyes." He ordered as Melissa summoned up a miniature sonic saw that slashed through the base of the diamond. "Get ready." He added as he stood up. Seconds later Killshot fired a shot with his sniper rifle, with Melissa answering in turn, a sonic shielded diamond slashing through the bullet and into Killshot's right eye, his scream echoing around the plaza.

"Bullseye!" Melissa hissed as the sound of sirens radiated around the plaza. Half smiling, half grimacing Abe slipped the now plain band over her fingers and kissed her on the cheek.

"If you want I can get you another..." He stopped as Melissa placed a finger on his lips.

No Caption Provided

"It's perfect the way it is." She purred, before kissing Abe on the lips.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@impurestcheese: Happy V day. Hope you won't spend it like me; alone with my cats, watching dumb romantic movies because I'm such a girl(no offence).

Will read in a moment

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4 wildvine  Moderator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: My partner and I already have a table booked for 'date night' AKA Friday. And a happy V Day to you

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Now I'm blushing. No idea why but I am.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wildvine  Moderator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wildvine  Moderator
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Read them. Nice little collection. Been meaning to ask if you were going to use Dallas.

BTW, who is the better T-Bolt writer; Busiek or Nicieza?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Nah it's fine, just didn't get it is all.

@waezi2: Fabian is a great writer and his is the team I love the most but I'm giving it to Busiek for his original run

Thanks for the comment BTW. As for that person, well now you know :-)

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ostyo
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I agree. Also, Busiek thought up the concept, which is probably one of, if not THE most original idea for a comic.

Liked the ending of A Songbird in Sienna. Reminded me of the final episode of Legend Of Korra.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: I'm sorry, despite all the hard work I put in I won't call you out again

@waezi2: No idea what that is but thank you

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For a moment I thought the countdown from the first story was going to lead into a sick beat to get that party started right. (the joke makes sense in my head but I decided to still share, despite that) All three stories are great and exciting and funny, which is what you do so well. Thank you for all of them.

Happy early Valentine's Day to you.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Well the Madbomb does use Sonic Energy so perhaps it was. And a happy Valentines day to you too.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wildvine  Moderator

Bump to find, and cause I'm sure its awesome.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese:

First one, short, but good. Second one, slightly confusing. Was Scourge being a girl supposed to be a big reveal? I ask, because I couldn't find any gender reference for her in the story, and the name bit seemed odd. More weird/creepy then the first one with people becoming lizard things, which was rather unexpected. The last one was my personal favorite, mostly for the chaotic free for all. Oddly enough though I can't find any reference to Lady Hellebore, except a chapter of one of your stories. Is she an OC, or so obscure that even the Marvel database doesn't remember her?

Anyway, I enjoyed all three, and how they related together.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Lady Hellabore is an 'ascended extra' rather than an OC. Plantman had an ex wife called Desdemona Smithers, and I couldn't resist not exploring the character. Scourge's true identity has been a mystery for a while. Overall thanks for the reviews and comments

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wildvine  Moderator

Bump for the holiday

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers