Thunderbolts Annual 2015

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hi guys, a big thank you for all those who read this title, and those who leave me comments. As a thank you here are a few stories regarding things going on in my Thunderbolts series, hope you guys enjoy.

Impurest Cheese

Thunderbolts Annual: Man of Mystery

Central State Hospital, Anchorage, Kentucky – Five Months before Thunderbolts #1

No Caption Provided

The man strapped to the bed opened his eyes, before groaning as he looked down as the scars and blisters on his arms and legs. Taking a deep breath he looked up, and started screaming, his body convulsing as foam erupted from his mouth. Within seconds of the first scream, the doctors and nurses flooded into the room with medical equipment, quickly acting to stabilizing the screaming man.

“Sir I need you to stop screaming.” A blonde haired woman dressed in a nurse’s uniform asked. “You have been in a coma for three years. Whatever you were experiencing before you were attacked is over, you’re safe here I promise.”

“Now, please leave me alone!” The man screamed, as he thrashed around in a vain attempt to escape his bonds. “The nurse did this to me, she did this to me the b***h!! She stabbed me. The nurse stabbed me.”

“Nurse Sorrel, a word please.” One of the doctors called, causing the nurse to turn away from the patient for a few seconds. “I know you are new here, but we put our patient’s needs first, it is obvious that the John Doe is terrified of you, until we can calm him it may be beneficial if all the nurses stay away from him.”

“I understand Doctor.” Sorrel sighed before turning back to the patient and the now empty bed, the straps still intact and unreleased. “Uh doctor,” She said with a coy half-smile on her face, “our patient is gone.”

Unknown Location

The patient arrived in the warehouse filled with mannequins in a flash of light and a wisp of green smoke, before collapsing to the floor coughing and hacking. Rubbing his scared scalp and face, he pulled himself up using the nearest armless figure, before staggering over to a table and an unturned bowl, his reflection distorted by the curve of the reinforced plastic.

“What did she do to me?” The man whispered as he looked at the extensive scaring. “What was I thinking, trying to take revenge for a man who abused me, against a man I don’t really care about? A life of crime got me nowhere, and being a supervillain almost got me killed, but I have no money, no home and nowhere to go.” He sighed, before picking up the bowl and placing it on the floor, before picking up a broken mannequin arm off the floor. “You brought me nothing but pain!” He snarled, as he raised the arm above his head ready to strike the bowl. “And maybe you can get me some money with no risk.”

Dropping the arm, he struggled to his feet and bent down to look at a chest hidden under the table. Grabbing a handle he pulled it out and unclipped the latches and looked inside at the rows of cubes and other equipment. “The Kingpin, the Owl maybe even the Hood or Mister Negative were the big men in town last time I visited New York, anyone of them will pay a small fortune for this gear.”

New York City

No Caption Provided

Arriving in the same flash of smoke, the patient stepped uncertainly into the department store. Despite being the middle of the day the store seemed deserted, almost abandoned and as he strained his ears in the search for anyone who may stop him, the injured man heard a mixture of gunshots, sirens and screams coming from the outside. Ditching the hospital gown the former patient pulled on a pair of slacks, a plaid shirt, dark brown shoes and a wide rimmed fedora hat, before picking up the chest and teleporting out onto the street. The first thing that greeted the man was the crudely painted symbols of demonic looking faces on the side of the buildings, the unmaintained streets and the fires burning out in the bay.

“This must be hell.” He muttered, as he turned a full 360 degrees to take in the derelict city. “What happened to this place?” He asked, as an entire row of windows across the street from the store he had teleported into exploded, glass raining down around him like razor edged hail. Emerging from the windows were a punch of men, all wearing street clothes save for the green inhuman like masks covering their faces. Catching sight of the man in the street they repelled down towards him cackling, sacks of loot on the backs on the majority, a screaming woman in the clutches of another.

“This isn’t hell hoss.” One of the ‘goblin-men’ cackled. “This is New York, the centre of the Goblin King’s empire. We want what you have in that trunk, you can either hand it over willingly or refuse and end up with an appointment with our master like this bimbo.”

“Please somebody help me!” The woman yelled, her dirty blonde hair matted with blood as were the red rain coat, crop top and jeans she was wearing.

“Shut it you, if you’re lucky the King may let you walk away with one of your baby blues!” The thug holding her snapped. “So hipster, what will it be, hand it over and live, or refuse and pay the price for your defiance.”

“Well I was looking to sell this old super-villain equipment.” The former patient muttered. “If your Goblin King is willing to pay me, then I will gladly…” He stopped as one of the thugs swung at him with enough force to crack the bones in his cheeks.

“You had your chance wise-ass!” One of the thugs yelled, as he wrestled the patient to the ground, as another went for the chest and spilled the contents onto the floor. Dropping down at least three of the goons started sifting through the cubes, gauntlets and assorted paraphernalia. One of them picked up a small gas canister knocking off the safety valve with his clumsiness, causing thick green gas to leak out onto the street. Coughing and spluttering the thugs backed off slightly, giving the patient all the room he needed. Getting to his feet he tapped one of the cubes with his boot, a stream of light shooting upwards before solidifying into the shape of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, the newly spawned dinosaur roaring as it advanced on the now cowering thugs.

“What…what is that?” The female hostage gasped, as the patient grabbed the chest and closed the lid on the few remaining pieces of equipment inside. “Please don’t leave me!!” She screamed, her voice forcing the patient to roll his eyes before grabbing her by the wrist and teleporting away.

NYPD Building, 19th Precinct

The patient and the female hostage appeared on the roof of the police station, both of them panting and gasping for air. Looking around the woman gasped, before sitting down on the roof a look of surprise on her face.

“OMG we’re somewhere different.” She gasped, as the patient collapsed onto the roof. “Who are you?”

“Uh…I don’t know any-more.” The patient replied, as the woman bent down next to him and ran her hands over his scared hands. “I have to go, hopefully you’ll be safe here.” He added, as he placed his other hand on the chest of villain paraphernalia.

No Caption Provided

“I know what you are, you’re a hero, you saved me from those goblin creeps.” The woman told him. “I’m Maggie, Maggie Greene and I made the mistake in keeping them from the drugs in the veterinary practice I work at.”

“I’m not a hero, I used to be like them.” The patient replied. “My name is Francis Klum, I was formally the master of illusions Mysterio.” He added, as he brought out the bowl like helmet stored in the chest. “Now I must leave before the police find out I’m here.”

“You are a hero, look I have a friend who went through the same thing. She can help you, help you get a job, a home, maybe even realise who you really are Francis.” Maggie stated, as she removed a diary from her trouser pockets and ripped out a page. “Dr Sorenson can help you if you want it. There was this project she worked on called the Thunderbolts, she helped rehabilitate super-villains and turned them into heroes. I believe in you Francis.” She added as he took the card, and looked at the name and contact information on it.

“I’ll think about it.” Francis answered, before teleporting away in a flash of light. Smiling Maggie stroked her coat slightly, the red fabric expanding outwards to form a cowl.

“All too easy.” She purred, before teleporting away in a blinding flash of light.

Thunderbolts Annual: Half-time Show

Mile High Stadium, Denver, Colorado - Between Issues 12 and 13

Erik Josten AKA Atlas sat down at the end of the row of chairs, a beer in one hand and a hot-dog in the other, before looking over at the rest of his team-mates, all dressed in their street clothes and all supporting bored look on their faces.

“Ah come on guys, we can finally relax and enjoy ourselves, what with the Thermal Man Attacks last week and the stuff in Yellowstone yesterday.” Erik said with a smile, before taking a bite out of the hot-dog. “I used to love going to the game with my family when I was little.”

“Yeah like he was ever little.” Nightshade whispered to Songbird, her team-mate shooting her an odd look before turning back to look at the field.

“You know I’ve been in this country for years,” Rock Python stated as he took a sip from his own beer, “and I never went to a game. This is kind of exciting, especially the apparent guest visit from this self-proclaimed ‘Super Pro’ at half-time.” He added, as he thumbed the programme on his lap. “What is he like some kind of all-star or something?”

No Caption Provided

“He was more than that.” Valerie stated. “He was one of those low level heroes although he didn’t last long.” She added, before screaming as the visiting Miami Dolphins kicked the ball over the ground, the rest of the crowd turning to give her foul looks.

“Yeah Val you may not want to do that since we’re sitting in Bronco territory.” Erik stated, as he pulled her back down into a sitting position. “It’s a shame Abe couldn't come and enjoy this with us.” He added.

“I could only had five tickets.” Valerie answered. “Plus he was busy checking in with one of his ex-paroles Bushmaster.” She added, before looking up at the score board and the clock counting down through four, three, two, one, zero before screaming again as half time was called, the Dolphins securely in the lead much to the home crowd’s disappointment. As the players and their support teams walked off the field a man dressed in football padding, helmet and gleaming belt over his football uniform. Reaching the centre of the field the Super Pro removed a microphone from his belt and looked around the stadium at the hordes of former fans looking down at him.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to announce that I am…” He stopped and noticed a few members of the crowd shooting him evil looks, “…that I am no longer going to fight crime as the NFL Super Pro, I have decided to retire from both the sport and the superhero business” He added as the doors to the visitor’s dressing room exploded open behind him, a hail of buzz-saws flying through the air and shattering off the Super Pro’s back.

Ripsaw
Ripsaw

“Remember us!!” A purple armoured figure with massive buzz-saws attached to his belt bellowed, as he and the four other figures all dressed in colourful costumes took to the field and assembled in a half circle around the NFL Super Pro. “Because we remember you and how you made our lives a living hell with all your gimmicks and pathetic plays!”

“Rip-Saw!” The Super Pro gasped, “And the Second Repulsor, not to mention Quick Kick and Instant Replay. You even have Kabuki Back with you from the Headhunters. I assume this is all some kind of revenge scheme against me.”

“Not just you, the sport that loves you!” Quick Kick sneered, as he drew the katana from the scabbard on his back. “It’s bad enough you idolised a braggart, glory hound and thug, but did you know that he murdered my brother!!” He snarled, as he thrusted forward, his blade flashing only to be blocked by the Super Pro and knocked to the floor.

Quick Kick
Quick Kick

“Is this part of the half-time show?” Nightshade asked, as Kabuki Back and Ripsaw leapt into action, only to be quickly repulsed by the Super Pro.

“No it is not.” Valerie whispered low under her breath. “Sorry Erik but family time is now ‘keep the idiot in the football jersey alive time’. She added, as the five Thunderbolts stood up and headed for the aisle.

“That is just one of your crimes.” Instant Replay buzzed, his body crackling with energy. “You left me for dead.” He hissed, just as the Super Pro reached him and aimed a punch at his face. Clicking his fingers the Super Pro froze, just as Repulsor came crashing in and tackled him knocking the ‘hero’ to the floor.

Instant Replay
Instant Replay

“Me and Rip-Saw lost out jobs because of you!!” Repulsor snarled, as he rained punch after punch onto the Super Pro. “Our lives were terrible after what you did!”

Repulsor
Repulsor

“You both deserved it, all of you did” The Super Pro replied, as he blocked one of the punches and threw Repulsor back, only for time to freeze again as one of Rip-Saw’s waist blades came scything its way towards him. Cackling to himself, Rip-Saw lowered the blade only for it to get jammed in a massive pink cog, before being ripped away from his costume and thrown at Instant Replay, the time manipulating villain springing out the way just in time, his momentary lapse in concentration freeing the Super Pro from his time lock. Getting to his feet he watched as Songbird landed on the field, and sprang into action, punching her in the face and knocking her to the ground, her nose bleeding.

“More Super Villains, your bad sportsmanship knows no limit Instant Replay!” The Super Pro called, as the Thunderbolts rallied around Songbird, helping her get back to her feet.

“They are not with us you sexist idiot!” Kabuki Back called, as she threw a football down the field, the Super Pro catching it, only for the ball to explode in his hands. “And for the record, despite what you told me last time we fought, girls can play football!” She screamed, as Atlas grew thirty foot tall, reached down and grabbed the Super Pro before placing him in the stands.

Kabuki-Black
Kabuki-Black

“HOW DARE YOU SUBSTITUTE ME!!” The Super Pro snapped, as Valerie took a step towards the villains, all of them drawing their weapons ready for an attack.

“You all have grievances against the Super Pro that much is clear.” Valerie stated, as she held her arms open to show that she wasn’t carrying any weaponry. “But do you really think killing him will help? The CSA is more than willing to investigate your claims regarding the NFL Super Pro, but only if…urgh.” Before she could finish the Super Pro had ran down the stairs onto the turf and tackled her to the ground.

“You can’t reason with villains.” He stated, as his quintet of foes rushed him, only for a sonic trip wire to form and trip all of them save Rip-Saw, his blades scything through the construct as he headed for the Super Pro. “I shall defeat you all!” He called, as he tackled Rip-Saw to the ground before removing the other waist saw attached to his costume.

“They set us up!!” Repulsor cried, as he opened fire on the Thunderbolts with his laser gauntlets. “They can die with all the rest!!” He yelled, as he circled round Atlas’s head, blasting him in the eyes as the giant ineffectively swiped at him.

“I got him Erik.” Rock Python called up, as he swung a bolas up at Repulsor, only for another football bomb to knock it off course as it detonated on contact with the projectile. Cursing, Rock Python removed another bolas, just as Instant Replay warped time, and the exploded football bomb reformed and sailed towards the Thunderbolt. Dropping the bolas, Rock Python caught the ball, before throwing it up at Repulsor, the explosion knocking him out of the sky and down to the field.

“You call that a Hail Mary?!” The Super Pro asked, as he elbow slammed Quick Kick to the ground and removed his sword. “Check this out!!” He called, as he hurled the blade at Nightshade, as she wrestled with Kabuki Back. Clicking his fingers, Instant Replay froze the field before removing Kabuki Back from the fray, his fingers echoing as he released time, the blade now only headed towards Nightshade.

“Oh you son of a…” Nightshade swore as she saw the sword, only for it to be intercepted by a hastily erected sonic wall. “Hey Super Pro, we are on your side!!”

“Doubtful.” The Super Pro replied, as Quick Kick righted himself and aimed a snap kick at his back, the blow sending him stumbling forward towards Rip-Saw, his wrist blades spinning at maximum RPM. Across the field Valerie picked up the dropped bolas, as well as a football and threw them both, with the later heading towards Instant Replay, who quickly froze the field and sidestepped the incoming projectile before releasing time once again. It was only as he did so, that he noticed the bolas heading for the Super Pro, the projectile hitting him in the chest and knocking him to the floor just as Quick Kick and Rip-Saw collided, the former screaming as his leg was cut off by the later.

“Kabuki Back it is time to leave!!” Instant Replay ordered, as Atlas loomed over him, his massive foot raised to stomp down on the time altering villain and his female compatriot. Clicking his fingers, Instant Replay froze Atlas in time, as he and Back ran, unaware that the giant was still moving, the pair just clearing the impact zone as the foot went down, shock-waves sending them both flying into the edge of the stadium and knocking them out.

“Victory for the Super Pro!!” The Super Pro called. “Villains – 0, Super Pro – 10.”

“More like 10 to 25 years in prison for attempted Second Degree Murder.” A metallic voice stated from above, as MACH VI descended into the stadium. “Dr. Cooper and I have been working with the NFL after they noticed some unusual transactions with your bank account. A lot of money went out, enough to pay five Super-Pro haters to try and kill you only for you to defeat them and announce your new TV show. I’m sure that a stunt like this would have drummed up some publicity for you.” He added, as the Super Pro looked around the stadium before bolting. “Mel would you like the honour, members of the CSA are already outside waiting for notification of his arrest.” Abe asked, as Songbird summoned up a sonic rhinoceros, the sound creature intercepting the NFL Super Pro, the impact sending him skidding across the line into the end zone.

“Touch Down!!” Melissa screamed. “Villains – 0, Super Pro – 0, Thunderbolts – 1,” She yelled, as the stadium began to applaud, as the villains were all chained to the goal posts using a sonic chain.

“No!” The Super Pro bellowed, as he looked around at the cheering fans. “This was meant to be a Perfect Season, my perfect season. You idiots!!” He yelled at the other villains. “This is all your fault!”

“Oh we’ll deal with whose fault this is.” Rip-Saw whispered to the Super Pro. “Out in the yard when you’re not wearing that precious jersey of yours.” He added, a look of horror spreading across the Super Pro’s face. “Now won’t that be a fun game?”

Thunderbolts Annual: The Curious Case of the Blue Diamond

Thunderbolts Base, Burton Canyon, Colorado Between Issues 21 and 22

The holographic image of the crystalline debris floating in space seemed to exert a biting cold through the room and the five people watching the footage.

No Caption Provided

"His name was Dr. Elton Morrow AKA the Blue Diamond, a former member of the Invaders and a friend." The elderly man dressed in a SHIELD jumpsuit explained. "His remains are being flown here at the assistance of the CSA for an autopsy, despite SHIELD's distrust of the Thunderbolts."

"Captain Rogers I can assure you that we have a very good reason for this request." The armoured form of Abner Jenkins stated from the other end of the table. "Dr. Morrow's remains will be treated with the up-most respect by Dr. Nightshade of that I can assure you."

"I have no doubt they will be." Rogers replied. "It's your request to be involved with the autopsy I can't understand."

"Perhaps I can answer that." The figure standing in the corner of the room suggested, as he stepped forward, the light bouncing off his bow and shades. "Back when I led the Thunderbolts we ended up learning more about Moonstone's power gem then we really wanted. Apparently it was part of an ancient power called the Lifestone Tree, one whose wielders used to keep peace across the galaxy. After the original wielders died, the lifestones ended up on Earth in the hands of many super-powered individuals including Dr. Morrow." He finished before shooting a look at the holographic image.

"That's right Hawkeye." Atlas grumbled from his seat midway down the table. "Recently we fought the Basilisk who claimed a thief was trying to steal his power-gem, and the Man-Wolf who actually lost his to the Crimson Cowl. With the Blue Diamond now dead it seems like the Cowl is actively collecting fragments of the Lifestone Tree."

"I understand." Rogers sighed. "Dr Morrow's power-stone was not recovered with his remains. With what you told me I think we can assume that it is now in enemy hands, but what of the other stones?"

"Unaccounted for save the Basilisk's gem." Abe answered sadly. "We sent out a warning to the original holders and their families but so far no one has responded." He added, as his armour chimed twice. "External security just buzzed me, Dr. Morrow's remains are here."

Clint Barton sat on the roof of the Thunderbolts base cleaning his bow, as his former team-mates MACH VI and Atlas recalibrated the last of the sensors on the buildings perimeter. "So how's it going guys?" He asked in a good natured voice. "Because Thor was pleasantly surprised by your performance up against the Thermal Man."

"Things are going well so far." Abe answered, as he brought up the collective feed of his sensors. "Tilda and Curtis are a little rough around the edges but they are getting there. Who knows maybe one day they'll be the next Avengers."

"Maybe." Clint answered cautiously. "Whatever happens I'm proud of the three of you, despite a few hiccups along the way you've proved that the Thunderbolts can actually make a difference."

"Ah jeez Hawk you're going to make me blush." Erik snorted in a mocking voice. "You're lucky Mel isn't here, she'd really mess with you." He added, as Abe swore and activated his armour's shield generator just as a wave of rockets flew down towards them, the majority of the projectile harmlessly splashing off the energy field.

"Everyone all right?" Abe asked, as the two figures; one made of metal, the other of feathers and flesh flew overhead.

No Caption Provided

"Yeah fine Abe." Clint coughed, as he fired off an arrow at the figures moving overhead, only for something small to collide with his shot and knock the arrow off target, its size expanding rapidly as it fell, until with a building rattling thud, a 30ft tall woman landed feet first on the roof of the building. Behind her a woman dressed in black leather and a cape complete with a winged helm and an armoured figure laden with weapons landed, all of them bristling with anti-Semitic symbols.

"Good morning Blunderbolts!" The giant woman hissed. "I'm Big Zero and these are Huckenbein and the Iron Cross and we're here for the old man! Please resist, we've come a long way to 'Hicksville' and we're just itching to hurt someone!"

Nightshade waved the Geiger counter over the remains of the Blue Diamond, before carefully picking up a piece and dropped it on the floor, much to the dismay of the watching Captain America.

"What are you doing!?" Rogers bellowed as he hobbled over to where Nightshade was standing, the piece of the Blue Diamond bobbing on the surface of the floor, as if it was a cork on the surface of the water. "What in the world..."

"A good question." Nightshade stated. "I have a theory that something displaced Dr. Morrow on a molecular level, forcing his body to violently try and expel the disturbance, only for the invading force to push back and cause rapid and violent expansion of his crystalline form."

"Do you know what kind of molecular force?" Rogers asked, as Nightshade picked up another fragment and placed it in one of the lab’s mass spectrometers.

No Caption Provided

"Not yet, but there is a biological residue on all the fragments." Nightshade answered, as she picked up the bobbing piece and placed it back on the table. "Hopefully Major Mass-Spec can work out what it is." She added, as Captain America raised an eyebrow at her comment. "There is something I need to ask you," Nightshade sighed, "its about a mutual friend."

"Thor told me about your actions, he also told me the excuse you gave him after the Thermal Man's decommissioning." Rogers stated grimly. "I don't trust you Nightshade, but I can't fathom a reason for the scenario you concocted. I can assure you though, that T..." He stopped as the building shook violently as seconds later alarms sounded, and a security feed appeared on the lab computers. Standing in front of the main complexes doors, was a man in an armoured greatcoat, gas-mask and a back mounted fuel tank with a hose connected to his gauntlets. Watching the feed the pair of besieged heroes watched as the mystery assailant melted the door with a quick spray of acid, before shooting the camera with the same liquid.

"Uh Captain," Nightshade gulped, "I think it's for you."

Atlas grabbed Big Zero by the shoulders, as she stomped on the roof of the building, cracks now appearing in the roof, before the pair of them toppled off the edge and hit the ground with an earth rattling boom.

"Why is it, that whenever I go anywhere with Cap I get ambushed by Hydra forces." Clint asked Abe as he shot an arrow at Huckenbein, only for his female foe to form a wall of dark energy between the pair of them.

"Hydra hah!" Big Zero boomed as she aimed a kick at Atlas's shins, the blow forcing him to collapse onto one knee seconds before he was slugged in the face. "Hydra is too polluted with the evils of equality and diversity! We are the Heralds of the Fourth Reich!"

No Caption Provided

"Huh never thought I'd here that said about Hydra." Abe mused as Iron Cross opened fire with his shoulder mounted gattling gun. "I know for a fact however, that the original Iron Cross would hate you using his name." He added as he released a wave of flares from the MACH VI armour to create a wall of floating fire between him and his foe.

"He was a traitor and a looser anyway." Iron Cross stated, as Hawkeye dodged a swipe from Huckenbein, a sword constructed of dark energy clenched in her hand. "Who cares what he would think?" He added, as Hawkeye kicked Huckenbein back, before drawing an arrow and stabbing it into the ground, a blinding flash radiating out of the arrow head which caused Huckenbein's skin to char and her darkforce summoned clothes to evaporate.

"Respect gets you a long way!" Clint yelled at Big Zero, as Erik grabbed her leg and upended her onto her back. "You don't have that and as such you won't get anywhere."

"Oh I wouldn't be so sure." Huckenbein answered in a seductive voice, as a wave of darkforce energy rolled off her and wrapped around Hawkeye. "We got to you archer, just like we got to the old man!"

Nightshade coughed and gagged at the smell of acid melting the door to the lab, even as she slipped the makeshift syringe gauntlet over her hand and slipped into an ambush spot next to the fume cupboard. No sooner had she slipped out of sight, the door collapsed into slurry and the attacker walked into the building. Cocking his head, the figure opened fire sending acid washing over the equipment and remaining pieces of Dr. Morrow.

"Come out Captain." The figure hissed, his breath rattling behind the gas-mask he wore. "Or has your old age eroded that old Rogers courage?" He asked, as Nightshade sprang from her hiding place and stabbed the syringes into the acid tank, before her foe spun round and backhanded her away. "I wanted to kill Rogers, but you'll do you filthy subhuman." He hissed, as he levelled his acid launcher at Nightshade.

"Sauerspritze!" A strong voice yelled, from behind a cabinet. Turning Sauerspritze saw Steve Rogers standing before him, a defiant look on his wrinkled face. "You want me..." He stated, his arms held wide as if in invitation for the coming attack. Laughing behind his mask, Sauerspritze opened fire, only to see a jet of water lance out of his gauntlets and harmlessly soak the old man.

"What?!" He bellowed as Nightshade got to her feet, a wicked grin on her face. "You!?"

"Me, although you should be more worried about him." Nightshade replied before pointing at Steve Rogers. "You got him wet, and you wouldn't like him when he's wet."

Abe flipped the MACH VI armour into a dive, as he blew past Big Zero and Atlas, the pair of giants slugging each other with merciless blows, neither of them giving ground to their opponent. Open his armour's thrusters Abe shot back up towards the lumbering Iron Cross and tapped his opponent's helmet as he went past.

No Caption Provided

"What childish game are you playing traitor?" Iron Cross asked, as he opened fire with a hail of rockets, the projectiles bursting out as the armour sparked, before loosing power and falling towards where Huckenbein was choking Hawkeye with a veritable cocoon of darkforce energy.

"Helping a team-mate." Abe answered, as the remaining munitions on-board the Iron Cross detonated with enough force to stun Huckenbein, the dark force dissipating rapidly allowing Hawkeye to strike a decisive knock-out blow. "Pass it along Clint, for old times sakes."

"Gladly Abe." Clint replied, as he fired an arrow up at Big Zero, the electrical discharge released by the projectile causing her to convulse, giving Atlas the time to grab her by the shoulders and send a current of ionic energy through her body, causing it to shrink down rapidly to a microscopic size.

"What did you do to her?" Clint gasped, as Erik disarmed the rockets following Abe, before grabbing them and placing them safely on the ground.

"I sent an ionic charge through her to reduce her back to her normal size, guess it worked too well." Erik answered as the door opened and Steve and Nightshade emerged dragging Sauerspritze's unconscious body.

"This one damaged the lab pretty badly." Steve stated as Sauerspritze was placed next to Huckenbein and the Iron Cross pilot. "At least he talked, he and his friends were hired by a benefactor to destroy any evidence relating to Dr. Morrow's murder, something he succeeded in doing."

"Do they know who this benefactor was?" Abe asked.

"Only that his or her face was always kept hidden," Nightshade answered, "by a crimson cowl. He didn't say much else, mostly because Cap punched his lights out."

"He had it coming." Steve grumbled. "I'll notify SHIELD to keep the CSA informed about any developments on our end, as well as telling them that I'm more than happy with the team's performance so far."

"As will I." Clint added, "We'll take these three as well, as always guys it's been a blast and most importantly keep up the good work." He added, before shooting the Thunderbolts a big smile.

Something small, almost microscopic climbed up onto the desk in Dr. Valerie Cooper's office, before tapping something on her wrist. "Command this is Big Zero, I'm in, start the invasion. Soon these traitors will feel the power of their masters."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bookmarking so I can savour this. You're awesome. <3

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@ostyo: Yes it is, hope you enjoy and happy thanksgiving from the United Kingdom

@ms-lola: Cool Thank You

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great stuff as always. A few misspellings but nothing that took away from either chapters' flow.

Great to see Mysterio being used in anything. And I was not expecting Superpro to show up anywhere.

Ever.

You always manage to use the most unthinkable characters. Love your imagination.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@guardiandevil83: Thanks as a fan of the z-list villain I'm always looking to give the unknowns a little face time. Even characters as terrible as the NFL Superpro. Thanks for commenting.

@boschepg: Hope you enjoy it and have fun reading ☺

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By stumpy49er

@impurestcheese: Very cool getting three at once. Thank you. Just read these today for Thanksgiving.

Man of Mystery-- I love Mysterio. More so Quentin Beck, not too familiar with this one. Created by Kevin Smith. I love KS movies, never much cared for his comics.

Very cool to get any Mysterio on the Thunderbolts. I loved the Green Goblin hoodlums. Curious what Crimson Cowl has planned.

Actually that brings me to a question I have to ask. Would you consider giving Nightshade, Rock Python and Mysterio (who I'm guessing will be the newest member) new non villain alter ego's? Sort of like the original Thunderbolts when Beetle became Mach 1, Screaming Mimi became Songbird, etc. Maybe that's too hard considering you'd have to link pictures but you can't do that for original characters.

Half-time Show- A super hero based on NFL football?. Wow. That's.. just.. terrible. And this is coming from someone who has a NFL team name in his username.

This was obscure beyond me and I love obscure.

That said, well written. Nice action, good twist. Was a perfect read for Thanksgiving, since watching football is a major part of it.

The Curious Case of the Blue Diamond- This was my favorite. Nazi's, neo or real, make for such great villains. You can't help but to want them to lose and to lose badly.

That's why Captain America and Hellboy have great villains, most of them are Nazi's.

Great action, great characters. I love that MACH 1 got to save the day and take down two of the villains.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Thanks for reading

Mysterio has a big part to play in the Thunderbolts saga, in fact he's already started doing it. The Crimson Cowl is up to no good at all, and she/he is just the henchperson to the arcs real big bad (or is hr/she). On the fence for new names, perhaps something will come of it, perhaps not though.

Yeah the NFL Superpro was terrible, racist, sexist and all kinds of 'ist.' I felt it was my duty to remove him from Marvel, and his death in prison should do that quite nicely.

CCoBD was my favourite, mostly because I got to set up my homage to the Masters of Evil Invasion homage arc, and got to bring one of my favourite Thunderbolts, Hawkeye, into action, not to mention resurecting that old dynamic he brought to the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I loved all of these stories! Brilliant stuff! Nice set up at the end with Mysterio, too.

“HOW DARE YOU SUBSTITUTE ME!!” The Super Pro snapped..

Damn, I laughed. I laughed even more when he ran back onto the field and tackled poor Valerie mid speech. Damn, but those were awful names, even for Z-List characters. Which of course makes them awesome, haha. Perfect for American Thanksgiving, for sure.

I love how you had Steve still kick ass, despite his geriatric specialness, too.

Seriously, all three stories are fantastic. Thanks so much for them.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Thanks, the SuperPro is a class A-Jerk, as are his villains. Of the five only Instant Replay seems like a viable option for the mainstream Marvel universe.

Steve Rogers despite his age is a deadly foe, something that his foes may have to take that into account or risk being smacked in the face.

Mysterio has a big part to play in the upcoming Thunderbolts arcs