Thor & Loki: The Nature of Brotherhood

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iLLituracy

Notes: Originally posted here. Suck it. Enjoy, maybe.

Most would say that they have a complicated relationship, Thor and Loki. Truly looking at it, it isn’t. Their story is a story of brothers, of jealousy and envy. One of favoritism and disdain. A story that ends upon a Rainbow Bridge that spans all space and time, it’s fantastic hues bleeding into infinity. The crackling and popping of cosmic energies that mortals could only perceive and see in their wildest of dreams roused Loki from his momentary unconscious. The God of Mischief’s breaths were labored, one of the long, curved horns that jutted forth from his helmet and arched high above his head, nearly touching the back of the headdress was snapped completely off.

“Brother.” Coughed Loki, trying to find his way back onto his feet, his grunts exasperated. “Mercy, brother. Mercy!” He hissed through his teeth, spittle being flung from his rabid lips, he held up one hand, his ring and pinky fingers were deformed, bent and broken. Wiping the blood from his lip, Loki took a look down at the greatest city in all of Midgard laying in ruin due to his trickery, due to his jealousy. His green eyes trembled, his pleas fell upon deaf ears, there was no escape for him.

He felt him closing upon him, and Loki merely laid back down for his leg refused to support him. His emerald eyes stared up at the starry heavens of the Nine Realms as it bled into the smoky blue sky of New York. A man stepped into his line of vision, a powerful glow coming from just out of Loki’s sight. Small bolts of electricity reached across the air, Loki’s eyes lowered upon the blond behemoth of a man who stood over him. In his right hand, clutched tightly, was a hammer that was lit brilliantly with cosmic thunder. The very air trembled, sizzled and burned around the mighty Mjolnir.

“You dare call me brother?” Asked the silhouetted god. “You slaughter innocent mortals, you have them believe that I am not who I claim to be and you threaten the lives of my comrades?” His meaty hand wrapped around Loki’s slender throat, lifting the man who claimed brotherhood inches from the ground, holding Mjolnir’s searing energies only inches away from his flesh. Loki fought, he gasped for air as Thor’s grip tightened around his neck, he writhed and thrashed when he felt the lightning from Mjolnir graze his cheek. “What brother acts in such a manner?! Tell me!! Speak with liar’s tongue so I may rip it from your throat!!”

“Commanding me to speak so you can rip tongue from throat?” Loki mockingly asked, his svelte lips curled, he grinned at his would-be executioner. “Must you always be so brutish, Odinson? Earthly is the only word that could ever describe you so aptly.” Loki snickered, “You ponder and divine with arm and hammer, how can the inner machinations of one such as I ever make sense to a lummox?” Loki wheezed while snickering.

“Then so explain them! Explain the reasoning for your actions!” Roared Thor, dropping Loki from his grip.

“But you have already understood them so clearly, oh favored son of Odin. I merely lash out to harm you, who I loathe with every fiber of my being.” Dismissive was the only way to describe Loki’s words. “I hate you! You were never my brother!!” He coughed, the venomous words stung deep past Thor’s impenetrable hide, he bit down on his teeth, a sorrowful breath escaped the god of thunder.

Raising his mighty Mjolnir high above his helmeted head, he stared directly into the green eyes of a man Thor still considered his brother. His grip on the hammer grew loose momentarily, the many memories that they’d had together exploring the golden realm of Asgard, the many times they’d sat and ate with one another, played with one another. Lasting memories of brothers chasing one another through throne rooms among relics of ages past. He restored his grip, his fingers tightening around the hammer, the crackling energy that made the mallet burn blue harrowed so intensely.

“Tell me, Heimdall.” Odin spoke, his good eye cast out into space as a storm developed further down the rainbow bridge. “Tell me what transpires upon the Bi-Frost.” He commanded his watcher and sentry, Heimdall’s eyes grew wide, the starry visage of eternity reflected within his blank eyes, the map of infinity was layered over his features. Though the All-Father posed a question, Heimdall was uncertain how to convey what he saw, so he remained silent. “Out with it, Heimdall!” Bellowed Odin.

The only response that Odin was granted was Thor’s agonized cry. A thunderous boom soon followed, a bolt of lightning that tore through the welkin of all Nine Worlds. A streak of energy that shattered the rainbow bridge and threatened to tear the world tree in two.

“What have you done, boy…?” Crowed Odin.

“I see Loki’s will being done. I see the son of Odin striking down his brother.” Heimdall’s eyes descended. “Loki’s most vicious lie realized. Allowing his brother to strike him down, having him believe that he did not love him in return.”

Loki fell from the Bi-Frost bridge, his essence a living idea being atomized by Thor’s blow. In his last moments, as what remained of his body was burned away by small streaks of blue, he smiled. One brother plays tricks upon the other, such is the nature of boys and brothers. Shenanigans and tomfoolery was how they bonded, giggling and snickering while watching Volstagg feast upon a frog planted in his food, or mixing Amora’s vanity potions, causing her skin to turn colors.

There was no laughter this time, not for this trick, for it was the cruelest of all of Loki’s lies.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

That's a nice piece of writing there . Really good, trying to a similar thing with my Loki & Thor is my fan-fic Son of Thor. Keep up the good work

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

@batkevin74: Appreciated.