"Thor, Herald of Galactus"

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

So I was working on a story to keep myself busy like I normally do lol. Because at the moment I cannot afford comics and lets just say sometimes I miss reading a good story...

I was in a debate over the Thor women thing when I seen a few things that made me think...

Thor and Galactus and bam I was into the whole herald thing and before you could blink your eyes I had to write.

I wrote my own take on Thor a bit ago it had Thor create his own hammer on the dark planet of of Darksied and I thought hmmm why not go with this universe and keep the real Thor out of it all together... Combine that with other things and the next thing you know I was creating my story.

I never thought to Google the whole thing until ten minutes ago I did and here I am.

Was it a good story that marvel did and did they do justice to Thor as a herald or was it something tossed together and quickly gone before you had time to finish your ale?

I myself did not keep him as the herald long in the pages but he was herald for over a few thousand or so years not seen in the story. Just back ground story.

However this is not the point of my post I simply wonder if anybody got to read this tale for I have not even seen it and was it any good... I would love to buy a copy if it was a story worthy of being read.. I kind of like a good read.

Please forgive my spelling and typos my editor has not been hired yet.... lol like I could afford one lol..

So here it is still a work in progress to me like a mini program I get to watch as I create it like any shows when I am bored I play around with a idea or two..

Thor .......

The realm eternal Asgard sat looking over the 9 Realms and peace had come to the realm. A much needed peace...

I was bored and practice was not something I longed for.....

Battles be in my blood I crave the war...

On this night my beloved Sif had been out fighting for the souls she would guide to the realm eternal.

LIfe and death and punishment...

She would not be there when the spirit of destruction came and when Odin my father had grown angry and made a pact with this creature...

Take him he needs to learn humility my father screamed he needs to learn how to deal with things without anger or the use of his hammer...

I screamed at my own father...

She is not yours I said she is not yours to take any longer she is mine...

My hammer did not leave my side she hung to me like a lover she refuse to move at his call...

I am the all father I cast you both out and come back when you learn respect...

I glowed with anger and then Galactus the devourer of worlds the aspect of destruction took me and he made me a herald he wiped my memory....

Sif Returned and Odin sent her away plans had to be made or I would be lost to the nine realms forever.....

I Hunger Odinson said Galactus what is keeping you....

I looked over the planet below I tossed up my hands and willed the cosmic energy to flare the signel....

No life below nothing to battle nothing but energy and not the battle I craved...I calmed myself with ages of meditation I found my center and looked out at the universe...

It looked so familer and yet nothing but the call to find food for Galactus.

Be on your way he said.

Find me food for I will hunger soon even after consuming such a rare find....

I petted my Goats

Tanngnjóstr and Tanngrisnir blazed with the power cosmic...

I empowered them more then the norm...

They could go any place and nothing was beyond there ability....

I sought out a source of food , I reached out with my power cosmic and found it bright and able...

3rd one from the star filled with life..

I would go and see this place....

In the midst of my travels a gauntlet wearing power filled crazed god did confront me...

Thanos played with a star pulling it apart and stretching it. Drunk on power he did not see me come up from behind him....

The power cosmic is lethal I said if you use it unwise as you do so...

Thanos looked at me and let the star pop back into its resting place and then put back the planets as well...

Thunder god he said...

I thought you were kicked out of Asgard and sent packing.

Have you learned anything your father wished on you said the evil god.

I looked at him and could feel the power...It called to me....

I ignored it...

All users of the power cosmic tap into the same source..

Sometimes it flows faster and with the glove he had and the Stones the cosmic energy flowed and was held before the user waiting on the next command...

I pulled energy as we spoke... I let it flow around me I made pockets all over me and I embraced it like it was air and I was a air tank.

Your pausing Thanos said...

Am I ....

I replied..

Pausing for what.

Time Thanos said...

He could kill me with but a simply jester but I was herald of Galactus and he was afraid of such as he.

Not afraid of me but of he whom sent me.

I should kill you and be done with it he said but I am wondering why you forgot so much of your past.

Why you work for such a being as Galactus.

I struck with all my force...

Mjolnir flew from my hand and struck the angry god...

I embraced the stars around me I waited for death to come..

It did not...

I found myself in a new place a new universe and I thought this is Hell...

This is my hell...

A fireball made its way to me and struck my hand with such force it went on to destroy a small planet behind me... Mjolnir was back from where ever she had went...

I could feel galactus he was close....

Galactus I said...

Who is this he replied...

It is I your herald I said...

I had many heralds he said...

You however were none of them...

He closed the connection and moved away...

I closed my eyes and then he returned in my mind...

Your not from here I can give you back your memories he said..

With that they returned...

How long was I herald...

ten or twenty or thousands of years.

I knew the answer and the length of time was greater then a thousand years far more greater.

What had happened to my father my love Sif my home. I would go and find out...

I would see for myself and say to my father..I am sorry father...I truly am.

Chapter 1.....

Failed return.....

I remembered the Golden realm.

I recaled battle cry after battle cry and sending Gaints to the after life.

I recalled watching the chaos in the sky raging and black holes consumeing and Odin sayin one day man kind will search the stars.

One day they will forget us.

I recalled my mother down on Midguard holding me in a Swadling Cloth and saying....

Son my sweet Thor.....I bless you with strength and the power over the storms and the elements will obey you and they will call you master.

Then she gave me to my father and I never seen her again....

Untill I looked back with the power Cosmic...

I began to see her in all places.

She was my nanny and she was best friends with Frigga...Odins wife and my step mom.

She tought me earth magic and she would tell me stories of war and fighting and how to heal with herbs and so fourth.

She was always there even when I could not see her she was my guiding source in many storms.

I thought about it as I tried to go home.

I called Tanngnjóstr and Tanngrisnir from the space between space and they came...

I showed them the image of the place I called Asgard and I willed them to go there.

They did not move.....

I reached out with the cosmic force and it did not open a hole to home...I was forever barred to go home....

I willed my travels to this places Asgard this places home of the Norse gods and off we went...

Only to find it ravaged by war the rainbow bridge destroyed the lands Barron the waters that fed the tree of life dried up and I thought why and no answer came then I thought how and I could see the truth.

Because of things outside the control of Odin outside the control of myself...

I pulled on the god strings and plucked Odin's my father...

It vibrated......

He was alive...

I sent a message through it...

Father I said....

No reply..

You have been shamed Thor do not speak to me do not say my name and do not come to me ever or call me your father...

I was slapped in the face by my own father...

What had I done in this universe...

I cloaked myself and changed how I did look I pulled on god strings and formed a location web....

I found Odin and the rest on Earth..

They had relocated...Earth how I wondered and why...

Before I left I used the power cosmic I called the rain I repaired the rainbow bridge...

I looked down at the city coming back to life and the tree bearing fresh leaves and my own god string did stir...

A message from somebody....

Words from Odin....

Who are you stranger...surely you are my son but not this worlds Thor...

A women holds the Mjolnir and you are clearly Thor god of thunder...

A women I thought..

Speak to me naught Odin of this world forsaken of Asgard and tell me no more of this insult to myself and my honor...

Speak no more of this...

Odin became angry it is no wonder I sent you off to learn respect he said you have to high a opinion of yourself. I know my place I said to Odin of this world I know my place all to well...I cannot get home but let me say...Father....I am truly sorry...I did not hear you when you spoke and you were right I am harsh and quick to battle and crave the thunder and the storm...

I crave the rush of blood the feel of it as it rushes over me and I know a good battle is here and I am in its grasp....

Odin I said.... Father I said...

He reached out and grabbed my shoulder..

Son he said..

Welcome home....

No Father I said....

Welcome back to Asgard....

We looked over the realm as it changed shape around us...little by little they returned...

Little by little.....

What of me here I asked Odin?

Your even more stubborn then before he said.

You refuse to listen you walk in shadow and seek redemption for crimes you did not do.

What can I do I said...

Nothing he said you have to work this out alone....

I watch over your other half till you find yourself but as always you walk your own path.

A father can only guide not choose the path.

I shook my head.

I understood this all to well.

No longer can I return home I told Odin Thanos has the infinity gauntlet and has bard me from that universe.

I looked down at the planet spying with my cosmic senses..

Why father did you give the hammer to a women?

A insult to any male of our history truly a low in the life of Thor...

I left him alone on the bridge....

This was not my Odin not my father but yet I felt as if it was. I felt as if this was my home.

All worlds look the same with small changes depending on what universe you went to...

To far away and the changes were great. Odin in one world was a women... I myself was a female as well but born that way not striped of my name and it given to another.

I landed in New York and put on a illusion of a normal person....

My red hair would stand out so I changed it to blonde and put on a business suit...

She walked down the street this Female Thor...I cringed she had on a dress and looked like any other female.

No confident walk no warrior stance she did nothing for my name.

I grew angry and the sky darkened with clouds I could feel her try to send them away but they refuse to hear her....

It made me more angry and lightning did burst from the sky It raced toward her and I called it to me and let it run through my frame to the ground and I held the thunder in my hand and did not let it cry out....

She did not take notice.

I looked for myself..

I pulled out god strings and looked for my own...

I found a new one...

Weak and tired looking I worked it and sent cosmic energy through it..

I was a tired god here.

What had happened to change me into such a sad warrior.

I dare not find out.

I tracked my location and moved to see this troubled self.

Illusion still in place I became changed myself to a child and walked before me and looked at my hands and the axe on my back and I seen how the wounds healed and then I looked up at myself and Thor looked down..

broken and tired he said..

Son you should not be about all by yourself.

I looked the part of a orphaned child.

Can I stay with you sir I said...

I am a outcast he said..

No longer seen by my people no longer able to hold my head up...

I poured more energy into the thread...

He looked at me all his wounds closing his life changing a new spark in his eye...

Take me to rest child he said...

He fell...I think he is still falling some place in a dream.

He still falls....

Sleeping a god sleep he talks in his sleep.

I listen.

I form a house from the world around us...

I build a place from the fabric of the universe.

I pull on another god string...

Sif I say...I need you..

She replies...

I thought you had forgotten me...

It is not the Thor you think of but still my love he needs you...

She does appear on a flying horse and she gets off and comes inside and looks down at him that is me.

I would have never known you for being Thor your illusion is that well made she said...

I need you to put aside the past and heal his broken spirit I said..

All the rest will heal in time.

She looked at him and forgot I was in the place...

How long she said till he wakes up...

I only know he went to sleep..

She looked at the line of force that was him...

Still so weak she said.

We stood back as the place built itself around us..

Asgard is hole again I told her...

She looked at me and smiled...

Thank you Thor...

Chapter 2

I could walk in the fields all day with Sif and not get tired.

I could listen to her voice and her her sing of the old days.

I missed so much of life while I was out doing the bidding of a angry hungry force of nature.

Galactus had come to this world he had left his scar upon it and his herald turned on him and he flew to the stars and was called The Silver Surfer.

The more I seen Galactus consume worlds and the more I come to understand him I learned to truly fear what he was able to do. No force could truly stop him no force could stop his hunger...if he was to die slowly and surely he would regroup and return it was like some program with a back door Galactus was simply meant to exist.

She would talk a little bit then go check on Thor and she would talk some more then go back to his bed and then she showed me some card she was a part of a team called the avengers.

I had no idea whom this team was or what they did but she said they protected the people of Midgaurd and I was pleased at least she stayed busy. When you lived as long as we did staying busy became a problem.

I could never know age again since the power cosmic flowed through the blood only on the day I choose would I pass that or revert back to normal I had to much to explore to find out for today I would simply watch the universe and do my part.

Sif looked at me and asked about Mjolnir.... She said on this world it was Thor's powers and how he controlled the rain or focused... I laughed....

I forged my companion from the girth of a blue star I said. I pounded it down and made it into something of a force of destruction and then after that I cast enchantment after enchantment and soon as I was singing songs of spells as the nights passed and the years went by.... She sang with me and she lent her voice to mine. This is how she came to be and why she still swings at my side and why when Odin called for her she said..No I belong to Thor alone...

Sif frowned and so if something happens to you then your name will not be passed on...This is sad she said...

Some things are meant to be I said..

Some things are simply meant to be.

Chapter 3

It had been over a month and still Thor slept.

Odin could not even wake him and he took over watching him from time to time.

We moved him to Asgard his own room.

He had the best of nurses and Sif decided to stay and she gave me her Avenger card.

Do me a favor and tell nobody I just do not wish to leave him she said.

Then Odin did approach and so did a watcher...

Thor they said to me...

We have bad news...

Your world as you know it is no more...

You can never return..

The power cosmic kicked in and I felt nothing...

I looked at them as if they were just telling me a joke.

To much to process I guess to much to process..

Odin took my hand and then took Thor's

Its the only way for you both to come to heal truly.

The next moment I was looking up from the bed....

All as it was before but I retained the power cosmic and she still hung on my side.

To potent to get rid of....

Odin asked to see her.

So much more power in yours he said..

I lived in another place where things needed to be that way.

Odin looked at my enchantments and smiled...

With a thought you could change the damage of her...she even has a mind of her own...

He handed her back.

Yes I said she is truly amazing.

I felt the regrets of the old me stir...

I hugged my father and wept..

Time to heal still.

All the information flowing from me to him and back and fourth..

What was worse so much I had not seen on this world or so much I had seen that he had not as I became the destroyer of worlds the bringer of death.... I think I had him beat. I learned to live with it for Galactus was after all a force of nature..

Thor had his own Avenger card I would simply use that.

I knew this Captain America and touched the com badge after I went to Earth.

Steve Rogers answered....

I see you have returned to your former self he said.... I could see the female version of me in the back ground upset over my being called Thor.

I hold no grudges I said...

Yes I have returned I told him and why is it you look older...

Steve looked at me and had a far away look in his eye..

I need not know Steve I said...

We came together over dinner and he told me everything.

So Odin forgave you and combined the two of you so you guys can protect the realm....

I looked at Steve and shook his hand...

Its so good to see a ally I said...

I did reached out with the power cosmic for traces of the super soldier serum and found it and then enhanced it...

He stood straighter but did not reel the effects right away.

I want to form a minor team if you do not mind Steve I said...

Me and you and Sif and some others...

He looked at me and gave me a odd look.

What kind of team he asked ?

Just a team I said..

A group that can do anything go any place and just get things done...

you do have a replacement I hear blue Falcon I thought...

Blue Falcon laughed Steve that is not right he said...If you blue falcon somebody its never a good thing...

Well regardless I said your invited we need you and your ability to inspire others is all you need to bring.

That and your uniform I said laughing and we can even make you one of those.

He started to speak and I raised my hands...

Lets eat I said...

I am starved...

Chapter 4

I felt my Avengers card buzz and opened the call.

Steve Rogers looked at me young again and filled with youth...

I do not know what you did old friend but count me in.

I do not have my shield and will wear another uniform but as life has shown me a hero is more then his weapon or his armor..

A hero is the heart inside and the goal he tries for and the soul that pushes him or her forward..

I looked at him and laughed...he was always the soul to push others to do better..

Steve I said....You will need your shield and armor and some other things...

We are stepping out and to do this we will need to go meet evil head on before it takes life..

I have one of my first recruits here with me I said...

Noran Raad stepped into the view area of my card...

Aka Silver Surfer AKA Ex herald of Galactus AKA the harbinger of death....

Steve took a step back.

How could you get him caused so many to die...

I looked at Steve and assured him that I had done the same.

In another place I lead Galactus to feed and consume worlds and that life is behind me.

That life is gone.

We will Need thousands of people maybe more I said to man plans and be doctors and some to just play music and take the fear of death away from others.

We take the fight to the stars where a great war is taking place and sooner or later it will land on our shores and on those days we could never be ready.

Avengers no longer we are taking the fight to them...

First things first I said...

I called out to her and I felt her reply...

To the east she climbed and flew to the sky..

I tossed Mjilnor into the air and they collided but with no thunder or lightnining just a merging of the two...

The curse was off as she returned whole to my hand....

The women lost all her battle rights or her call over her...

She was back at my side again only stronger and more able.

She contacted me on my Avengers card....

Who gives you the right to take my hammer she screamed...

Not that I have to tell you foul women but I need not ask permission to take what is mine.

I sent the image away..

We began preparation for project Defenders .....

My god string buzzed it was Odin....

I see you have taken back your hammer he said.

That I have father I said and smiled..

He laughed it is all well he said for you have the power to govern your worth...

You must find yourself worthy no other can do that for you.

I am worthy I said..

I removed that enchantment as well I told him...

To much to do and I do not wish others worthy or not to hold my companion and use it against me..

She could do to much damage in the wrong hands.

Odin agreed...

Besides Thor is a mans name not a women's....

We laughed and made plans to meet up later.

It would be a long day.....

Chapter 5 prepping the Defenders Engine...

On the far side of the world a surfer sat on a board afraid to insult the one whom stood before him...

Galactus was a sight for eyes he stood huge and towered above the hero's that aligned below him.

I come with a offer he said...you use my world ship and I go into a deep sleep not to be disturbed...

Thor and the Surfer looked at each other.

If you could go to sleep why not simply do it in the past they asked...

It requirs much energy he said and bad things tend to come up when I do this.

I grow tired of consuming worlds and simply wish to rest..

It was the passing on the family car to your kids it seemed to some..

Only the family still would live in the car only non responsive and sleeping and lord have mercy on any whom woke the family up.

Agreed said Captain America.....

They looked at him and all shook there heads...

Just do not wake him up said Cap...

Franklin Richards looked at all the hero's and stretched and yawned....

Can I sleep with you big guy he asked Galactus...

Me and my teddy are sleepy to and way past our nap time....

Before Sue and Mr. fantastic could respond Galactus picked up the small child and held him in his hand...

Child of the universe it would be my pleasure to dream with you....The debate was over... Galactus went to set up his bed chamber...

He looked back...

If any should disturb my sleep my wrath will be most unkind he said.....

The world ship was unlike any before or ever seen in the history of the universe..

It was huge and traveled in its own dimension.

Small moons circled it and on one moon a civilization thrived and boomed some even said they were unaware they were even in orbit around such a dangerous force of nature such as Galactus....

They came from every nation and every religion and some just see the huge ship...

The likes of Spiderman and Wonderman and on and on the list grew and grew until she stood at the portal below and she looked up at Thor and she asked why......

Why should she be punished because he wanted to be whole again...

Then Thor looked down at her and said...

Why do you ask such a question...

Why would you take from somebody else to make yourself whole again.

Why would anybody destroy somebody else to fill a need or a empty spot...

A hero does not take from others they give to others.

A hero saves others and shows the way...

Giving you my name is not a option he said...

Fix yourself some other way.

See Odin when you come to terms with yourself...

I cannot help you Thor said...

She hugged him...

I understand she said.

I have always understood....

Taking your name was never a good idea for your not a station but a worthy defender of right.....

Go see Odin he said...

She found herself in the sleeping chamber of Galactus....

How she thought....

I am not sleeping yet child....

Calm yourself...

Your will is strong and your desire to see justice a welcome desire..

I have consumed worlds and seen many a good soul perish whom even I thought should continue.

They will to be more I can help but you have to do the rest.

Not on the same league as Thor or even close but a small taste of the power Cosmic will I give you....

He embraced her with the cosmos and she fell to her knees...

When she stood up her armor was back her cloak blew in the wind and a new hammer was on her side...

She was not Thor just a warrior that also used a hammer...

How can I thank you she said...

To nothing she was outside Galactus was not one to worry over thanks...

He and young Franklin dreamed fantastic dreams....

She looked up at Thor and reported for duty...

Can I lend my help she asked him...

When you go about doing things without shame your arm is always welcome said Thor...

But you really need to do something about that outfit...

They both laughed and welcomed people to the group...

Far away a people screamed a world died and a army grew stronger.

Time was running out.

Chapter 6

She was tired and it had been a long day recruiting people to go and join the effort. 3 million people had signed on and she was about to close the doors.

At last it was done and Sue Storm was about to go home.....

Her eyes grew heavy and her head hit the floor...

A cold fog had moved into the room and she could not see anything before her.

She almost began to panic...

Sue wanted to flee but instead she simply became invisible and put up a force field..

They were there just like that....

One minute nothing , then fog then two ninja stood before her...

One short blond hair and the other tall with black hair....

Both had all the gear of a seasoned ninja..

The older one spoke for them both.....

We are here to join the ranks and defend the life spark he said...

Life Spark said sue...

She laughed almost but then she seen they both just coughed and looked at her....

Ok she said what makes you guys able to fight and protect the life spark as you call it...

They look at each other bowed to each other and cast down some metal objects...

The statues grew and came to life...

They acted like a well oiled team and soon the statues were on the floor sliced to peaces...

Very well I seen enough she said...

You both can fly up with me I am calling it a day...

They looked at her and then they made there way to the ship...

Sue watched as the fog went away then looked at her hand...

It was still invisible..

How had they seen her she thought...

She put the thought away and joined them on the ship...

3 million people leaving the world to go out and protect the life spark as you call it she said...

They went through the entry way to the ship and a odd thing happened..

Most people are spell bound by the size of the ship but to these two they were more interested in playing games and even more odd they never looked at the ship at all not even a glance.

it will take some time to get to the main ship once we past the first moon so hang on tight she said..

She looked down and they both were sleeping...

Must have been to much fighting those statues she wondered...

They could sleep in the main ship with the number one group...

When they landed Thor and the silver Surfer came to them and greeted them...

This is the last of the crew she said.

Johny Storm was flying way over head and the computer came on and spoke...we will be heading toward the last location of the alien armada please secure all passengers......

Then they were gone....

Moving through hyperspace and holes and more holes until they exited before a dead world....

They looked to the view screen at the planet and what was once a festive crew that could not wait to go explore became a crew that could not wait to go back home.

Mutants and science and cosmic souls on a journey all of them could think of nothing...

Thor left with the Surfer to check out the planet below...

They landed on the surface and used the power cosmic and could see nothing...

Empty streets and torn asunder buildings as the world had been through a epic battle and it had failed.

Thor pulled a god string and looked closer and their in the rubble of this dead world was millions of souls all looking for answers...

There in the rubble was something far worse and when Thor seen it this foul beast struck and knocked him back and through the building to the dry ocean bed behind them..

The Surfer could not see the beast all he seen was Thor thrown through the building and disappear into the horizon...

He came back with blow after blow and still the Surfer only seen Thor and his fight....

Nothing of the beast...

Then something knocked him from his board and strike after strike sounded in his ears and he became consumed with rage...

Get my back said Thor....

They stood back to back and when they touched Thor whispered a spell and soon a large dead creature came into view of the Surfer...

Spirit creatures he screamed...

They came to feed on the lost souls they came to feed Thor knew what to do whom to call he laid down some stones from a pouch and he tossed Mjilnor into the air and soon the creatures moved back and then the Valkyrie showed up pros at taking down these creatures.....

Slay them he shouted to the goddesses on horse back. Slay them all...

Cosmic energy flew from his fingers and Thor pulled out a storm from the chaos...come and bath us in desire come he screamed and show us a new world and grow from the ashes a better tomorrow...

The creatures did not go they fault on and the battle did wage as Thor was forced to scream out what he had wished to not do...

Avengers....Defenders....

Come avenge the dead here let us bring justice to those whom have died...

From the four to the Hulk to the sorcerer supreme they showed up and the battle commenced...

When it was done the world breathed a deep long exhale and Thor and the Silver Surfer and all the rest looked up from that dead world and felt alone...

They all wished to go home....

I could see why Galactus takes the memory away from his heralds said Thor...

This will weigh heavy on the minds of those whom have never seen battle...

He sent the needed crew back to the ships and the clean up of the planet would start.

Dr Strange and Thor and the Silver Surfer locked hands and started to connect to the world on levels few understood...

They had to make amends for all the lives they took for all the suffering they gave out and this was a first step in the true healing process....

A very large step indeed..

Chapter 7 Ghost of the past...

Thor met with Sif and they retired to his the bed chamber.

The huge walls had the feel of a Asgard hall and they could change the view to make it seem as if they looked out over the realm eternal.

You fault bravely he told her.

I was proud to call you mine..

She held his hand and he looked into her eyes..

Marry me he asked her as he took one knee..

Marry me and let us go to war together as a team.

Sif would not shed tears she simple kissed his head and said yes.

They would share the news later with a few.

Life was complicated he understood that.

SIf understood it..

I been having nightmares he told Sif.

Nightmares about a battle and Galactus and why I felt unworthy and then the truth comes to the light and I remember only I can allow myself to be unworthy. True worth comes from within....

She hugged him.

This is true my love she said..

One finds your worth your mettle and your spirit in the battles you make your own..

If you allow others to gauge your worth you will never live up to it and fall short always...

The past is a lover no soul can let go of he said..They sleep with you every night and remind you of your life before...

I have dealt with my past it is not something I can change. I do what I believe to be right and put the peaces back in place as the next day comes.

We have many peaces to put back in place she said..

They embraced and room became dark....

In the days ahead they would seek out the force responsible.

The battle lines that would be crossed..

The worlds that they would stop and see..

One such world rich with life and abundant with passion hailed them from far off..

Come it said and partake of life at the many places they could go to relax and take stress off..

We have no time said Thor.

Sif squeezed his hands..

We will make time he said..

The people of the planet smiled...

Then we will make ready....

Rations and relaxations and nothing more he said...

Anybody not on this ship in 7 days times after we arrive will be left behind to catch up...

All on board laughed...

Ok said Thor I will wait but you better damn well have a good reason...

chapter 8 Loki and Adam Strange.....

On a moon all to itself in orbit around the world ship was a single tower...

In the tower was two beings.... The most powerful mage's to grace the planet...

They sat at a huge flat screen TV screaming at it...

You cheated yelled Loki...

Yes yes I did said Adam but hey what fun would it be if I did not....

Loki laughed...

Its why we get along so well he said...

More ale he told asked him...

Adam aka Dr Strange conjured them some ale at the same time Loki did..

Great minds think alike they said...

was a match made some place but nobody knew where...

Ok next match we play blind folded..... said Loki...

No next match we put ourselves in the game and team up to go against the dragons...

Loki looked at him and thought about it...

How cool would it be to fight dragons in a virtual world...

They drank their ale and both began to cast the spells that would take them into the world...

Ooooops said Loki at the same time Adam did...

What did you do wrong said Adam....

I made the dragons to strong said Loki.... and you what did you do wrong....

I made the ale to strong...

They laughed and fell on each other...

They began to sing viking war songs....

( I go off to fight for my lady....she loves to sing and fight...and if you catch her on a monday she kick your ass thats right...)

They attacked them both as they were drinking from virtual mugs of ale....

The red dragon with blue stripes opened its mouth and belched out such a flame that the ship around Adam and Loki was set ablaze.

They simply walked out of the fire still drinking from the ale...

That is some good ale they said...

Hell yes my friend lets call this game for later can you hit pause..... Loki looked at the dragon and stared it in the face...

He then hugged it...

I love you you big lug he said....

Adam fell down laughing...

We are sooo wasted he said...

Loki just laughed and they both appeared back at the game station...

I am off to bed he said...

She Hulk is waiting on me in my bed chambers she can get really angry if I show up late....

Adam had to agree....

She Hulk was not one to upset...

This seven days of rest was turning into a month and they had no way to know it.

He had felt something was wrong but his gut instinct did not kick in till during the run the virtual world...

He entered the game again....

It was empty all but a single agent standing where the dragon was...

You found us out did you not Adam Strange.....

He looked at the figure powerful and evil standing before him...

I had no choice you were everyplace and yet even slightly drunk as I was I would have missed you had it not been for Loki.....

The figure laughed...

We will win you know...

Nothing can stop us and the life spark will be put out leaving only the memory of something and we whom choose not to remember will not...

The troops of the negative universe.

They wished to destroy and kill for the sake of it.

Adam chanted a spell and from no place he heard the song of Loki strong and clear...

They began the battle chants...

Dance with me Loki said Adam...

The spells became stronger and then a thousand balls of energy took off in all directions...

The spirit laughed...

You missed me it said...

Loki kept chanting and singing and Adam Strange kept directing the spell together they broke the illusion and the planet was no more....

We were never aiming for you vile evil one said Adam...

Loki sent a prison spell at the beast but it passed through him....

Just a recording in the space between space in the time between time.. It could cast spells back and Loki had to toss up a shield spell for both him and Adam...Fire and ice and then the void opened before them both...

Loki cast a spell of disruption and the walker was no longer in the ship.....

They both fell down warn out from the strain.....

How did you know I was in trouble asked Adam...?

I know these things said Loki....

You do not drink ale with somebody and not understand them...

They both shared another mug and Loki went to please She Hulk...

one must do what one must do he said......

Chapter 9

I could easly fall back into my old role of Herald and seek out planets and some where in my being if inside you find a soul... I would be happy the creation of nature did sleep. His hunger abated his thirst kept at bay.

Some place out there I could feel the universe grow tired of the idea of such a equalizer sleeping and I could feel it respond in kind and waking up all sorts of evil. This time not so nice as Galactus they would feed off the planet and its people leaving nothing behind to tell the tale that anything had ever passed its way.

The Silver Surfer left us to scout ahead and see what he could find.

The wonder lust of his never failed to amaze the people on the ship.

He could not sit still he had to see things and touch them and he had to go where no person had gone before or for that mater wanted to go...

I called the Female version of myself into the control room.. What shale we call you I asked...

She looked at me and smiled..

If I looked like a man I would say Thor but that both insults you and myself...

I had to laugh because I did agree..

I do not care what ever you wish to be called I said...

You will be on the second team guarding the ship as the main team goes down or out to fight...

She did not say much but shook her head...

Can I hold your hammer for one second I asked...

She looked at me and shook her head... Thor she said please do and if I may can I pick up Mjolnir once more for old times sake...

I had her on the floor and pointed in her direction...

Her hammer was just like Mjolnir but something was not right....

She was from another dimension I could feel the vibes all life was erased in some disaster the life spark of all beings snuffed out... Galactus had simply reached through the barrier and yanked this artifact out and given it to her...

I reached out to the spirit of her hammer and felt its pains...

So much to see I lost myself in its past...

Odin sitting on the thrown the giants waging wars and I and Loki facing a enemy so vast its presence took away the glow of the stars at night...

Then it was over and all life was no more...

Just stars shining in the sky just Mjolnir laying on the cold cold ground.....

I came back to see her struggling with my Mjolnir....

I cannot budge her she said..

She is not the same I said...

You have not the strength to lift her no most humans or even super humans...

Plus she has one thing you can say that makes her unique in all the universes.

I called her spirit and let her free to walk...

She wrapped herself in spirit cloth and came to us...

Her image a bright blue at first she did bow before my guest

Greeting she said I knew you once when you held my other half..

My guest did return the bow then ran forward and hugged her...

She felt real and even had a warm feeling that made the body feel alive.

In times of crises I can come forth and do what must be done she said..

I am a answer to a never asked question..

Does Thor's hammer have a soul..

Yes it does...

She walked up to Her Mjolnir and picked it up...then whispered to something and said..

Wake up... come forth..

Nothing at first and then a female with red energy emerged..

Yours is the glow of magic alone where I am the life of magic and that of a young blue star....

She hugged the female and locked hands with the my companion...

They looked at each other and I asked if we could take time and explore the ship while they talked and then we left the room.

The wonders of the world ship never ceased to amaze me.

Galactus slept in a room so large yet it only seem to fill a small part of the ship and there was no doorway into his chamber that a normal person could get to.

It seemed time went on forever as we got to know each other.

She told me much about herself and I simply listened.

When it was all over I found a ally and she found her companion her weapon her strength... was more then she thought it was.

I waited for Sif and we looked out at the stars and some place in the universe..

Trouble was seeking us out.

I put the crew on duty to train and be ready for anything..

We turned a unmanned moon into a base for training...

We had to be prepared....

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Pro-Tip: You may want to use the "Full Edit" option (found at the corner of your post) to change your thread title to "Thor, Herald of Galactus" -- as it is currently, it's practically repellent to anyone actually clicking and reading through the thread.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin wouldn't let that happen

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Thank you for your help and input I am writing this really on my own face book page and just thought I would share it... to those whom like it I am glad you took the time to enjoy my story.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

info bump