AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Last time.

Previously, Scott Summers and Logan of the Uncanny X-Men had a disagreement of large proportions concerning the next generation of mutants, they had what one would call, a Schism. The Schism still lurks amongst them but, a new Genesis dawns on the kind of people you would usually fear and hate. Since then, Scott and Logan have gone their separate ways, operating in different factions while keeping in mind what the two of them wanted most. They’ve been through wars, they’ve had their trials and tribulations but now ? The Children of The X-Men are taking matters into their own hands.

The Young X-Men #2

New Beginnings Part 2 – Hugs and Kisses.

Rated T+

Page 1/

Panel 1/ David is sitting inside the med room, next to Hope who is still unconscious from what happened before. He’s thinking.

CPT: David Alleyne. Prodigy again. Dumbfounded.

CPT: Hope Summers. The Mutant Messiah. Taking a nap.

DAVID: (I get it…she said she’d give the X-Men what they wanted, what she took from us—from them. She didn’t say when but I could tell by the look on her face that she was determined to do so…but Cyclops…he didn’t give any of them a chance.)

Panel 2/ Flashback. A ravaged beachhead on Utopia, a Caucasian man in his early thirties, clothed in a torn up red and black bodysuit. Attached to his eyes, is a “V” shaped golden visor, beams of a ruby red seem to be pulsating from them, surrounding him is the Phoenix Raptor. He’s looking across in anger.

CPT: Last week Wednesday.

CPT: Scott Summers. Cyclops. Leader of the Uncanny X-Men and Mutantkind. Pulling the final straw.

SCOTT: NOOO…MOORREE…

Panel 3/ A couple meters away from Scott is an astonished David, wearing a tattered form of his usual combat gear, next to him is a tattered looking Noriko, the two of them look like they’ve been through a war. From Scott’s direction, comes an immense shine of red light.

DAVID: No…they won’t be able to do anything about this…Scott told me about this, he-he warned me about this…Nori…we shouldn’t have come back.

NORIKO: I-I don’t get it ! David, what’s Scott doing ?! What is he going to do them ?! What is that--

DAVID: It’s the Phoenix…part of the Extinction Team that travelled to the Moon…he’s going to…to annihilate the-

SCOTT: …AVENGEEEERRRSS !!!

Panel 4/ Everything is engulfed in fire.

Page 2/

Panel 1/ David snaps out of the daydream in fear, looking ahead at the windows.

DAVID: *to himself* “No more Avengers.”

DAVID: He definitely meant it, and looking back at things…I can’t say I blame him, Scott. But that just complicates what’s been discovered, Wanda was there when everything went “hot”, she was at the centre of it all…with Captain America. She couldn’t have survived that, I don’t even know how we did.

DAVID: Our only option now is to-

VOICE: David ?

Panel 2/ David turn’s around in surprise, across the room standing near the entrance is a worried looking Phoebe.

DAVID: Phoebe ?! Sorry, you kinda caught me off guard there. What’s up ?

PHOEBE: Something…after leaving Ms Frost, I bumped into Scott and the rest of his Extinction Team. Somehow…they found out that Sofia Mantega has returned, they’re on their way to New York as we speak.

PHOEBE: I’m sorry, David. But there was no way for me to persuade them to stop, they just went off without a word.

Panel 3/ “Camera” focus on David as he replies back to Phoebe.

DAVID: That’s fine, Phoebe. Don’t worry. If Scott and the rest of them are already en route to New York then the situations much more vivid than it was before. It looks like Sofia really is back. But then…that means that they know of—

PHOEBE: Yes David, they know. At least…Scott does, anyways. He’s aware that your powers are back and was planning on talking to you about it upon their arrival from New York. He also knows that it was Hope who caused it…

Panel 4/ David gets out of his seat in concern. Phoebe looks over to Hope.

DAVID: Wow, as usual…they’re one step ahead of us. Well, I guess there’s not exactly that much for us to do except wait for her.

PHOEBE: Then what ?

DAVID: Then we-

PHOEBE: Stop avoiding the real point at hand here, David. I know what you and the others have been planning, to leave Utopia and go back to one of your private creations, correct ?

DAVID: How did you know ?

PHOEBE: I’m a telepath, David. But I also possess ears. You’ve seen the cold friction between me and my sisters these past couple of weeks, have you not ? There’s a reason for that. I may come off as the shy, quiet…maybe even caring one out of our infamous trio, but that doesn’t stop me from being opinionated.

Panel 5/ Phoebe walks over to a surprised David.

PHOEBE: David, I want to come with you. I want to get away from here, all the wars…all the non-stop fighting, I hardly even know how to fend for myself without the rest of my sisters around me. I hate that. I hate this.

PHOEBE: Please…

Panel 6/ She reaches him.

PHOEBE: Let me join you.

CPT: Phoebe Cuckoo. A Stepford Cuckoo. Turning the other cheek.

Page 3/

Panel 1/ Inside a large garden area, a Caucasian teenage girl with long black hair, wearing a black suit, white shirt inside, with a green tie and a black skirt is seated. A blindfold covers the portion of her face where her eyes should be.

CPT: Ruth Aldine. Blindfold. Harbinger of…pretty much anything.

RUTH: She has returned. Her return was inevitable but at the same time, it was not expected. He has returned as well, the war child gave him back that which he had needed most. That which made him like the rest of his kin. The mighty ones are going to get her, she will follow through.

RUTH: He is not aware that she is coming, though. After the war, he rekindled his…romance ? Yes, romance, with the lost girl, who has now found herself. She will make her arrival here, they all will…the soldiers of a false haven shall return here, to greet us—to greet you.

Panel 2/ Ruth starts to look a little troubled.

RUTH: But far too much happened the days before, for everything to be happening so quick. Earth’s mightiest were felled. The world is in a new age as of now. Evil lurks in places you would not find…Earth’s mightiest have…no.

Panel 3/ Side view. Ruth looks across.

RUTH: The witch is back, but her position is not secure. The soldiers will arrive here, soon, very soon. They will need help and you—you will procrastinate at first, but…you will help them. The head is gone…gone to reconsider his actions, as he should, as he would.

Panel 4/ Ruth looks up.

RUTH: They won the war, shall he allow them peace ?

Page 4/

Panel 1/ Inside a partially packed, dark jet. The first two seats are occupied, at the control seat, is Scott Summers, in casual clothing wearing ruby tinted shades, next to him, is a stern looking Emma Frost, wearing a white long white duffle coat. Behind her, is an African American woman, in her mid-thirties, with long white hair , cat-like blue eyes, wearing a black head band and petite looking black dress. Besides her, is a slightly younger Caucasian girl, with blonde hair and a fringe, also with blue eyes, wearing casual clothing.

CPT: Ororo Munroe. Storm. Queen of Wakanda. Second in Command of the Uncanny X-Men.

CPT: Illyana Rasputin. Magik. Younger member of the Extinction Team. Misunderstood.

CPT: 4/9 Of the Extinction Team.

SCOTT: I’d like to think that everyone here’s aware of the current situation, right ?

EMMA: Indeed.

ORORO: You’ve repeated this situation more than three times now, Scott.

ILLYANA: Yes.

SCOTT: Good. And I’ll repeat myself again, Ororo. Sofia Mantega is back on the drawing board, by some means--presumably the Scarlet Witch, her powers have returned. The same goes for Prodigy back in Utopia—whom I think Hope’s responsible for that, but we’ll get back to him later. New York is only a couple of minutes away and we do not want to overwhelm Sofia by popping in at once. She knows who we are, the Extinction Team specifically, it’ll be too much for her to handle. Ororo, I’ll trust your words in that you’ve got some sort of relationship with her ?

Panel 2/ “Camera” focus on Ororo looking at Scott as she explains.

ORORO: It wasn’t a relationship of sorts, we were closer than that. At first, she was the student and I the teacher. We both have command over the wind, I made it my responsibility to teach her everything I knew about my namesake and then some…but then, M-Day arrived.

ORORO: I wasn’t exactly aware of her “case” until after she had departed from the institute. Nezhno informed me while I was in Kenya…it was…sad I suppose, but there was nothing I could do at the time, I was far too preoccupied with the aftermath of Wanda Maximoff’s final spell.

ORORO: During the Avengers’ Initiative, something out of the ordinary did happen—the New Warrior’s leader, Night Thrasher, he had some complications with T’challa…even then I was too blind to see what was right under my nose, Sofia was a part of the New Warriors of that era. I did not know…

Panel 3/ She looks through the jet’s side windows.

ORORO: Sofia Mantega is one out of many who I’ve lost from my life and acted as if I could not care less due to the tediousness of my profession…I’d much prefer to not lose her a second time, if you don’t mind.

Panel 4/ Scott start’s steering towards the right. Illyana looks at him.

SCOTT: That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear, and as you all know, there’s a new age ahead of us. It’s best we enter it with as much assets as possible, especially with what happened between the X-Men and the Avengers.

SCOTT: Magik, I’ll need you to accompany Ororo inside the café. No offence Ororo, but the whole thing would look that much more believable if a girl around the same age as Sofia was at your side. That, and the fact that Sofia was mentored by Dani back when the squads were around.

Panel 5/ Flashback. Illyana, wearing black and yellow combat gear, is running across Utopia while speaking through an intercom. A battle between countless super human’s rages on. Her entire left arm is covered in mystical looking armour, she’s carrying a bright sword.

ILLYANA: Scott. It’s Magik. My brother has fallen.

VOICE: Understood, Magik.

ILLYANA: “Understood” ?-- Scott, could I also… please add that he’s lying unconscious on Namor’s seabed—Scott ?

ILLYANA: Scott ?!

Panel 6/ Back at the jet, Illyana looks a little uneasy. No longer looking at Scott, she begins removing her seatbelts.

ILLYANA: (You better watch what you’re doing, fearless leader.) I know, she told me.

SCOTT: Good. For time’s sake, I landed the jet on top of the Al’s Café building. This shouldn’t take more than twenty minutes, I’ll be monitoring your progress from here. The two of you can teleport down there.

Page 5/

Panel 1/ Sofia is sitting down in what seems to be her personal office, contemplating.

SWOP: My name is Sofia Mantega. I used to be an X-Man. A hero. Years back, the Scarlet Witch robbed me of my powers…my life, you know the story.

SWOP: A couple of minutes ago, she gave it all back and took off without a word. Other than the fact that she needed to give it—them, back to me. For so long I tried to act as if I wanted nothing to do with them.

SOFIA: (I just…I can’t even believe it. Honestly, where do I go from here ? Considering what happened between the Avengers and the X-Men…I couldn’t just find myself on Utopia, it’s a Sovereign Nation in itself, they’d probably consider me a threat.)

SOFIA: (That’s a risk I’m not exactly willing to take. Still, I remember the X-Men had this thing called “Cerebro”, or was it…”Cerebra” ? Whatever it was, they could use it locate any mutant in the world…new or old--)

Panel 2/ Abruptly, she gets out of her seat and heads for the offices exit.

SOFIA: (-Maybe they’re looking for me…maybe they’ve located me already. It doesn’t matter though, I need to be prepared for whatever comes my way. David and…the rest of them, God…it’s been so long.)

Panel 3/ In the café, both Ororo and Illyana have been seated next to the café’s door. Discreetly conversing amongst themselves.

ILLYANA: Yes, though, the feeling was distorted. It felt as if she resented me because of what happened to Piotr.

ORORO: I see. We’re both familiar with how Kitty is, she’s a stubborn little girl but she’ll come through eventually, you’ll see. The occurrence is understandable, in that the circumstance in which the two of you reunited weren’t exactly…convenient. She’s the Headmistress of the Jean Grey School, while you’re a member of the Extinction Team. You’re both in different positions and those positions require you to have certain responsibilities—

Panel 4/ “Camera” focus on Illyana as she heeds Ororo’s words.

ORORO: -Responsibilities of which demand the-

TELEPATHIC VOICE: Ororo, Illyana !

Panel 5/ They both halt the talking. Ororo looks above her in slight annoyance.

ORORO: Scott ? What is it ?

SCOTT: It’s Sofia. Emma’s got a lock on her and she appears to be making her away towards your position. Now, the two of you, don’t mess this up. Play it safe, we’re coming back into our glory days.

ORORO: We’ll do just that.

Panel 6/ Illyana looks across to the counter, Sofia walks in from the kitchen doors. The male waiter at the counter looks at Sofia.

ILLYANA: I heard that. Is that the girl ?

SOFIA: Greg, my mom just called me from San Francisco, there’s somewhat of an emergency situation with the rest of the family and I need to be there, pronto. Al’s kinda busy and I didn’t want to disturb him or anything.

GREG: Cool, I’ll cover the REST of your shift.

SOFIA: Thanks…you’re a star. (Here’s hoping I’ll even be back in the place by the end of this.)

Panel 7/ She walks past the counter, looking a little troubled. Illyana turns back to Ororo whom is looking at Sofia in shock.

ORORO: *to herself* Merciful Goddess…

ORORO: Yes, Illyana. That is Sofia Mantega, the ages have done her well.

ILLYANA: Of course they have. It is time, Ororo.

Page 6/

Panel 1/ Ororo gets out of her seat and halts Sofia in her tracks, Sofia doesn’t exactly recognize her as of yet.

ORORO: Excuse me-

SOFIA: Wha ?

Panel 2/ Sofia looks up at her. It’s almost as if she’s seen a ghost.

SOFIA: Oh my…Oh my God…St-Storm ??!

ORORO: Storm I am, but Ororo would be nice.

Panel 3/ Without thought or pause, Sofia hugs her tightly, much to Ororo’s surprise. Illyana looks on, trying not to show any sense of compassion.

SWOP: My name is Sofia Mantega. I used to be an X-Man. A hero. When I left the X-Men first time round…I didn’t think twice about what I was leaving behind. But today ? I’ve been given the keys to the kingdom…again.

ORORO: Welcome…home.

Page 7/

Panel 1/ Angled topographic view of a high-tech, technologically advance, futuristic school.A couple cars are parked out front. Some female students, wearing the same uniform that Ruth was are near the school entrance.

CPT:The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning.

Panel 2/ From the driveway, comes teenage Caucasian girl, with black hair, tied back. She is wearing a floral looking summer dress, carrying a brown box of chocolate. She looks a bit shy.

CPT: Laura Kinney. X-23. Clone of…you don’t even want to know.

LAURA: (…It is not too late to go back home and change. Julian might think that this is too…I should stop now. The war is over now, things happened. Things changed. Things are supposed to be better now, no more fighting, but there will always be fighting…no more running. )

Panel 3/ Side view. She walks closer to the school, a small gust of wind slowly blows.

LAURA: (With the Avengers Academy closed, there is no longer a need for me to be there anymore. But then I look at how I was a couple of…months ago, I was lost. Leaving the X-Men to find myself, it was a very long and daunting journey. Part of me feels like I have somewhat changed from the girl I once was.)

Panel 4/ She pauses as she reaches the school.

LAURA: (Have I changed ? Or am I still the same…lost girl that everyone knew ?)

Page 8/

Panel 1/ A Japanese teenage girl, with shoulder length black hair and a fringe, wearing the same uniform that Ruth was, notices Laura coming from afar, she smiles.

CPT: Hisako Ichiki. Armor. Bored of this place.

HISAKO: Um, is that—waitaminute--it is ! Laura ! Cess, look !

Panel 2/ Side view. Laura quickly walks towards her. Behind Hisako, is another teenage girl, with metallic skin and long ginger hair.

CPT: Cessily Kincaid. Mercury. Not actually made from actual mercury. One of Laura’s closest friends.

LAURA: Good afternoon. Hisako, Cessily. It is good to see you both.

CESSILY: Laura ? Oh wow, I almost didn’t recognize you. First of all, I heard about everything that went down with the Avengers and all, secondly…I know you’re not exactly prone to hugging people Laura, but--

Panel 3/ The two of them hug, Hisako looks on in happiness.

CESSILY: --You’ve been missed, a lot.

LAURA: I have missed you too, Cessily…

Panel 4/ “Camera” focus on a curious looking Hisako.

HISAKO: You know, Laura, never have I ever seen you so dressed up on a regular day like this. With a box of chocolate ? Who’s birthday is it ?

LAURA: Hisako…

Panel 5/ Laura looks up at the school, holding the box of chocolates with both of her hands.

LAURA: …It isn’t exactly anyone’s birthday. I came to see…I came here to see Julian.

Panel 6/ Cessily covers her mouth in shock, Hisako’s jaw drops.

HISAKO AND CESSILY: JULIAN ?!

Page 9/

Panel 1/ Inside Noriko’s room. Noriko is crossing her arms, looking towards her bedroom windows in annoyance, David is behind her, trying to explain something.

CPT: Noriko Ashida. Surge. De Factor Leader of the New X-Men. Will not believe she’s back.

NORIKO: As you can see, David, I’m not exactly in the mood for jokes. Considering the hell we went through these past couple of weeks with the Avengers’, anything could happen. Sofia coming back is just a hoax, even if the X-Men went out of their way to find her…*to herself* maybe they’re just bored, or looking to satisfy their Phoenix cravings….

DAVID: I just don’t understand. Why is it so hard for you to believe that she’s back ? What is it ? When she was around…when we all were, you never had any feelings of resentment towards her, the two of you were close friends…as close as you would let anyone get, I suppose.

Panel 2/ Noriko looks to the side, in sadness.

NORIKO: The past is the past, David. She’s part of my past, she’s staying there. Along with the other 45 of my friends that were massacred at The Xavier Institute.

DAVID: Oh, so that’s what this is about ?

Panel 3/ Noriko turns around to David in shock.

NORIKO: Excuse me ?

DAVID: The school, all the loss and pain that came with it. In other words, you’re trying to pull a “the past always comes back to haunt you” act. Sorry Noriko, but it’s not working. That was more than three years ago, we lived through it, Hope Summers came along with a squad of Nimrods, we lived through that. The Mighty Avengers came knocking on our doorstep, the X-Men left us while we were sent to the Avengers Academy, and escaped…we lived through that, our teachers—Scott and the rest of them, they each got pieces of the Phoenix to do with as they wished…we got through that. We survived, we always will. You need to remember that.

NORIKO: Ineed to remember that ? You arrogant little—!

Panel 4/ Noriko clenches her fist’s in scorn, charging over to cold looking David.

NORIKO: --Fine ! Maybe this whole thing isn’t solely about what happened to the school—maybe it’s a little bit more personal, is THAT what you wanted to hear ? When M-Day came—when we were at our wits ends…Sofia left us ! She left us without a word ! When we needed her most, when times were at their darkest…she left us, abandoned us for the New Warriors. You said it yourself, she was the heart and soul of the New Mutantswhy the hell did she feel the need to leave ?!

Panel 5/ “Camera” focus on Noriko looking up at David.

NORIKO: Fair enough, she didn’t have any powers so having her around might have LOOKED redundant, but we weren’t like that, we would never be like that to one of our own. We were the New Mutants, we stuck together, we were supposed to be a family…but she left us. When Wallflower died—when Laurie Collins was assassinated…where was she ?!

Panel 6/ Sooraya is walking down a corridor leading up to Noriko’s room, Sofia Is by her side.

SOORAYA: I do not believe anyone told Noriko of your coming, Sofia. I must say again, it is wonderful to see you after all these years. I do recall that we did not converse much while you were with the New Mutants and I on the Hellions…but truth be told…they were better days for us all.

SOFIA: No worries. I guess it’s good to be back…something I’ve been saying since Ororo surprised me today. You never know, maybe we can start anew ?

SOORAYA: That would be much appre-

Panel 7/ Noriko storms out of her room, not noticing Sooraya or Sofia.

SOORAYA: Noriko ! Did you not-

NORIKO: We’re no longer-

Page 10/

Panel 1/ Splash. Noriko stops dead in her tracks, looking at an astonished Sofia. David walks out of Noriko’s room at the same moment.

NORIKO: Oh

Page 11/

Panel 1/ Inside a dark, large, metallic, spherical chamber, a run way leads up to a podium. Floating above that podium, is a metal helmet. The room is identical to the one on Utopia.

CPT: The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning. Cerebra.

Panel 2/ The whole room lights up. A door opens from the left end of the run way, through it comes a Caucasian woman in her mid-twenties, with short, red hair. Wearing casual clothing.

CPT: Rachel Grey. Faculty member of the Jean Grey School.

RACHEL: (With Logan gone I’m not even sure how the school will hold up, he was the rock and the foundation of it all…not to sound co-dependent or anything, but we need him. It’s not as if he doesn’t pop out anytime he feels like it in act of attending to unfinished business and what not…but this feels…permanent. )

Panel 3/ She reaches the end of the podium.

RACHEL: Anyways. Onto the usual routine…

Panel 4/ She places the helmet on her head, the light’s show that her face harbour some red, symmetrical tattoos.Before her, comes a projection of planet Earth.

RACHEL: Rachel Summers, would you like to explain to yourself what the essence is in—

Panel 5/ “Camera” focus on Rachel as she holds the helmet in surprise, looking up.

RACHEL: --What in the world ?!

Page 12/

Panel 1/ Insider a casual looking dorm room, Laura is sitting on a bed, next to her is a Caucasian teenage boy, wearing the same school uniform that Ben was, with black hair. He has telekinetically attached metal hands. They both seem to be enjoying themselves.

CPT: Julian Keller. Hellion. Wasn’t exactly expecting any of this.

JULIAN: Ms. Frost gave me a gazillion detentions after that, but I guess it was all worth it in the end, right ?

LAURA: *giggle*

JULIAN: What’re you laughing at now ?

LAURA: I am sorry. It’s just that, you look so childish in the schools uniform. Definitely not the same arrogant, obnoxious, rude—Julian Keller I was familiar with.

Panel 2/ He looks at his attire in confusion while Laura discreetly laughs at him.

JULIAN: I do ? Oh, damn…is that a good thing or…?

LAURA: Oh, Julian…*giggle*, it is a very good thing…I think.

Panel 3/ He then starts laughing with her.

Panel 4/ Gradually, they stop and look at themselves.

Panel 5/ Julian scratches his head.

JULIAN: Y’know, Laura...I never really thought I’d see the day where you’d be laughing like this. I mean…with everything that happened between the X-Men and the Avengers, and how you decided to leave the Avengers in training…I kinda thought things would have been a little bit stressful for you.

LAURA: You thought wrong, Julian. Even though my stay was short, I learnt a lot from my time at the Avengers Academy, I learnt what it felt like to have some sort of…space, a sense of choice. I was not forced to do anything that I did not want to, I was not pushed in any direction that I felt was otherwise, I had a better way of living there than I ever did with the X-Men. Things have changed, Julian.

JULIAN: Yup. You’ve changed, too. I guess you going to those guys wasn’t a bad choice after all, for you that is ! I mean like I said before…never seen you laugh like this, for once, you actually look…

LAURA: …Happy ?

Panel 6/ ”Camera” focus on Julian looking at her.

JULIAN: Pretty much.

LAURA: That is because I am, Julian. You seem a little happier yourself. I heard what the She Hulk did to you, it is good to see that you have not—

JULIAN: Yeah, X ? I kinda don’t wanna talk about that right now, it frustrates me. I messed up…

JULIAN: …big time. But, seeing you like this ? That’s probably all I need right about now…I know I apologized before about what went down between us, but anytime I see you I feel like I need to do so a hundred times over.

LAURA: Do not. That is not needed, you should know that. I accept your apology. But I should let you know first that things between us…

Page 13/

Panel 1/ Hisako is walking down the school’s corridors.

LAURA: Cannot be how they used to be…

HISAKO: (Everything’s looking rosy, I guess. But come on, where are the Breakworlder’s ? Or-or Forge when you need him to come and make everything seem topsy-turvy ? I won’t even lie to myself, I miss having those daily ‘end of the world’ missions with the X-Men. Making fun of Logan and his constant binge-

TELEPATHIC VOICE: Hisako !

Panel 2/ She touches her heart in fear, while looking above her.

HISAKO: Shiiiii-

TELEPATHIC VOICE: Sorry about that, but there isn’t that much time to waste right now. There’s a problem, you need to come down to Cerebra, now !

Panel 3/ Cessily is in a class room, seated on the right of her is Ruth, on the left of her is a small monstrous looking alien of sorts, he’s wearing glasses as well as the school’s uniform. He’s looking a little eager.

CPT: Broo. A Brood. The most adorable little terror in the Universe, seriously.

BROO: Interesting, my observations have allowed me to infer that the three of us came to class approximately seventeen minutes earlier than needed.

CESSILY: I knew these empty seats had to mean something—

TELEPATIC VOICE: Mercury, you’re needed ! No time to explain things, just head down to Cerebra, quick !

Panel 4/ Cessily quickly gets out of her seat in a rush, while taking her school bag with her.

CESSILY: Uh, I forgot something in my room.

Panel 5/ “Camera” focus on Ruth looking at her in concern.

RUTH: (It is already happening…)

BROO: Ah, how unfortunate. If my memory serves well, Idie should be here any minute.

Panel 6/ Walking down another section of the school, a large male “student” made entirely out of rocks, next to him, is a shorter looking male student, with green, scaly lizard skin and spikes on his scalp, his right arm however is two times bigger than his left, with small, green spikes protruding from it.

CPT: Santo Vaccaros. Rockslide. A doofus at heart. Another actual Young X-Man.

CPT: Victor Borkowski. Anole. Santo’s best friend. And another actual Young X-Man.

VICTOR: You need some more sleep, Santo.

SANTO: But I’m for real on this one ! Sooraya and the rest of them guys are totally in with us ditching both sides for—

VICTOR: Hold on a sec’, Santo…since when were we ditching—

TELEPATHIC VOICE: Santo, Victor ! Come down to Cerebra, it’s an emergency !!

Panel 7/ They both stop and look at themselves in confusion.

Page 14/

Panel 1/ Inside the Cerebra room, Hisako, Cessily, Victor and Santo are standing behind Rachel looking up at the holographic projections of planet Earth.

CESSILY: Santo, could you stop budging me ?

SANTO: Dammit !

HISAKO: *to herself* Just how long have we been standing around here now ?

RACHEL: I’m sorry about the long wait, Hisako…but I thought it best I get all of you guys here first, out of the majority of other students we have enrolled here, the four of you are the most experienced and trained. You’ll be able to handle what comes after…

VICTOR: So what’s the sitch ?

RACHEL: …Well, let’s just say I might have been exaggerating when I described this as an emergency, but it’s more or less analogous to one.

Panel 2/ The holographic projection then shows the faces of David Alleyne and Sofia Mantega.

RACHEL: It’s just that, they’re your friends…I wasn’t exactly around the institute when the squads were up and running so it’s safe to say that I’m not as familiar with past students as the rest of you guys are…but these were your teammates. You remember them, right ?

Panel 3/ Hisako walks closer to the projection to take a closer look.

HISAKO: Well, I remember him. David Alleyne, Prodigy…we never spoke much but he was one hell of a leader even without powers. He stayed with Cyclops and the rest of them…

SANTO: Still a nerd.

CESSILY: What Hisako said…but the girl doesn’t exactly ring a bell, who’s she supposed to b—wait…*gasp* !

Panel 4/ Everyone looks at a gobsmacked Cessily except for Rachel, who looks up at the projection in concern.

VICTOR: What’s the matter, do you recog—

CESSILY: Oh my gosh, Victor…Santo, are the both of you telling me you don’t know who that is ?!…isn’t that-- isn’t she Sofia Mantega ?

Panel 5/ Santo and Victor both turn around to look at the screen.

VICTOR: Whoa…you’re right, Cess. It is her. She looks so…different.

SANTO: Holy cow !! It’s Sofia whatsherface ! Julian’s chick ! I mean…er…his ex-chick ! And she cut her hair !

HISAKO: Julian had a girlfriend ?

SANTO: You got that right ! They were all committed and everything !!

Panel 6/ “Camera” focus on Hisako giving Cessily a stern look.

HISAKO: Uh’huh.

CESSILY: So…Sofia, is she—is she back ? Like, does she have her mutant powers back or something ?...

Panel 7/ Rachel looks back at Cessily.

RACHEL: According to Cerebra, yes. They both do. Seeing as how David’s still on Scott’s side of the “franchise”, Scott probably knew about this before David did. And I don’t even have to know Scott for this…Sofia is already in Utopia, settling in.

CESSILY: What ?! How do you know ?

RACHEL: I’m a telepath. How do I not ?

Page 15/

Panel 1/ Angled topographic view. They continue to converse over the subject.

SANTO: Hey ! I gotta question…Julian’s probably one of the most experienced guys in the whole flamin’ school ! Guys lost his limbs and everything fighting for us. He’s kinda more…attached to these two than any of us were, he went out with Sofia, why ain’t he here with us ?

RACHEL: That’s one of the main reasons why I decided to not include Julian in this. Like you’ve already pointed out, he’s lost a lot, I’ve been watching him these past few days since the ‘war’ and he’s changing…I don’t want this to be another obstacle for him to overcome. I also know that Laura’s in the school too, letting him know that his ex-girlfriend is in town would not be a good omen.

Panel 2/ Cessily questions Rachel, Hisako crosses her arms in annoyance.

HISAKO: (I’m not even supposed to be here.)

CESSILY: So…we’re not letting Julian know about this ?

RACHEL: No, not for now anyways. Not until he’s ready.

CESSILY: What about us, though…are we gonna see Sofia ?

RACHEL: Something like that. None of you talk to Ruth, do you ?

HISAKO: Nope.

VICTOR: Not exactly.

SANTO: Nu’uh.

RACHEL: Indeed.

Page 16/

Panel 1/ Flashback. A younger Sofia, with much longer her than now, and a younger Noriko, wearing an apron are conversating inside a café, Noriko is on the other side of the counter. Next to them, is a teenage Caucasian boy with red her, he also has large red wings attached to his back. Noriko looks slightly agitated.

CPT: Before M-Day…

NORIKO: Oh, please, Sofia ! He does not get to treat me like this and claim it’s all in the name of love.

BOY: It may not be right, but it happens all the time.

SOFIA: Noriko, what time do you get off work ?

NORIKO: Why ?

Panel 1/ Sofia grins.

SOFIA: Because I have a surprise.

SOFIA: We’re going to have a—

NWOP: We were much younger then. Before the Decimation, we only had boy troubles and homework assignments to get stressed over. Laurie was still alive, Jay never sold his soul to Stryker, our friends were never massacred in that damned bus. But now…you’re back.

Panel 2/ Present day. Sofia and Noriko are strolling on Utopia’s beach. It’s coming towards the evening.

CPT: Now.

NORIKO: What am I supposed to do ? When M-Day came, Miss Frost made me the leader of the New X-Men. Our childhood was definitely lost. I had so much responsibility on my hands, I was forced to look after everyone on our team and ensure our survival as a whole. That wasn’t the case. I failed…the pressure was too much and I finally realised how you and David felt trying to lead our squad alone, I felt guilty.

SOFIA: At least you’re alive, Noriko. Believe me, I am sorry for bailing on the last minute, I am. I just couldn’t stay there anymore, I needed to move on. I loved what I had, I love what I have. Having that taken away from me was like having my heart ripped out of my chest. I couldn’t bear it…the short days after, I tried to make myself believe that I could accept leaving you guys, but I couldn’t. But now…

Panel 3/ Sofia looks over to Noriko in reassurance.

SOFIA: …Now I am back. All grown up. Things…everyone has changed, I didn’t think I’d ever find myself here but I managed to. There’s still too much for me to do, I want to see everyone, all of our friends, all of the people that I decided to leave behind

Panel 4/ She looks across to the ocean in concern, Noriko looks at her.

SOFIA: Laurie…I still can’t manage to wrap my head around that whole occurrence till today, I want to break down and cry every time I think about her. How I wasn’t there…how I never came to the funeral because I was too busy being selfish. Laurie Collin was my best friend, Noriko. I’ll never see her again. I could choose to mourn about it…about what happened to Jay…about what happened to Joshua, but I can’t.

Panel 5/ Sofia start to hover using some small gusts of wind.

SOFIA: We’re bigger than that. I know I need to catch up on everything, I know the world still isn’t ready for mutants.

NORIKO: You can say that again…

SOFIA: But we were going places before it all came crashing down. I’m back now…David’s got his powers back now, we can still do this….whatever that is.

NORIKO: How are you so sure ?

Panel 6/ She start’s flying, Noriko looks up at her In curiosity.

SOFIA: I don’t know. I just believe.

Page 17/

Panel 1/ Ororo and Scott are inside an office, both looking out through the windows at Sofia and Noriko on the beach. Ororo seems relieved.

ORORO: It’s nice to see Sofia getting a feel of what’s been denied to her for all these years.

SCOTT: It is. With everything she’s been through, it’s good to see her friendship with Noriko and David wasn’t lost. Moving on…

Panel 2/ Scott crosses his arms while still looking at the two of them playing on the beach.

SCOTT: I called for the Extinction Team to have a serious meeting today.

ORORO: Regarding the events of last week ? That would be needed.

SCOTT: Yes…I also wanted to ask you to not be present at this meeting specifically.

Panel 3/ Ororo then maintains a straight face.

Panel 4/ She then slowly, but surely, looks over to Scott in surprise.

ORORO: Scott, I beg your pardon ?

SCOTT: Don’t get me wrong, this is nothing personal. You’re not the only one I requested to not show up, Danger and Magneto aren’t needed in the meeting as well. You know as well as I do the intricacies of what transpired last week. Magik, Colossus, Namor, Emma and I need to make sure that certain things don’t ever get to that point again.

Panel 5/ Ororo tries to hide her annoyance while replying back to him.

ORORO: Is there any other reason as to why the three of us won’t be present, other than the vague one I’ve just received ?

SCOTT: No.

Panel 6/ Ororo discreetly steps away from the window, still looking at Scott.

ORORO: Of course there isn’t. And I’m to assume that this has absolutely nothing to do with the sordid fact that the five of you “specifically” were all hosts of the Phoenix Force ?

SCOTT: Ororo, let’s not go there this ti-

ORORO: Let’s not, Scott.

Panel 7/ She coldly turns her back on him and walks away.

ORORO: You've noticed my change of attitude towards you, Scott, haven't you ? Hopefully in the days that are nigh you will realise that Emma Frost wasn’t the only person to have sacrificed a lot to stay with you, Cyclops.

Page 18/

Panel 1/ Topographic view. Some seagulls rustle amongst the top of a large scrap-heap. Large chunks of old and rusty vans, cars and motor-bikes are scattered amongst the place. It’s evening. Beneath the main pile of junk, looks to be the colossal head of a man-made machine.

CPT: Location: Somewhat unknown.

Panel 2/ Zoom in. The seagulls are still hustling and bustling. None of them seem to have moved away from the obvious position.

Panel 3/ Side view. Some of the seagulls notice something coming from afar.

Panel 4/ Side view. They ominously stop and look at it.

Panel 5/ From a distance, a short male figure is walking in slowly.

Page 19/

Panel 1/ A couple seagulls fly off in the opposite direction, some still stay.

Panel 2/ All of the remaining seagulls fly off in fear, nothing is left behind. The only thing visible is the ravaged head of the man-made machine.

Panel 3/ A shadow of the male figure forms upon the head.

Page 20/

Panel 1/ Splash. The male figure walks in, he’s wearing a complete grey tracksuit. He removes his hood as he walks into the scene. His skin is coloured fully gold with a large black spot moving near his neck, he has ash blonde hair. He’s a teenager. He looks a little tired.

CPT: Joshua Foley. Elixir. Back.

JOSHUA: …Laurie ?

To Be Continued…..

NEXT – Children and Politics.

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

punkpuppy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By punkpuppy3

THIS IS EXTREMLY GOOD!!! just sayin.............. :)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@punkpuppy3 said:

THIS IS EXTREMLY GOOD!!! just sayin.............. :)

Thanks alot for the support, there'll be more to come !