Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83
No Caption Provided

This City is in serious need of a colon cleansing. It's urban intestinal track filled with the rancid buildup of crime addicted fecal matter, bursting free of the iron guts of justice. Now running down societies pants leg. The people of this city scream out for a laundry mat. One with affordable machines, a friendly staff, and respectable hours. But truly the people scream out for a full course meal. One that won't send them running to the potty like a taco bought from a neighborhood convenience store.

Justice is that meal! This city is it's bowl; and I am it's...

No Caption Provided

The Tick hurled himself off of the roof of the building he was standing on and came crashing down to the streets below. His hulking frame cracking the sidewalk as he landed in front of two men wearing ski mask. They had just successfully pulled off a daring daylight heist, and were attempting to make their escape to their getaway car.

Too bad they pulled it off in the wrong city.

The Tick's city.

"Halt! Evildoers. For you now face a true champion of good!"

The two criminals came to a screeching halt. Stopped in their tracks by the muscle bound masked crime fighter. "Holy sh*t! It's him! the freak from the papers. The one who bodied all of them Ninjas downtown," the larger of the two thieves hollered. His partner already reaching for his gun.

No Caption Provided

"Then we body his pajama wearing a$$ first!" Shouted the second man as he pulled the trigger of his overly excessive handgun. The guns blast was a small crackle of thunder which quickly found it's call being followed by another. Both men fired six shots each, all bullets hitting their mark but having no effect on the behemoth in blue, whom simply smiled as the little metal projectiles bounced harmlessly off his broad chest and squared jaw. The tiny balls bouncing off and away from him. Sent in every direction.

No Caption Provided

Four bullets found themselves flying into a delivery truck hauling propane tanks! The large vehicle becoming a fireball of destruction that obliterated half a block worth of stores and sidewalk. "Bullets can't hurt me scumbags! I'm neigh-invulnerable," Tick said. "Lets see if you two can say the same." The gigantic vigilant rushed both his would-be killers with incredible speed. Grabbing both men by their skulls; which he easily palmed like basketballs. Starting with his initial assailant, Tick simply crushed the man's head, before tossing his lifeless body into the smoldering wreckage of the delivery van.

"Jesus! Marty! You crazy son of a bi*ch, you killed him! You ain't no hero. This..... this is madness!" Shouted the larger bank robber. Forced to struggle in a lunatics iron grip as his best friend cooked like bacon in charred metal and leaked oil.

Tick finally turned to his captive. The smaller man twisting in his hand. A crazed look now burning in his eyes, "Madness? Madness?! This. Is. Justice!!" With a final roar Tick tossed the ski mask wearing man into the wall of a nearby building so hard, the man's bones were pulverized on impact. Instantly killing him. "Spoon fed justice."

The Tick stood in silence amidst the carnage. Taking it all in, a disgusted look on his face, "Look at what these animals do to my city," he spat. He eventually bounded off as more and more civilians began filling the area. Their phones and notepads at the ready. And in the distance sirens could be heard.

But thanks to the Tick justice had already been served.

With a spoon.

THE END.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@guardiandevil83:

Few thoughts; I love the monologue here, I do. I would take out the second "Also" in the second line. That is like a speed bump in the street. It abruptly slows the narrative. Just start that sentence with "The." Also, the Tick kills? I guess liberties can be taken as this is fan fiction. Story telling is a tad rushed and short.

Okay, on to the good stuff. Like I said, his monologue is really amusing. And the action was good enough. This is good for a quickie one-shot, but would need more development if you wanted to expand into a series.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wildvine: I just thought of this crazy way of deconstructing the whole "operates outside the law" thing. I was inspired by Captain Lance's speech to Laurel on Arrow. The one that was, uh, about Arrow. Lol

It makes us ask. What came first, the hero or the property damage?

And thanks for the viewing!

Yeah it was just a short fun little story but I had so much fun that I actually might expand it. I believe Tick killed in his original comics run. I distinctly remember him crushing people.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Yeah it was just a short fun little story but I had so much fun that I actually might expand it. I believe Tick killed in his original comics run. I distinctly remember him crushing people.

That is possible. My experience with him is from the Fox cartoon. So could be wrong there.