The Takedown

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74  Online

**All charcters owned by DC Comics. This story is rated m, like most good comics because it has violence and death. This story is based on the original Superman story "Reign of The Supermen' where Superman was a bald villain."

The Takedown

The ruins of Arkham Asylum, Gotham City

“Did you get it?” whispered Beast Boy nervously looking around. His shape shifted constantly from a rabbit, a bat and fennec fox

Robin threw the leather bound journal onto the ground “Just where I expected my father to leave it. And why are you whispering?”

“Superman you idiot!” snapped Beast Boy as he changed into a chimp and latched onto Robin’s collar

“He’s not here”

“How do you know?”

“Donna sent her signal, meaning that she and her team are dead or dying as we speak. Hence the reason we were able to come back here to Arkham and get the book without him watching” Robin walked off towards his customised bike

“Donna’s dead?” asked Garth turning into hawk “I’m gonna kill that kryptonian bastard!”

Robin snatched Beast Boy out of the air and drew him to eye level “Garth. You’ll get your chance. But I’m going to kill him. He killed my father. Bastard even killed Pennyworth”

Garth morphed into human form and stood eye to eye with Robin “We’ll stop him Damien”

“Not yet. We need a few more things”

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Metropolis

Superman tore Kid Devil in half like a piece of paper as Donna Troy, Blue Beetle, Mr Freeze, Red Tornado and Plasmus watched on in horror! He slowly floated to the ground

“He he he, next” snarled Superman holding a half in each hand, blood splattered across his face

Mr Freeze opened up with his freeze cannon. Superman easily parried the ray with his eye beams “Victor I’ve fought you twice in my life, this third time will be your last” the laser doubled in power and ferocity and punched a hole through the former villain’s chest

Red Tornado fired a localised vortex at the once greatest hero. Superman flung half of Kid Devil at the android, knocking it backwards. Plasmus flung a glob of protoplasm catching Superman in the face

Superman roared in shock, windows exploded at the shockwave of his voice

“Again!” screamed Donna as she flew straight up above Superman

Plasmus flung more but it did nothing more than burn holes in the iconic blue uniform

“You caught me by surprise Plasmus” growled Superman “Right in my eyes, it actually stung” Superman took a deep breath and blew a hurricane stripping Plasmus down to his skeleton, the protoplasm peeling off his body like a leper in a wind tunnel

Red Tornado used the wind and threw Superman up into the air as Donna came down from the heavens like a bolt of lightning smashing her fist into Superman’s face. CRACK! Donna’s hand broke but she continued to pound away

“By the gods I swear you’ll pay for what you did to Diana!” she screamed chopping Superman across the throat “You’re a monster!” She slammed her forehead into his nose

“It was her or me Donna” replied Superman grabbing Donna by the wrist “I chose her!” Superman fired his eye beams and severed Donna’s right arm at the shoulder. He then smacked her across the face with the severed limb

“NO!” Red Tornado flew in to save Donna but Superman was quicker. Superman put his fist through Red Tornado’s forehead and carved a channel through it and out his lower back. Red Tornado collapsed a broken hunk of metal and circuitry.

“Diana went out fighting” said Superman “Like the warrior princess she was”

Donna collapsed on her knees, holding the cauterised stump, tears streaming down her face

“Didn’t one of my robots kill you?” asked Superman sarcastically as he flicked the remnants of Red Tornado off his fingers

“Back off!” yelled Blue Beetle. His suit had created a veritable arsenal of guns and pointing them at Superman

“Really Jaime?” laughed Superman “I think I’d be more scared if Ted was pointing his flare gun at me. You...” Superman didn’t finish his sentence as Blue Beetle opened fire; Superman dodged and ended up behind the azure hero “Shot at me with kryptonite radiation!” Superman grabbed the symbiote on Jaime’s spine and reefed it off in one quick motion. With his other hand Superman pulled Jaime’s head off his body

“Why? Why you bastard?” cried Donna as she staggered to her feet, her left hand reaching into her belt

“Because I can, because you’re all beneath me and because I’m not the Superman you think I am” He slowly pulled off his hair to reveal a clean bald head

“Lex?”

“No. You’ve been to other realities, other dimensions. I’m Superman but not from around here. And the first I did was kill me when got here. Now I’m going to kill all of you, especially those most dangerous. Like Batman. Like Wonder Woman. Martian Manhunter”

“Like me” Donna revealed a black diamond in her hand “I’m dangerous Clark and by the gods am I angry!”

Donna gripped the diamond and her body rippled with demonic energy releasing Eclipso into her

“Hello Superman” her voice crackled “Miss me” A blast of purple eldritch energy shot from her hand slamming into his chest “I didn’t want to embrace the darkness, but it feels oh so good”

Donna fired another blast knocking the man of steel to his knees “Always had a problem with magic didn’t you blue? And with me?” Another burst flattened him to the ground “I can’t wait til I possess you again!”

“NEVER!” Superman opened his eyes wide and melted Donna into a molten slag pile of purple crystal. Superman walked towards the statue “I have no idea how you keep coming back Eclipso...I don’t actually care. As you for Donna, you’re a poor man’s Wonder Woman” Superman raised his fist and pulverized the statute into glitter

Superman caught his breath and then bathed the area in X-rays. Happy with the results he flew off into the air

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gorilla City, Africa

Damien threw the journal onto the table “Did you get the other things?”

Professor Zoom threw the katana onto the table “Piece of cake”

“Don’t get smart Thawne” snapped Hawkgirl as she placed her pouch onto the table

“The more we bicker, the less gets done and more of us die” stated Black Manta as he placed a triangle onto the table

“Where’s Deathstroke?” asked Damien looking around the old gorilla council chamber

“Not back yet obviously” snapped Professor Zoom as he shimmered at hyperspeed

“My father had a way to deal with the Flash, I’m sure it’ll work on you. And unlike my father I’ll kill you” stated Damien as his locked eyes on the yellow clad speedster “Your move”

Zoom came to a dead stop. The air went silent. The atmosphere tensed.

Beast Boy changed into a giant squid “Okay people break up the alpha male party. Superman is the reason we’re here. Any other squabbles are like fifty two minutes ago, forgotten”

“Finally you get a brain Garth” said Deathstroke as he entered the room and threw a crystal cane onto the table, with a hand attached to it

“Oh my god!” shrieked Beast Boy

“Mr Z didn’t want to give up his protection for the greater good” said Deathstroke “I persuaded him”

“Do we have everything?” asked Hawkgirl as she removed her helmet

Robin counted them down “Mr Z’s crystal, Katana’s katana, my father’s journal, Angle Man’s mystical triangle and if you got the...”

“I got the gems” growled Hawkgirl as she emptied her pouch. Several pieces of gemstone; black, blue, red and green

“Fascinating” said Zoom as he inspected each at high speed

“So Robin, what do we do next?” asked Deathstroke

“We need one final piece for our plan and then we go kill Superman” said Robin bluntly as he gathered up the items.

Suddenly a klaxon alarm went off “He’s coming” shouted Black Manta

“Go!” yelled Robin punching in coordinates into his belt and teleporting away. The other’s followed suit except Zoom who shot away at near light speed. Black Manta remained as Superman crashed through the roof into the chamber

“Clever hiding place, but Garth has really got to keep his voice down. I heard his girlish scream from the upper atmosphere”

“I’ll tell him that” said Black Manta "After I deal with you"

“And what do YOU plan on doing? You’re the villain of one of the lamest heroes in any dimension. What are you going to do? Slap me with fish?”

“No I had my helmet modified to a design that Steel was working on before you threw him into the Sun” Black Manta fired a beam from his eyes hitting Superman in the face. Superman screamed! “Red kryptonite lenses! It’s synthetic but it hurts doesn’t it!” Manta fired an electrical blast from his wrist as well “I’m sure I can’t kill you but I’ll hurt you. Just like you hurt me, taking away my Arthur!” Black Manta watched as Superman writhed in pain “He was mine! Not yours. How dare you!?! Arthur was mine!” Black Manta raised his trident

Superman slammed his hands together shattering the lenses into Black Manta’s face. Superman grabbed the trident his fallen opponent and impaled Black Manta on it, pinning him to the wall.

“You and Arthur...I never knew” said Superman wiping blood from his nose “But so far you’ve actually hurt me. A man in a scuba suit” Superman removed the trident and reinserted it into Manta’s chest under his clavicle “Now tell me a story”

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

End part 1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By batkevin74  Online
No Caption Provided

Old JLA Satellite, 22300 miles above the Earth

“How did we get compromised?” yelled Deathstroke as he ‘ported in

“He’s Superman!” Robin yelled back “He can hear clouds scrape together! Now who’s left?”

“I don’t see Manta” huffed Beast Boy as he shifted into a gorilla “Or Zoom”

“Shame about Black Manta” said Hawkgirl “I don’t care if Z..”

“Miss me” said Professor Zoom as he streaked into the room “I just searched this place top to bottom just in case he was waiting here for us. Am I the only smart person here?”

“No, you’re just the fastest” snipped Robin

“So what’s the rest of the plan boy wonder?” asked Deathstroke as he peeled his mask off “Hide here in space so big blue can’t hear us?”

“For the moment yes!” snapped Robin staring at the mercenary for hire in his good eye “Do you think I like this?!? Running, hiding like an animal! Well we have too! That alien can see through the planet! He can knock it off its axis if he put his mind to it! The only reason we’re alive is because we all ran. If you want to go out in a blaze of glory by all means do! But I intend to survive and I intend to kill that outer space bastard!”

The low buzzing of the oxygen scrubbers was the only sound. Deathstroke slowly stroked his beard and exhaled calmly

“So what’s the plan?” he asked again “Because honestly Damien, I’m scared. I could take all of you in this room in a heartbeat, I fought your father on numerous occasions and beat him, I’ve smacked heads with every do-gooder league, society, titan and villain. And out of all of them, Superman’s the one person I can’t stop! So what’s the plan...please”

Robin opened up the leather bound journal and placed it on the table. The group leaned forward and stared at the page

“Holy holocaust bat-boy!” exclaimed Beast Boy

“And people think I’m crazy” laughed Zoom

End Part 2, more to come soon

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Why has this gem been hiding, forgotton down the back of the fan-fic department? Is this some of your early work, due to the lack of comments; it seems that way? Are you going to have more? I'd like to see what Robin has planned that Zoom thinks is insane. Good work

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74  Online

@4donkeyjohnson: Wow! I had forgotten about this....I should really get back and finish this

Hey Here's some really ancient history of mine, what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@batkevin74: As usual, I like it!

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Noice!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74  Online

@tomdickharry1984: Thanks

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74  Online
No Caption Provided
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#9  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: You really think this is a bad story? The only major problem I see with it is that you didn't finish it, like too many of your stories. :P

I think the blood and gore is realistic for an evil Superman, but I tend to shy away from describing every detail of a bloodbath. I tend to go back and look at any bloody scene I write and think it comes off more as "going for shock value" than as good writing, even though it may be well written and seemed very intense at the time. I am much more into the method of letting the reader's mind run away with what they imagined happened.

So I'm trying to remind myself to write the bloody scene if that's what it takes to get to the next scene, but go back and edit it for something that leaves more to the readers' imaginations. Like in the Weird West contest for the CCC, I described a bloody mess in the cabin, where a werewolf dismembered the hero's children. I wanted to convey that shock to the character, but when I get around to posting it on the forum (outside of the CCC) I want to edit it so it's not quite so graphic, but still gets the readers' minds going. I think that will ultimately be more effective.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74:

This is fantastic. And maybe inspiration for Corrupted? Maybe one of your best stories I have read.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74  Online

@wildvine: @cbishop: Actually no, its just one of my least favourite. It actually might've been the inspiration for CORRUPTED (don't remember) but the idea was from this picture

No Caption Provided

And yeah it's unfinished...like several other dangling threads of mine

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#12  Edited By The Impersonator

@batkevin74:

Wow! This is a good, super story. I like it.

I've noticed is that most of the dialogue, including the sentences, lack some commas and a period.

I'll give two examples, just to say in short.

Mistakes.

“Fascinating” said Zoom as he inspected each at high speed

Suddenly a klaxon alarm went off “He’s coming” shouted Black Manta

Corrections.

“Fascinating,” said Zoom as he inspected each at high speed.

Suddenly, a klaxon alarm went off. “He’s coming,” shouted Black Manta.

Other than that, it's a good, super story. I'm looking forward to part 3.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 batkevin74  Online

@the_impersonator: Yeah this was early stuff so my grammar and punctuation was a tad off. There may be a part 3, possibly not, as I'm not overly happy with this but surprisingly others are which is...well it's cool actually. See what I can muster

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

#14  Edited By FicOPedia

@batkevin74: Read this again. Can't believe I didn't mention it the first time, but Beast Boy's name is not Garth. That's Aqualad/Tempest. Beast Boy is Garfield "Gar" Logan. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 batkevin74  Online

@ficopedia: Shall have a look and correct it. Thanks

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 batkevin74  Online

Oh wow, needs a major edit in terms of grammar and punctuation. No idea what I was on about

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Oh wow, needs a major edit in terms of grammar and punctuation. No idea what I was on about

He's... he's... editin-- <passes out from shock> ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 batkevin74  Online

Edited, parts 1 & 2 together again for the first time

The ruins of Arkham Asylum, Gotham City

“Did you get it?” whispered Beast Boy nervously looking around. His shape shifted constantly from a rabbit, a bat and fennec fox. Robin threw the leather bound journal onto the ground where it made a puff of concrete dust.

“Just where I expected my father to leave it. And why are you whispering?”

“Superman, you idiot!” snapped Beast Boy as he changed into a chimp and latched onto Robin’s collar in terror.

“He’s not here.” Robin sighed.

“How do you know?”

“Donna sent her signal, meaning that she and her team are dead or dying as we speak. Hence the reason we were able to come back here to Arkham and get the book without him watching.” Robin walked off towards his customised bike that started as he approached.

“Donna’s…dead?” asked Garth turning into hawk “I’m gonna kill that kryptonian bastard!”

Robin snatched Beast Boy out of the air and drew him to eye level “Garth. You’ll get your chance. But I’m going to kill him. He killed my father. Bastard even killed Pennyworth.”

Garth morphed into green human form and stood eye to eye with Robin. “We’ll stop him, Damien.”

“Not yet. We need a few more things”

Metropolis

Superman tore Kid Devil in half like a piece of paper as Donna Troy, Blue Beetle, Mr Freeze, Red Tornado, and Plasmus watched on in horror! He slowly floated to the ground.

“He he he, next!” snarled Superman holding a pulsing half in each hand, blood splattered across his face. He flicked the remains off his fingers as if he’d washed his hands. Mr Freeze opened up with his freeze cannon and Superman easily parried the ray with his eye beams.

“Victor, I’ve fought you twice in my life, this third time will be your last,” the laser doubled in power and ferocity and punched a hole through the former villain’s chest with a firey pop! Red Tornado fired a localised vortex at the once greatest hero. Superman flung a half of Kid Devil at the android, knocking it backwards. Plasmus flung a glob of protoplasm catching Superman in the face making him roar in shock, windows exploded at the shockwave of his voice.

“Again!” screamed Donna as she flew straight up above Superman. Plasmus flung more but it did nothing more than burn slight holes in the iconic blue uniform.

“You caught me by surprise, blob,” growled Superman “Right in my eyes, it actually stung.” Superman took a deep breath and blew a hurricane stripping Plasmus down to his skeleton, the protoplasm peeling off his body like a leper in a wind tunnel. Red Tornado channelled a tornado up under the man of steel and threw him up into the air as Donna came down from the heavens like a bolt of lightning, smashing her fist into Superman’s face with an almighty CRACK! Donna’s hand broke but she continued to pound away.

“By the gods I swear you’ll pay for what you did to Diana!” she screamed chopping Superman across the throat. “You’re a monster!” She slammed her forehead into his nose

“It was her or me, Donna,” replied Superman grabbing Donna by the wrist the way parents nab naughty struggling children. “I chose her!” Superman fired his eye beams and severed Donna’s right arm at the shoulder. He then smacked her across the face with the freshly severed limb.

“NO!” Red Tornado flew in to save Donna, but Superman was quicker; he put his fist through Red Tornado’s forehead grabbed a handful and reefed out the insides. The android collapsed a broken hunk of metal and circuitry.

“Diana went out fighting,” Superman mocked. “Like the warrior princess she was.”

Donna collapsed on her knees, holding the cauterised stump, tears streaming down her face.

“Back off!” yelled Blue Beetle. His suit had created a veritable arsenal of guns and pointing them at Superman from a dozen tendrils.

“Really, Jaime?” laughed Superman “I think I’d be more scared if Ted was pointing his flare gun at me. You...” Superman didn’t finish his sentence as Blue Beetle opened fire; Superman dodged and ended up behind the azure hero.

“Shot at me with kryptonite radiation!” Superman grabbed the symbiote on Jaime’s spine and reefed it off in one quick motion. With his other hand Superman pulled Jaime’s head off his body.

“Why? Why, you bastard?” cried Donna as she staggered to her feet, her left hand reaching into her belt.

“Because I can, because you’re all beneath me and because I’m not the Superman you think I am.” He slowly pulled off his hair to reveal a clean bald head.

“Lex?”

“No. You’ve been to other realities, other dimensions. I’m Superman, but not from around here. And the first thing I did was kill me when got here. Then Lex. Now I’m going to kill all of you, especially those most dangerous. Like Batman. Like Wonder Woman. Martian Manhunter”

“Like me!” Donna revealed a black diamond in her hand. “I’m dangerous and by the gods am I angry!”

Donna gripped the diamond and her body rippled with demonic energy releasing Eclipso into her. Waves of indigo rippled through her form.

“Hello Superman,” her voice crackled blending Donna’s and the ancient evil together. “Miss me?”

A blast of purple eldritch energy shot from her hand slamming into his chest. “I didn’t want to embrace the darkness, but it feels oh so good!”

Donna fired another blast knocking the man of steel to his knees. “Always had a problem with magic didn’t you blue? And with me?”

Another burst flattened him to the ground. “I can’t wait until I possess you again!”

“NEVER!” Superman opened his eyes wide and melted Donna into a molten slag pile of purple crystal. Superman walked towards the statue “I have no idea how you keep coming back Eclipso...I don’t actually care. As you for Donna, you’re a poor man’s Wonder Woman.”

Superman raised his fist and pulverized the statute into glitter. He caught his breath and then bathed the area in X-rays. He then scanned with his hearing and took in a deep breath. Satisfied that the area was clear and his enemies dead, he took to the sky.

Gorilla City, Africa

Damien Wayne strode into the room and threw the journal onto the large glass table “Did you get the other things?”

Professor Zoom threw the katana onto the table. “Piece of cake”

“Don’t get smart, Thawne” snapped Hawkgirl as she placed her pouch beside the priceless sword.

“The more we bicker, the less gets done and more of us die.” stated Black Manta as he placed a triangle onto the table.

“Where’s Deathstroke?” asked Damien looking around the old gorilla council chamber.

“Not back yet obviously” snapped Professor Zoom as he shimmered in and out at hyperspeed.

“My father had a way to deal with the Flash, I’m sure it’ll work on you. And unlike my father I’ll kill you.” his locked eyes on the yellow clad speedster. “Your move.”

Zoom came to a dead stop and stared back. The air went silent. The atmosphere tensed.Beast Boy changed into a giant squid and draped tentacles over them all in an awkward hug.

“Okay people, break up the alpha male party. Superman is the reason we’re here. Any other squabbles are like fifty-two minutes ago, forgotten.”

“Finally, you get a brain Garth.” Deathstroke laughed as he entered the room and placed a crystal cane onto the table, with a hand still attached to it.

“Oh my god!” shrieked Beast Boy morphing into a frightened cat.

“Mr Z didn’t want to give up his protection for the greater good,” said Deathstroke pulled off his mask. “So, I persuaded him.”

“Do we have everything?” asked Hawkgirl as she removed her helmet and sat beside the mercenary.

Robin counted them down. “Mr Z’s crystal. Katana’s katana. My father’s journal. Angle Man’s mystical triangle. If you got the...”

“I got the gems” growled Hawkgirl as she emptied her pouch. Several pieces of gemstone; black, blue, red, and green.

“Fascinating!” said Zoom as he inspected each at high speed.

“So, Robin, what do we do next?” asked Deathstroke.

“We need one final piece for our plan and then we go kill Superman.”

Suddenly a klaxon alarm went off.

“He’s coming!” shouted Black Manta.

“Go!” yelled Robin punching in coordinates into his belt and teleporting away. The other’s followed suit except Zoom who shot away at near light speed. Black Manta remained as Superman crashed through the roof into the chamber.

“Clever hiding place, but Beast Boy has really got to keep his voice down. I heard his girlish scream from the upper atmosphere.”

“I’ll tell him that,” said Black Manta. "After I deal with you."

“And what do YOU plan on doing? You’re the villain of one of the lamest heroes in any dimension. What are you going to do? Slap me with fish?”

“I had my helmet modified to a design that Steel was working on before you threw him into the Sun!” Black Manta fired a beam from his eyes hitting Superman square in the face. “Red kryptonite lenses! It’s synthetic but it hurts doesn’t it!”

Manta fired an electrical blast from his wrist. “I’m sure I can’t kill you, but I’ll hurt you. Just like you hurt me, taking away my Arthur! He was mine! Not yours. How dare you!?! Arthur was mine!”

Black Manta watched as Superman writhe in pain, hit him again with the red blast, stepped up and raised his trident to impale the hero. Superman slammed his hands together shattering the lenses into Black Manta’s face, the grabbed the trident and rammed it into villains stomach, pinning him to the wall.

“You and Arthur...I never knew.” said Superman wiping blood from his nose. “But so far you’ve actually hurt me. A man. In a scuba suit.” He slowly removed the trident and then reinserted it into Manta’s chest under his clavicle. “Now, tell me a story.”

Old JLA Satellite, 22300 miles above the Earth

“How did we get compromised?” yelled Deathstroke as he appeared inside the derelict headquarters slowly orbiting the planet.

“He’s Superman!” Robin yelled back. “He can hear clouds scrape together! Now who’s left?”

“I don’t see Manta,” huffed the green gorilla form of Beast Boy. “Or Zoom.”

“Shame about Black Manta,” said Hawkgirl. “I don’t care if Z…”

“Miss me?” said Professor Zoom as he streaked into the room. “I just searched this place top to bottom twice just in case he was waiting here for us. Am I the only smart person here?”

“No, you’re just the fastest” snipped Robin.

“So, what’s the rest of the plan boy wonder?” asked Deathstroke. “Hide here in space so big blue can’t hear or smell us?”

“For the moment yes!” snapped Robin staring at the mercenary for hire in his good eye. “Do you think I like this?!? Running, hiding like an animal! Well, we have too! That alien can see through the planet! He can knock it off its axis if he put his mind to it! The only reason we’re alive is because we all ran. If you want to go out in a blaze of glory by all means do! But I intend to survive, and I intend to kill that outer space bastard!”

The low buzzing of the oxygen scrubbers was the only sound. Deathstroke slowly stroked his beard and exhaled calmly. “What’s the plan? Because honestly Damien, I’m scared. I could take all of you in this room in a heartbeat, I fought your father on numerous occasions and beat him, I’ve smacked heads with every do-gooder league, society, titan, and villain. And out of all of them, Superman’s the one I can’t stop! So, what’s the plan...please.”

Robin opened up the leather-bound journal and placed it on the table. The group leaned forward and stared at the page.

“Holy holocaust bat-boy!” exclaimed Beast Boy.

“And people think I’m crazy!” laughed Zoom.