The Red Shadows Part 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/the-red-shadows-1491895/

No Caption Provided

FSB Headquarters, Lubyanka Square, Moscow

The clock on the wall ticked as Ivan Gort sat patiently on the chair outside the Director-General’s office. Across the room paced Shreck the metahuman vampire, who constantly glanced at the old man.

“I hear Zastrow is dead” said Shreck, breaking the silence.

“Do not talk to me unless you are ordered to talk to me!” said Gort as he looked at his watch. Shreck hissed and kicked the chair in frustration. Gort slowly stood and took off his jacket. “Sit!”

Shreck bared his fangs in anger before slowly sinking into a chair. Gort retook his seat and the pair stared at each other, imagining ways to kill the other. The only sound the ticking clock, like a timer on a bomb. After many tense minutes, the outer door opened and in stepped a hesitant Katarina Bolotnikov. She gasped as she saw Shreck.

“I didn’t think you were going to show.” said Gort “I thought I would have to drag you here like a bad dog!”

Katarina walked over to Gort and slapped him. It had no effect but the sound was impressive. She raised her hand for a second go when Gort caught her wrist and bent it, forcing her to her knees as he stood above her.

“The first one, I will give you.” he said, unhurt from the slap “It is not every day you find out your father is a homosexual.”

No Caption Provided

Katarina looked up in shock “What?”

“I presumed he told you” said Gort releasing his grip.

Katarina got to her feet “He said he would explain after I had come here”

“Your father likes the company of other men” chuckled Shreck.

Gort flew across the room and slammed the vampire into the wall “I warned you about speaking, monster!” Gort smashed his fist repeatedly into him before the vampire managed to turn himself into mist.

“ENOUGH!” The door to the Director-General’s office flew open. Standing in the doorway was a lean man in his fifties. The room seemed to drop in temperature as he looked at them like a principal stares at naughty children. “In!”

Shreck slowed reformed and walked in followed by Katarina. Gort bringing up the rear when the Director-General placed a hand on his chest. “Stalnoivolk, tread carefully” Gort looked at the little man quizzically. He went to speak but the Director-General turned and entered the office.

“I am Igor Medviedenko, the Director-General of the FSB” said Igor as he moved behind his desk “You will sit” The trio complied as he watched them like a hawk “Do any of you know who I am?”

“The Director-General?” said Katarina hesitantly.

“I don’t expect you to know child, I was asking the other two relics!” Igor walked to the window and looked out the large window “Both of the probably remember the statue of Felix in the square? No? Well then…” He unlocked the window and returned to his desk “No matter. The Red Shadows have been reinstated due global trends. I point, you go. There is no committee, no hand holding like the days of Major Zastrow, but ruthless efficiency!”

“So once again we are trying to compete with the Americans” groaned Gort

Igor smiled a hollow smile “Not this time Stalnoivolk! We have a closer target”

“Is it just us three?” asked Shreck, much to the annoyance of Gort.

“No, there are five of you. Stalnoivolk secured your fourth member, Cauldron, who is being refitted to a more suitable candidate”

“And the fifth?” asked Gort suspiciously.

No Caption Provided

The window opened and a handsome man in a green uniform floated in. Igor smiled broadly “Exceptional timing. This is your field commander, Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar, the Red Star”

Barents Sea, aboard the Slava-class cruiser Marshal Ustinov

“Our mission is twofold,” said Leonid as he pointed to the schematics on the table “Bolshoi and Shreck will infiltrate whilst Gort, Cauldron and myself run decoy”

Katarina folded her arms “You expect me to kill someone?”

“No. I expect you to kill as many people as necessary to get the job done!” stated Leonid “Any questions?” The quartet sat silently, the cold Arctic waves lapping the hull. “Good, prepare for launching in two hours” Leonid rolled up the schematic and left the room.

“Didn’t he use to be a Titan?” asked Katarina.

“Everything changes” said Gort as he shoulder bumped Shreck and left the room also, leaving the young girl and the vampire alone with the mechanical beast known as Cauldron. Katarina didn’t know who to be more afraid of.

Gort followed Red Star onto the deck. Leonid turned “Something I can help you with Steel Wolf?”

“This is why I don’t trust you” snarled Gort “You speaking English to me.”

“Something wrong with being bi-lingual?”

Gort walked up and stood over the former Teen Titan “No little star, there is something wrong when someone of your, profile, joins a team which is the assassin arm of the President!”

“You doubt me?” scoffed Leonid.

Gort pushed him backwards “I outright question this!”

Leonid’s eyes and hands flare with alien plasma “Touch me again old man, see what happens”

Gort looked at the young man “If you are…no let me say this in English so you know I am serious. If you are playing us, if this is some double cross, I will pull your head from your shoulders and punt it into the Oval Office! Then I will break all your former friends in half!”

Red Star smiled “I am through with playing comrade.”

To be continued....

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Continued from:

“I didn’t think you were going to show.” said Gort “I thought I would have to drag you here like a bad dog!”

Katarina walked over to Gort and slapped him. It had no effect but the sound was impressive. She raised her hand for a second go when Gort caught her wrist and bent it, forcing her to her knees as he stood above her.

“The first one, I will give you.” he said, unhurt from the slap “It is not every day you find out your father is a homosexual.”

How very Russian! And then this "

“Your father likes the company of other men” chuckled Shreck.

Gort flew across the room and slammed the vampire into the wall “I warned you about speaking, monster!” Gort smashed his fist repeatedly into him before the vampire managed to turn himself into mist.

You weave an excellent tale and then to throw in Red Star. Very well done

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know who these people are, but I like them. Great Job Kev.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Red Star you may know from the Teen Titans but yeah its a group of little know Russians about to kick @ss on...well you'll soon see

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks, was hoping that bit didn't come across as anything other than just, well Russia is being a total d!c# to its homosexuals of late. Just trying to convey that

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well Russia is being a total d!c# to its homosexuals of late

And then some!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#6  Edited By cbishop

Nice job. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Thanks. :) ...Honestly though, I just needed a way to remember what I've read. lol

...Also, besides being a variation on a recommended reading page, it also gives me a way to comment when I don't have a lot to say about a fic. I'd have felt a little weird just saying, "Nice job" to this, but that's all I really had to say. So now I can add the bit about adding it to my FF Long Box. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: One day, when I finally work out these $%^#g link things, I may start my own box

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: lol, I really don't understand the problem you're having. I mean, sir, If *I* can get it, anyone can. ;)

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad I saw chapter 3 up as I'm off there now... Good story

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatoe48er: Spasibo comrade! Or for us non-Russian speakers thanks friend :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74:

Bumped like chapter 1 as a hint hint for more :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Really wondering what poor soul the group will be hunting?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice one! Can't wait for the team's first mission. I'm really liking this concept.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient history bump

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@batkevin74: There we go! Some brand recognition to make the group relevant to the rest of the universe. Red Star and KGBeast are probably the only two Russian characters that viners know well. I think his original name was Starfire, then writers changed it when Kory became popular.