Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

" C'MON ENRAI, 'URRY UP! WE CAN'T WAIT ALL DAY!" Mizune and Aoi are both ready to leave but are being stalled by the pichu who has not come down yet. They are both impatiently waiting outside for his arrival. Suddenly a window on the top of the building opens up to reveal the face of a pichu with a pair of black glasses on. He climbs out to reveal a white coat with a burgundy trim and a small bag slung over his shoulders. "What took ya so long?" he said, throwing a small berry he found on the ground at him.

"Had to get my stuff. But check this out!" Enrai said, beginning to take some steps backwards on the roof.

"Oh no, not this again. You go back through that room and down th' stairs like we did. The last time ya did that ya ended up gettin' hurt and I got the heat for it." Memories of the previous week seeped into his mind. Leaving the building, he heard the shouting of his name and when he turned around he saw a yellow blur, followed by the sudden impact of something hitting his stomach.

"Pfft, shows what you know. Just watch." The pichu got his running start and jumped off the building. Midair, he grabbed a small ball out of his coat pocket and threw it to the ground. As soon as the ball made connection with the ground it expanded into a large bed in the shape of a thunderbolt.

"This is goin' t' be a long trip, ain't it?" Mizune said, turning around as he lit a cigar. In the background he could hear something fall into the bushes and then a few groans.

. . . . . . . . .

A few minutes later, the unlikely group was off. Aoi being in the lead, Mizune and Enrai trailing behind. Enrai was still getting leaves and sticks out of his coat. Suddenly he felt a strange sensation across his back, like someone was rubbing their fingers over his back. He turned around to find that no one was there, but he could still feel the vibrations on his back.

"Hey Mizune, come here for a sec." Enrai called over to the pikachu.

"Eh, what is it?" Mizune slowed his pace a bit to match Enrai's.

"There's this weird feeling on my back, mind if ya check it out?" Enrai said, turning around to show Mizune his back.

"I don't see anythin," he said examining the back of Enrai's coat. "Lift up yo' coat." Slowly Enrai began to pull the back of his coat up, revealing the cause of the irritation. " Found it, ya got a bunch of joltiks on ya back."

"The hell is a joltik?" Enrai said, moving his head to and fro, hopelessly trying to look at this back.

"They're these lil electric spider pokemon-thingies." Mizune began to explain, " Ikazuchi uses 'em to spy 'round our area since they're too small t' easily be noticed," he continues, "See the webbin' up above?" he asked Enrai.

At first he didn't see anything, but as he looked a bit more he saw that through the trees were various strands of webbing interlocking and spread throughout.

"Now, look closely at 'em, see anythin'?"

Examining the webs more closely he noticed a small electric spark run down the line. "Yah, I just saw some electricity on it." Enrai replied.

"That's how they get info to the Boss-man, all that webbin' connects to the HQ. When they find somethin', they send a special electric pulse down th' web where they flow into a rod. The reason the Boss-man can stay in bed all day is 'cause that rod's connected to it. All those signals these lil buggers are sendin' out go directly ta him an' keep him informed." Mizune finished.

"Huh, that's kinda cool I guess." Enrai said, looking at a few of the joltik that had moved upwards onto his shoulder. Suddenly, the joltik looked up and started to shake with electricity. Quickly, they jumped off of Enrai and went back into their trees. "Whoa, what's going on?"

Mizune looked around cautiously. "That means somethin' happenin', be on the lookout. C'mon, lets catch up to Aoi."

Thus ends chapter 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: The way you convey the dialogue great! The story was short, so it felt like nothing happened. Do you keep the ch short because they are more conducive to write or because of the passing you are aiming for?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monarch_chronicle: I'm trying to keep things shorter because I don't like having my pages/computer crashing and have to restart for the most part. Also makes it easier to focus on certain things, like introducing the joltiks being used as informants. I'll try to make the stories longer though ^.^

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5