The origin story of the superhero, Paragon!

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

Hi everyone, I have been trying to create my own superhero and I have recently written a very basic summary of the hero’s origin and was wandering if I could get some feedback, thanks.

Summary:

A scientist called Silum from Gliese 370 b (the locals call it Palla, also Glieese 370b is a real planet that scientists think could potentially have life on it) developed a super suit that would give the wearer various abilities to make life easier and safer, he intended for every individual on his planet to have one so everyone, even the poor and disabled would be happy and healthy. However the Grand Authority (the government) wanted to use the super suits for military purposes so instead they took the Silum’s designs, data and the prototype and weaponised the suit, building in various weapons. The Grand Authority offered Silum a job in the making of the military version of the suit (though he wouldn’t be given full access to what they were doing with the suit), he said yes in hopes of getting the chance to convince them to scrap it or at least do something to stop it. When the new prototype was proven an effective weapon the Grand Authority were going to make more for an army’s worth of super powered soldiers. Silum wouldn’t allow the suit to be used a weapon so he stole the suit and wiped all data and destroyed all his designs (he didn’t destroy the suit because even shut of it is extremely difficult to destroy and he was escaping with it so didn’t have the time, he didn’t put it on because he didn’t know it’s full capabilities and how to use it properly and would likely cause a lot of damage), he takes a space ship and fly’s off with the super suit but the government discovers what he did so they sent agents after him. Silum intended to hide on Earth since he thought that if hostile aliens came to Earth all he would have to do is alert the locals and they would see them as a threat and attack them, also he could try using local technology to destroy the super suit (which when powered down so is not as durable). He was going to go through a wormhole (using the wormhole projector that was part of many ships) to Earth but the agents caught up to him and shot at his ship, he went through the wormhole to Earth but crashed, he died in the crash but the super suit survived (the wormhole had closed behind Silum, when wormholes close they leave a small tare in the universe which is invisible and closes quite quickly, it can be used to figure out where the wormhole went but it takes a while. The crash was seen by a nineteen year old called Daniel “Dan” Jacobs who was driving home through a bit of the countryside after visiting a friend. He went to see the wreck, thinking it must be a plane, only to discover it was a space ship. He finds the super suit (when shut down is a small device that fits in the palm of your hand. When he picks it up he accidently activates it, the super suit straight away covers is body and takes the form of a superhero costume (because the suit can look like what the wearer wants it to, the wearer accidently activated this function but because he didn’t have a look in mind it tapped into his sub conscious and became a superhero costume because of his love of superheroes) as well as accidently activating random functions of the suit e.g. flying twenty feet into the air, shooting energy blasts etc., he eventually manages to stops this, the suit then automatically activates another function which is that it tapped into radio waves, the internet etc. thus learning English so that the message Silum recorded in the suit explaining where the suit came from and some basic functions (it didn’t reveal all in case the wearer is dangerous but enough so the wearer doesn’t accidently hurt someone, also he put the message incase he died, in fac it was the reason he had the Grand Authority scientists to put this function in incase he tied while trying to escape with it and it came into the hands of a stranger ) was in English. He is excited because he was now able to become a superhero,he decides to call himself Paragon. Soon after the Grand Authority agents track down the suit, since they had special devices that did a similar thing to the suit, scanning the internet etc. Which allowed the devices to act as translators, also because Dan had since become a superhero so his exploits were all over the internet which made tracking him down easy. Knowing the potential danger of the suit they first tried to get him to give up the suit willingly but he was unsure since the recording contradicted what the agents said and he wasn’t entirely sure that he should give strangers such a powerful weapon just because they said it was theirs, he asked for proof and wouldn’t give it up until they did which led to the agents to just attacking him, hoping his lack of experience with the suit would prove his downfall, he is able to defeat them and later manages to fake his and the suits demise so as to avoid an alien invasion using the hologram function and the agents ships and what they had to fake a transmission that showed the suit’s and his destruction.

I’m’ still undecided on some of my superhero’s powers but below are powers I am considering so if you could say what you think of them.

• Possible powers:

1. The suit itself can change its appearance in a variety of ways due to its nanobot-based technology, becoming various clothes, through this the wearer can have the suit cover his body and camouflage perfectly effectively becoming invisible.

2. Also the suit allows the wearer to produce holograms, this particular function allows anyone with the suit even if they aren’t wearing it to record holographic messages.

3. The suit is also makes the wearing nearly invincible, it also has an aura/force field over parts of his body that isn’t covered.

4. The suit also grants the wearer the power to fly at incredible speeds, the ability to project powerful energy blasts from any part of his suit (he prefers to shoot it from his hands because it makes aiming easier).

5. The suit also augments is strength, allowing him to lift hundreds of tons. The suit also has a built in technologically advance sensory system which when used manually increases the wearer’s sight and hearing to superhuman levels, when in automatic mode the suit alerts the wearer to any perceived danger. The suit allows the wearer to interface with any technology just by making suit to technology contact.

I haven’t decided on the costume yet, I have a number of ideas but until I’ve decided what powers the superhero has and his physical appearance I won’t work too much on the costume.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

This is really an amazing story! But you need to divide it into paragraphs. It makes the reader much easier to read. Unless, you're using IE of course. I would prefer using Google Chrome. It's way much better. :P

I also liked the powers of the costume. It sounds neat and a lot like the mix-up of Venom and the Vindicator.

On the other hand, since you wanted some feedback on this story. The best place is to go is KisserNe's Feedback Joint. You'll notice it on the top of the Fan-Fic forum. You can post this story there and later she'll add it to the front page. That way, your story might get more recognition. :)

AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

Thanks.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

@AmazingFantasy15: No problem! :)

AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

Bump

AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

bump

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Cool Beans!

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Nice job!

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

#9  Edited By FicOPedia

Did you write any other stories with this guy?