Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

I'm guessing it's supposed to look like this :)

A big departure from your usual, which is nice. An almost Biblical tale with Thor starting everything again...good, but if he doesn't remember his history, he'll repeat it

Stories.

They have been told for countless millennium now, since words were first recorded, but that is all they are, stories. Sometimes it feels like I am a story, a sick and twisted story that I am forced to live for eternity. My name is a story. An account of something once real that has been exaggerated beyond recognition.

They called me Thor, once, a long time ago. The God of thunder. A title bellowed through the streets of Asgard, and this is all that's left of that title. No longer the home that I knew, but a ruined old castle. Dropped in the middle of a place once so full of life that beings across infinite worlds and dimensions sought to conquer it. One by one, we repelled them. That was also, a long time ago.

Now I am alone.

The mortals have died out, as is their way, and the immortals fared no better. Only I. Thor. The God of Thunder. That too has lost its meaning. I am no longer a God. What does a God rule over if nothing is left? What is a God of Thunder if there are no skies remaining? Just dead empty space in place of what I used to know.

When I think about it, it's beautiful. The early seeds of what will bloom to become universes, beginning anew. I wonder if I'll be here when they do, if I will be able to nurture them, protect them from harm. That is my worry, that these worlds will also crumble and it will be because I was not here. I have outlived everything from my past, but even I will die one day. The fear was in never knowing when, the fear now is in not caring when.

I am a defeated God. A man if ever there was a definition for one. I wonder if these worlds will have darkness like mine, and heroes to repel that darkness, to keep fighting so others may live in the light for one more day. I could help, with what little time I have left. I could sire a champion to take them into a new age of light, so that the fight would finally be won.

I suppose it is fitting, that in my loneliest hours I think not of humanity as a whole, or those whom belonged to it that I loved, but of a mix, between the beauty of humanity, and the glory of the Gods. Who else but Hercules, the God who I envied almost daily. A child of the sky and those who walked beneath her. I always marvelled at his strength. Not just the raw power he commanded but also his resolve, he would do much more here than I could. I think of his foe Atlas, who held the skies aloft for as long as the skies were there.

I think of Hercules' father Zeus, much like my own, his temper at times but the love he had for all was not often questioned. I think of his other children, namely Hermes, fun-loving and swift, as if riding on the wind itself. I think of Zeus's protector Thetis, and her son, Achilles. Courageous Achilles, braver than most men I have met. But altogether, they are missing something, the full touch of humanity, their ability to think, to solve, to learn. Who better to add to this makeshift pantheon of Gods and Men than the wisest of those that have lived and passed, good king Solomon. Who saw above the lesser Gods who vied for power and titles,to the one who controls all, to the one who watches over me now. He who remains above all, that gifted lowly Solomon with wisdom that would lift him above religious squabbles, to a point where all men regardless of differences would admire him.

These are the qualities this world needs, and the qualities I will instil in the champion worthy enough to carry them. With the last breath of my life and all those that have been long forgotten, I will oversee the creation of this champion.

So begins my search, and let these new grounds bring forth a worthy successor.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By CapFanboy

@4donkeyjohnson said:

@awesam: Yeah but as he wishes to act like an a$$, so I will treat him as one! I think he believes he's funny, but all he's done is managed to annoy me! Put the story in a readable story format and not slopped onto a page like a dogs breakfast and then maybe I'll read it!

Leopards and spots...

1) I was summoned to that page. Y'know with the little @cappie in there somewhere. I decided it would be too much for me to vote between two of my favourite writers on the vine and although it would be better to be objective and base on story alone, I still couldn't do it. I can't pick one over the other. It's just something I couldn't do.

2) The story was formatted properly. It was separated into paragraphs and everything was spaced out nicely. Either CV or Google chrome messed that up and I was left with a wall. Not my fault and to be honest I don't have the effort to try and edit it again only for it to discard my changes and say it hasn't been edited.

3) Why the hate?

@awesam: Thanks Sammy

@jonny_anonymous: Spiderbat! Where have you been hiding?

@batkevin74: Thank you for your time, but honestly I've given up. I've tried to edit it several times since I've posted it but it keeps discarding the changes. Maybe I'll try a different computer and use your changes later on today. Don't worry, credit will be given where credit is due!

@pyrogram said: he is one of the funniest dudes on the forum

You don't understand how much I love you right now.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfanboy: I'm here all the time man, it's everybody else that seems to be disappearing :-(

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well I haven't seen you :O

Yea I'v probably been lurking more than posting these days, what you been at?

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I was gone for like 10 days but came back. Tend to stay lurking as well, mainly planning right now...you'll see.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfanboy: That sounds ominous, is it a revolution?

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@capfanboy: So instead of voting, you act like a spoilt peacock saying "you don't have time to vote" yet time to write that comment. I don't hate you, I do find you annoying. You weren't asked to write a review of War & Peace in a foreign language, you chose to be a pest. That's probably why I have fired up at you like I have, you seem to have talent but you decide that being a clown is where you are at!

As for your story, it isn't my fault it is a wall of text is it? There's an edit button...but again your apathy shines through, blaming tools or updates...

I shall happily and simply, avoid you from now on, seems that'll work for us both for I don't see you changing nor me backing down.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfanboy: You weren't asked to write a review of War & Peace in a foreign language, you chose to be a pest.

LMFAO! HE DID THAT? AHAHAHA

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@4donkeyjohnson:

This is shorter than most things on the RPG forum for example. This realllly is not that long to read bro, Simply if you wish though...copy/paste it onto this typing box and add paragraphs yourself if its that big of a deal. The story is good, Again you condemn something for a formatting and even more ironically, AGAIN this formatting problem was not his fault as he told me. Hold your words before you act like a immature child after a vendetta bro, it's obvious you have something against Cap but don't go about it offending peoples work for no reason. And erm, he is one of the funniest dudes on the forum ( even though its relative ) but seriously...Sort out your attitude, Sorry to say but it's only causing aggro in the section and I doubt its good for anything but arguments like this, and nobody wants that man :)

So for me to read it, I have to copy and paste...as oppose to him editing it into a readable format...pass! Yes fan-fiction is free, yes it tends to get criticised more than bought fiction...but if presented like a dictionary vomited onto a page...I shall read someone elses work who put in SOME EFFORT!

But I am done now, with this. It will only escalate into something over essentially nothing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64  Edited By Pyrogram

@4donkeyjohnson: Its not even that much to read ffs, its a SMALL block of text. If you cannot read past that you don't deserve to call yourself a writer /thread

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson:Please show me the thread in which I claimed I never have time to vote. I believe I said I didn't read the stories. For the reason I gave earlier, I can't be objective and my vote would be largely biased. I didn't choose to be a pest, I was summoned to the thread and rather than just ignore this request I chose to explain reasoning for my decision through a tiny bit of banter with who I consider a friend on the site. The comment wasn't aimed at you so I find no reason why you needed to take offence to it. Also, opinions of talent are down to individual preferences. Dave Chappelle to me has as much talent as Ernest Hemingway or any other literary great. Maybe being a clown isn't as bad as you think as it may cause myself or other people enjoyment. Making people laugh isn't a bad thing and if we all had to be serious all the time, then it isn't a world I'd want to be living in. No-one asked you to read my comments, look at anything I write or generally interact with me. I did not ask you to be here, you chose to be here and vocalise your disdain for me in a way that you saw fit rather than privately message me and make your opinions known to me that way. I may not have particularly liked your opinions but at least I would have respected them.

Also thank you for pointing out the edit button. Not like I've already explained that I've attempted to edit it and the box refuses to acknowledge them. Again, I didn't ask you to read this, so when you saw the way it was spaced you could have clicked back off it and gone to a different story. One where the human population is killed off in vast numbers and what very few survivors there are live a life of misery. Even if my formatting error was done consciously and I had no clue about proper spacing, this still wouldn't matter much. The reason we're here is because we're fans of a particular art-form. Showcasing our love for the art-form doesn't mean making sure everything is nice and pretty. Also, I honestly hope this isn't how you welcome new writers who may have troubles with spacing as that could lead to them leaving thinking the whole board is like that.

The problem here seems to stem from the fact that I didn't vote on a contest because I wouldn't be basing it on merit rather than go off formatting problems to determine a winner in a contest about writing talent.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So instead of voting, you act like a spoilt peacock saying "you don't have time to vote" yet time to write that comment. I don't hate you, I do find you annoying. You weren't asked to write a review of War & Peace in a foreign language, you chose to be a pest. That's probably why I have fired up at you like I have, you seem to have talent but you decide that being a clown is where you are at!

As for your story, it isn't my fault it is a wall of text is it? There's an edit button...but again your apathy shines through, blaming tools or updates...

I shall happily and simply, avoid you from now on, seems that'll work for us both for I don't see you changing nor me backing down.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Pyrogram

@awesam: No its not. When a guy acts like a **** He gets treated like one.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@awesam: No its not. When a guy acts like a **** He gets treated like one.

Violence is not a solution to violence. It'll only bring about more.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Good. If the other person deserves it.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AweSam
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@pyrogram:

@pyrogram said:

@awesam: Good. If the other person deserves it.

Is that a threat? Shall I get a moderator in here because though....why am I even bothering!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pyrogram

@4donkeyjohnson: You are threatened by words that are not even a threat? How old are you 10?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@4donkeyjohnson: You are threatened by words that are not even a threat? How old are you 10?

No I'm 42. So now I am going to flag your post as it direct contravenes CV rules. I believe you just moved into the category of cyberbully, well done

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Pyrogram

@4donkeyjohnson: You're 42? Seriously? Act like your age and stop getting butt-hurt over little things. For Christ sake its a comic forum.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I have flagged your posts and will be informing moderators. Since it is you now acting like an a$$ you shall reap the consequences of your actions. I may be 42, this may be a comic forum, but you're behaviour towards me for what you consider attitude, is vile!

I am old enough NOT to put up with your teenage rubbish, which is my presumed guess at your target range.

You are almost text book definition of cyber-bullying. I said I was done, you have persisted.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pyrogram

@4donkeyjohnson: Ohh you calling me an ass, offending cap and calling him all sorts of names and doing countless other things was not against the rules was it? lol ok have a nice day.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AweSam

@4donkeyjohnson: Listen. I get you guys aren't getting along, but this is getting out of hand. If someone's being disrespectful, or mean, then just ignore them. Walk away.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: He is performing what you call irony, unaware that he has been highly disrespectful to cap, and when cap makes a reasonable argument he starts on me beacuse he is unable to back up his opinions. Let him cry himself to sleep.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@pyrogram said:

@awesam: He is performing what you call irony, unaware that he has been highly disrespectful to cap, and when cap makes a reasonable argument he starts on me beacuse he is unable to back up his opinions. Let him cry himself to sleep.

What part of I'm done did you miss?

@pyrogram said:

@4donkeyjohnson: Ohh you calling me an ass, offending cap and calling him all sorts of names and doing countless other things was not against the rules was it? lol ok have a nice day.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers