The New Writer's Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TypingKira

This is for the new guys, or the guys that haven't gotten a lot of comments and views and would like to generate some buzz. Here you guys can talk about anything you like, so long as it's about fanfiction! 

And for older users, this would be a good place to offer tips, advice, and critiques to newer writers on the Vine. 

As always, be constructive and polite and respect other users. 
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy
@TypingKira: awesome idea
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TypingKira
@CapFanboy: Lol, thanks. 
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapFanboy

Wow, did this not take off..

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ekrolo

@CapFanboy: Well im doing a Star Wars/Mass Effect cross over that changes the story of Star Wars and will introduce new universe into it like Avatar and others, there i just took it off lol.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided
Cage_2913_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cage_2913_69

I'm writing scripts for a Luke Cage TV Show. Its called Cage. Eventually i'll add more characters like Iron Fist and Misty Night but i'm not that far into the series.

VictahV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VictahV

Would anyone be interested in doing a weekly or monthly workshop? Each week or month there could be a new fictional topic one could write a short script or story about.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By X35

More people should read my Marvel: Genesis - Swordsman... :(

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

I'm pretty new at this, I only have two fics (chapters) out and I'm supposed to be writing 4 ongoing fics 1 for DC Genesis and 3 for New Amalgam Universe, I think I might be in over my head lol

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Surkit

bump

fist

Ludo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ludo

I'm working on a story arc about the New 52 Wonder Woman. She's looking for a sadistic killer who has kidnapped and tortured several victims. One of these people are Wonder Girl's mother and Barbara Minerva, the future Cheetah.

The only problem, is this too similar to "Batman: The Long Halloween"? What do you think about it?

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#13  Edited By Hawkeye446

Working on a story about a duo: Jocasta and Deathcry explore a world where they became close friends years before. From thugs to classic Avenger's villains, sure to be interesting.

@X35 said:

:o I must!!! Does it have Mantis?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I know I'm not knew, but I had an idea for a entirley new GL in the year 2300. SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION:

In the year 2300, paranoia and fear has corrupted several governements throughout the world. Minorities are killed on sight, and white supremacy has skyrocketed since the third world war. Despite the Kandaqis losing, people began to believe in their ideas.

Along came Jack Madison. He is and African American living in Gotham City. He was blockaded inside his apartment. He grabbed a gun and was ready to fight when a Green Lantern Ring came to meet him. He used it with great skill, obliterating his attackers (not killing them) and going to Oa for training as the first human Green Lantern in hundreds of years.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By X35

@Hawkeye446 said:

@X35 said:

:o I must!!! Does it have Mantis?

Not yet... but she was going to show up around #12... the eponymous Swordsman wasn't Jacques but he was a recurring character. Anyway, Swordsman is kinda on hiatus atm until stuff cools down with regards to Marvel: Genesis or I can find the inspiration to write the one scene left in Swordsman #3.

@Hawkeye446 said:

Working on a story about a duo: Jocasta and Deathcry explore a world where they became close friends years before. From thugs to classic Avenger's villains, sure to be interesting.

I'd read it!

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hawkeye446

@X35: Unfortunately I was never given a response to my story. I offered everything that was asked of me, so I am just going to do it out of continuity of Marvel: Genesis...

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By X35

@Hawkeye446 said:

@X35: Unfortunately I was never given a response to my story. I offered everything that was asked of me, so I am just going to do it out of continuity of Marvel: Genesis...

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hawkeye446

@X35 said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

I pmed them about it weeks ago..

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I write a lot but never fan-fiction really, is it alright with the almighty mod-gods if I just post my own fiction(complying with the rules of course)?

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CapFanboy

@Hawkeye446 said:

Whoa, I'm terribly sorry. I told Prime to handle everything with introducing you to the group.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By Project_Worm

@DoomDoomDoom: Definitely Triple D, people do that all the time.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MenaceForever2

Well I'm creating a new series called Niki, the first issue is out so you would like you can head over to the Fan Fic board. I also have a new series that I am planning to call the Mystics which will hopefully start next Sunday.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#23  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@menaceforever: Cool

the purpose of this thread has been taken over by the The "Feedback" Joint (where you can talk about stories you're going to write, promote stories already present and so on. Basically it's this thread, but updated).

So, I'm going to lock this thread. It's nothing connected to your story, but I just think we should have only one place to promote stories and such...