THE MYSTERIOUS LADY CHAPTER THREE: RO MEETS LADY

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

With a series of sputters, Ro’s car came to a jolting halt. He cursed and muttered something inaudible under his breath. He quickly exited to see what the trouble was with his car. The cold night air would have bothered anyone else but not Ro;. Ro had trained to resist such things. The altitude would make breathing trouble for any ordinary man, and yet Ro was far from ordinary. Most would freeze to death, but not Ro.

“I’d find another way up,” Came an all too familiar voice from behind him.

Ro turned around and asked, slightly annoyed, “How do you suppose I’d do that, Lady?”

Lady crossed her arms and pointed a long finger upward, “Climb,” she stated simply.

Ro shot her an annoyed look, “And why would I do that?” he snickered.

Lady began to lift herself into the air and float around Ro, circling him. Her form blended together as she taunted him.

“The battle begins at midnight, Ro,” She told him, “I don’t see any other way up.”

Ro sighed and looked up at the cliff side. He patted it cautiously, almost testing its strength. He clutched the nearest ledge, his knuckles white from his own grip and began to climb. Lady floated above him, circling dangerously close.

“That’s my boy,” She playfully mocked.

He looked over and smiled. Lady winked at him. She watched with innocent and loving eyes as he struggled to reach the next ledge. Lady tilted her head to the side slightly and began to stroke a familiar scar on Ro’s neck.

“Remember this one?” she whispered gently.

“Yes…” Ro answered, “The first of many. I was five….it was 2 A.D…”

Ro ran in the meadows of India. The soft dew made the tall grass stick to his feet. He laughed and played as his parents watched lovingly from a distance. The sun beat down on Ro’s head but he didn’t mind. He was having fun.

It was then that, out of nowhere, a lady in a purple dress appeared in front of him. Ro thought her quite beautiful. Her hair seemed to be made of the night sky, her eyes the stars.

“Hello there,” she said, her voice dripping with happiness, “and who might you be?”

“Ro!” he exclaimed, happy to meet his new friend.

“My name is the Mysterious Lady,” she told him, “but ‘Lady’ is fine.”

She clutched his hand and started leading him towards the nearby forest.

“Come with me,” she cooed gently, “we’re going on an adventure.”

At this point Ro’s parents grew concerned. They watched in horror while Ro seemed to talk to thin air. He had his arm raised like someone was holding it, yet nobody was there.

Ro felt like he should ran away, yet he felt intrigued, mesmerized, even, by Lady’s presence. The crunch of new fallen leaves was heard underneath his feet. The sun shone through the forest shining behind Lady.

“We’re almost there,” She said. He continued to walk through the forest when—

His parents found him later that day and gave him a good scolding. Weeks went by under his parent's watchful gaze. He never left his room, but he didn't complain.

One night in particular stuck out in Ro's mind. His Mother had tucked him in that night and kissed him on the forehead.

"I love you," she whispered to him, "I'll see you in the morning." With that, she blew out the candles and left the room.

Ro could see Lady floating over his bed just fine, despite the darkness.

"Hello, Ro," Lady sang in a friendly tone, "I've enjoyed talking to you these past few weeks."

"So have I!" Ro giggled in return.

"Well, Ro," Lady said, half laughing, "There's something I need to tell you." her lips curled into a smile.

"Anything!"

Lady cast an apprehensive glance out the nearby window.

"Tonight is a special night," she smiled warmly, "The first of many. It begins......now."

Lady floated down to the floor in one fluid motion, and watched with eager anticipation when she heard Ro begin to snarl and roar. She stared innocently at the scar on his neck. Nobody but her had seemed to notice it. She smiled at the sound of bones snapping and cracking before her. She was delighted at the horrified shriek of a mother and a father's dying sigh of fear. It was the first of many special nights to come, and Lady took pleasure in every second of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: oh, right...I should comment...

Gruesome ending...

I still can't picture myself "sighing in fear" when faced with such a beast, but that's just me...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: oh, right...I should comment...

Gruesome ending...

I still can't picture myself "sighing in fear" when faced with such a beast, but that's just me...

not just a sight of fear...a dying sigh of fear....as in that's his last breath...

Yes I know it's gruesome. That's the intent.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: You can name call me "The OBSERVANT Poet" :P

xxYoungFatexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By xxYoungFatexx

Should I worry if I love that ending? Heh, this was a fun story to read, especially the ending portion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxYoungFatexx said:

Should I worry if I love that ending? Heh, this was a fun story to read, especially the ending portion.

Oh my God THANK YOU!

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: You can name call me "The OBSERVANT Poet" :P

YES! I'm totally doing that.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Time_Phantom

The ending was great. Who is the Mysterious Lady? (I don't think you'll tell me but what the hay) Nice ending, sucks for them though.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: If you call me "The Ever Observant Poet", then I would think you were in league with reVamp...sorry...long story...

@Time_Phantom said:

The ending was great. Who is the Mysterious Lady? (I don't think you'll tell me but what the hay) Nice ending, sucks for them though.

To quote 17 different actors/actresses from the TV show The Prisoner: "...That would be telling..."

I'm sorry...I apologize for my references of older shows a lot of people wouldn't know...

What can I say? i'm a crazy person...

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SyIar

Great job dude!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SyIar said:

Great job dude!

thanks!

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: If you call me "The Ever Observant Poet", then I would think you were in league with reVamp...sorry...long story...

@Time_Phantom said:

To quote 17 different actors/actresses from the TV show The Prisoner: "...That would be telling..."

I'm sorry...I apologize for my references of older shows a lot of people wouldn't know...

What can I say? i'm a crazy person...

I've seen episodes of The Prisoner...

@Time_Phantom said:

Thank you.

Who says you ever find out? :P

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@primepower53: Cool! It's always hard to tell if people get the things I reference...sometimes it's hit and sometimes it's miss...