THE MYSTERIOUS LADY CHAPTER EIGHT: OLD PLACES

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I apologize for the delay. I was away from my laptop with the story for a while.

CHAPTER EIGHT: OLD PLACES:

Ro entered a small town in Italy on a stormy night, seeing only by way of lightning strikes every few seconds. He knew he needed to find an inn. Fast. Ro only prayed the clouds blanketed the night sky for a good few hours.

Finally, he reached an inn halfway through the night. Again, he found himself praying, against all odds, that the rain would not let up. He prayed tonight would not be one of his special nights.

Ro banged a loud raspy knock on the door, to which the innkeeper swung the door open surprisingly quick.

“Puh-please.” Ro stammered, visibly shaken from the cold, “I need a place to stay

The fire crackled and danced a dance that reminded him vividly of Lady beside Ro, who hugged himself tight for warmth. His feet were dipped in a bucket of hot water and several blankets were bundled on him.

The innkeeper brought in a tray carrying two hot bowls of soup. Ro’s mouth watered at the sight of it and his stomach grumbled loudly. The innkeeper offered him one of the bowls which he quickly snatched and began sipping quickly. It looked like slop. He didn’t care. It was hot, and that was all that mattered.

“How long has it been since you ate, son?” the worried innkeeper asked.

Within minutes Ro had finished his bowl and looked at the second one with eager eyes. His stomach let out another grumble.

The innkeeper pushed the bowl forward. “Help yourself,” he said, “you need it more than I do.”

Again Ro snatched the bowl, shoveling the soup into his mouth.

The innkeeper sat back in his chair, slowly. “Do you mind if I share a story with you?” the innkeeper asked.

Ro shook his head.

The innkeeper let out a small chuckle, “well then,” he said, “I can see that I have your attention.”

With that, the innkeeper wove a fabulous tale of a beast that had entered the town in Italy hundreds of years ago. It preyed on the innocent and killed two men. His ancestor had even seen it with his own eyes. A local man had shot the beast and hurt it bad enough for it to retreat, yet no body was ever found. It was said that the beast still walks the Earth, preying on the innocent.

With his tale finished, the innkeeper gave Ro a satisfied look.

“But it’s just a story,” he said, and with that, the innkeeper walked off, leaving Ro alone in his room.

That night Ro had blown out all his candles and looked up to see Lady floating above his bed, inches from his face. Her beautiful silky hair draped down below her.

“I’m sorry, Ro.” She said, “I was going to tell you eventually.”

Ro ignored her, leaning to his side.

“Ro,” Lady pleaded, “I wanted you to finish training before you learned there was another like you! You’re not yet ready!”

A tear dripped down to Ro’s bed.

“This is it,” she said, “This is the destiny I told you about. You are destined to kill this man.” She faked a smile, “You’re destined to win….You will win…And you will receive a prize beyond your wildest dreams.” Her voice was luscious and calming.

“I just didn’t want you to get hurt,” She said. “Is there any way I can make it up to you?”

Ro smiled.

“Actually,” he said, “there is.”

Their lips met. Lady was shocked at first but soon embraced it.

They parted.

“You’ve always been there for me,” He smiled, “It’s time I returned the favor.”

The night was great and passionate as the two embraced each other, letting loose emotions held back for centuries. All in one glorious moment of the two met. Desire burned their hearts, aching to get out. Their feelings for each other escaped. All at once; it happened.

Later that night Lady awoke to find her lying in bed next to Ro, who had his arm around her. She cast a wry glance out the window to see the clouds parting…slowly…ever so slowly they parted.

She turned to Ro and whispered in his ear, “Ro, tonight is one of those special nights.”

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Huzzah. I wonder what the prize beyond his wildest dreams could be...

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ekrolo

Wow..... I do not get whats going on here rofl, like what is this about? Is this something original or an AU of something already existing?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@ekrolo: you want the jist of the story? It's about warrior werewolves (though he doesn't call them that...) who are destined to fight eachother. Plus there is a mysterious lady...

Here are the previous chapters:

I fixed edited this peticular story (to explain how I know more about the story than other readers). It's not totally polished, but enough for our purposes.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ekrolo

@The Poet:

Very mysterious indeed.... Also I wish we could get a real list of stories so people could follow them easy on this site trying to find older stories here is a nightmare....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Poet said:

Huzzah. I wonder what the prize beyond his wildest dreams could be...

hahaha!

We can only wonder....

@ekrolo said:

@The Poet:

Very mysterious indeed.... Also I wish we could get a real list of stories so people could follow them easy on this site trying to find older stories here is a nightmare....

Poet's actually working on that.....

Do feel free to bump the threads linked above.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ekrolo

@primepower53: Oh I wasnt aware of that, Ive only been back here for a few days now, btw are all the fan fic groups extinct?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@ekrolo: yeah...a COMPLETE Fan-Fic Library would be a nice resource...someone should get on that :P

and by someone I mean the guy who has 53 pages worth of story titles (not all his own mind you) and a hidden thread in a secret forum

Oh! that's right! that someone's me :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ekrolo said:

@primepower53: Oh I wasnt aware of that, Ive only been back here for a few days now, btw are all the fan fic groups extinct?

basically yeah. XD